IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 171.
#401 6 years ago

Newbie question my wife wanted to know if there was a way to reset or clear the factory highscores? I’m pretty sure you just beat them off but she wanted me to ask.

Also good tip on the rubbers I’m going to raise mine when I get home as sometimes hitting a rocket or orb shot after it slingshots back can go flying lol

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The path from Pro to Promium continues...
Added ramp lighting, colored posts, and Pin Stadium lights

you need to tone it down a bit on all the lights, starting to get a bit much. I like the protectors, the lights in the back of the ramp area and groots mouth, but the rest to me is over the top. However to each their own, if you like it thats all that matters!

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Newbie question my wife wanted to know if there was a way to reset or clear the factory highscores? I’m pretty sure you just beat them off but she wanted me to ask.
Also good tip on the rubbers I’m going to raise mine when I get home as sometimes hitting a rocket or orb shot after it slingshots back can go flying lol

you can lower the default high scores in the settings individually.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

you can lower the default high scores in the settings individually.

I tried that but it still shows the default scores on the lcd, wasn’t sure if there was a reboot method.

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

you need to tone it down a bit on all the lights, starting to get a bit much. I like the protectors, the lights in the back of the ramp area and groots mouth, but the rest to me is over the top. However to each their own, if you like it thats all that matters!

I respectfully disagree. Machine looks amazing to me and comparing it to stock lighting is laughable. To each their own though

#406 6 years ago

Does anyone else have an issue with balls kicked out of the scoop going SDTM?

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Does anyone else have an issue with balls kicked out of the scoop going SDTM?

i dont, but there is a coil adjustment for the right scoop you could try turning the power down.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Use Titan Rubbers

Are there big difference between Titan and Superbands? I thought they were the same material, but maybe not.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Raise the rubbers a little higher on the faces of the bats. If the rubber is above the ball it does not hit up on the ball just like a bat hitting a ball in baseball.

Cool, I'll give that a shot, thanks! I'm convinced there's no difference in the coil power settings.

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

I tried that but it still shows the default scores on the lcd, wasn’t sure if there was a reboot method.

You still have to reset the high scores after lowering them. Two different spots. I searched how to lower them on a Stern and someone posted how to do it. I had to look it up again when I updated to 0.72.

I traded in my Hook for GotG pro when the place I got my Hook from wasn’t able to fix the errors. We are enjoying the Gaurdians and I have found pinside extremely helpful with both my games.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Are there big difference between Titan and Superbands? I thought they were the same material, but maybe not.

Titan is silicone, superbands are polyurethane. Very very very different, and play completely different as well. IMO Titans are far far superior but everyone has their open opinions on both brands. If you have never tried titans please do, hell i will even send you a couple samples cause thats how much i love them haha.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Titan is silicone, superbands are polyurethane. Very very very different, and play completely different as well. IMO Titans are far far superior but everyone has their open opinions on both brands. If you have never tried titans please do, hell i will even send you a couple samples cause thats how much i love them haha.

You're a good salesman I will for sure give them a shot, sounds very convincing!

#412 6 years ago

I'm having a blast with this game already! It will be nice to see how the code matures. The layout is great and the game is pretty loaded. Artwork is really good too. This game is a winner in my book.

#413 6 years ago

I like how the pops will change the next lit shot when in Sanctuary. Instead of hitting rocket, you can shoot to pops and light one of the easier shots. Brilliant!

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You're a good salesman I will for sure give them a shot, sounds very convincing!

I bought Titans and won't go back. They are also much easier to put on.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I bought Titans and won't go back. They are also much easier to put on.

This whole conversation triggered a memory about a movie called "Amazon Women On The Moon" I busted out laughing watching this scene again.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This whole conversation triggered a memory about a movie called "Amazon Women On The Moon" I busted out laughing watching this scene again.
» YouTube video

hahhaha I think of that movie every single time someone mentions Titans, I kinda wish I saw that post first haha

#418 6 years ago

My GOTG shooter is still way too strong with latest code update. Turning coils to soft seems to do nothing. They need to add a shooter eject and auto launch adjustment option in the adjustment settings. I tried turning down my right scoop eject down to 24 and it literally went SDTM every time. I had to increase back up to avoid drains.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

some of J Prestons finest work, love that women.

#420 6 years ago

almost done with my 11$ speaker light undercab mod

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

almost done with my 11$ speaker light undercab mod » YouTube video

Me likey. Nice work! Hook me up with the details once you figure it out

#422 6 years ago

Does GOTG need additional lighting? No. Do we need more before and after pics of Pin stadium? No.

But.....I often play my machines in the dark (just my preference) and I kept saying that the awesome art in the middle of the playfield was darkened and hidden with stock lighting. I was very happy to finally be able to see Star Lord and Ronin while playing.

E28346C8-7D2D-4B58-BAE3-F5697E189995 (resized).jpegE28346C8-7D2D-4B58-BAE3-F5697E189995 (resized).jpeg

#423 6 years ago

My local arcade just got GOTG I have to say the game is absolutely beautiful! I will reserve comment on game play until the code matures. The game has no call outs at his point because they have not updated the base code yet, the tech who works there is a buddy of mine so I am gunna ride his ass about updating it. I want to hear “Ababallee Boo Ababallee Bo Bo”

A6F510A6-48F7-4E8D-AD17-944706E5A158 (resized).jpegA6F510A6-48F7-4E8D-AD17-944706E5A158 (resized).jpeg

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

they have not updated the base code yet, the tech who works there is a buddy of mine so I am gunna ride his ass about updating it.

Better yet: download the update, put it on a flash drive, and wander in with it to your buddy. Were it me, I'd take the minute to do the update and give you a couple credits to "test" it.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Better yet: download the update, put it on a flash drive, and wander in with it to your buddy. Were it me, I'd take the minute to do the update and give you a couple credits to "test" it.

I like that idea!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 6 years ago

I’ve now put over 100 games into it with .73 code and the wife and others included are having so much fun.. my only concern is that the ball gets trapped when it comes thru the very top sometimes and the coils are super turned up even after setting them down to soft.

Once the newer codes includes more movie clips and sound it should only get better.

#427 6 years ago

Coils are “Way tuned up”. I can’t play it as it’s just launching airballs and going to break something.
Powered down for now for me until I get plastic protectors and Cliffys...just way too much coil power.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Coils are “Way tuned up”. I can’t play it as it’s just launching airballs and going to break something.
Powered down for now for me until I get plastic protectors and Cliffys...just way too much coil power.

Nooooo Cleland, we must have your mix! I’ll chip in to replace plastics if they break man, but keep that bad mamajamma running. Hahaha

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Nooooo Cleland, we must have your mix! I’ll chip in to replace plastics if they break man, but keep that bad mamajamma running. Hahaha

If he is not playing, he will have more free time to work on the mix.

#430 6 years ago

Any news when LE’s will ship in the US ?

#431 6 years ago

So....who wants to trade me their NIB pro for a modded Metallica wood-head? The wife is demanding it. -=P

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Any news when LE’s will ship in the US ?

I pick mine up Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 more days and #23 will be in da house!!!

#433 6 years ago

Owner's, how can this problem be fixed. Covering up the inlane / outlane entrance like this, why do designers do it?

*Pic borrowed from FaceBook

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

how can this problem be fixed

Simple....remove the groot decal. All you're going to be left with is the flasher body and the ramp plastic, which is see-through.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Owner's, how can this problem be fixed. Covering up the inlane / outlane entrance like this, why do designers do it?

Absolutely agree that this is beyond lame. Plus, this game drains a lot out the left side, and limited vision really sucks.

Quoted from Frax:

Simple....remove the groot decal. All you're going to be left with is the flasher body and the ramp plastic, which is see-through.

That flasher is still going to be a problem.

#436 6 years ago

For owners out there, what scenes relate to which modes?

For example is Orb multiball linked to the opening of GOTG with star lord stealing the orb or is it linked to the Dance off with Ronan on Xander? Those two scenes make think of the Orb, so just curious if owners could chime in specially after the latest code.

#437 6 years ago

I was going to order a full protector for this game. they didn't have the LE/premium yet, but have the pro, assuming they are the same right?
I asked them and they sent me the GOT differences, not GOTG. tried to clarify and got no response.

The only differences I could find, had nothing to do with the actual playfield layout.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I was going to order a full protector for this game. they didn't have the LE/premium yet, but have the pro, assuming they are the same right?
I asked them and they sent me the GOT differences, not GOTG. tried to clarify and got no response.
The only differences I could find, had nothing to do with the actual playfield layout.

Who is "they"?

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Who is "they"?

the german company that makes them.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

the german company that makes them.

Think DCFAN was looking for something a little more specific, like which German based company as you referring to? There’s at least 2 or 3 pinball companies in Germany I am aware of.

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That flasher is still going to be a problem.

I'm 5 9. I played one last night. It wasn't an issue at all for me with the decal there, or my wife. Quiddity feel free to chime in here..

Might've been how the one I was playing was leveled...it didn't seem that far off to one side or the other to me, but there was WAAAAY more right side drains and STDM for me than left side, which is shocking, considering Metallica has that same lane setup and it's absolute murder on that side.

Bigger issue for me personally was the Rocket shot. That thing is a POS through-and-through.... like...for one, you're going to HAVE to buy target braces if they aren't installing them and those switches move AT ALL..shot is super tight. I can live with that. Bigger issue was that 85% of the time I shot Rocket, directly or on accident, it literally kicked the ball STDM no way to save it, no ball save at all. It's *WAY* worse than War Machine was.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Who is "they"?

Probably PinballCenter.

#442 6 years ago

Have there been any reports of cabinets splitting with Guardians? I have been out of the loop and was curious if this was still an issue?

#443 6 years ago

Aww yeah

FB_IMG_1512911704241 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1512911704241 (resized).jpg

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I posted long ago that I was worried about this and thought it was going to be problematic like it is on Avengers and on the right side for ACDC, but honestly, after playing many games it's not even remotely an issue for me. I'm 6'3" but still find I can see and nudge as needed. If I couldn't, this would really tick me off though.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I posted long ago that I was worried about this and thought it was going to be problematic like it is on Avengers and on the right side for ACDC, but honestly, after playing many games it's not even remotely an issue for me. I'm 6'3" but still find I can see and nudge as needed. If I couldn't, this would really tick me off though.

Agreed, I was worried about it when I first got the game, but now it's not even an issue.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Think DCFAN was looking for something a little more specific, like which German based company as you referring to? There’s at least 2 or 3 pinball companies in Germany I am aware of.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
I went ahead and just ordered it, I'd like to get it out before to much time passes. figured I can modify any differences that might come up.

#447 6 years ago

That is great to hear that you are not finding the inlane/outlane view obstructed. After seeing the picture again where the camera is set back behind the lock bar it does appear the decal and flasher are far enough up the playfield beyond the lane divide to provide a decent view.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For owners out there, what scenes relate to which modes?
For example is Orb multiball linked to the opening of GOTG with star lord stealing the orb or is it linked to the Dance off with Ronan on Xander? Those two scenes make think of the Orb, so just curious if owners could chime in specially after the latest code.

Any owners able to answer my question above, very interested in GOTG but would like to know what scenes/modes are shaping up like at this early stage. Thanks.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any owners able to answer my question above, very interested in GOTG but would like to know what scenes/modes are shaping up like at this early stage. Thanks.

Not good. It's basically shoot lit shots like AS and Kiss. No feedback when you make the shots.

#450 6 years ago

Rocket mod by delta9 Looks factory tyed it into the ramp flasher but im gonna change it to the rocket light enjoy if theirs any interest in this mod contact modfather

5A753C0B-50DF-4162-B1B7-9A871A6367B1 (resized).jpeg5A753C0B-50DF-4162-B1B7-9A871A6367B1 (resized).jpeg
B11CCD05-357A-446B-999A-3F5D570F9C39 (resized).jpegB11CCD05-357A-446B-999A-3F5D570F9C39 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 28.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.