IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 170.
#4351 4 years ago

Are the spinners on the Premium/LE used for anything in the code?

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Are the spinners on the Premium/LE used for anything in the code?

I hadn't given it much thought, but, no. They are good for switch hits to help complete Antiquities Shop. Other than that, they're just fun to hit.

Can anyone else think of anything?

#4353 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! NIB arrived from the late Feb production run (mine was manufactured 2/27/20). It's the one game I just look forward to playing again and again when I see it on location and I like the tough/tight shots. But god, that left outlane is BRUTAL.

IMG_9717 (resized).jpgIMG_9717 (resized).jpgIMG_9751 (resized).jpgIMG_9751 (resized).jpg
#4354 4 years ago

Does anyone know until when he will be in production gotg pro? I would like to buy it again but new. but I have to wait until next year.

#4355 4 years ago

I finally completed my first mod for my GOTG Pro, it's a 3D printed replacement for the Pro's infinity orb. I integrated the lighting inside the orb halves to make it look cleaner. My replacement lighting board uses the correct molex connector which makes it plug and play. It simply mounts to the original metal bracket using the original screws, super simple but adds a great visual impact with the translucent infinity stone floating between the two halves. I have it up for sale in my store now.

I'm also about to post up a replacement for the Start Button. It's a resin printed Star Lord mask. To install it, you need to disassemble your start button, remove the stock clear plastic cap and pop this one on. I can also sell them as an assembled button if there's interest, would just need to order some stock Stern start buttons for cores.
20CB5C8C-9C74-4B32-A2DC-36B9963046E2_1_201_a (resized).jpeg20CB5C8C-9C74-4B32-A2DC-36B9963046E2_1_201_a (resized).jpeg6B454E21-621E-4FAD-B1FE-17053A976699 (resized).jpeg6B454E21-621E-4FAD-B1FE-17053A976699 (resized).jpeg

83F5FA34-410F-458B-91DE-3F3435B77A9B_1_201_a (resized).jpeg83F5FA34-410F-458B-91DE-3F3435B77A9B_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Finalmente completé mi primer mod para mi GOTG Pro, es un reemplazo impreso en 3D para el orbe infinito del Pro. Integré la iluminación dentro de las mitades del orbe para que se vea más limpia. Mi placa de iluminación de reemplazo utiliza el conector molex correcto que lo hace enchufar y usar. Simplemente se monta en el soporte de metal original usando los tornillos originales, súper simple pero agrega un gran impacto visual con la piedra infinita translúcida flotando entre las dos mitades. Lo tengo a la venta en mi tienda ahora.
También estoy a punto de publicar un reemplazo para el botón de inicio. Es una máscara de Star Lord impresa en resina. Para instalarlo, debe desarmar el botón de inicio, quitar la tapa de plástico transparente y colocar esta. También puedo venderlos como un botón ensamblado si hay interés, solo tendría que pedir algunos botones de inicio Stern para núcleos.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I finally completed my first mod for my GOTG Pro, it's a 3D printed replacement for the Pro's infinity orb. I integrated the lighting inside the orb halves to make it look cleaner. My replacement lighting board uses the correct molex connector which makes it plug and play. It simply mounts to the original metal bracket using the original screws, super simple but adds a great visual impact with the translucent infinity stone floating between the two halves. I have it up for sale in my store now.
I'm also about to post up a replacement for the Start Button. It's a resin printed Star Lord mask. To install it, you need to disassemble your start button, remove the stock clear plastic cap and pop this one on. I can also sell them as an assembled button if there's interest, would just need to order some stock Stern start buttons for cores.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the start button!

2 weeks later
#4358 4 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday by picking up a routed pro with about 1100 plays.

Cosmetically in fantastic condition.

Discovered today that the center target down coil wasn’t working: not during play and not in test. I think I have it working now. But...I’m still not sure if the target coils and orb collect is working exactly as it should. When the 3rd orb is collected and multiball starts, is it supposed to hold the ball behind the drop target and give you just one new ball from the plunger until you hit the target again and release the trapped ball?

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Just joined the club yesterday by picking up a routed pro with about 1100 plays.
Discovered today that the center target down coil wasn’t working: not during play and not in test. I think I have it working now. But...I’m still not sure if the target coils and orb collect is working exactly as it should. When the 3rd orb is collected and multiball starts, is it supposed to hold the ball behind the drop target and give you just one new ball from the plunger until you hit the target again and release the trapped ball?

Yes. When you lock the third ball, the game will launch another ball and the hurry-up will start. Hit the drop target to release the ball and set the jackpot value. The game will launch a third ball. If you do not release the locked ball before the hurry-up times out, you will begin a 2-ball multiball.

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Great game. Congratulations!

#4361 4 years ago

Thanks. Appreciate the quick reply. Seems that it’s working well now.

Time to get some games in on it!

Will play for a while as is, but also looking forward to trying out the Cleland mod.

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Thanks. Appreciate the quick reply. Seems that it’s working well now.
Time to get some games in on it!
Will play for a while as is, but also looking forward to trying out the Cleland mod.

Enjoy!

#4363 3 years ago

Cleland mod is great

#4364 3 years ago

Much thanks to SKWilson for providing these Stern art blades! I'd been on the lookout for these for awhile. Got my 3rd best score a couple games after installing, so it's definitely helping.

20200328_120816 (resized).jpg20200328_120816 (resized).jpg20200328_120807 (resized).jpg20200328_120807 (resized).jpg

20200328_120859 (resized).jpg20200328_120859 (resized).jpg20200328_120910 (resized).jpg20200328_120910 (resized).jpg
#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Much thanks to SKWilson for providing these Stern art blades! I'd been on the lookout for these for awhile. Got my 3rd best score a couple games after installing, so it's definitely helping.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great!

#4366 3 years ago

I have a GOTG Pro for sale listed in the marketplace if anyone has interest. Just PM for details >

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lucky you!!

#4368 3 years ago

Are the stern art blades just vinyl? Or are they thicker plastic?

I had a heck of a time trying to install the pin blades that came with my machine. One of them ended up being warped...

I'd love a set that were a bit more stiff for easier installation, although I'm not sure if there's enough room to accommodate the extra thickness.

#4369 3 years ago

The stern ones are vinyl, just let them acclimate for a couple days to relax a bit. Easy install.

#4370 3 years ago

Has anyone had any luck adjusting the Drax lane guide? shots will ring out even on launch sometimes. Found some extra time now so might try to adjust the rail.

#4371 3 years ago

Hi All,
I have a GOTG Pro my first ever Pinball.
I bought it 2nd hand but it's in very very good condition. But.
I'm having some issues with the ORB drop target.

I noticed early on that if a ball was locked the game needed to go into ball search to release the ball.
How does the game detect a ball has been locked?

Now a 2nd issue the target does not raise. In the switch test the target lowers fine but if in the raise test sometimes the solenoid double fires and then the target will not raise.

Do I have two issues?

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from LFD45:

Hi All,
I have a GOTG Pro my first ever Pinball.
I bought it 2nd hand but it's in very very good condition. But.
I'm having some issues with the ORB drop target.
I noticed early on that if a ball was locked the game needed to go into ball search to release the ball.
How does the game detect a ball has been locked?
Now a 2nd issue the target does not raise. In the switch test the target lowers fine but if in the raise test sometimes the solenoid double fires and then the target will not raise.
Do I have two issues?

It’s most likely the wire clip connection connecting the drop to the sensor. That connection doesn’t have much for a clip to lock it in place and often rattles loose. All of your tests will work but the communication is likely severed. This was happening to me every few weeks/months depending on play. I eventually cut a thin strip of electrical tape And wrapped it to hold the connection last time I fixed it and it’s been fine ever since. There’s a couple other posts in this thread and this looks to have fixed it for those owners as well.

#4373 3 years ago

Thanks. age of pin. I actually think the sensor pcb is actually broken it's tiny the connector itself is filmsy the small PCB seems to have very poor solder joints.
I may take a picture to see if people think there should be more solder there..

#4374 3 years ago

what does the small PCB on the back of the drop target assembly do? I think mine is broken

20200406_173711 (resized).jpg20200406_173711 (resized).jpg
#4375 3 years ago
Quoted from LFD45:

what does the small PCB on the back of the drop target assembly do? I think mine is broken[quoted image]

3 of those pins appear to have zero solder on them?!

#4376 3 years ago

Agreed. That's why I'm asking what does this PCB do as it's clearly broken..what do reckon Stern would say I sen them the photo?

#4377 3 years ago
Quoted from LFD45:

Agreed. That's why I'm asking what does this PCB do as it's clearly broken..what do reckon Stern would say I sen them the photo?

Soldering iron and it is 2 min fix.

#4378 3 years ago

I’d say she likes her birthday present! LE #222. The trick to gift giving is make it something you want just as bad! Ha

93544C3E-0090-4194-8DE4-A282EF369FE0 (resized).jpeg93544C3E-0090-4194-8DE4-A282EF369FE0 (resized).jpeg7C6F53E9-D143-4898-A650-2140EE9EB5EC (resized).jpeg7C6F53E9-D143-4898-A650-2140EE9EB5EC (resized).jpeg
#4379 3 years ago

We got our first new(ish) pin this week. I wanted a Deadpool, the wife wanted a GOTG. So we got a GOTG.
Yesterday I printed some new cards and a topper!

73A8FD49-4B5B-43D2-9422-2B485D17ACE8 (resized).jpeg73A8FD49-4B5B-43D2-9422-2B485D17ACE8 (resized).jpeg8A26CB16-7CC4-40E2-8E68-F743B2131DB5 (resized).jpeg8A26CB16-7CC4-40E2-8E68-F743B2131DB5 (resized).jpeg
#4380 3 years ago

My problem started out with the orb drop target trapping balls and causing it to search for the ball. After reading the posts here, we tried bending the bracket like has been suggested. Now the orb target rarely comes up and even more seldom locks in a ball for multiball. The sensor is registering hits but won’t give me orb multiball. As with everyone else, the drop target works in the test mode but not in the game.

Added over 4 years ago:

spiwrx did this happen to you at all?

#4381 3 years ago

Hey everybody, what angle is the top of your back box? My machine is level where it should be (bubble at 6.5°) but oddly I notice the top of my back box is at an angle so it’s hard to put thing on it (about 6°). This the same for everybody?

#4382 3 years ago

Got an issue with my guardians last week which I want to share with you. Maybe someone can use this info in the future.

When shooting the ball in the scoop (upgrade / mode select / mystery / extra ball) the lit function(s) rarely gets activated but the ball will get kicked out. I'd had to shoot the scoop for like 4+ times to get to another mode. And sometimes it would just register immediately.
But the ball always got kicked out, no ball searches occured.

So I ruled out the switch at first because the ball gets kicked out every time. Replaced the SD card with the original one thinking maybe there's a corruption on the card but that did not seem to be the issue. Checked all the settings in the menu but there was no improvement there.

Got into the switch test and found that the switch was registering but it was intermittend. Meaning: when the ball enters the scoop the switch would register like 4 to 5 times on and off fast and would stay activated after that.
Checked the switch and found that one of the screws was missing and it was tilted into an awkward position and causing the described issue. The screw was found lying inside the cabinet so that was quickly fixed.

#4383 3 years ago

Sorry for the bad focussing of the picture.

6B45C65E-A695-4207-939E-CA2AB674C7EF (resized).jpeg6B45C65E-A695-4207-939E-CA2AB674C7EF (resized).jpeg
#4384 3 years ago

More appropriate for playing tips; but I thought owners would be more interested than most.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-big-shot-600m-18b#post-5599587

#4385 3 years ago

Is it just me, or are the outlanes brutal on this game? Mine seems to suck balls over there. Infuriating.

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Is it just me, or are the outlanes brutal on this game? Mine seems to suck balls over there. Infuriating.

Left outlane FOR SURE!

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Left outlane FOR SURE!

Yes.... I think there are magnets in the left outlane! I’ll trade mine for Stern Star Trek

#4388 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Left outlane FOR SURE!

More aggravating than the left outlane is when the ball rolls up the right inlane and over into the right outlane when making a drop catch.....nothing pisses me off with this game more than that. I've never played a game that does it as much as GotG.

#4389 3 years ago

Left outlane is tough. But I have figured out that the best nudge on the right outlane is UP. The shimmy doesn't work very well. A light UP nudge at the right time can put a ball destined for the outlane, right to the inlane instead. Too hard an up nudge puts the ball over the inlane, only to hop back over to the outlane.

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yes.... I think there are magnets in the left outlane! I’ll trade mine for Stern Star Trek

That’s how I feel! Maybe balls too magnetised! Lol!

#4391 3 years ago

I know the topic of the magnet not catching the ball on the Pro machines has been beat to death on here, but I thought I'd add a little more info that I noticed.

I've had the time to play a LOT more pinball lately at home and the magnet on my Guardians has been performing very well and very consistently (as has the rest of the game). On Sunday I cleaned and polished the play field. Now the magnet catches maybe 1 out of 3 balls that exit from the Orb target. The machine is playing significantly faster after polishing and nothing else has changed. I have also noticed that the magnet will sometimes grab a ball that flies past it quickly then bounces around and gets back near it. So I have no doubt that it is working.

Hopefully this eases some concerns people have with their magnet not always working. Once the machine has slowed back down a bit I'll post an update.

-RLF

#4392 3 years ago

i have a question. it is not possible to stack Quill/star lord mode with orb or groot mb correct?

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i have a question. it is not possible to stack Quill/star lord mode with orb or groot mb correct?

Not on the 2-ball, the second time you activate Quills quest it is only a one ball mode and then you can stack with the other multi-balls.

#4394 3 years ago

Question here....

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy this game, but was wondering if anyone has a track listing of all the songs in the game? I've been looking around, but no luck.

Thank you!

#4395 3 years ago

Anyone get the official topper yet?

I've been eyeing one up to complete my modded out pro; is it worth it??

#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Anyone get the official topper yet?
I've been eyeing one up to complete my modded out pro; is it worth it??

The lighting is interactive with game play and it just looks good. I think it's worth it.

#4397 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurelia:

Question here....
I'm trying to decide if I want to buy this game, but was wondering if anyone has a track listing of all the songs in the game? I've been looking around, but no luck.
Thank you!

I wonder if anyone remembers the original soundtrack. Download and install the Cleland sound replacement mod. It's worth it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#4398 3 years ago

Yes, Cleland Mod All the Way on this; makes a good game full on Great

#4399 3 years ago

Yes second the Cleland sound replacement mod, makes the game so much more enjoyable and yes to the topper in my opinion finishes off the game.

#4400 3 years ago

Ugh...right flipper completely died last night mid-game. It was late, so I didn't dig into it. When this happened on my MMr, the flipper screw had fallen out. I'll have to check tonight when I get home. Hopefully it's mechanical and not electrical!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/88?hl=casa76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.