IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 170.
#4301 4 years ago

Our rocket shot doesn’t drain as well. I would look to adjust if it does. Mine always hits the right flipper

#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I love the "rocket" shot. That's what originally captured my interest in the game. It doesn't drain for me either.

It's a great shot. Like War Machine in Iron Man but NOT down the middle.

#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Our rocket shot doesn’t drain as well. I would look to adjust if it does. Mine always hits the right flipper

It's a coin flip on mine. Sometimes it will catch the right flipper and sometimes it's SDTM. In fact, when it does go SDTM it fires so hard that it will often hit the metal rail behind the flippers and ricochet up the left outlane and back into play. It always gets the "Rocket, you suck...oh awesome!" response.

#4304 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

You might want to leave it unplugged as that bastard will shoot it into a drain half the time

Rocket is supposed to return the ball to the right flipper when the flipper is down, drain if the flipper is up. It is really easy to adjust the ball guide to make sure this happens every time. Awesome feature on the game.

#4305 4 years ago

Hi guys, my first post on the forum. I picked up 9 NIB machines to get my collection going. Loving the new hobby of course. I recently received my GoTG LE NIB and have played about 20 games. It feels slow and off compared to my other machines. After troubleshooting and reading the forum I believe the 3 magnets are affecting the ball slightly at all times when the ball passes over top of them.

Has anyone heard of this happening? I have read plenty of stories of the magnets not working when the ball drops from the orb but I haven't seen this one yet from other users. Should I try and put some small washers on the brackets to lower them? I tried running the diagnose tools and I do hear a small click when I activate the left, right, and center magnet but I do not see anything happening. I am assuming the magnets are supposed to move up when the ball drops from the orb. Sorry if this is a super noob question, doing my best to learn from the experience of others!

See attached for a pic. Also attached a pic of my collection before I get my latest 3 machines (Wonka LE, Munsters, Elvira), they are arriving tomorrow!

IMG_0791 (resized).jpgIMG_0791 (resized).jpgdemo (resized).jpgdemo (resized).jpg
#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

Hi guys, my first post on the forum. I picked up 9 NIB machines to get my collection going. Loving the new hobby of course. I recently received my GoTG LE NIB and have played about 20 games. It feels slow and off compared to my other machines. After troubleshooting and reading the forum I believe the 3 magnets are affecting the ball slightly at all times when the ball passes over top of them.
Has anyone heard of this happening? I have read plenty of stories of the magnets not working when the ball drops from the orb but I haven't seen this one yet from other users. Should I try and put some small washers on the brackets to lower them? I tried running the diagnose tools and I do hear a small click when I activate the left, right, and center magnet but I do not see anything happening. I am assuming the magnets are supposed to move up when the ball drops from the orb. Sorry if this is a super noob question, doing my best to learn from the experience of others!
See attached for a pic. Also attached a pic of my collection before I get my latest 3 machines (Wonka LE, Munsters, Elvira), they are arriving tomorrow![quoted image][quoted image]

Magnets are only active for a small portion of gameplay. They don't move at all. They effect the ball travel, but throw it in various directions when they cross it. See what happens after the the orb lock shot, certain Multiballs, etc.

Is the machine level? The playfield pitch should be 6.5-7.0. You measure the playfield with glass off, not on.

Guardians is a fast pin.

#4307 4 years ago

See attached for a pic. Also attached a pic of my collection before I get my latest 3 machines (Wonka LE, Munsters, Elvira), they are arriving tomorrow![quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome, nice collection. Great to see that you also love sim racing Nice integration to your pinballs

#4308 4 years ago

So, I just got my stock GOTG prem. Recommended mods?

1. Side art blades or Mirror blades?
2. Colored plastic protectors from Little Shop?
3. Lights for troughs and other areas from Comet pinball?
4. I do have a shaker and will install that.
5. Will do Clvand's sound mod for sure!

Anything else?

Thanks.

#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anything else?
Thanks.

I obviously, but humbly, suggest for your consideration a Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. 358 different color / color change patterns with adjustable speed and brightness.

Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits: available at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I obviously, but humbly, suggest for your consideration a Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. 358 different color / color change patterns with adjustable speed and brightness.
Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits: available at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Must do for all spike2!

#4311 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I love the "rocket" shot. That's what originally captured my interest in the game. It doesn't drain for Larry

#4312 4 years ago

Dang Money Bags!!!

#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Anything else?
Thanks.

MIRROR BLADES! I recently put a set on mine and am so glad I didn't do art blades. Just be sure to get the protectors for when you raise the playfield.
Plastic protectors from Ulekstore. (Right orbit protector does NOT work on a premium. Slings, lanes, Rocket)
I also recently installed a shaker. Holy crap!

And, as DugFreez pointed out, Deluxe Speaker Light Kits are a must! (Thanks for sharing my vid, Doug!)

#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Magnets are only active for a small portion of gameplay. They don't move at all. They effect the ball travel, but throw it in various directions when they cross it. See what happens after the the orb lock shot, certain Multiballs, etc.
Is the machine level? The playfield pitch should be 6.5-7.0. You measure the playfield with glass off, not on.
Guardians is a fast pin.

I agree. Are the magnets working when they should (e.g. after an Orb lock)?
I once played a GotG on location where the front legs were raised. The game was super floaty and, quite frankly, not fun. I have mine pitched at 6.8 - 7.0 degrees and it's an ass-kicker.

#4315 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

MIRROR BLADES! I recently put a set on mine and am so glad I didn't do art blades. Just be sure to get the protectors for when you raise the playfield.
Plastic protectors from Ulekstore. (Right orbit protector does NOT work on a premium. Slings, lanes, Rocket)
I also recently installed a shaker. Holy crap!
And, as dugfreez pointed out, Deluxe Speaker Light Kits are a must! (Thanks for sharing my vid, Doug!)

Thanks!

#4316 4 years ago

So, I want to install mirror blades on my GOTG. Is the best version the ones provided by Tilt Graphics? Other recommendations? I don't like the sideart blades I've seen so far.

#4317 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

So, I want to install mirror blades on my GOTG. Is the best version the ones provided by Tilt Graphics? Other recommendations? I don't like the sideart blades I've seen so far.

I got mine from Cointaker.

20191213_194354 (resized).jpg20191213_194354 (resized).jpg
#4318 4 years ago

So happy with my Pro-game that I've been moding to my liking.. Some of the modd highlited in these photos.

DSC_0876.JPGDSC_0876.JPGDSC_0877.JPGDSC_0877.JPGDSC_0878.JPGDSC_0878.JPGDSC_0883.JPGDSC_0883.JPG
#4319 4 years ago

Hey guys, is there a way to adjust the flipper power on this game? I looked in the usual place you would find it on sterns: service>adjustments>feature adjustments, but its not there(also looked in the standard adjustments). All of the other power setting are there however...I'm running the latest code 1.06

I just waxed this baby and i swear the ball is going to break something its going so fast now! Not to mention i'm getting more shots rattling on the ramps.

Thanks

#4320 4 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

Hey guys, is there a way to adjust the flipper power on this game? I looked in the usual place you would find it on sterns: service>adjustments>feature adjustments, but its not there(also looked in the standard adjustments). All of the other power setting are there however...I'm running the latest code 1.06
I just waxed this baby and i swear the ball is going to break something its going so fast now! Not to mention i'm getting more shots rattling on the ramps.
Thanks

I’d like to know too. Can’t find it myself

#4321 4 years ago

Has anyone played the premium or LE version? Is it possible to add the additional 2 magnets to the pro version? Sounds like it would be fun to add.

#4322 4 years ago
Quoted from maskedavenger23:

Has anyone played the premium or LE version? Is it possible to add the additional 2 magnets to the pro version? Sounds like it would be fun to add.

Is the bottom of the Pro playfield routed out for the other two magnets, I don't think it is but I'm definitely not sure.

#4323 4 years ago

Add me to the GOTG pro NIB experience. Love this game

1 week later
#4324 4 years ago

Just got my pro in a trade. My first stern and machine newer than 1992 haha. Loving it so far!

#4325 4 years ago

If anyone has the Stern art blades and wants to sell, let me know.

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

If anyone has the Stern art blades and wants to sell, let me know.

Do the Stern blades have Thanos on one side and Star Lord on the other? If so, I have a set. I put in mirrors so I don't need them.

Are you going to TPF? I can bring them then or maybe I can meet you somewhere. PM me if you like.

#4327 4 years ago

So, I little update on my mods and upgrades and a few questions.

I purchased a Premium and since then have done the following:
- colored plastic protectors, including Rocket and clear Orb protector
- Stern Topper
- Stern Mirror blades
- speaker lights
- quiet fan
- pinnovator external sub connector and Polk Sub connected
- external volume and headphone control
- sign mod. see the before and after shot (thank you Sam!)
- shaker coming soon

Questions:
1. Since I have the external sub, can someone recommend replacement panel speakers? Is Flipper Fidelity the best option or are there other 3rd party options I could use?

2. Anyone have any recommended setting changes to audio to maximize the external sub?

IMG_0289 (resized).jpegIMG_0289 (resized).jpegIMG_0274 (resized).jpegIMG_0274 (resized).jpegIMG_0279 (resized).jpegIMG_0279 (resized).jpeg
#4328 4 years ago

Added some trough lighting. I tied it to the 12 volts connector of the cabinet board (cn11 which is meant for the coin dispenser or bill validator).

8D6B91CC-A2C6-41E6-B736-AC63E8FD679C (resized).jpeg8D6B91CC-A2C6-41E6-B736-AC63E8FD679C (resized).jpeg645F266A-AB6D-457E-979D-CDBF419811C9 (resized).jpeg645F266A-AB6D-457E-979D-CDBF419811C9 (resized).jpegD2006B49-3DB4-48CA-AFE4-4371B0E6C99D (resized).jpegD2006B49-3DB4-48CA-AFE4-4371B0E6C99D (resized).jpeg
#4329 4 years ago

I’m thinking this will be my next purchase can anyone say the prem/Le is worth the extra $ over a pro? I know the major differences are the groot arms, 2x extra magnets and spinners. Are they worth it? I played a Le and damn the kinetic satisfaction!

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’m thinking this will be my next purchase can anyone say the prem/Le is worth the extra $ over a pro? I know the major differences are the groot arms, 2x extra magnets and spinners. Are they worth it? I played a Le and damn the kinetic satisfaction!

You're going to get varying opinions. My opinion is, yes, it's worth it. I'm glad I got a premium. It didn't hurt that the price was really, really good, either.

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Do the Stern blades have Thanos on one side and Star Lord on the other? If so, I have a set. I put in mirrors so I don't need them.
Are you going to TPF? I can bring them then or maybe I can meet you somewhere. PM me if you like.

Yep that's it, PM sent.

#4332 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You're going to get varying opinions. My opinion is, yes, it's worth it. I'm glad I got a premium. It didn't hurt that the price was really, really good, either.

Are we talking WWE good or just GotG good pricing?

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are we talking WWE good or just GotG good pricing?

Let's just say I got it for below Pinside's estimated value.

#4334 4 years ago

Added a new orb from Hooked on Pinball. This MOD looks great!

6657DBF9-8A8F-4E9B-BF2C-94FBC3388522 (resized).jpeg6657DBF9-8A8F-4E9B-BF2C-94FBC3388522 (resized).jpeg7B442155-23D5-4596-B474-B0C37F03ACC6 (resized).jpeg7B442155-23D5-4596-B474-B0C37F03ACC6 (resized).jpegCFCB9121-35FB-4BA2-B9CF-11B6C7A211D2 (resized).jpegCFCB9121-35FB-4BA2-B9CF-11B6C7A211D2 (resized).jpeg
#4335 4 years ago

Anyone in Australia want to sell a pro?

#4336 4 years ago

Have not had the glass of more that 3 or 4 times but tonight I added light up buttons and now the board over star lord is dragging on the glass. Anyone have this happen? I made sure the playing field is all the way down but still doing it.

20200206_182515 (resized).jpg20200206_182515 (resized).jpg
#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Have not had the glass of more that 3 or 4 times but tonight I added light up buttons and now the board over star lord is dragging on the glass. Anyone have this happen? I made sure the playing field is all the way down but still doing it.[quoted image]

I would guess the playfield isn't sitting down completely.

#4338 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Have not had the glass of more that 3 or 4 times but tonight I added light up buttons and now the board over star lord is dragging on the glass. Anyone have this happen? I made sure the playing field is all the way down but still doing it.[quoted image]

The playfield cannot be all the way down if that is happening, check the two playfield hooks that mate into the bar (would be a lock-down bar in most non Spike games) at the front of the cabinet.

#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

There is a bit of adjustability in that signboard's mount assembly, so it can hit the glass if not installed correctly. Had that issue when I replaced it with the translucent green mod version...

#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The playfield cannot be all the way down if that is happening, check the two playfield hooks that mate into the bar (would be a lock-down bar in most non Spike games) at the front of the cabinet.

I have checked, the hooks are resting all the way down on the lock bar. One thing I did notice too is it seems to bind going down and I have to push it down to rest flush. None of my other Stern's do that, they just drop right in.

#4341 4 years ago

I've had that binding feeling when lowering Guardians before as well. It seemed to be caused by the larger wiring harnesses in the rippled black sheathing getting stuck on items sticking out of the backboard. See if that is what's causing the binding.

As far as the actual sign, the original sign is pretty tight to the glass. Not much clearance. A few Pinsiders (not all) noticed the sign mod was hitting their glass, so I lowered the height by a couple mm to make sure it always clears.

#4342 4 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “Back in stock!!! New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Back left prot...”
2020-02-16
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 64 days
Viewed: 279 times

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi there, We've got a little issue with our GOTG Pro. When starting up the first (1 player) game of the day, numbers start scrolling around where the scores of player 1, 2 & 3 normally are placed. This only stops when the machine gets switched on and off. Does somebody else here also have had this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, I just saw this for the first time on my game yesterday. Code 1.06. I finished my 1 player game, started a new one, and it was still behaving the same so I powered it off. I haven't powered it back up yet, but just wondering if yours still does this or if anyone else has seen this?

-RLF

#4344 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Hey, I just saw this for the first time on my game yesterday. Code 1.06. I finished my 1 player game, started a new one, and it was still behaving the same so I powered it off. I haven't powered it back up yet, but just wondering if yours still does this or if anyone else has seen this?

that happens when you hit the start button when its not all the way booted up

2 weeks later
#4345 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nice powder coat job! I like the color. In fact.......lol... [quoted image][quoted image]

Just got mine done, pretty much the same colour:

What did you do with the T-Mold as the blue shade just clashes? I'm thinking of going black.

Also got the speaker panel done finally that UrethraFranklin made up last year which is excellent just now waiting to grab a set of speaker lights to illuminate them properly (foam looks terrible at the moment).

IMG_7868 (resized).JPGIMG_7868 (resized).JPGIMG_7869 (resized).JPGIMG_7869 (resized).JPGIMG_7877 (resized).JPGIMG_7877 (resized).JPG
#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What did you do with the T-Mold as the blue shade just clashes?

I went with a dark blue T mold. I'll see if I can remember to snap a picture when I get home. Yes, the light blue looks awful with that color powder.

#4347 4 years ago

Shiny gold T-mold will also look nice. It will match the Guardians logo on the backglass and you can switch out your coin mechs to matching gold with the kit from Pinball Life.

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What did you do with the T-Mold as the blue shade just clashes? I'm thinking of going black.
Also got the speaker panel done finally that urethrafranklin made up last year which is excellent just now waiting to grab a set of speaker lights to illuminate them properly (foam looks terrible at the moment).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmmm. So you don't think the foam looks good in it when not lit up? I'm expecting it will look better WITH the foam in there with speaker lights on (as the foam will help to spread the light behind the speaker design area).

Now I'm wondering if the white plastic canvas (it's called clear, but looks white) I sell would look better behind the design area with the lights off than the foam does. I'm sure it would make the design show up better without the lights and worth a try I would say.

#4349 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Agregue los brazos de Groot hoy[quoted image]

where did you get the groot arms ???? Cheers

#4350 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Hmmmm. So you don't think the foam looks good in it when not lit up? I'm expecting it will look better WITH the foam in there with speaker lights on (as the foam will help to spread the light behind the speaker design area).
Now I'm wondering if the white plastic canvas (it's called clear, but looks white) I sell would look better behind the design area with the lights off than the foam does. I'm sure it would make the design show up better without the lights and worth a try I would say.

I'm less worried about how it looks when its off and yes I think with the lights on it will look fantastic! Yes think I'll give the canvas a go also.

Neil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/87?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.