IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 171.
#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Isn't that just Convolux in europe? Led4pin has these in the netherlands and Freddy in Germany.

Convolux is only in 1 color per set. I want 4 different colors for mine. (And yeah, I can hear the haters barfing up a colored rainbow and unicorn right now).

#4152 4 years ago

it is your machine....do what you want with it. It is always reversable.

#4153 4 years ago

Freddys convolux did have the exact same size then the plastics. The ulek ones are a little bit larger. In my opinion the wow effect is better with them.

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Freddys convolux did have the exact same size then the plastics. The ulek ones are a little bit larger. In my opinion the wow effect is better with them.

You're from Germany, where can i find those Ulek's?

#4156 4 years ago

Hey guys, need some maintenance help on my Pro. So my left orb enclosure post screw flew off during a game last night Didn't realize it until a metal bracket appeared next to the drop target. In pics on the web, I can't see where the metal bracket goes, and don't really see the plastic piece attached to the right post either. I found the screw under the playfield in the cabinet. Question is, how does this thing go back together, and where does this metal bracket go? The picture with the orb is from the internet, the other 2 are mine. Thanks.
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-PRO-playfield-detail1 (resized).jpgGuardians-of-the-Galaxy-PRO-playfield-detail1 (resized).jpgIMG_20190908_075841 (resized).jpgIMG_20190908_075841 (resized).jpgIMG_20190908_080553 (resized).jpgIMG_20190908_080553 (resized).jpg

#4157 4 years ago

This photo should show where the metal bracket goes. I’m guessing your clear plastic is an airball limiter maybe? Will the screen hole reach the left sleeve post if you swivel it around?

43C14BD0-327E-452E-8022-22BC5B7A318D (resized).jpeg43C14BD0-327E-452E-8022-22BC5B7A318D (resized).jpegF449AB78-A9E4-48EF-8283-397A980EF7F9 (resized).jpegF449AB78-A9E4-48EF-8283-397A980EF7F9 (resized).jpeg
#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Hey guys, need some maintenance help on my Pro. So my left orb enclosure post screw flew off during a game last night Didn't realize it until a metal bracket appeared next to the drop target. In pics on the web, I can't see where the metal bracket goes, and don't really see the plastic piece attached to the right post either. I found the screw under the playfield in the cabinet. Question is, how does this thing go back together, and where does this metal bracket go? The picture with the orb is from the internet, the other 2 are my mine. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get rid of both metal and small plastic protector - install this - much cleaner (& helps thin back left corner).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector-1
2304FEA8-BE8E-4F03-A583-7A1CBCDFFFB3 (resized).jpeg2304FEA8-BE8E-4F03-A583-7A1CBCDFFFB3 (resized).jpeg79948E97-2DA9-4502-8C57-899B01BC3B82 (resized).jpeg79948E97-2DA9-4502-8C57-899B01BC3B82 (resized).jpegB2624B95-916A-4FBC-B935-57E4A2F08CA6 (resized).jpegB2624B95-916A-4FBC-B935-57E4A2F08CA6 (resized).jpeg

B217B177-C291-4333-9E4B-3D81C13C24B3 (resized).jpegB217B177-C291-4333-9E4B-3D81C13C24B3 (resized).jpeg
#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

This photo should show where the metal bracket goes. I’m guessing your clear plastic is an airball limiter maybe? Will the screen hole reach the left sleeve post if you swivel it around?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes the apparent protector on the right post does attach to the left post just by swiveling it to the left. Thanks for showing me where the bracket goes. That is where I thought it went when I was looking at mine, but wasn't sure. Funny the pictures on the web I looked at don't have the bracket. Must have added it later in the run.

#4160 4 years ago

http://mezelmods.com/ Ordered a couple times from them. Prices very reasonable

Quoted from HarrieD:

Where did you order these? Here in Europe they seem to be impossible to find for a decent price.

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

http://mezelmods.com/ Ordered a couple times from them. Prices very reasonable

Yeah, but I guess you don't have to worry about shipping and customs because you live in the US judging your account info. Once ordered some stuff for a customer, ended up paying double due to shipping and customs.

#4162 4 years ago

Can someone from the Premium /Le users show me how the arms from Groot are mounted ? I have the arms on order and like to see how I can add them to my pro

Thanks in advance

Greetings

#4163 4 years ago

Does anyone have this topper. Curious how it looks in person lit up.

Screenshot_20190911-081957_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190911-081957_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4164 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with a clean left ramp shot wanting to moon walk all the way to the left outlane? If so, what solution worked? Seems like it is happening on my GOTG one out of ten times. Not often, but enough to be miffed at when it happens. I am a new owner, but the previous owner said he never encountered this issue. Thanks.

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Has anyone had an issue with a clean left ramp shot wanting to moon walk all the way to the left outlane? If so, what solution worked? Seems like it is happening on my GOTG one out of ten times. Not often, but enough to be miffed at when it happens. I am a new owner, but the previous owner said he never encountered this issue. Thanks.

What kind of sling rubber do you have installed? Some of them are thicker than others and can cause this but you should be able to make minor adjustments to the position of the end of the ramp to help resolve this.

#4166 4 years ago

Hey guys,

Does anyone ever have a problem with the right orbit having the ball seemingly hit something on it's way through and never making it all the way through? This is a recent problem for me and I can't for the life of me figure out what's happening. The ball will get about 3/4 of the way in, just to about where the first pop bumper is and then it's like it hits something. It rattles and goes off into the bumpers. It doesn't do it all the time, maybe 1 out of 10 shots or so, but it's enough to be annoying as it's a new problem.

The only thing that's "changed" is a week ago I took the glass off and cleaned and waxed it for the first time. But I was exceptionally careful all around and nothing looks out of place. I have noticed the balls are going really fast now that it's all waxed up, so could it be something to do with the speed and having not-perfect shots to the orbit just not making it through because of that? That seems like it would be odd but it's the only thing I know of that changed. It could also be, obviously, coincidence that it happened after I cleaned it but I really don't see anything that it could be catching on.

I've tried to catch it when it happens but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Thoughts?

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from Rake:

Hey guys,
Does anyone ever have a problem with the right orbit having the ball seemingly hit something on it's way through and never making it all the way through? This is a recent problem for me and I can't for the life of me figure out what's happening. The ball will get about 3/4 of the way in, just to about where the first pop bumper is and then it's like it hits something. It rattles and goes off into the bumpers. It doesn't do it all the time, maybe 1 out of 10 shots or so, but it's enough to be annoying as it's a new problem.
The only thing that's "changed" is a week ago I took the glass off and cleaned and waxed it for the first time. But I was exceptionally careful all around and nothing looks out of place. I have noticed the balls are going really fast now that it's all waxed up, so could it be something to do with the speed and having not-perfect shots to the orbit just not making it through because of that? That seems like it would be odd but it's the only thing I know of that changed. It could also be, obviously, coincidence that it happened after I cleaned it but I really don't see anything that it could be catching on.
I've tried to catch it when it happens but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Thoughts?

I have noticed the same thing, except mine doesn't drop in the bumpers but instead gets rejected back out about halfway in the orbit. It doesn't even make it to the bumpers. I would say this occurs about 50% of the time. Its a shame too, because the right orbit is the easier one to hit for drax.

I have cleaned and waxed mine once, nothing out of place and I am not sure why it started.

Maybe someone else will chime in because it has started becoming an issue.

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rake:

Hey guys,
Thoughts?

I just realized your issue may be different than mine. Inside that orbit by the bumpers are two gates. They do close so that the ball will drop into the bumpers. The only time that I know they are fully open is on Gamora and the sibling rivalry events. I believe the gate is down all the other times.

My issue seems to not even make it to the bumpers.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

I just realized your issue may be different than mine. Inside that orbit by the bumpers are two gates. They do close so that the ball will drop into the bumpers. The only time that I know they are fully open is on Gamora and the sibling rivalry events. I believe the gate is down all the other times.
My issue seems to not even make it to the bumpers.

Yeah no you're having the same problem as me. Most the time for me it'll come back down the orbit, and every once in a while the momentum will take it to the left into the bumpers (or even more rarely if the ball is really flying it will make it to the top lanes). So it won't make it to the trigger thing in the orbit to register Drax but will get deflected kind of in the gap between the bottom right most bumper.

Was just trying to give that description because best I can tell that's where the issue starts is around that bumper. This isn't where the orbit stops the ball by design to drop it into the top lanes.

#4170 4 years ago

Mine does this as well. If the shot is not clean the ball rattles around near the pop bumper. I was thinking the stainless guide was bent but doesn't appear to be.

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Mine does this as well. If the shot is not clean the ball rattles around near the pop bumper. I was thinking the stainless guide was bent but doesn't appear to be.

I thought this same thing as well but the metal looks good to me too.

It looks like at least us three are having this issues. I wonder if waxing that metal guide will help as well as the inside guide that is plastic so if it hits the orbit it won't bounce around. I think I am due for a waxing I may try this. I generally will only wax the playfield and clean things like the metal guide.

#4172 4 years ago

This has also happened to me since I stripped, cleaned and waxed mine too.
Can't see what is causing the issue, just assumed I wasn't hitting the shot clean enough.

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Can't see what is causing the issue, just assumed I wasn't hitting the shot clean enough.

I have the same issue, but have always chalked it up to not being a clean shot.

#4174 4 years ago
Quoted from Rake:

Hey guys,
Thoughts?

+1

#4175 4 years ago

Add Groot arms today

76AB6888-DB54-42A4-8935-5ADD9A30CA40 (resized).jpeg76AB6888-DB54-42A4-8935-5ADD9A30CA40 (resized).jpeg
#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

After my first waxing I have the same issue. The slippery surface must be allowing a not so clean shot to bounce around more than an unwaxed playfield

#4177 4 years ago

Uooooooolo!!!!!!

#4178 4 years ago
AA3006F7-6DED-401E-817B-7C44E25AFE53 (resized).jpegAA3006F7-6DED-401E-817B-7C44E25AFE53 (resized).jpeg
#4179 4 years ago

That's awesome. Do you mind me asking where you got it and if you happen to know how tall it is? I don't have a lot of space between the top of my machine and the ceiling but I love that topper.

#4180 4 years ago
Quoted from Rake:

That's awesome. Do you mind me asking where you got it and if you happen to know how tall it is? I don't have a lot of space between the top of my machine and the ceiling but I love that topper.

It’s actually a cosplay helmet I’ve converted to a topper. I purchased it on Etsy from Kirin Props. I can get you a height later when I’m at home.
Thanks glad you like it!

#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s actually a cosplay helmet I’ve converted to a topper. I purchased it on Etsy from Kirin Props. I can get you a height later when I’m at home.
Thanks glad you like it!

Came across it last weekend in a toystore where they sold it for 35 euro's. Left it because my cieling is to low for it to add it as a topper. Now I regret it.

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Came across it last weekend in a toystore where they sold it for 35 euro's. Left it because my cieling is to low for it to add it as a topper. Now I regret it.

The gentleman who made my star lord helmet lives in Russia. Really nice guy. Did a great job with it. It is sturdy and very real looking. The eyes have lights too. It cost me about 125 euro’s

#4183 4 years ago

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference!

Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.
jbl810 (resized).jpgjbl810 (resized).jpg

#4184 4 years ago

Hello, I'm thinking about installing a shaker on my GOTG Pro. Does any of you have one on theirs? What are your experiences?

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hello, I'm thinking about installing a shaker on my GOTG Pro. Does any of you have one on theirs? What are your experiences?

I have one. It is a good fit for the game. Intensifies the game play.

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I have one. It is a good fit for the game. Intensifies the game play.

Yeah, me too. Got the pinballife one. Easy to install, I didn't need to make any adjustment in the settings (although you can disable it) and it works great. A really good addition to the game.
Paid 135 euro's for it. Another supplier delivers the same shaker for 40 euro's more.

#4187 4 years ago

Love ours, pinball life is the cheapest around and works great!

#4188 4 years ago

I have one, really enjoy it.

However I did turn it down to minimal, I found the default setting shook the machine too much.

#4189 4 years ago

I was finally able to pick up a pro about a month ago. I knew I liked the game, but wasn't sure how it would stack up to some of my other favorite games. I figured it would be a solid game, but probably not sneak into my all time favorites. I was wrong. I swear the more I play it, the better it gets. Most games I fall in love with stay about the same, or lose a bit of luster after awhile. I don't think I have ever had one that I have fallen even more in love with after getting it home.

Sure, both the playfield and rules are strongly derivative of other machines, but they have been tweaked and polished beautifully and work together very, very well. It really is the best of Borg and the best of Lonnie combined to make a machine that is all its own. Add an amazing art package, great video assets, and an amazing theme, and this game is awesome. The audio package was decidedly "ok", but modding in the Cleland package puts it completely over the top. Just epic work there, and really ties it all together with a nice big bow.

It took a little tweaking to get my magnet to really throw the ball around to my liking, but that is all I had to do (and even that wasn't terrible out of the box). Definitely the least tweaking I have ever had to do to a machine, so far at least.

Had a fun game last night where the magnet tossed the ball right into Rocket, who blasted it off my right flipper, out of control, and out the outlane. I couldn't even be mad because it was so awesome. I love the chaos a well integrated magnet can bring...so much fun. Reminds me of some of the crazy stuff I've seen Magneto do on my X-Men.

It's still a bit early...and I might still be honeymooning...but this could actually be my favorite game of all time. Even though I bought it, I wasn't quite expecting to ever say that. It's that good.

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's that good.

agreed, i sold my metallica to replace it with GOTG and is it's better little brother. I only wish you could stack MBs on GOTG, but you can't have everything.

#4191 4 years ago

Sometimes when the ball ejects into the shooter lane, it rebounds off of the side rail and goes back into the mouth of the trough. I then have to nudge / shake the machine to get it back into the shooter lane.
I've turn the power of the eject coil as low as you can, but still get this happening from time to time.
Becomes a big issue if it happens during a MB.
Anyone know how I can fix this?

#4192 4 years ago

some foam on the opposite side.

#4193 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Modern Stern games reset. That's the new reality.
Not sure if it's due to a defective board design or if the failure rate of the new board components are just sky high.
I say this because there's countless posts here by countless members stating their modern Stern games reset.
Within a few posts some guy with 82 plays on his game will reply "my machine never resets" but this reset shit is rampant & all over this forum.
Maybe it is the power supplies?
Time will tell (hopefully)

My ghost busters which is less than a-year-old just started resetting with a new code update. it was Perfectly fine before I did the new code install last week now when you get deep into the game it resets. What do you think

#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

My ghost busters which is less than a-year-old just started resetting with a new code update. it was Perfectly fine before I did the new code install last week now when you get deep into the game it resets. What do you think

This is a Guardians thread and not GB, but I would suggest to redownload and reinstall the code update.

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

This is a Guardians thread and not GB, but I would suggest to redownload and reinstall the code update.

Thanks, that’s what I was planning on doing. Sorry for the intrusion. Was looking for someone who had reset issues with code updates. Thanks again

#4196 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Thanks, that’s what I was planning on doing. Sorry for the intrusion. Was looking for someone who had reset issues with code updates. Thanks again

You're not intruding, it's all good....you just may get a more applicable response in the GB thread

#4197 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

You're not intruding, it's all good....you just may get a more applicable response in the GB thread

Thanks friend

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

some foam on the opposite side.

Hi Neil

Where do I get the foam? What thickness and how to I attach it.
It already has a shooter lane protector, as per the photo.
Thanks

20191001_062010 (resized).jpg20191001_062010 (resized).jpg
#4199 4 years ago

hey all, last few weeks I have been running into reset issues with my game on location. Games get turned on about 11, league starts around 7:30, and it seems like on the first game it will reset then be good for the rest of the night. Just before it resets the video starts to flicker.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Sometimes when the ball ejects into the shooter lane, it rebounds off of the side rail and goes back into the mouth of the trough. I then have to nudge / shake the machine to get it back into the shooter lane.
I've turn the power of the eject coil as low as you can, but still get this happening from time to time.
Becomes a big issue if it happens during a MB.
Anyone know how I can fix this?

I haven't looked at the more recent Stern ball troughs but you may be able to slide the coil up or down the bracket to shorten / soften the plunge which should help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/84?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.