IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 171.
#4101 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My speakerlights Came in today, man they Look so great on this machine[quoted image][quoted image]

Who did you order those through? Looks awesome!

#4102 4 years ago

Doug sell them, nice guy. Plug&play

http://www.speakerlightkits.com

#4103 4 years ago

was trying to figure out how to light 'save xandar' wizard mb after you complete all the characters. It seems to go into a 'complete something like 16 lane rollovers?' before you can light it? is this right? thanks. of course i had 1 shot left if this is correct.

#4104 4 years ago

you also need to have completed groot and orb multiballs and been through immolation, when you have qualified save xander I think the scoop light turns purple pink and hitting the scoop shot starts xander

#4105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

you also need to have completed groot and orb multiballs

oooh. so probably need the super jackpot on both then? crazy. thanks!

#4106 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

oooh. so probably need the super jackpot on both then? crazy. thanks!

Yes, must have SJPs completed for both MBs for it to count towards Save Xandar.

#4107 4 years ago

I was just looking at the features matrix chart from Stern, and they list a "CPU mounted line out audio Jack for external amplification" on all models including Pro. Can someone explain to me where this is? And would it be suitable for providing signal to a powered subwoofer? I currently have an adapter from pinnovators on my machine, but if there's a built in Jack for it....

#4108 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I was just looking at the features matrix chart from Stern, and they list a "CPU mounted line out audio Jack for external amplification" on all models including Pro. Can someone explain to me where this is? And would it be suitable for providing signal to a powered subwoofer? I currently have an adapter from pinnovators on my machine, but if there's a built in Jack for it....

Okay. So you got me to wondering about this and I started looking. The short answer is there isn't one. Having said that, looking at the manual, it looks like CN5 can be used for audio out. On GOTG, it's a 6-pin connector with L and R out. Looking at the JP manual, it's a 7-pin connector with L, R and woofer out. What I find really interesting, is that the diagram in my backbox does not match the CPU (or the diagram in the manual) and shows what looks like a line out connector at CN3. I don't know enough to go experimenting with this stuff, so I think the Pinnovators connector is probably the best way to go. Did they change the design somewhere along the way and not update the features matrix? Hopefully someone else can shed more light on this. You really got me wondering now.

#4109 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. So you got me to wondering about this and I started looking. The short answer is there isn't one. Having said that, looking at the manual, it looks like CN5 can be used for audio out. On GOTG, it's a 6-pin connector with L and R out. Looking at the JP manual, it's a 7-pin connector with L, R and woofer out. What I find really interesting, is that the diagram in my backbox does not match the CPU (or the diagram in the manual) and shows what looks like a line out connector at CN3. I don't know enough to go experimenting with this stuff, so I think the Pinnovators connector is probably the best way to go. Did they change the design somewhere along the way and not update the features matrix? Hopefully someone else can shed more light on this. You really got me wondering now.

Lol, right?! It sure would be nice to have a 3.5mm output or Rca style output right on the board. My JP pro will arrive next week, and I'll look it over thoroughly. I also have a call in to pinnovators to pick their brain about it. They're calling me back this evening after hours.

#4110 4 years ago

Checking in to see if the following is/was a common problem and how to resolve it. I just upgraded to 1.06. Upon power cycle after code was installed, on new start up the screen just keeps flashing initializing/start up. Won't move past it. Thanks for any help.

#4111 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Checking in to see if the following is/was a common problem and how to resolve it. I just upgraded to 1.06. Upon power cycle after code was installed, on new start up the screen just keeps flashing initializing/start up. Won't move past it. Thanks for any help.

I’d redownload the update and try to reinstall it. Sounds like something got corrupted.

#4112 4 years ago

I'll try that now. Thank you. Any chance someone still has the previous version of code available for me to try if this does not correct my issue?

#4113 4 years ago

Just an FYI for anyone else who may encounter above issue, a redownload and install corrected my problems.

#4114 4 years ago
06BD4C8C-F2D4-4613-9B4C-A0926C97AEA7 (resized).jpeg06BD4C8C-F2D4-4613-9B4C-A0926C97AEA7 (resized).jpeg
#4115 4 years ago

Picked up mine after a long wait of 2 months and I am super stoked. Will post some pics en the next couple of days.

#4116 4 years ago

I’m looking at doing a spinner mod on my pro and was hoping someone with a premium could help me out. Would you mind sending/posting me a few pictures of the wires leading off the spinner switch to the node board and a picture of where it hooks into the connector on the node board?

Thanks

#4117 4 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I’m looking at doing a spinner mod on my pro and was hoping someone with a premium could help me out. Would you mind sending/posting me a few pictures of the wires leading off the spinner switch to the node board and a picture of where it hooks into the connector on the node board?
Thanks

Interesting, I wonder if the Pro code even has the switch inputs for it. Keep us posted.

#4118 4 years ago

theoretically this can be done but best tried by someone with coding and electronic skills! . I was thinking to utilize the coding you would need to get the premium code to work on a pro?

#4119 4 years ago

Joined today

#4120 4 years ago

Got one question. When the orb spits out the ball and the magnet energizes I notice that the right slingshot also is energized. Does anyone recognize this?

I tried the coil test and there this behaviour isn't noticed. Is it something that is software driven?

I use version 1.06 with the Cleland sound mod.

#4121 4 years ago
8FB52F20-00F3-4ABD-A8C5-795B43D96EC5 (resized).jpeg8FB52F20-00F3-4ABD-A8C5-795B43D96EC5 (resized).jpeg
#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Got one question. When the orb spits out the ball and the magnet energizes I notice that the right slingshot also is energized. Does anyone recognize this?
I tried the coil test and there this behaviour isn't noticed. Is it something that is software driven?
I use version 1.06 with the Cleland sound mod.

Have never seen this happen, if you bang on the playfield in game does the sling fire? My guess is one of the sling switches is gapped too tight and the drop target releasing causes it to fire.

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes color fits perfect

What is the color you used? Got a brand and name?

#4124 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Illusion blueberry from prismaticpowders

#4125 4 years ago

What a intensive Game, one shoot away from Save xander. Maybe next time..

I have to take a shower :LOL

BE09AEFF-1A4C-40EA-9856-EB84F08B9592 (resized).jpegBE09AEFF-1A4C-40EA-9856-EB84F08B9592 (resized).jpegC807C902-6A54-4C13-8D5A-476C3FC01FDA (resized).jpegC807C902-6A54-4C13-8D5A-476C3FC01FDA (resized).jpeg
#4126 4 years ago

I think I found a bug.

When groots mouth open and you start orb multiball it stays open. When you now shoot a ball in the mouth Groot keep that ball and you have to play the orb multiball with two balls. He didn’t give it back also when you lose the two balls.

Can anyone confirm ?

#4127 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I think I found a bug.
When groots mouth open and you start orb multiball it stays open. When you now shoot a ball in the mouth Groot keep that ball and you have to play the orb multiball with two balls. He didn’t give it back also when you lose the two balls.
Can anyone confirm ?

I’ve had this happen to me as well. Not always though.

#4128 4 years ago

Which makes it even more weird

#4129 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Exact same color here. Prismatic powders illusion blueberry

#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have never seen this happen, if you bang on the playfield in game does the sling fire? My guess is one of the sling switches is gapped too tight and the drop target releasing causes it to fire.

Okay thanks. It's good to know that this behaviour isn't normal so I can search some more.

#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I think I found a bug.
Can anyone confirm ?

Have never seen this happen, what version of code are you running? I'm still on 1.02.

#4132 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have never seen this happen, what version of code are you running? I'm still on 1.02.

#4133 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I think I found a bug.
Can anyone confirm ?

I would check your settings and groot operation , iirc when you start orb multiball groots mouth closes and stays closed until orb ends

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sling indeed is firing at random. But this issue occurs when the magnet energizes. It can be related of course but in my opinion it's not that obvious. Will remove the rubber tonight and check again.

#4135 4 years ago

Well, too tight sling switch was indeed the problem. Would never have thought that a magnet could cause this... As it turns out the ORB droptarget also resets and I guess that was triggering the slingshot.

#4136 4 years ago

I made it today to save xander, was not so impressed then I was from Immolation Initiative.

It was ended very fast to two balls and nothing to shoot for. Also no big points...

Did I miss something, or isn’t that wizard mode so special ?

#4137 4 years ago

always exciting to get there but I don't think I have ever gotten huge points from it, I usually forget all the scoring tips like playfield multipliers, combos etc to get really big points. the mode to me seems like groot or orb multiball revisited and not that memorable , I think there is some cool video stufff going on but I am not looking there. the easter egg call out when you hit the final scoop shot is fun.

#4138 4 years ago

Well, my personal high

90EB0523-396B-4FA7-AB26-749903A2D81E (resized).jpeg90EB0523-396B-4FA7-AB26-749903A2D81E (resized).jpeg
#4139 4 years ago

Did anyone install Groot arms in a pro. Saw that Marco has them available. Wonder if these where easy to install in a pro or if brackets needed.

#4140 4 years ago

Got all the “glowing” protectors installed!

I think they look amazing, would recommend to any one.

To any one who also did at least the Rocket protector - this piece seems to hit the shooter underneath it, forcing it to sit a bit uneven and ride a little high on the right side. Any one else experience this?

1CE63F52-4F4F-43C7-95C7-ED4BDBE6CF43 (resized).jpeg1CE63F52-4F4F-43C7-95C7-ED4BDBE6CF43 (resized).jpeg4D9A698A-4BE6-4769-BE01-E941A7E4F95E (resized).jpeg4D9A698A-4BE6-4769-BE01-E941A7E4F95E (resized).jpegD64F76F0-2817-4E2F-B55C-817AFD18D463 (resized).jpegD64F76F0-2817-4E2F-B55C-817AFD18D463 (resized).jpeg
#4141 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

To any one who also did at least the Rocket protector - this piece seems to hit the shooter underneath it, forcing it to sit a bit uneven and ride a little high on the right side. Any one else experience this?

I think the fluorescent plastic protectors are a must-have for this game. They look amazing.

I don't have that issue with the Rocket protector. I just had trouble getting it in and had to actually remove Rocket to do it. (Premium)

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I made it today to save xander, was not so impressed then I was from Immolation Initiative.
It was ended very fast to two balls and nothing to shoot for. Also no big points...
Did I miss something, or isn’t that wizard mode so special ?

Quoted from pinballjj:

always exciting to get there but I don't think I have ever gotten huge points from it, I usually forget all the scoring tips like playfield multipliers, combos etc to get really big points. the mode to me seems like groot or orb multiball revisited and not that memorable , I think there is some cool video stufff going on but I am not looking there. the easter egg call out when you hit the final scoop shot is fun.

I've only started Save Xandar once, but, as far as I could tell, the jackpots are relative to how well you did in each mode with a big jackpot at the scoop for collecting them all. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

What is the call out for the super jackpot? I must have missed it in my excitement at hitting it.

#4143 4 years ago

Wondering what I did wrong? We had to remove rocket also. The piece went under rocket, not sure what else I could have done. /ponder

Quoted from SKWilson:

I think the fluorescent plastic protectors are a must-have for this game. They look amazing.
I don't have that issue with the Rocket protector. I just had trouble getting it in and had to actually remove Rocket to do it. (Premium)

#4144 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I've only started Save Xandar once, but, as far as I could tell, the jackpots are relative to how well you did in each mode with a big jackpot at the scoop for collecting them all. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
What is the call out for the super jackpot? I must have missed it in my excitement at hitting it.

i think you only hear it if you finish save xander. pm me if you must know , otherwise listen for it when you hit the final shot!

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

To any one who also did at least the Rocket protector - this piece seems to hit the shooter underneath it, forcing it to sit a bit uneven and ride a little high on the right side. Any one else experience this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you order these? Here in Europe they seem to be impossible to find for a decent price.

#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Where did you order these? Here in Europe they seem to be impossible to find for a decent price.

I bought mine from The States and cost quite a bit, but there is a guy in the UK that will make any protector, you have to supply the original plastics if he hasn’t made them previously and he with then ship them back with the protectors.
https://www.colspinballmods.com/

Definitely worth dropping him a mail for a quote. Has a good reputation on the uk forum.

#4147 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did anyone install Groot arms in a pro. Saw that Marco has them available. Wonder if these where easy to install in a pro or if brackets needed.

Installed them on my pro. Super easy to do. I actually just redid the brackets that came with it. I didn’t like that the hands would wiggle and sometimes drop so low they would hit the ball. I replaced the Velcro with high power earth magnets. Installed the magnets on the plastic bracket and a piece of metal on the bottom of Groots hands. Now hold perfect

#4148 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Installed them on my pro. Super easy to do. I actually just redid the brackets that came with it. I didn’t like that the hands would wiggle and sometimes drop so low they would hit the ball. I replaced the Velcro with high power earth magnets. Installed the magnets on the plastic bracket and a piece of metal on the bottom of Groots hands. Now hold perfect

Maybe you have pictures ? Marco now only have the left arm in stock, any idea where to get the right one ?

Thanks

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I bought mine from The States and cost quite a bit, but there is a guy in the UK that will make any protector, you have to supply the original plastics if he hasn’t made them previously and he with then ship them back with the protectors.
https://www.colspinballmods.com/
Definitely worth dropping him a mail for a quote. Has a good reputation on the uk forum.

Thanks, I will contact him.

#4150 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Thanks, I will contact him.

Isn't that just Convolux in europe? Led4pin has these in the netherlands and Freddy in Germany.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,495 (Firm)
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/83?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.