IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 171.
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

What are cliffy protectors exactly? such a noob here

They're thin stainless metal guards that protect areas of the playfield. Usually scoop entrances, and ramps. There are a few different manufacturers, but Cliffys is kind of the go to for these things.

https://www.passionforpinball.com

#4052 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I think there is a "Stern Thin" size. I don't know if they hold up well. Seems some people in here hadn't had much luck with them from Titan. I just ordered some from Pinball Life and will try them out this weekend.

Thanks.
Let me know how they get on

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

They're thin stainless metal guards that protect areas of the playfield. Usually scoop entrances, and ramps. There are a few different manufacturers, but Cliffys is kind of the go to for these things.
https://www.passionforpinball.com

Thank you for the answer. I'll take a look. Also, what does every one use to clean/wax their Guardians with?

#4054 4 years ago

I use blitz one for all my playfields

#4055 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Actually, it's not that bad, you get used to it being unhinged. Just like the lockbar clamps, which work better in keeping the lockbar secured and much cheaper than any lockbar mechanism.

But are more failure-prone than any williams/bally lockdown bar. Tension from the latch will eventually loosen the screw holes of the screws holding the latches. We already have a few on route that aren't tight anymore and can't be tightened without a hole repair. The latches were done as a cost-reduction, not to give you an awesome new latching system. That doesn't happen with the much more durable B/W style lockdowns.

#4056 4 years ago

Hello friends, is someone using this replacement part for drop target orb of guardians of the galaxy? I am thinking of buying one but I would like to know if someone has tried it and it works well .... thanks

Screenshot_20190808-181405_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190808-181405_Chrome (resized).jpg
#4057 4 years ago

Gah just got my machine today and the left flipper stays depressed like it has no pop. When I press the button it stays up and slowly comes back down.. what a bummer!

This is NIB too.
1565314078736111032965609209105 (resized).jpg1565314078736111032965609209105 (resized).jpg

15653155069864409463313842311642 (resized).jpg15653155069864409463313842311642 (resized).jpg
#4058 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Gah just got my machine today and the left flipper stays depressed like it has no pop. When I press the button it stays up and slowly comes back down.. what a bummer!
This is NIB too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check to make sure all the coil stop and other mounting screws are tight, sounds like it's binding up since the return spring is obviously intact.

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

This is NIB too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the flipper gap as to make sure it isn't to tight.

#4060 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Check to make sure all the coil stop and other mounting screws are tight, sounds like it's binding up since the return spring is obviously intact.

Only thing I've noticed that isn't tight or out of place is this little thing. On the one that works it's more parallel with the main bracket. The one that isn't worked it's def twisted up.

I do not have the tools to even do most of this stuff so looks like I'm making a trip to Lowes.

15653216244663717751815282471928 (resized).jpg15653216244663717751815282471928 (resized).jpg20190808_223444 (resized).jpg20190808_223444 (resized).jpg
#4061 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Only thing I've noticed that isn't tight or out of place is this little thing. On the one that works it's more parallel with the main bracket. The one that isn't worked it's def twisted up.
I do not have the tools to even do most of this stuff so looks like I'm making a trip to Lowes.[quoted image][quoted image]

I take it this is your first game? No shame in that if it is as we all had to start somewhere and a NIB GOTG is a damn fine place to do so, sorry you have an issue though. It might help to post your location in case someone local would generously offer to stop by to help you and teach you a few things you'll eventually need anyway. If not see the picture below, the part you have circled is just the EOS actuator arm and it's hard to see in your picture but that's usually not going to be the problem unless somehow it broke during transport and is now binding up. The most common causes of what you describe would be either the coil stop or front coil mounting bracket being loose or out of alignment and therefore preventing the plunger from moving smoothly through the coil and sleeve. Flipper gap, or the space between the actual flipper and the playfield / bushing is another one, if it's too tight it will bind up but unless it came loose in transport I'd be surprised if that were the case as these are play-tested before they leave the factory. The picture I attached is for an older Data East mechanism but it's essentially the same with only a few minor differences.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4062 4 years ago

I agree with the other Pinsiders. It looks like the pawl is a little tight, squeezing the flipper post, binding it against the white plastic sleeve that mounts through the playfield. Try loosening it a bit and sliding it about 1mm or less in the direction of the yellow arrow. Just make sure you tighten it enough to align it into position on the topside before tightening all the way.
Flipper Bind (resized).jpgFlipper Bind (resized).jpg

#4063 4 years ago

@bobukat Looks like we posted help at the same time! I didn't hit refresh.

#4064 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

@bobukat Looks like we posted at the same time!

Yes, but you took the extra effort to mark up his photo, I was lazy and just pasted a diagram from Pinwiki so you win this one!

#4065 4 years ago

welcome to the world of pins! , good suggestions above! even a nib will need some tweaking now and then and a small selection of tools and supplies is a good idea, , including at set of 4 hollow shaft hex driver(1/4, 5/16 , ? 7/32 and 11/32? ) for the flipper pawl a 3/8 drive ratchet and a 6 mm or 8mm hex head is needed , a few small screw drivers maybe a soldering iron , some microfiber towels , novus one for cleaning and some blitx wax or similar and you have most of what you would need.

you might try moving the sticky flipper up and down manually with the glass off it may unbind it, as well see if you can slide a credit card underneath the flipper if no it needs to have to have the flipper/playfield gap increased by loosening the pawl nut as above,

this is likely an easy fix and you will be playing in no time!

#4066 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I take it this is your first game? No shame in that if it is as we all had to start somewhere and a NIB GOTG is a damn fine place to do so, sorry you have an issue though. It might help to post your location in case someone local would generously offer to stop by to help you and teach you a few things you'll eventually need anyway. If not see the picture below, the part you have circled is just the EOS actuator arm and it's hard to see in your picture but that's usually not going to be the problem unless somehow it broke during transport and is now binding up. The most common causes of what you describe would be either the coil stop or front coil mounting bracket being loose or out of alignment and therefore preventing the plunger from moving smoothly through the coil and sleeve. Flipper gap, or the space between the actual flipper and the playfield / bushing is another one, if it's too tight it will bind up but unless it came loose in transport I'd be surprised if that were the case as these are play-tested before they leave the factory. The picture I attached is for an older Data East mechanism but it's essentially the same with only a few minor differences.[quoted image]

Oh yes a big noob here and the plan was to eventually buy tools as needed, but I should of known better that I would have an issue right out of the gate. I know now what Coil Stop and Flipper Gap is though, lol.

I went ahead and got all the cleaning stuff I needed already so I missed the boat on specialty tools.

Watched a good video on needed tools so in order to check those things listed above I will need some nut drivers it looks like.

Thanks for all the replies and will let you know how those two things pan out once I get the tools.

Location is Omaha, NE in United States.

#4067 4 years ago

One of my flippers was actually touching the playfield just a hair. Adjusting it from underneath didn't help much. Then I realized they sell tiny nylon bushings that go between the bottom of the flipper and the playfield for this very problem. 1 bushing solved my issue

#4068 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

One of my flippers was actually touching the playfield just a hair. Adjusting it from underneath didn't help much. Then I realized they sell tiny nylon bushings that go between the bottom of the flipper and the playfield for this very problem. 1 bushing solved my issue

That’s weird- you shouldn’t need to add a bushing? The nylon flipper holder should give you clearance on the top side

#4069 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That’s weird- you shouldn’t need to add a bushing? The nylon flipper holder should give you clearance on the top side

I agree, it should. But it didn't when the flipper was at rest, it ever so slightly touched. I tried adjusting it multiple times with differing results. In the end, all it needed was that tiny extra nylon bushing. Not sure why.

#4070 4 years ago

So it was the piece I took a pic of initially. It was so tight it wasn't allowing the actually flipper to move. I loosened it up which I could of done the first night, but it was so tight I didn't think that was it. I had to take a lot of pieces off to even get the angle/torque needed to loosen. After a few tweaks I finally got it to stay in the same position! Wooo only took like 4 hours!

Thanks for all the help I'm sure I'll be back again, but hopefully not for awhile! Ha
20190808_223444 (resized).jpg20190808_223444 (resized).jpg

#4071 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So it was the piece I took a pic of initially. It was so tight it wasn't allowing the actually flipper to move. I loosened it up which I could of done the first night, but it was so tight I didn't think that was it. I had to take a lot of pieces off to even get the angle/torque needed to loosen. After a few tweaks I finally got it to stay in the same position! Wooo only took like 4 hours!
Thanks for all the help I'm sure I'll be back again, but hopefully not for awhile! Ha
[quoted image]

Put the cleland sound rom in that thing and play the hell out of it!!!

#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Put the cleland sound rom in that thing and play the hell out of it!!!

Oh yeah that was installed right away! Lolol

And me being brand new to pinball I picked one hell of one to start on this thing is brutally hard! Lol

Hopefully I get better, but I can barely break 180 million right now.

#4073 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Oh yeah that was installed right away! Lolol
And me being brand new to pinball I picked one hell of one to start on this thing is brutally hard! Lol
Hopefully I get better, but I can barely break 180 million right now.

It's really not that brutal IMO, many out there that are worse so stay with it. If you get too many left lane drains move the post but otherwise just keep working towards completing modes and getting to Cherry Bomb, big points are there for the taking!

#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's really not that brutal IMO, many out there that are worse so stay with it. If you get too many left lane drains move the post but otherwise just keep working towards completing modes and getting to Cherry Bomb, big points are there for the taking!

Yep I moved the post up already lol

Still trying to learn live catching cause I get a lot of bouncy balls that go across return lanes and have to take moving shots. Seems to happen on the left side a ton.

#4075 4 years ago

Hi all,

Im new in the club and i want to buy convolux but i dont know which color i need to choose.

Do you have picture with blue convolux ? I have found yellow and orange.

Thanks

#4076 4 years ago

Getting there. This game is fun as hell, especially with the cleland mod. I know score pales compared to many of you, I’m working on it. My son and I have a fun rivalry going at least lol
1C99A09E-CC29-43F7-AFB2-1C2910F8255B (resized).jpeg1C99A09E-CC29-43F7-AFB2-1C2910F8255B (resized).jpeg

#4077 4 years ago

What is so special on the cleland mod and where to get ?

#4078 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

More music and actual dialog from the movie versus the voice actors. Do a search on the forum and it’ll pop up with a thread on how to download and install. This mod is by far the best IMHO.

#4079 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Getting there. This game is fun as hell, especially with the cleland mod. I know score pales compared to many of you, I’m working on it. My son and I have a fun rivalry going at least lol
[quoted image]

Thats what it's all about man! Having fun. Scores are secondary. Unless of course you're competing for a cash prize.... then to hell with fun...

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

Completely changes the game in my opinion, be sure to follow the suggestion for setting the speech attenuation as well. Enjoy!

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod
Completely changes the game in my opinion, be sure to follow the suggestion for setting the speech attenuation as well. Enjoy!

Thank you! As i like the original songs, are they all replaced ? Or only the sounds ?

#4082 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thank you! As i like the original songs, are they all replaced ? Or only the sounds ?

I think they are all there but used in different places and many other songs, including some from the 2nd movie are added. The voice clips from the actual movie are added as well. If you follow the instructions and use a different SD card instead of writing over the other one you can switch back and forth between them very easily if you don't like it. I don't know that I've met anyone who prefers the original though.

#4083 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think they are all there but used in different places and many other songs, including some from the 2nd movie are added. The voice clips from the actual movie are added as well. If you follow the instructions and use a different SD card instead of writing over the other one you can switch back and forth between them very easily if you don't like it. I don't know that I've met anyone who prefers the original though.

i like to give it a try , but the downloadlinks in the other thread dont work

#4084 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i like to give it a try , but the downloadlinks in the other thread dont work

Did you try the ones in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/11#post-4744352

They appear to work for me.

#4085 4 years ago

No I tried 102 from the index, thank you !

#4086 4 years ago

Willl my Highscores stay on the original sd Card ?

#4087 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Willl my Highscores stay on the original sd Card ?

Yes they will stay on the original card, my son and I confirmed that the other day when we switched back to see how we liked the original card vs our cleland modded card. The original card lasted maybe two games before we declared it BORING compared to cleland.

#4088 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Yes they will stay on the original card, my son and I confirmed that the other day when we switched back to see how we liked the original card vs our cleland modded card. The original card lasted maybe two games before we declared it BORING compared to cleland.

That’s great, thanks !

#4089 4 years ago

Does anyone know if GoTG pro has a subwoofer output anywhere? Either 3.5mm or Rca style jacks?

#4090 4 years ago

It does not have a subwoofer output - but attaching a subwoofer is really easy if you use the Pinnovators subwoofer connector. It literally takes 5-10 minutes to connect. Just make sure you buy the appropriate SPIKE version (they also do one for the earlier SAM systems).

Just unplug the existing speaker connection from the board (this was the only part that made me nervous, because I didn't want to accidentally yank anything off, but if you just rock the connector as you pull, it'll disengage), plug Pinnovator adaptor into the board, and plug the existing speaker connection into the Pinnovator adaptor (i.e. you're essentially adding the Pinnovator adaptor in between the speaker connection and the board). You then plug the included 3.5mm subwoofer cable into the Pinnovator adaptor, and then guide it into the lower cabinet and out one of the vent holes. If you have RCA inputs on your subwoofer, there's an included 3.5 mm-to-RCA adaptor.

On the product description page on the Pinnovators site you can actually get a PDF of the instructions. They have photos to help you along.

#4091 4 years ago
Quoted from midhandicapper:

It does not have a subwoofer output - but attaching a subwoofer is really easy if you use the Pinnovators subwoofer connector. It literally takes 5-10 minutes to connect. Just make sure you buy the appropriate SPIKE version (they also do one for the earlier SAM systems).
Just unplug the existing speaker connection from the board (this was the only part that made me nervous, because I didn't want to accidentally yank anything off, but if you just rock the connector as you pull, it'll disengage), plug Pinnovator adaptor into the board, and plug the existing speaker connection into the Pinnovator adaptor (i.e. you're essentially adding the Pinnovator adaptor in between the speaker connection and the board). You then plug the included 3.5mm subwoofer cable into the Pinnovator adaptor, and then guide it into the lower cabinet and out one of the vent holes. If you have RCA inputs on your subwoofer, there's an included 3.5 mm-to-RCA adaptor.
On the product description page on the Pinnovators site you can actually get a PDF of the instructions. They have photos to help you along.

Thanks!

#4092 4 years ago

Game started crappy, but then...
20190819_221348 (resized).jpg20190819_221348 (resized).jpg20190819_221344 (resized).jpg20190819_221344 (resized).jpg

What a rush!

#4094 4 years ago

Really a delight to watch guardiansof the galaxy pinball working ....

#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from ezukax:

Really a delight to
watch guardiansof the galaxy pinball working ....

Thanks for your spam message. You have been reported.

#4096 4 years ago

Whats the best strategy to earn big points on Cherry bomb multiball ?

I got from 60-600 millions, but didnt know why i get sometimes the really big points..

#4097 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Whats the best strategy to earn big points on Cherry bomb multiball ?
I got from 60-600 millions, but didnt know why i get sometimes the really big points..

It's all about getting the Super JP lit and hit, which is tough with Groot's mouth openening and closing while the game constantly feeds you balls like crazy. Qualifying and using Hadron enforcers to get it lit can help a lot but can't be used to collect it.

#4098 4 years ago

My speakerlights Came in today, man they Look so great on this machine

2597A83E-6997-438E-B30B-D7C9D70780F0 (resized).jpeg2597A83E-6997-438E-B30B-D7C9D70780F0 (resized).jpegB17FB6EE-ECC7-4B37-BAE6-9C9D789C1CE9 (resized).jpegB17FB6EE-ECC7-4B37-BAE6-9C9D789C1CE9 (resized).jpeg
#4099 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My speakerlights Came in today, man they Look so great on this machine[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice powder coat job! I like the color. In fact.......lol...

20190307_180500 (resized).jpg20190307_180500 (resized).jpg20190320_214321 (resized).jpg20190320_214321 (resized).jpg
#4100 4 years ago

Yes color fits perfect

86053D73-110A-4CD7-B005-922B9E620E8E (resized).jpeg86053D73-110A-4CD7-B005-922B9E620E8E (resized).jpegB1911B2E-2F00-4680-82F8-030FEC6369F5 (resized).jpegB1911B2E-2F00-4680-82F8-030FEC6369F5 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/82?hl=cldgin2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.