IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 171.
#4001 4 years ago

Need to pass this flawless beauty onto the next collector. Questions just PM. In hunt for another LE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guardians-of-the-galaxy-le-2

4D59551E-7E53-4BB9-A108-068AED164960 (resized).jpeg4D59551E-7E53-4BB9-A108-068AED164960 (resized).jpeg
#4002 4 years ago

I'm looking to join this club by picking up a Pro (or a used Premium if I can get one for a good price). I wish I had the budget for cpr9999's LE. That machine is beautiful! Anyone else looking to sell their machine in the Midwest before I look to buy NIB?

#4003 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I'm looking to join this club by picking up a Pro (or a used Premium if I can get one for a good price). I wish I had the budget for cpr9999's LE. That machine is beautiful! Anyone else looking to sell their machine in the Midwest before I look to buy NIB?

What’s your budget for a pro? I may know of one and can ask

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What’s your budget for a pro? I may know of one and can ask

It will depend on what it includes and condition. I'm basically looking at a budget for a new Pro so anywhere in that price range.

#4005 4 years ago

Hole protector..!!!!
20190729_172208 (resized).jpg20190729_172208 (resized).jpg

#4006 4 years ago

Found this on eBay for $1!
Now I need to see if it fits in the game somewhere.

09486EE7-9E08-4378-9F4D-9E83BB9BC099 (resized).jpeg09486EE7-9E08-4378-9F4D-9E83BB9BC099 (resized).jpeg
#4007 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Thanks, it is a great machine.
Someone will be happy.

#4008 4 years ago

It's been about a year since some of the first post of magnet issues and shimming with washers were posted. Just checking to see if anyone noticed any playing field issues from doing over the year. mine is having the issue and want to do it but I don't want any long term playing field issues if I do.

#4010 4 years ago

Orb drop issues again - is there a definitive fix for it?

#4011 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Orb drop issues again - is there a definitive fix for it?

I did the 90 degree bend fix and have not had a problem since.

#4012 4 years ago

Official post:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is a very low play Guardians of Galaxy Limited Edition with a beautiful, real backglass. I am in the hunt for another LE machine so this one must go. If I had unlimit...”
2019-07-30
Saukville, WI
7,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 996 times
Contributed to Pinside

#4013 4 years ago

Finally got my GOTG Pro delivered! Its already been a blast. I want to thank every one in this thread for all the knowledge and advice they've been sharing. It was useful in my decision to purchase and sanity while waiting. Already been doing some mods such as Cleland sound mod and some action figure additions.

Here are some pic's of us setting it up... Quick question also. This is my first new pin. Is it normal to hear the fan inside to kick on and off every little bit? My only other pin is a 40 year old Bally Star Trek, no fans lol.

Thanks again!

IMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2011 (resized).jpegIMG_2011 (resized).jpegIMG_2013 (resized).jpegIMG_2013 (resized).jpegIMG_2015 (resized).jpegIMG_2015 (resized).jpegIMG_2021 (resized).jpegIMG_2021 (resized).jpeg
#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Finally got my GOTG Pro delivered! Its already been a blast. I want to thank every one in this thread for all the knowledge and advice they've been sharing. It was useful in my decision to purchase and sanity while waiting. Already been doing some mods such as Cleland sound mod and some action figure additions.
Here are some pic's of us setting it up... Quick question also. This is my first new pin. Is it normal to hear the fan inside to kick on and off every little bit? My only other pin is a 40 year old Bally Star Trek, no fans lol.
Thanks again![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, I hear the fan from time to time on all my new sterns

#4015 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Congrats, I hear the fan from time to time on all my new sterns

Thanks! I have to remind myself these are intended for much louder environments lol. I was thinking "never heard this at the local pinball joint".

Does any one know if the scoop protector is hard to install?

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thanks! I have to remind myself these are intended for much louder environments lol. I was thinking "never heard this at the local pinball joint".
Does any one know if the scoop protector is hard to install?

10 min, just a couple screws. It was pretty easy

#4017 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks for the reply! Seems like a must have

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thanks for the reply! Seems like a must have

No problem and i thinks it’s definitely a must have

#4019 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thanks again![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The fan is totally normal on spike systems. So normal in fact there's a "quiet fan" kit you can buy. But that seems silly to me.

#4020 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Is it normal to hear the fan inside to kick on and off every little bit?

Totally normal. I actually do change out the fan as I find it distracting. See this thread if you want the fan noise gone: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

hahah.

plus removing the ramp, and the plastics above the scoop.

#4022 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hahah.
plus removing the ramp, and the plastics above the scoop.

Why did you remove the ramp? All I did was take out some of the screws, the ramp supports and then the screws to the plastic pieces. It was maybe 4 or 5 screw then the ones for the scoop.

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Why did you remove the ramp? All I did was take out some of the screws, the ramp supports and then the screws to the plastic pieces. It was maybe 4 or 5 screw then the ones for the scoop.

this

#4024 4 years ago

I don’t understand “this”. You don’t have to remove the bracket support in the front

#4025 4 years ago

Gotta share this with the group. I was at a local pinball/arcade bar last night and a couple was playing Gotg next to me and my fiancee. They obviously didn't know any of the rules and were saying things like "what do I do, where should I hit it, why is that flashing?". So, my fiancee, being very outgoing and friendly gave them a few quick tips and said "I only know because we actually own this game". The guy instantly became an ass and was dead set on convincing me that Stern games were generally garbage and could sometimes be fun if they were working. He said the main problem with Stern is that they only make 200 of each title and then abandon the title and move on to the next. I asked, "do you mean 200 limited editions?" He says no, 200 total, that's why they never work right. At that point, we both finished our game and just walked away. Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Gotta share this with the group. I was at a local pinball/arcade bar last night and a couple was playing Gotg next to me and my fiancee. They obviously didn't know any of the rules and were saying things like "what do I do, where should I hit it, why is that flashing?". So, my fiancee, being very outgoing and friendly gave them a few quick tips and said "I only know because we actually own this game". The guy instantly became an ass and was dead set on convincing me that Stern games were generally garbage and could sometimes be fun if they were working. He said the main problem with Stern is that they only make 200 of each title and then abandon the title and move on to the next. I asked, "do you mean 200 limited editions?" He says no, 200 total, that's why they never work right. At that point, we both finished our game and just walked away. Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

You should have told him to head to the light because that would mean his head would be coming out of his arse

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

People are great. I know a lot of people who think they know a lot about everything...

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

People are great. I know a lot of people who think they know a lot about everything...

The only thing I know about Guardians right now...... is this beauty is still looking for a home (open to offers):

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is a very low play Guardians of Galaxy Limited Edition with a beautiful, real backglass. I am in the hunt for another LE machine so this one must go. If I had unlimit...”
2019-07-30
Saukville, WI
7,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 996 times
Contributed to Pinside

#4029 4 years ago

I'm officially a member of this club! Picked up my Pro today. Such a great game!

67540593_10213387242747793_9055594684239314944_n (resized).jpg67540593_10213387242747793_9055594684239314944_n (resized).jpg

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

I'm officially a member of this club! Picked up my Pro today. Such a great game!
[quoted image]

Congrats!!!!

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

[quoted image]

You will love it, and you will hate it!! Such a challenge.

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I don’t understand “this”. You don’t have to remove the bracket support in the front

This means I agree with you ,I don't recall taking of the ramp ,It was maybe a 10 -15 minute job to put the scoop protector on

#4033 4 years ago

Is there a guide for new owners? Lol I know for sure I wanna download the Cleland sound mods and from what I read above a scoop protector? Anything else? Is there a link to where I can buy that?

I have a brand new Premiun coming btw.

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Is there a guide for new owners? Lol I know for sure I wanna download the Cleland sound mods and from what I read above a scoop protector? Anything else? Is there a link to where I can buy that?
I have a brand new Premiun coming btw.

The premiums come with a scoop protector.

#4035 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The premiums come with a scoop protector.

OK I saw another post that said it might come with it. Do I need to get any other Cliffy protectors for it?

How about using Mylar anywhere?

Still trying to read everything I can about what I should do and it's still a little overwhelming right now.

#4036 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

OK I saw another post that said it might come with it. Do I need to get any other Cliffy protectors for it?
Still trying to read everything I can about what I should do and it's still a little overwhelming right now.

You can put some mylar in the shooter lane and on the edge of the outhole under the apron, other than that I can't think of anywhere else on this game that really needs it, especially for home use.

edit: get some plastic protectors, especially for the one under the orb shot as it breaks easily.

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You can put some mylar in the shooter lane and on the edge of the outhole under the apron, other than that I can't think of anywhere else on this game that really needs it, especially for home use.
edit: get some plastic protectors, especially for the one under the orb shot as it breaks easily.

I'm on Mezel Mods and I don't see one for the Orb shot. I just see Slingshots/Return Lanes, Rocket, Right Orbit and Pop Bumpers.

Do you feel like the Playfield Protector is excessive?

*edit: Found an Orb shot protector on Pinball Life.

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I'm on Mezel Mods and I don't see one for the Orb shot. I just see Slingshots/Return Lanes, Rocket, Right Orbit and Pop Bumpers.
Do you feel like the Playfield Protector is excessive?
*edit: Found an Orb shot protector on Pinball Life.

Since you're getting a premium, don't forget to order the plastic protectors for the premium/LE. Don't accidentally order for the pro as they will not fit.

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Since you're getting a premium, don't forget to order the plastic protectors for the premium/LE. Don't accidentally order for the pro as they will not fit.

This is what I have so far from Mezel Mods I was only able to choose Premium on 2 of the 4 protectors so hopefully that means it doesn't matter on the other two?

chrome_2019-08-05_10-50-15 (resized).pngchrome_2019-08-05_10-50-15 (resized).png
#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

This is what I have so far from Mezel Mods I was only able to choose Premium on 2 of the 4 protectors so hopefully that means it doesn't matter on the other two?[quoted image]

That right orbit protector in your cart will only work on a PRO, it will not work on an Prem/LE without serious modification to it. Don't ask me how I know......

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That right orbit protector in your cart will only work on a PRO, it will not work on an Prem/LE without serious modification to it. Don't ask me how I know......

Good to know sorry for your loss!

Here is the Orb Shot protector does anyone know if this will fit a Premium?

So is there not a Premium Right Orbit protector then?

Does that mean the Pop Bumpers will not fit then?

chrome_2019-08-05_11-01-32 (resized).pngchrome_2019-08-05_11-01-32 (resized).png
#4042 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

This is what I have so far from Mezel Mods I was only able to choose Premium on 2 of the 4 protectors so hopefully that means it doesn't matter on the other two?[quoted image]

The right orbit protector won't work on the premium because of the spinner/Groot arm. I didn't get the pop bumper plastics due to the RGB lighting. I didn't know how they would affect the colors. A note on the Rocket plastic protector: I had to remove Rocket to get it into place. Supposedly, you shouldn't have to, but it's the only way I could get it in. The plastic protectors look awesome on the game! I also put the Hexagonal Space flipper bat toppers on mine. They match the return lane plastics.

Also, the machine comes with a metal Orb plastic protector. I believe it was a service update. I suppose it could be replaced with a plastic one, if desired.

#4043 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The right orbit protector won't work on the premium because of the spinner/Groot arm. I didn't get the pop bumper plastics due to the RGB lighting. I didn't know how they would affect the colors. A note on the Rocket plastic protector: I had to remove Rocket to get it into place. Supposedly, you shouldn't have to, but it's the only way I could get it in. The plastic protectors look awesome on the game! I also put the Hexagonal Space flipper bat toppers on mine. They match the return lane plastics.

OK makes sense! Thanks for the responses really trying to protect this baby! lol

#4044 4 years ago

I would expect a playfield protector would be sufficient againt worst playfield dimpling. Some washers to protect the slingshot plastics, shooterlane protector is nice, cliffy on the mode hole. For the rest it will be fine, just enjoy it.

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

OK makes sense! Thanks for the responses really trying to protect this baby! lol

Best orbit protector!! Protects from and back left side (which typically breaks).
(Note, the protector below has protective film on it for shipping).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector-1
9E46D70B-2BDF-49E7-BC56-1F8D77B55F17 (resized).jpeg9E46D70B-2BDF-49E7-BC56-1F8D77B55F17 (resized).jpeg021E6E02-FAF2-47CF-9C24-5D4049F6B752 (resized).jpeg021E6E02-FAF2-47CF-9C24-5D4049F6B752 (resized).jpeg

#4046 4 years ago

Ordered a premium backglass for my pro. Any recommendations about the interactive backlight mods?

#4047 4 years ago

Can someone tell me which are the correct post sleeves for my GOTG Pro please.
I have ordered some standard 1 1/16 sleeves, but these are not correct.

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

[quoted image]

Congrats on joining the club!!

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Can someone tell me which are the correct post sleeves for my GOTG Pro please.
I have ordered some standard 1 1/16 sleeves, but these are not correct.

I think there is a "Stern Thin" size. I don't know if they hold up well. Seems some people in here hadn't had much luck with them from Titan. I just ordered some from Pinball Life and will try them out this weekend.

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

What are cliffy protectors exactly? such a noob here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/81?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.