IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 171.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

I managed to somehow get this lit today (I think in Mystery). Lost the game without draining out the left outlane.
does anyone know what happens when you hit special when lit?

This is a great question UnJed, hoping you will generate some interest or response. I looked back on at several posts I had regarding the Special, but alas I only heard crickets chirping in the distance. My insert continues to be lit during MBs, and with drains to the left outlane and never a Special awarded. The one and only time a Special was awarded was as a Mystery Award from the scoop- this was a much earlier code, The animation on the display was awesome with The Milano flying past. I even wrote to Stern on the subject, and as yet no response. Hoping someone has some insight into your question. Cheers

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Couldn't agree more. Nudging isn't cheating. If it were, you wouldn't get two warnings before a tilt. Not nudging is playing with a severe handicap. The loops on most games will put the ball somewhere on the respective sling, especially if it's a slow roller, and as you say, "who knows". A well timed tap/slap (you decide how much oomph it takes) on the same side usually will push the ball away from the rail and right onto the flipper. That's far from cheating. It's overcoming the games design to drain the ball. And it will eventually become second nature. You won't even think about it.
Put on a couple of Bowen's tutorials or some video from a high level tournament and have a family movie night. Be sure to point out to everyone how active the players' hands are.

with the silicone feet nudging doesnt do alot on my machine either

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

This is a great question UnJed, hoping you will generate some interest or response. I looked back on at several posts I had regarding the Special, but alas I only heard crickets chirping in the distance. My insert continues to be lit during MBs, and with drains to the left outlane and never a Special awarded. The one and only time a Special was awarded was as a Mystery Award from the scoop- this was a much earlier code, The animation on the display was awesome with The Milano flying past. I even wrote to Stern on the subject, and as yet no response. Hoping someone has some insight into your question. Cheers

i have seen it lit but never drained left while lit. id love to know also.

#3954 4 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

There is usually a setting to choose what gets awarded for a Special, Points, Credit and Extra Ball are usually the choices but I don't remember looking at it in GOTG specifically.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

I managed to somehow get this lit today (I think in Mystery). Lost the game without draining out the left outlane.
does anyone know what happens when you hit special when lit?

You get a fancy animation and by default it is an extra credit. You can change it to extra ball in settings if you like. I did this because in all the time I've owned the game I've only ever seen it lit 3 times.

#3956 4 years ago

Happy camper!
Now with a signed translite in my pro.

DSC_0316.JPGDSC_0316.JPGDSC_0317.JPGDSC_0317.JPG
#3957 4 years ago

Are there ramp decals available for the pro ?

Anyone did a powdercoat job on the trim and can show pictures ? (Also pro)

Thanks

Greetings

#3958 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone knows how the topper works. Does it have separate signals for each mode?

Reason I ask, is I've picked up a picture with five characters that has production cells from the film of each of them and I've got this CRAZY idea that I could build a five section light box to mount it onto so that as I select a mode, it lights up that cell from behind.

Will be much easier to just mount it on a traditional lightbox, tied into the Lutron lighting system so the whole thing lights up when I select 'Pinball' but seemed like it might be an interesting project if I can find the time and the feeds are available...

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Just wondering if anyone knows how the topper works. Does it have separate signals for each mode?
Reason I ask, is I've picked up a picture with five characters that has production cells from the film of each of them and I've got this CRAZY idea that I could build a five section light box to mount it onto so that as I select a mode, it lights up that cell from behind.
Will be much easier to just mount it on a traditional lightbox, tied into the Lutron lighting system so the whole thing lights up when I select 'Pinball' but seemed like it might be an interesting project if I can find the time and the feeds are available...

I’m not sure but I do hope to pick up the topper long with Deadpool from Stern. But I’d love to see this if you make it. Sounds awesome!

#3960 4 years ago

And I thought my previous high of 677m was pretty awesome. Holy crap! What a rush! What's your high?

20190714_195029 (resized).jpg20190714_195029 (resized).jpg
#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

And I thought my previous high of 677m was pretty awesome. Holy crap! What a rush! What's your high?[quoted image]

Any tips on optimizing CB? I can reach CB fairly regularly but 90% of the time I bust out with sub 100m scores. For the life of me I cannot hit the final groot shot.

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

Any tips on optimizing CB? I can reach CB fairly regularly but 90% of the time I bust out with sub 100m scores. For the life of me I cannot hit the final groot shot.

It's not easy to hit Groot for the super with the balls getting in the way. Most of the time I am under 100m. On this particular instance, I had Groot multiplied and started Rampage early. The super alone was worth almost 800m! Use Hadron Enforcer to knock out tough shots and get to the super early.

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

SJPs.....1.5B is my highest CB score. When the Groot super is ready, let balls drain if necessary to clear the shot. Making that shot is worth huge points. Who cares if have 5 other balls bouncing around scoring next to nothing in comparison. Besides, they come back. Hitting the SJP as soon as possible is really important if you want to get more than one. I hit two for the 1.5B.

Multipliers are great if you can bring them in, but that's really hard to plan. Points can get outrageous if you do though.

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are there ramp decals available for the pro ?
Anyone did a powdercoat job on the trim and can show pictures ? (Also pro)
Thanks
Greetings

Powder coat

20190320_214321 (resized).jpg20190320_214321 (resized).jpg20190307_180500 (resized).jpg20190307_180500 (resized).jpg20190307_211340 (resized).jpg20190307_211340 (resized).jpg20190320_214304 (resized).jpg20190320_214304 (resized).jpg20190320_214355 (resized).jpg20190320_214355 (resized).jpg
#3965 4 years ago

Sad - 1 year of ownership and I still can't get CB multiball with the glass on.

Tough as nails game

#3966 4 years ago

After finishing SX, the game basically restarts, and I noticed something I hadn't before. All of the shot multiplier lights are on and rotating. It looks like the Megaladon quest in DP or the Klingon MB final shot in ST. Shooting the rotating shot gave 250k and the rotating continued, but there has to be some other point to it. At that stage in the game, 250k per shot is nothing.

Does anyone know what the object of that is? I looked at the TiltForums rulesheet, and I didn't see anything about it in the SX section.

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Powder coat [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks beautiful, how is that powder called ?

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sad - 1 year of ownership and I still can't get CB multiball with the glass on.
Tough as nails game

One year ownership here . I've only.gotten it 3 times
It's a fast fun tough game. Still love playing it and
it's such a beautiful machine.

#3969 4 years ago

So last night I lifted the playfield for the first time to move the right outlane post down and noticed that the playfield is not on any hinge, it just sits on top of a rail with no safety slots and is easy to pull off.

Is this something that all new sterns do, I am really confused as this seems dangerous. There is no way to lock it in an up position or even keep it from sliding of the back of the rail like with my Bram Stokers Dracula and TMNT. Am I missing something?

Also that post is a pain in the butt to move down.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So last night I lifted the playfield for the first time to move the right outlane post down and noticed that the playfield is not on any hinge, it just sits on top of a rail with no safety slots and is easy to pull off.
Is this something that all new sterns do, I am really confused as this seems dangerous. There is no way to lock it in an up position or even keep it from sliding of the back of the rail like with my Bram Stokers Dracula and TMNT. Am I missing something?
Also that post is a pain in the butt to move down.

Welcome to Stern pinball machines......been like that for a long, long time!

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Welcome to Stern pinball machines......been like that for a long, long time!

Ugh, seriously. My other machines are almost 30 year old and work far better. This is crazy.

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Ugh, seriously. My other machines are almost 30 year old and work far better. This is crazy.

Actually, it's not that bad, you get used to it being unhinged. Just like the lockbar clamps, which work better in keeping the lockbar secured and much cheaper than any lockbar mechanism.

Now, do make sure that yours has the safety rails installed. Just the playfield support posts alone (which Stern did for a few years) was a PITA!!!

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Actually, it's not that bad, you get used to it being unhinged. Just like the lockbar clamps, which work better in keeping the lockbar secured and much cheaper than any lockbar mechanism.
Now, do make sure that yours has the safety rails installed. Just the playfield support posts alone (which Stern did for a few years) was a PITA!!!
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

Good Call on the safety rails, I may order some.

#3974 4 years ago

hi Guardians owners, a small ask :

i like/enjoy the PRO version without a doubt...
now, focusing on gameplay and gameplay only, what's the deal with the PREM/LE ? in this case seems there's absolutly nothing !?

tanx

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

now, focusing on gameplay and gameplay only, what's the deal with the PREM/LE ? in this case seems there's absolutly nothing !?
tanx

Spinner is added to both outside orbit shots. Besides that there is no gameplay difference. Everything else is purely cosmetic and visual.

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Spinner is added to both outside orbit shots. Besides that there is no gameplay difference. Everything else is purely cosmetic and visual.

Also three magnets instead of one. The ball can really do some crazy stuff with the three.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

This looks beautiful, how is that powder called ?

The color is called " Illusion Blueberry ". It has a nice metallic flake in it that caught my eye.

#3978 4 years ago

So I just inboxed my Pro and bought a scoop protector from pinball life and am wondering where the plastic part goes??? The metal protector is self explanatory but without starting to tear into it, I’m not sure where the plastic part goes. Pics or explanation would be great!
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

EDIT!!!
I drunken ordered an orb protector too!! Now I know what it is! My bad. But do I need it since mine had the metal strip? Figured I needed a real question after my original stupid one

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:hi Guardians owners, a small ask :
tanx

As far as gameplay, 2 extra magnets and spinners, that’s it. Closest pro to premium as far as gameplay IMO. Get a pro and enjoy. But if you want a prem/le still can’t go wrong and even if you hate the Groot arms like I do, you can always remove them.

#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from Awalls:

So I just inboxed my Pro and bought a scoop protector from pinball life and am wondering where the plastic part goes??? The metal protector is self explanatory but without starting to tear into it, I’m not sure where the plastic part goes. Pics or explanation would be great!
[quoted image]
EDIT!!!
I drunken ordered an orb protector too!! Now I know what it is! My bad. But do I need it since mine had the metal strip? Figured I needed a real question after my original stupid one[quoted image]

I had both of those - and created something that replaced both of these items AND protects the back left side of orb part which breaks.

Sale link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector-1#post-5097942
3939BFB0-6F84-4C9D-8300-898E2D99137B (resized).jpeg3939BFB0-6F84-4C9D-8300-898E2D99137B (resized).jpeg03DB3BCB-7F13-4270-B0DA-242F1AAC5918 (resized).jpeg03DB3BCB-7F13-4270-B0DA-242F1AAC5918 (resized).jpegAA202174-36A0-474C-9435-193934401FCF (resized).jpegAA202174-36A0-474C-9435-193934401FCF (resized).jpeg

#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The color is called " Illusion Blueberry ". It has a nice metallic flake in it that caught my eye.

Thank you !

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx

and tanx for your answer guys

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

After finishing SX, the game basically restarts, and I noticed something I hadn't before. All of the shot multiplier lights are on and rotating. It looks like the Megaladon quest in DP or the Klingon MB final shot in ST. Shooting the rotating shot gave 250k and the rotating continued, but there has to be some other point to it. At that stage in the game, 250k per shot is nothing.
Does anyone know what the object of that is? I looked at the TiltForums rulesheet, and I didn't see anything about it in the SX section.

I am not sure a lot of code tuning went into after save Xander is completed,,along with the strobing roving multiplier there is some weirdness with starting modes and the amount of time for modes,,maybe to be fixed in a future mode update?

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

SJPs.....1.5B is my highest CB score. When the Groot super is ready, let balls drain if necessary to clear the shot. Making that shot is worth huge points. Who cares if have 5 other balls bouncing around scoring next to nothing in comparison. Besides, they come back. Hitting the SJP as soon as possible is really important if you want to get more than one. I hit two for the 1.5B.
Multipliers are great if you can bring them in, but that's really hard to plan. Points can get outrageous if you do though.

Never thought to go for two!Used a bunch of hadron and got 2 sjp the other night ended up with a 920 mil CB

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

And I thought my previous high of 677m was pretty awesome. Holy crap! What a rush! What's your high?[quoted image]

Did you use the canvas set and the sound controller for the speakerlights.

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did you use the canvas set and the sound controller for the speakerlights.

I don't think the canvas is necessary. I didn't get the sound controller. I found a pattern I liked and have stuck with it.

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I don't think the canvas is necessary. I didn't get the sound controller. I found a pattern I liked and have stuck with it.

Ok, thank you !

#3988 4 years ago

Has anyone adjusted their coils after setting their game up? Granted I only have like 10 games on it but dang everything is super strong! Rocket kickback is going to break something, the slings send the ball flying and Groot is throwing bombs back at me! Is this normal of a NIB game? This is my first NIB. I’m thinking it might settle down but wondering if I should adjust the coils, any thoughts?

#3989 4 years ago

no adjustment for rocket kickback that I know of , just hit it and hope for the best! . I think you can adjust the kickout from groot, the slings and the right scoop.
check you settings sounds like yours might be cranked up

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from Awalls:

" Is this normal of a NIB game? This is my first NIB."

I know that feeling.
I adjust the scoop and sling to see if i like stronger or weaker. I have not touched Rocket yet. I like how quick that is.

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I know that feeling.
I adjust the scoop and sling to see if i like stronger or weaker. I have not touched Rocket yet. I like how quick that is.

Where is the adjustment in the service menu? Mind you I have not looked yet, just writing this from work.

EDIT: NM found them

#3992 4 years ago

Join the club, picked it up yesterday. Great playing game. Lot of fun

8733FB1A-5B77-4851-90F1-E2D2FDAD5F62 (resized).jpeg8733FB1A-5B77-4851-90F1-E2D2FDAD5F62 (resized).jpeg
#3993 4 years ago

Did I have to complete orb and Groot multiball to get Immolation Initiative wizard mode ?

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did I have to complete orb and Groot multiball to get Immolation Initiative wizard mode ?

No, you just need to have started both. You have to complete both and all modes to get to Save Xandar.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No, you just need to have started both. You have to complete both and all modes to get to Save Xandar.

Curious, I had all modes lighted only one not totally completed and also Groot multiball. But couldn’t start immolation initiative

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Curious, I had all modes lighted only one not totally completed and also Groot multiball. But couldn’t start immolation initiative

You have to have all modes "qualified" for immolation to light up. Qualified means half finished (they will be flashing on the playfield). You also get an animation when you qualify the mode but sometimes it is very delayed because of other stuff going on.

Both standard multiballs qualify as soon as you start them.

Once you do that the scoop will light up and glow sort of a light yellow, that is immolation.

#3997 4 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

You have to have all modes "qualified" for immolation to light up. Qualified means half finished (they will be flashing on the playfield). You also get an animation when you qualify the mode but sometimes it is very delayed because of other stuff going on.
Both standard multiballs qualify as soon as you start them.
Once you do that the scoop will light up and glow sort of a light yellow, that is immolation.

I know and I had that, the only think that could be, is that the timer wasn’t finish when the last ball starts. Will check it next time.

Thanks

#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I know and I had that, the only think that could be, is that the timer wasn’t finish when the last ball starts. Will check it next time.
Thanks

Ah yes, you cannot currently be in a mode for it to light. If you qualify your last mode you need to time it out or finish it.

#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

Ah yes, you cannot currently be in a mode for it to light. If you qualify your last mode you need to time it out or finish it.

Yes this time it works, what a great game !

Are the wizard modes open end or is there a goal to finish ?

#4000 4 years ago

Hello, my first post so if my verbiage is off please forgive me. Im having an issue on my Drax orbit where the ball is hitting a obstacle before entering the poppers. I’ve inspected the area and the ball moves freely when I mess with it with the glass off. It’s almost like it hits a wall and shoots back down regularly. Thought maybe the launch ramp was causing it but I don’t think so.

Additionally the outer drains seem to take the ball frequently and unfairly. Seems like many good shots are rewarded with the magnet spinning the ball down the drain. Has anyone moved the posts to the tighter position? And did it help?

84311E79-210E-4BF4-ABAC-6D380FE15D48 (resized).jpeg84311E79-210E-4BF4-ABAC-6D380FE15D48 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
$ 28.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 25.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/80?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.