IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 171.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I noticed Stern did a metal protector for plastic but they fell short by a 1/2". They need to do it at an angle like your description. I did a little MacGyvering this morning with some coat hanger wire. Tried thicker gauge at first but it was too thick, so went down to lighter gauge. I placed beneath the plastic to protect it, so far so good.

Good to know my early suggestion directly to Stern support was implemented. It saves plastics warranty issues.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

last nights code .73 was a huge step in the right direction. More so than expected.

I agree this game is really coming together. With every new code download it feels like a whole new game.

This game is a blast!

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Thanks, so you would gauge it as being fairly comparable to an un-modified (e.g., no centerpost) GB. That's good news.

Yep. And Iron Man. So far.

#354 6 years ago

I am thinking the right scoop might be the same dimension as Metallica Mystery scoop. I have a cliffy on mine, can someone measure or compare, I want to order one but want to make sure first before I order.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am thinking the right scoop might be the same dimension as Metallica Mystery scoop. I have a cliffy on mine, can someone measure or compare, I want to order one but want to make sure first before I order.

it might be the same size but i doubt the met protector will work due to how shallow the scoop is. Its much like lock scoop on star trek in depths of shallowness.

#356 6 years ago

I just measured and it looks like 11/2"x11/4"

I think they may work, looking at the one's on Marco's they look just shallow enough.-Out of stock

Pinball Life's Star Trek might work as well http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3327

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

That's where I got my SW Pro from. Evan and company are great guys. I'm happy to bring them repeat business in the future.

Yes glad to hear you all had good experiences with them! Love how the owner is hands on and accessible and knows his stuff! Hard to find in the LA area!

#358 6 years ago

@ oldgoat - post #350 in regards to cradle shots - I'm with you, even more so - I hardly ever cradle. Bang and shoot guy. Maybe that's why I don't have so many big games, but I have a lot of fun. Especially when I do run off a huge game.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had an extra Metallica scoop around and it's not wide enough by a lot. I sent Cliffy a message asking if he was making them but I haven't gotten a response yet.

#360 6 years ago

I was able to put over 25 plays on this pin that had out of the box code on it . I had a blast with it. Game is solid.

Yes, the code will need work, but I was very impressed with this pro .

LE ordered for me!! Looks like next week it could be shipping form Stern.

Thank you www.pinballs.com

IMG_0862.JPGIMG_0862.JPG

#361 6 years ago

Ran into some updates issues. Formatted my usb stick to fat32, downloaded and unzipped the 2 gotg .73 files to the root directory.
Insert usb, first tried quick update, no verify. It tartes updating, then halfway through-ish (2.743 installed)it says Game Code Update: Unpack failed.

Tried it again with full update, and verify, same shit. And, when removing the usb and rebooting, it just jumps to the game code update screen, has it erased the old code and is now stuck in limbo land?

Any tips why it should fail to unpack?

Cheers,
Morten

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Ran into some updates issues. Formatted my usb stick to fat32, downloaded and unzipped the 2 gotg .73 files to the root directory.
Insert usb, first tried quick update, no verify. It tartes updating, then halfway through-ish (2.743 installed)it says Game Code Update: Unpack failed.
Tried it again with full update, and verify, same shit. And, when removing the usb and rebooting, it just jumps to the game code update screen, has it erased the old code and is now stuck in limbo land?
Any tips why it should fail to unpack?
Cheers,
Morten

i had this same problem on my star wars with one of my sticks, it took formatting the drive and reloading the files on to it a few times before it finally worked. And samething happene to me, failed mid update which then basiclly cause it to have no code until i got it work. Do full update with no verify, try the other usb port on the board also.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I had an extra Metallica scoop around and it's not wide enough by a lot. I sent Cliffy a message asking if he was making them but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I was in contact with Cliffy last week. Nothing for GOTG... yet. He is a busy man keeping us all protected!

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I was in contact with Cliffy last week. Nothing for GOTG... yet. He is a busy man keeping us all protected!

Should have been put on by Stern like Aerosmith.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Should have been put on by Stern like Aerosmith.

Agree. Not sure what Stern are thinking there. We put Cliffys on all our new machines before we plunge a ball.

#366 6 years ago

Do you need to wash the balls new outta bag? I notice a lot of ball line after my first few games, maybe it buffs off with novus. I’m sure it’s pretty normal this is my first nib pin, really enjoying it so far gonna upgrade to .73 tonight.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Do you need to wash the balls new outta bag? I notice a lot of ball line after my first few games, maybe it buffs off with novus.

I never use the Stern balls; premium balls are fairly inexpensive http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5 and look a lot better

These will have oil on them so it needs to be wiped off, I usually wax them as well

#368 6 years ago

Good to know I’ll wipe em down and see if it helps while I update , thanks.

#369 6 years ago

Just got an update and looks like LE's may start shipping this Friday............ /fingerscrossed

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Furious:

- added additional Rocket Speech.

Hopefully something like:

Rocket: "Groot! stop eating those pinballs! That's disgusting!"

Groot: " I am Groot?!"

Rocket: " Yes you were! Why you lying?"

Groot spits up balls for mulitball start.

#371 6 years ago

Played it today and its a nice playing challenging pin, almost too colorful for me but overall looks good. I think once code comes around it will be a winner for sure.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Played it today and its a nice playing challenging pin, almost too colorful for me but overall looks good. I think once code comes around it will be a winner for sure.

I agree!

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'd like to agree but with the current staff assigned to coding this title is it going to "come around?"

#374 6 years ago

Put in a good 15 games or so , super challenging, so fast... the new code is an improvement as I was orig playing .66 , the shots are tight and I am still getting used to all the different shots and game modes. I know some people were complaining about the left ramp being tough but I have more trouble with the right.

All in all happy with the pro pin; played about fifteen different titles before I picked it up from my distributor and the only other pin I fell in love with was the medieval madness remake, man the pin is super smooth and is really fun but I couldn’t justify dropping another 3500$ on top of this pro price for it.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'd like to agree but with the current staff assigned to coding this title is it going to "come around?"

that depends on individual expectation really, I'm out simply due to the look and call out situation but its a pin I will enjoy to play on site.

#376 6 years ago

Anyone else have ghosting in the high score player number 3 display ? V.73

IMG_5352 (resized).JPGIMG_5352 (resized).JPG

#377 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone has stated, but you cannot stack MB's....bummer because I love a good stack.

#378 6 years ago

Is anyone selling prem/le sling and outlane colored plastics alone yet? I ordered all the others and can only find these sold as a set with other plastics.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Doubtful, unless they start over. I'm just not a fan of a music pins code on this. I hate the start modes at the start. I'd love it if modes were shots based.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I updated yesterday and don’t remember seeing that.ill double check tonight.

#381 6 years ago

I updated and got an increase Spinner points award.

Not impressed with that which may confirm spinners were supposed to be on the pro and removed, but if it's coded, maybe we can add one.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I updated and got an increase Spinner points award.
Not impressed with that which may confirm spinners were supposed to be on the pro and removed, but if it's coded, maybe we can add one.

Was thinking the same thing

#383 6 years ago

Looks like Tuesday is my pickup day for my LE... Gonna be a looooong 4 day wait...

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Looks like Tuesday is my pickup day for my LE... Gonna be a looooong 4 day wait...

Congrats! Please post unboxing pictures

#385 6 years ago

Anyone else get the ball ever stuck on the top left nova corpse entry? Since .73 I’m finding balls stuck there every so often.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Congrats! Please post unboxing pictures

Def will take plenty of pics, May try and stream on Twitch as seems everyone enjoyed that...

Can't wait to get #23 in the house!!!

#387 6 years ago

When my machine auto launches the ball, it has a tendency to fly into the backboard? Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

When my machine auto launches the ball, it has a tendency to fly into the backboard? Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Mine doesn’t hit the backboard but it’s super hard , the rocket and orb are also supercharged lol

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

mine hasnt been, but i noticed last night playing on the new code that it was doing it was launching it into the back panel a lot more then before, not sure if they bumped the power up in the code update.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Mine does that some of the time. Some of the time it hits the backside of the control gate. STERN needs to put an option in to turn down that coil power pronto.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes my game appears the same on the #3 score on all 3 codes

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

This has also happened to me on occasion. In general even with the coils set to "Soft" in settings I'm getting crazy coil powers.
I have SuperBands on all my other games with no problems. I had to remove them off GOTG and go back to regular rubber for the flippers as I was just launching airballs from the flippers most of the time.

#393 6 years ago

Is anyone else having issues with the music/sound not playing? I was in the middle of a ball and the music just stopped, and all that was left was SFX.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This has also happened to me on occasion. In general even with the coils set to "Soft" in settings I'm getting crazy coil powers.
I have SuperBands on all my other games with no problems. I had to remove them off GOTG and go back to regular rubber for the flippers as I was just launching airballs from the flippers most of the time.

Use Titan Rubbers

#395 6 years ago

I’ll try to set down my coils to soft tonight, the power on a few of them is crazy fast! My W score doesn’t have any of that ghosting I checked last night.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

I’ll try to set down my coils to soft tonight, the power on a few of them is crazy fast! My W score doesn’t have any of that ghosting I checked last night.

The coil settings are very very very minor differences. Even between hard and soft, it’s almost an indistinguishable difference.

#397 6 years ago

The path from Pro to Promium continues...

Added ramp lighting, colored posts, and Pin Stadium lights

ABB718D0-8F46-4D4D-994D-D30B1BA72D61 (resized).jpegABB718D0-8F46-4D4D-994D-D30B1BA72D61 (resized).jpeg

C2DA4CE7-79D3-4A6E-93A7-67C4E6F297BC (resized).jpegC2DA4CE7-79D3-4A6E-93A7-67C4E6F297BC (resized).jpeg

76C624FE-AA5E-49A6-82BA-9C607420E35A (resized).jpeg76C624FE-AA5E-49A6-82BA-9C607420E35A (resized).jpeg

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The coil settings are very very very minor differences. Even between hard and soft, it’s almost an indistinguishable difference.

I noticed this on my game too, that I couldn't notice any difference!

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I noticed this on my game too, that I couldn't notice any difference!

I’ve messsd with that setting on every Stern I’ve been able to get my hands on and don’t see any real difference.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Raise the rubbers a little higher on the faces of the bats. If the rubber is above the ball it does not hit up on the ball just like a bat hitting a ball in baseball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.