IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 171.
#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

That is the modified, improved, drop target mech, Manny.
I'm having trouble finding one myself.

that is not a new modified mech, the picture on marco is of the older drop target mech used in some older machine ST I believe, , it likely will not fit under the GOT playfield .

THe new " upgraded " mech stern has sent to some owners under warranty looks exactly like the original mechanism to my eye , there are pics of it in this thread a few pages back

#3852 4 years ago

Recently joined the club and picked up the scoop sign mod from @hd60609. Comes with well written instructions and everything you need for install. Looks great!

0341E8AE-ED99-4734-B9B0-1B44B658568E (resized).jpeg0341E8AE-ED99-4734-B9B0-1B44B658568E (resized).jpeg
#3853 4 years ago

Love scorecards - Wish I could alter the PSDs to make them slightly more legible. Yellow text is impossible to read without drop shadow or contrast.

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Love scorecards - Wish I could alter the PSDs to make them slightly more legible. Yellow text is impossible to read without drop shadow or contrast.

Ghosting the backgrounds 20% would help with legibility, too.

#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

TechnicalSteam Sure thing, which one looks best?
GOTG Instruction Card Color Samples.jpgGOTG Instruction Card Color Samples.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

See post 3879 for updated and corrected cards.

#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghosting the backgrounds 20% would help with legibility, too.

PinMonk I can try that as well:
GOTG Instruction Card - 80percent.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - 80percent.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

#3857 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

esa no es una nueva máquina modificada, la imagen en marco es de la antigua máquina de destino de caída utilizada en una máquina más antigua ST creo, es probable que no encaja debajo del tablero GOT.
La nueva popa "mejorada" que se ha enviado a algunos propietarios con garantía se parece exactamente al mecanismo original, a mi modo de ver, hay algunas fotos en este hilo unas páginas atrás.

How can I buy one? I need a replacement for this mechanism but I do not know how.I am the second owner, I can not contact the distributor ...

#3858 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

vireland I can try that as well:
[quoted image]

Red/Yellow looks okay, but with or without ghosting it needs a drop shadow or outline for legibility on the letters.

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Red/Yellow looks okay, but with or without ghosting it needs a drop shadow or outline for legibility on the letters.

Agreed, I’ll play with applying drop shadow on the text parts. Got League Tuesday night, so it will probably be Wednesday evening before I get a chance.

#3860 4 years ago

I wrote an email to stern to buy a replacement of the drop target orb mechanism, they answered me quickly and they told me to write to a US distributor to buy the replacement, I'm from Spain and I do not know any distributor from the United States. What can I do? Thank you

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I wrote an email to stern to buy a replacement of the drop target orb mechanism, they answered me quickly and they told me to write to a US distributor to buy the replacement, I'm from Spain and I do not know any distributor from the United States. What can I do? Thank you

Marco and Cointaker are both US distributors among many others that offer internet sales, contact them via email. Pinball Heaven in the UK may be able to help as well.

#3862 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Marco y Cointaker son distribuidores estadounidenses, entre muchos otros que ofrecen ventas por Internet, contáctelos por correo electrónico. Pinball Heaven en el Reino Unido también puede ayudar.

Okkkkk very very thanks

#3863 4 years ago

Bottom Left looks better. Red Type also seems to be an issue - Blue type - with yellow would be a winner. I'd print one out and put it on my Premium if you want to see final results!

#3864 4 years ago

I've decided to keep my GOTG Premium. Wife and kids trumped my Tron Trade and now I'm digging it a bit.

#3865 4 years ago

a dealer in europe will have a spare part of the mechanism for sale but it's different, I'm going to buy one but I wanted to ask if someone has it on the machine and if it works well

500-1083-01-L6 (resized).jpg500-1083-01-L6 (resized).jpg
#3866 4 years ago

Alright, did the instructions cards over with dark shadows, once in Yellow/Red, once in Blue Red.....like the way the yellow/red now pops and is easier to read:

GOTG Instruction Card - Blue:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Blue:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpg Added over 5 years ago:

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

a dealer in europe will have a spare part of the mechanism for sale but it's different, I'm going to buy one but I wanted to ask if someone has it on the machine and if it works well[quoted image]

This is the new version so it should be better. Waiting to hear back from my distro.

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Alright, did the instructions cards over with dark shadows, once in Yellow/Red, once in Blue Red.....like the way the yellow/red now pops and is easier to read:[quoted image][quoted image]

both look really good ! thanks for doing this, my only tweak suggestion is to try a darker blue more of the shade on the playfield or cabinet not sure if it would be harder to read though

I like the prev multicolor one as well maybe with the shadows?

#3869 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

both look really good ! thanks for doing this, my only tweak suggestion is to try a darker blue more of the shade on the playfield or cabinet not sure if it would be harder to read though
I like the prev multicolor one as well maybe with the shadows?

Sure thing! Tried a darker blue, it was very hard to read.

I'll play around with the multicolor hopefully this evening.....

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

How can I buy one? I need a replacement for this mechanism but I do not know how.I am the second owner, I can not contact the distributor ...

I checked and Pinball life has verified that this redesigned single drop target assembly 500-1083-01-L6 is available from Stern currently and they can special order it to ship in less than a week. Cost is $185.50 plus shipping ($14 less than marco, who are OOS anyway). Contact [email protected] and he'll order it for you.

#3871 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Alright, did the instructions cards over with dark shadows, once in Yellow/Red, once in Blue Red.....like the way the yellow/red now pops and is easier to read:[quoted image][quoted image]

These are really nice, thanks! I printed the instructions card using "original size from DPI" settings and it is about 3/16" too short compared to a regular card. I think it could use a bit more border as well and the red is harder to read in print than on the screen.

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

These are really nice, thanks! I printed the instructions card using "original size from DPI" settings and it is about 3/16" too short compared to a regular card. I think it could use a bit more border as well and the red is harder to read in print than on the screen.

Interesting....when I printed them 100% on my computer they are about 3/16" too long. I had to print at 95%. I guess the disclaimer is that printers will vary.....

Here are a couple more variations based upon earlier feedback. The Cyan one matches my Premium apron perfectly!!!
GOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

#3873 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lo comprobé y Pinball Life ha verificado que este conjunto de objetivo de caída único y rediseñado 500-1083-01-L6 está disponible en Stern actualmente y pueden solicitarlo especialmente para que se envíe en menos de una semana. El costo es de $ 185.50 más el envío ($ 14 menos que el marco, que son OOS de todos modos). Póngase en contacto con [email protected] y él lo ordenará para usted.

Okkkkkk thanks!!!!!

#3874 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Interesting....when I printed them 100% on my computer they are about 3/16" too long. I had to print at 95%. I guess the disclaimer is that printers will vary.....
Here are a couple more variations based upon earlier feedback. The Cyan one matches my Premium apron perfectly!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are really nice and I greatly appreciate you sharing them! I should have been more precise, when I print them the are a bit short height-wise, not length wise. It was a pretty easy adjustment to make to get them sized a little better though I still find the red a bit hard to read unless there's a lot of light directly on them. Don't mean to be picky or complain as they are still really, really good and much better than I could do myself.

#3875 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Pinball Universe in Europe will be qble to help you out. Same as Freddys in Germany.

#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pinball Universe en Europa será capaz de ayudarte. Igual que Freddys en Alemania.

Thankssssss

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Never did like any of the Instruction/Free Play Cards I found out here for GOTG, so killed a little free time this morning. All are 300 dpi, sized 140mm by 75mm, and even made a special cleland one....enjoy!!!
NOTE: My printer printed them a touch large, so you may have to do a 1-2mm of trimming depending on your printer.

These custom cards look fantastic!

Really hate to say this after you've run off so many variations but I believe I've spotted a typo (pretty sure it should be "MODE") . . .

gotg_icard_typo.pnggotg_icard_typo.png
#3878 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

These custom cards look fantastic!
Really hate to say this after you've run off so many variations but I believe I've spotted a typo (pretty sure it should be "MODE") . . .[quoted image]

DAGNABBIT!! I went over it numerous times to make sure a typo didn’t sneak in!!! Oh well, I will fix that this evening.....sorry about that folks!

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

DAGNABBIT!! I went over it numerous times to make sure a typo didn’t sneak in!!! Oh well, I will fix that this evening.....sorry about that folks!

Alright, typo has been fixed, dark shadow added to the Free Play Cards. Here they all are again in one post....Once again, you may have to adjust the print size percentage a hair depending on printer.......Enjoy!

GOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card -Silver.jpgGOTG Instruction Card -Silver.jpg
#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Not many out the side lanes. Even before I moved them the sidelanes really aren’t an issue with this game. t!

Yeah thats not true at all.

#3882 4 years ago

Just joined the club!
Been after this one for a while now.

Anyone know where I can get a set of the stern inner art blades?
Or have a set you'd sell?

#3883 4 years ago

Installed my new shooter rod last night, courtesy of Super Skill Shot Shop:

IMG_7002 (resized).JPGIMG_7002 (resized).JPG
#3884 4 years ago

Ooh I like that one!
Bill makes some cool stuff.

#3885 4 years ago

Finished all the characters last night. Finished Orb multiball and needed to finalize Groot multiball for Immolation. Finished Groot on my last ball then Immolation lit! I nailed it and played Immolation for what seemed like an eternity. Lost all the balls except one and there is was. The blinking PURPLE Save Xandar scoop shot. Then, the FU@&ing right lane swallowed it up. I wanted to cry!! LOL. 6 billion was well respected by the family. Not my top of 11 billion but dam fun. Really love this game. Been 1.5 years and still choose to play at least once a week. Have 7 to choose from luckily.

#3886 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Finished all the characters last night. Finished Orb multiball and needed to finalize Groot multiball for Immolation. Finished Groot on my last ball then Immolation lit! I nailed it and played Immolation for what seemed like an eternity. Lost all the balls except one and there is was. The blinking PURPLE Save Xandar scoop shot. Then, the FU@&ing right lane swallowed it up. I wanted to cry!! LOL. 6 billion was well respected by the family. Not my top of 11 billion but dam fun. Really love this game. Been 1.5 years and still choose to play at least once a week. Have 7 to choose from luckily.

What was your II score, must have been a doozy?!

#3887 4 years ago

Father's day gifts finally installed. Baby Groot and Hexagonal pin blades. I'm amazed a 5 month old baby has such good taste in pinball mods!

20190623_193525 (resized).jpg20190623_193525 (resized).jpg20190623_193558 (resized).jpg20190623_193558 (resized).jpg
#3888 4 years ago

Still having Orb Drop target problems. I really think a software update to hold this a few more ms would do the trick, but in lieu of being able to do that I tried bending the main mounting bracket as I read here. After a few tries I found a sweet spot, but after a while(week) it was still getting hung up (occasionally). However the ball find sequence would clear it up if it did stick. So not satisfied with that, I read more threads and decided to bend the little flipper thingy (535-1660-00). My theory is the throw is just not enough but there is plenty of play in it. So I bent it forward every so slightly, maybe 2 degrees, and then I leveled out the little tab that actually hits the target, so when it makes contact with the target it's about perpendicular. I also relaxed or stretched the target drop spring a bit, just by over stretching it slightly. Played it for a couple hours and not once did it stick. The target release bracket isn't Sterns most robust design, nor is the main bracket. It would be nice to see this redesigned. But I'm back playing uninterrupted again. I just got my GOTG Pro a month ago, assembled in April 2019, so I would say even though Stern offered to send a replacement, they have not really addressed the issue.

Photo-Jun-25,-8-01-52-PM (resized).jpgPhoto-Jun-25,-8-01-52-PM (resized).jpg
#3889 4 years ago

Just an FYI or PM: When I pulled my playfield and drop target assembly this caught my eye, the wires to the magnet resting against the metal mounting bracket. This magnet moves around in here if you never grabbed it, you know what I mean. I don't really like wires to moving parts resting against metal so I spun it and secured it with some slack to the harness post with a zip tie. It can still move but the wires aren't getting near the metal mounting strap anymore.

Photo-Jun-25,-8-10-41-PM (resized).jpgPhoto-Jun-25,-8-10-41-PM (resized).jpg
#3890 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Father's day gifts finally installed. Baby Groot and Hexagonal pin blades. I'm amazed a 5 month old baby has such good taste in pinball mods![quoted image][quoted image]

Are those art blades glossy or matte finish?

#3891 4 years ago

I had the magnet problem and did the washer trick and some other things but the one thing that fixed it for good was getting the right slope on my game by trial and error with my leg levellers. Once dialed in on good slope a
Few months ago the magnet has captured the ball 100 percent of time.

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from spiwrx:

Sigo teniendo problemas de objetivo Orb Drop. Realmente creo que una actualización de software para mantener esto por unos cuantos ms más haría el truco, pero en lugar de poder hacer eso, intenté doblar el soporte de montaje principal mientras leo aquí. Después de algunos intentos encontré un punto dulce, pero después de un tiempo (semana) todavía se estaba quedando colgado (ocasionalmente). Sin embargo, la secuencia de encontrar la bola lo aclararía si se atascara. Así que no estoy satisfecho con eso, leí más hilos y decidí doblar el cosito pequeño (535-1660-00). Mi teoría es que el lanzamiento no es suficiente, pero hay mucho juego en él. Así que lo incliné ligeramente hacia adelante, tal vez 2 grados, y luego nivelado la pequeña pestaña que realmente toca el objetivo, de modo que cuando hace contacto con el objetivo es casi perpendicular. También relajé o estiré un poco el resorte de caída objetivo, Solo estirándolo un poco más. Lo jugó por un par de horas y ni una sola vez se pegó. El soporte de liberación objetivo no es el diseño más robusto de Stern, ni el soporte principal. Sería bueno ver esto rediseñado. Pero vuelvo a jugar ininterrumpidamente de nuevo. Acabo de recibir mi GOTG Pro hace un mes, se reunió en abril de 2019, así que diría que a pesar de que Stern ofreció enviar un reemplazo, realmente no han abordado el problema.[quoted image]

I have tried many things but I still have the same problem. My target drop orb goes up later and the ball does not stay in lock, it goes out to the field before the target drop rises

#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Are those art blades glossy or matte finish?

They're a pretty matte finish. Not fully matte like the legs on the machine, but certainly not a high gloss of any sort like the playfield. They're the Tilt Graphics GameBlades from modfatherpinball.com.

#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

They're a pretty matte finish. Not fully matte like the legs on the machine, but certainly not a high gloss of any sort like the playfield. They're the Tilt Graphics GameBlades from modfatherpinball.com.

Perfect ,thank you.
Since I can't find the stern blades, I'm trying to decide on one of the other styles available but definitely want a more matte finish like the stern blades.

#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Perfect ,thank you.
Since I can't find the stern blades, I'm trying to decide on one of the other styles available but definitely want a more matte finish like the stern blades.

I've put those exact ones on 2 weekends ago. They look perfect. I've bought both Stern and other TiltGraphics art blades before, and it would not surprise me if the OEM for Stern is TiltGraphics. They are identical in finish and quality!

#3897 4 years ago

Got my Pro delivered tonight! Has Ronan's hammer and Cassette tape mods, art blades, flipper button and Groot's mouth and speaker grill LEDs, shaker motor and upgraded woofer.

Awesome thing happened coming out of the orb. Ball spun around as it should and released straight up into Groot's mouth! I had never seen that happen before.

Looks like I need a Baby Groot. That looks really cool.

Great game that I'm proud to add to the collection.
IMG_20190626_231333 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_231333 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_231340 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_231340 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_231405 (resized).jpgIMG_20190626_231405 (resized).jpg

#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Got my Pro delivered tonight! Has Ronin's hammer and Cassette tape mods, art blades, flipper button and Groot's mouth and speaker grill LEDs, shaker motor and upgraded woofer.
Awesome thing happened coming out of the orb. Ball spun around as it should and released straight up into Groot's mouth! I had never seen that happen before.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Observation / suggestion on the speaker lights...the black spot on the right one is due to the speaker foam touching (or darn near touching) the protruding speaker tweeter. I think some plastic canvas would take care of that.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Plastic-Canvas-Use.html

This Plastic Canvas was invented, specially formulated and is manufactured by me, specifically for my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit use. So don't bother going to Hobby Lobby, Michaels (even Walmart) or pretty much any other craft store and getting "Ultra Stiff (7 mesh) Plastic Canvas" for about $1 a sheet. It is not as good as the stuff I sell...I mean, the stuff I make.

In all seriousness though, I do sell them in pre-cut sheets for use between the speaker foam and my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, but it is available pretty much at any craft store. It should help to keep your foam upright and away from those protruding tweeters.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Father's day gifts finally installed. Baby Groot and Hexagonal pin blades. I'm amazed a 5 month old baby has such good taste in pinball mods![quoted image][quoted image]

That baby groot looks so sweet. Nice gift from father's day.

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Got my Pro delivered tonight! Has Ronin's hammer and Cassette tape mods, art blades, flipper button and Groot's mouth and speaker grill LEDs, shaker motor and upgraded woofer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful man, just beautiful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/78?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.