IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 171.
#3801 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, I installed in mine, not that difficult really. It does make that shot slightly harder to hit but I think it's worth it.

I agree...

#3802 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

I moved the post on my left side drain down, and it still insta drains a bunch on it. Guessing it does drain less, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it. I left the right outlane alone, because i feel like you do'nt get as many cheap drains, and you can get the save lit.

nothing more annoying or momentum killing than that. hate that left drain!!!!

#3803 4 years ago

unless you are in training for the pro circuit why not move the outpost position down and give yourself a fighting chance? even down you will still get more than your fair share of frustrating left drains

#3804 4 years ago

Is 535-1660-00 available anywhere? I've done all the drop target fixes (bent the bracket out, washers, etc) and they've stopped working so I want to start from scratch.

#3805 4 years ago

I bet you have not done the pinball jj fix which has mine working 100% for months now see post 2865. there is also a good separate thread from pinsider waxx on the fixes if you have not seen.

that part number is for the whole drop target mechanism? I would think
pinballlife would have it

#3806 4 years ago

I’ll check out that thread I have tried the washers, bending, etc. it worked fine for a year but it’s off again.

#3807 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

unless you are in training for the pro circuit why not move the outpost position down and give yourself a fighting chance? even down you will still get more than your fair share of frustrating left drains

i still manage to get pretty high scores. i like the challenge honestly. if it left drains and i lose i start another free game

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Have any of you installed the scoop protector? I bought one for my pro before realizing its not an easy install.[quoted image]

I installed one as well. It's not as bad as it looks. Just take some pictures before you start. I had it done in under 30 minutes. It looks great once it's in place.

#3809 4 years ago

Anyone else has problems with the capture of the orb? several times during the game the avanable target does not catch the ball. Does it happen to someone else?

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Anyone else has problems with the capture of the orb? several times during the game the avanable target does not catch the ball. Does it happen to someone else?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem

There is a whole thread just for that problem. Some people have a target that won't catch and stay up, others have one that won't go back down.

Hope this helps.

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

i still manage to get pretty high scores. i like the challenge honestly. if it left drains and i lose i start another free game

it is nice that we can adjust things to our preference, , I like it challenging but at my skill level those unavoidable left outdrains when you have some good progress going( something like right sling kick to millisecond left drain) make me curse a blue streak

#3812 4 years ago

24 hours from now I will be *finally* picking up a GOTG Premium.....stoked!!

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

it is nice that we can adjust things to our preference, , I like it challenging but at my skill level those unavoidable left outdrains when you have some good progress going( something like right sling kick to millisecond left drain) make me curse a blue streak

i agree man... i agree.. i set mine to 5 balls sometimes for the wife and kids. i should lower the posts. is it hard to move them when u take the nut off? like are the stuck to the clear coat pretty good?

#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem
Hay un hilo entero sólo para ese problema. Algunas personas tienen un objetivo que no lo atrapará y permanecerá arriba, otras tendrán un objetivo que no volverá a caer.
Espero que esto ayude.

my orb does not seem to work badly, it does not stay up and it does not happen that it retains the ball. The problem is that it seems that the target goes late. the ball leaves the orb before the bull goes up. for a few thousandths of a second it seems that the bullseye goes up later and does not catch the ball

#3815 4 years ago

I can record 3 video of the bug that has the capture orb.el.mecanismo works well but it seems to act late

#3816 4 years ago

in the 3rd video did it go up and down with out any trigger at the end?

#3817 4 years ago

once in a while i have it where quill will only start with 1 ball. its happened 3 or 4 times . anyone else had this happen? and yes its the first time attempting quil when it does it.

#3818 4 years ago

it seems that it does not touch the bullseye of the fund

#3819 4 years ago

Not an owner, but figured you would all get a kick out of this article.

https://babylonbee.com/news/groot-in-hot-water-after-recent-i-am-groot-comments

CBDC2F98-DFDB-4F38-A1EA-10F220F50FBA (resized).pngCBDC2F98-DFDB-4F38-A1EA-10F220F50FBA (resized).png
#3820 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking about selling their GOTC Pro, I am looking to trade a nice, 100% working Fish Tales + cash for a Pro. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks.

#3821 4 years ago

It's been a minute since I have posted. I went on vacation which drained me and I'm back now. I installed the actual factory groot arms on my machine, I bought them separately from Marcos but didn't get any installation brackets. So Craig @ Fun! finally got me the brackets and there were literally ZERO instructions or specs on how to install them. So after pulling out the left ramp last night I spent about 2 hours being a dummy and trying to figure out how the metal plates attached. I only wanted to put on the left side as both seem distracting.

I'll post some pictures tonight. There is a plastic on the left side that doesn't fit so I had to remove it. I don't think I will install the right arm but I'll just leave the entire assembly in case the next owner wants to do something. I'm putting the big tape player on the right side.

#3822 4 years ago

someone who can help me? it seems that when the ball enters the orb the target goes up and down twice before catching the ball ... sometimes it seems as if it raised the target later and spits the ball out instead of retaining it

#3823 4 years ago

Does anyone else happen to the target orb does not catch the ball? it seems that the bull's eye rises later.thanks

#3824 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Does anyone else happen to the target orb does not catch the ball? it seems that the bull's eye rises later.thanks

This happens by design for the first 2 locks. It releases the ball until you complete 2 cycles.

#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Esto sucede por diseño para los primeros 2 bloqueos. Libera la bola hasta completar 2 ciclos.

I do not mean that ... when it does it works well as you say ... if you look a little more up in this thread you can see 3 videos where you can better appreciate what I'm trying to explain

#3826 4 years ago

my problem is that the ball comes out before the bullseye rises as if the target had a delay in getting up and does not hold the ball

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

24 hours from now I will be *finally* picking up a GOTG Premium.....stoked!!

And we of course are looking forward to the pictures of the unboxing of your new machine....

#3828 4 years ago

It seems that after reading many comments I decided to follow the messages of the forum. I made as many and double the metal sheets. It appears that the orb block works well. But fix this to cause another problem, when the target is raised right on the moment that the ball passes by the magnet, the ball gives a small boat because of the impact of raising the target and the magnet does not manage to catch it ... any advice?

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It seems that after reading many comments I decided to follow the messages of the forum. I made as many and double the metal sheets. It appears that the orb block works well. But fix this to cause another problem, when the target is raised right on the moment that the ball passes by the magnet, the ball gives a small boat because of the impact of raising the target and the magnet does not manage to catch it ... any advice?

Sorry you're having troubles. Wish I know how to fix. Good luck!

#3830 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

take the washers out and slightly bend the mechanism up. thats all i did and it didnt take much and it works perfect every time. actually i think i just bent one piece in the mechanism not the whole thing. and you dont have to move it much

#3831 4 years ago

Do you happen to have a picture? Do you need to remove the drop target from the machine to bend it?

Thx

#3832 4 years ago

I also double the two parts of the mechanism. Now it works well because it always catches the ball but when releasing the ball the card when climbing again does it with force and causes the vibration on the board to make the ball jump a bit, just when it goes to pass over the magnet. By this small jump the magnet can not hold the ball

#3833 4 years ago

I would like to buy a new part of this mechanism like the one that has marcospecialties, but is exhausted, does anyone know where to get it?

Screenshot_20190616-015806_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190616-015806_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3834 4 years ago

Hey guys, is there a reliable fix for a pro that has an orb magnet that does not properly catch and spin the ball when it ejects from gathering orb 1 and 2? I noticed some people were having this problem towards the beginning of this thread. I auditioned a pro today that I may purchase that has this problem. The magnet almost always just barely moves the ball instead of grabbing it. Thanks for any suggestions.

#3835 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Hey guys, is there a reliable fix for a pro that has an orb magnet that does not properly catch and spin the ball when it ejects from gathering orb 1 and 2? I noticed some people were having this problem towards the beginning of this thread. I auditioned a pro today that I may purchase that has this problem. The magnet almost always just barely moves the ball instead of grabbing it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but after cleaning my play field and balls, the magnet does a much better job of spinning the ball.

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I put on Cliffy post sleeves which are a little thicker than stock, so now when the ball gets released from the orb lock, it bounces more to the magnet which catch's it and makes it spin. Make sure it's at 6.5 pitch so it doesn't float and miss the magnet.

#3837 4 years ago

I believe that none of you understand my problem ... it will be for the translator

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I put on Cliffy post sleeves which are a little thicker than stock, so now when the ball gets released from the orb lock, it bounces more to the magnet which catch's it and makes it spin. Make sure it's at 6.5 pitch so it doesn't float and miss the magnet.

I am in agreement with this. I tried some Titan sleeves and they lasted a couple weeks, so I went to a thicker sleeve and lowered the pitch and have good success with this. It does catch the ball every time, but a good percentage of the time.

#3839 4 years ago

Never did like any of the Instruction/Free Play Cards I found out here for GOTG, so killed a little free time this morning. All are 300 dpi, sized 140mm by 75mm, and even made a special cleland one....enjoy!!!

NOTE: My printer printed them a touch large, so you may have to do a 1-2mm of trimming depending on your printer.

GOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card.jpgGOTG Instruction Card.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

See post 3879 for updated and corrected cards.

#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I would like to buy a new part of this mechanism like the one that has marcospecialties, but is exhausted, does anyone know where to get it?[quoted image]

You need the WHOLE ASSEMBLY? Can't you just buy the part of the assembly that is actually broken instead of the whole thing?

#3841 4 years ago

I do not know. The only one I've seen for sale is this one and it's sold out

Screenshot_20190616-015806_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190616-015806_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3842 4 years ago

It is also different from the original but it seems better manufactured

#3843 4 years ago

I don't think that is the right one

#3844 4 years ago

the reference number is the same

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I do not know. The only one I've seen for sale is this one and it's sold out[quoted image]

Email Terry at pinball life ([email protected]) and give him the 500-1083-01-L6 part number. He can special order it for you, usually takes about a week and it'll probably be cheaper than marco.

500-9960-00 is not the same assembly as 500-1083-01-L6.

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I believe that none of you understand my problem ... it will be for the translator

Check the connector on the sensor for the drop target. It is a IDC connector. This connector comes loose and then the mech does not work properly. Just like you have explained. Start there and make sure this is working properly before you start playing with anything else.

#3847 4 years ago

That is the modified, improved, drop target mech, Manny.
I'm having trouble finding one myself.

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Never did like any of the Instruction/Free Play Cards I found out here for GOTG, so killed a little free time this morning. All are 300 dpi, sized 140mm by 75mm, and even made a special cleland one....enjoy!!!
NOTE: My printer printed them a touch large, so you may have to do a 1-2mm of trimming depending on your printer.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, great work. I love when someone puts in the effort and then shares it with the community. Thanks!

#3849 4 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Ese es el mech objetivo modificado, mejorado, drop, Manny.
Estoy teniendo problemas para encontrar uno mismo.

I'd love to be able to buy one. Just sell it to marcopecialities?

#3850 4 years ago

Anyone having issues with the ball hitting groots arm / fingers? I noticed on my machine that the right arm is lower than the left. Balls never used to hit the bottom on the fingers but now they are, seems like the arm is slowly moving down. None of the arm connections are loose or broken, I was able to move it up a bit but think this is only a temp fix as it will slowly move down again. The left arm is not causing an issue and looks to be at the original height.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,495 (Firm)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 28.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/77?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.