IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2887 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 169.
#3751 4 years ago

Interesting, I think in my case this may have made it worse. It seemed to me on mine that the drop solenoid has a different mechanism then that star trek, but on my GOTG (sorry I didn't take pictures) the little flip-flop deally that that actually presses the target to release it would hit the solenoid when energized and not get enough throw to actually release the target, that plus the weight of the ball resting against it on top of that targets plastic be fairly be fairly flexible. So I bent the entire bracket a little beyond 90, maybe 92 degrees to give it some more throw. It seemed to play fine now, it did get stuck once after this but this time the ball search released it. If it keeps happening I'm going to try extending the little finger that actually releases the target to drop with a spot of epoxy or something. The release on Star Trek is off to the side and on my GOTG it stacked on top of the reset solenoid in line. Also seems a little slow to drop perhaps. Maybe a slightly stronger spring will get it to drop faster. Oddly enough it seems there is an option to disable the drop target in the settings, perhaps this is a known issue, unfortunate they don't have a better fix for this. Maybe that star trek with the side release would be better??

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I printed some Hubble telescope pictures for my apron from here
http://hubblesite.org/image/4150/gallery

Cool!

#3753 4 years ago

anyone know where this is from? somewhere near the back but I can't find where it should go...

IMG_3808 (resized).JPGIMG_3808 (resized).JPG

#3754 4 years ago

might be two seperate things, the hex post might be from the rear of the orb plastic?

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You would be hard pressed to find someone on here that hasn’t said the exact same thing.
It would be impossible though to find someone here who has stood by those words and not found more space for more pins
You will be at 3-5 games by Xmas, you might as well give into it now

haha why wait until december?? while i go on my quests to save xander and the road to valinor the wife has been making comments such as" the lawn is shaggy" i assume it is best to nod my head and say " yes dear" while continuing to play?

lotr 005 (resized).jpglotr 005 (resized).jpg
#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

the wife has been making comments such as" the lawn is shaggy

Tell her where the lawn mower is.

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone know where this is from? somewhere near the back but I can't find where it should go...
[quoted image]

I'd guess the orb assembly somewhere.

#3758 4 years ago

Sorry guys, I'm new to this group please bare with me... (I just got mine this past weekend manufactured in April)

Is it just me or in the Game play on Rockets Mission "Escape Kyln" the skill shot (2 Nova Corp lanes) seems wonky compared to the other missions. Sometimes I get (on a new ball) both lanes flashing, sometimes one. Then after the ball passes through one of them both lights go out and never come back on until a new ball or mission. From just playing it all memorial weekend it seems all the other missions have traditional behavior where you get the flashing skill shot and then the lane stays lit.

I'm on current version I believe. 1.06(?)

Also, is there a manual or guide somewhere that explains the gameplay a bit more. I didn't see it on the stern website.

#3759 4 years ago

I think with kyln you get one progress bar once for each switch( upper lanes left and right, groot, lower left inner and outer inlanes and right lower inlanes and then to finish. the rocket shot. if you drain and start a new ball one of the upper lanes will light for the skill shot as well the lower lanes will flash for hadrons? but these wont count for progress in the mode . sometimes it does seem like a lane is lit when it shouldn't be

pinball wiki has a good explanation of the rules

#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from spiwrx:

Sorry guys, I'm new to this group please bare with me... (I just got mine this past weekend manufactured in April)
Is it just me or in the Game play on Rockets Mission "Escape Kyln" the skill shot (2 Nova Corp lanes) seems wonky compared to the other missions. Sometimes I get (on a new ball) both lanes flashing, sometimes one. Then after the ball passes through one of them both lights go out and never come back on until a new ball or mission. From just playing it all memorial weekend it seems all the other missions have traditional behavior where you get the flashing skill shot and then the lane stays lit.
I'm on current version I believe. 1.06(?)
Also, is there a manual or guide somewhere that explains the gameplay a bit more. I didn't see it on the stern website.

On the ball plunge at the start of Escape Kyln will have all those 2 top lanes doing double duty. They're lit and flashing for your mission, and one of the two is also flashing at a different rate (faster?) for the skill shot. It is a bit wonky, but it works.

Here's a link to manual you can refer to:

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think with kyln you get one progress bar once for each switch( upper lanes left and right, groot, lower left inner and outer inlanes and right lower inlanes and then to finish. the rocket shot. if you drain and start a new ball one of the upper lanes will light for the skill shot as well the lower lanes will flash for hadrons? but these wont count for progress in the mode . sometimes it does seem like a lane is lit when it shouldn't be
pinball wiki has a good explanation of the rules

I did verify with the glass off that Rocket does not have to be the last shot. If you hit nothing but Rocket, it will eventually start taking away the rollover lanes shots, but it will leave Groot. So Groot can be your lost shot, but it's unlikely since it's so much easier than Rocket or lanes.

#3762 4 years ago

Didn't play the game for some months; just updated to latest gamecode and now ball gets stuck 4 out of 5 in orb

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I did verify with the glass off that Rocket does not have to be the last shot. If you hit nothing but Rocket, it will eventually start taking away the rollover lanes shots, but it will leave Groot. So Groot can be your lost shot, but it's unlikely since it's so much easier than Rocket or lanes.

that's good to know !

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Didn't play the game for some months; just updated to latest gamecode and now ball gets stuck 4 out of 5 in orb
Thanks a lot in advance!

Behind the drop target? Unlikely a code issue, there is a whole thread about this. I had to try a few things before mine started working again.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem

Hope that helps, it is a super annoying problem.

#3765 4 years ago

Thank you so much! Worked flawless with previous code, weird.

#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Thanks a lot in advance!

Had to bend mine right away. Fresh from Stern on latest version. IMHO my take is the bracket prohibits a full throw from the target release arm. The little 90degree bent sheet metal that gets pulled by the release solenoid actually bottoms out against itself and doesn't push enough against the target to release it. Bending the main mounting bracket (as suggested by others) improved the throw but I still get stuck once in a while, however the ball search now works when it does happen. Maybe if the release held a few more microseconds it might do as well.

#3767 4 years ago

Is this game way more difficult than most? I’m hardly an expert. I have a Star Wars pro and this in premium but i can’t score very high on GOTG while i can on Star Wars. Just a different system?

#3768 4 years ago

Just got my Pro on 2 days ago, Having a blast.
Sound mod installed, tilt bob set low, but other than that its default.
High score so far is 416m. CBMB only once as of yet.

What do you guys consider a good score?

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Just got my Pro on 2 days ago, Having a blast.
Sound mod installed, tilt bob set low, but other than that its default.
High score so far is 416m so far. CBMB only once as of yet.

416M is pretty good. I have gotten 441M before and have gotten CBMB twice. I have had the game about 3 months and played maybe 300 times. Maybe I am not that good. I feel like starting with Yaka Arrow, I can usually complete that on the first ball, hit the scoop, start sibling rivalry and get groot mulitball. On most games I can complete YAKA, Groot, and Sibling on the first ball. Then after that its a crap shoot on Antiquities and drax to get the 4 events completed.

Most games I get the 4 done but then can not hit the scoop on command to start the CBMB. I have gotten 6 of the 8 events completed and both multiballs. Getting really close to the Save Xandar mode.

#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

416M is pretty good. I have gotten 441M before and have gotten CBMB twice. I have had the game about 3 months and played maybe 300 times. Maybe I am not that good. I feel like starting with Yaka Arrow, I can usually complete that on the first ball, hit the scoop, start sibling rivalry and get groot mulitball. On most games I can complete YAKA, Groot, and Sibling on the first ball. Then after that its a crap shoot on Antiquities and drax to get the 4 events completed.
Most games I get the 4 done but then can not hit the scoop on command to start the CBMB. I have gotten 6 of the 8 events completed and both multiballs. Getting really close to the Save Xandar mode.

Yaka first
Then Antiquities, it'll progress you towards Orb MB quicker.
Then take POD in Groot and Sibling in Orb

#3771 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Yaka first
Then Antiquities, it'll progress you towards Orb MB quicker.
Then take POD in Groot and Sibling in Orb

Antiquities is a good choice after yaka because it and yaka 2 both utilize bumpers.

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Like a lot of new games, excessive scoring on GotG is dependent on multipliers. Complete the Nova Corp lanes as many times as you can and plan what shot you want to double. Don't just shoot a random shot and waste your doublers. They reset after losing a ball, so it sucks to get everything set up and then drain!

Getting playfield multipliers from Rocket before MBs (especially CBMB), while having a lot of shots doubled, really boosts scoring. It also ends a lot of games, because the Rocket shot sucks. But when it all comes together, it can be beautiful.

I've finished the game with less than 2B total points. I've also gotten 1.5B on a single CBMB. It's all about the multipliers.

#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's all about the multipliers.

I have absolutely no idea how the multipliers work. Is there anywhere I can read up on the more in depth rules?

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have absolutely no idea how the multipliers work. Is there anywhere I can read up on the more in depth rules?

There are a lot of ways to multiply points in GotG, and most of them are cumulative. Tiltforums is another good forum site that leans more toward competitive play, so it has really good rule sheets. It has a very good breakdown for GotG.

#3775 4 years ago

Not sure if this is code 1.06, but it should get you close.

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#3776 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

I've no idea how many times each game I miss the scoop for mode starts, but its probably my least reliable shot on the game.

Not good when it is so important and there's nothing worse than draining the last ball with Cherry Bomb flashing away, probably a good job there's no "Cherry Bomb MBALL Qualified" audit to compare against the CBMB Started one!

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I've no idea how many times each game I miss the scoop for mode starts, but its probably my least reliable shot on the game.
Not good when it is so important and there's nothing worse than draining the last ball with Cherry Bomb flashing away, probably a good job there's no "Cherry Bomb MBALL Qualified" audit to compare against the CBMB Started one!

The worst right? I’ve lit cbmb 3 times, but only got it once so far.

#3778 4 years ago

Thanks for the info guys! I'll read up on it! I always hear the game say "you got a multiplier!" But I have no idea what its doing... lol

#3779 4 years ago

Thanks for the info guys! I'll read up on it! I always hear the game say "you got a multiplier!" But I have no idea what its doing... lol

When you hear that, it means you set a 2x multiplier on a single shot. You'll know which one it is by the round green insert that is lit in front of it. Every time you hit that shot, for the rest of the ball, the points awarded will be double...in any mode or multiball.

You got it by completing the Nova Corp lanes. Once you finish them, the next shot you hit, that isn't already multiplied, will set the multiplier.

#3780 4 years ago

Several Pinsiders have asked me recently for this scoop sign mod. I made some more so feel free to PM me.
GOTG Scoop Final Lit (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop Final Lit (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop lit Final 2 (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop lit Final 2 (resized).JPGmaxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70398

#3781 4 years ago

Well finally joined the club but having to use the dining room since no room in our small game room. What a great game

20190529_203040 (resized).jpg20190529_203040 (resized).jpg
#3782 4 years ago

I keep seeing the topper and I keep trying to decide if it's worth it when I have so many other mods to get for my games...I'm going to go with no, but it sure does look cool.

#3783 4 years ago

Sometimes the target that holds the ball in the toy orb fails to catch the ball in time. Sampling the ball and then raising the target, is not always but it happens sometime during the game. Can it be by tilting the machine? my machine is at maximum elevation of the back legs

#3784 4 years ago

well guys i am by far no expert, my high score is 700 millions something, but i found while it is easiest to do antiquities and yaka first it isnt always the highest scoring. if you can start quil and finish him on the first ball i promise you will get higher scores.. quil, antiquities, then groot or orb and get the extra ball.. then move to yaka and or groot.. i got my highest score by getting orb jackpot twice on one orb multiball.. you will notice if you start with quil and finish him your bonuses are soo much bigger, every ball is like a 50-80 million bonus at the end of it.. Hope this helps some of you. dont do kyln cuz that rocket shot is high drain shot... pod chase while it is easy it need alot of shots to finish.. get good at that right scoop because when you do modes that are longer and hit it to get upgrade it makes the modes easy to finish.. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO NUDGE LOL. 700 million something is my highest score with out nudging.. If any of you want to talk strategy let me know. Im always down to help and always willing to learn a new strategy if it means higher scores..

#3785 4 years ago

i should mention i missed the right scoop shot prolly 8 times on my highest score run with cherrybomb lit.. i was going to break the billion mark if i could just hit the right scoop!!! sometimes its automatic and some nights its a struggle.. last night the orb shot hated me.. oh well..

#3786 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

well guys i am by far no expert, my high score is 700 millions something, but i found while it is easiest to do antiquities and yaka first it isnt always the highest scoring. if you can start quil and finish him on the first ball i promise you will get higher scores.. quil, antiquities, then groot or orb and get the extra ball.. then move to yaka and or groot.. i got my highest score by getting orb jackpot twice on one orb multiball.. you will notice if you start with quil and finish him your bonuses are soo much bigger, every ball is like a 50-80 million bonus at the end of it.. Hope this helps some of you. dont do kyln cuz that rocket shot is high drain shot... pod chase while it is easy it need alot of shots to finish.. get good at that right scoop because when you do modes that are longer and hit it to get upgrade it makes the modes easy to finish.. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO NUDGE LOL. 700 million something is my highest score with out nudging.. If any of you want to talk strategy let me know. Im always down to help and always willing to learn a new strategy if it means higher scores..

This seems like a good strategy, I will give it a shot. I too need to learn how to nudge. My high score to date is 881 million, I started with Yaka, Antiquities and Quill all on the first ball, followed by 2 groots, orb and Drax, kiln on second ball. CBMB on ball 3 and couldn't finish off the last two events on ball 3.

#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Well finally joined the club but having to use the dining room since no room in our small game room. What a great game[quoted image]

mine is also in the dining room haha... i like it there.. everyone sees it, and its easy acces to play

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

This seems like a good strategy, I will give it a shot. I too need to learn how to nudge. My high score to date is 881 million, I started with Yaka, Antiquities and Quill all on the first ball, followed by 2 groots, orb and Drax, kiln on second ball. CBMB on ball 3 and couldn't finish off the last two events on ball 3.

damn thats a good game.. did you multiballs end fast with out any jackpots? i dont understand groot multiball completely.. one time when i get it the jackpot was giving me 80 or 90 million then sometimes its 6 mill or 12 mill or 24 mill and once in awhile 48 mill.. makes no sense. the 2nd orb jackpot i got on the same orb multiball was like 172 million.. cherrybomb multiball is pretty easy to get 300 million.. when are you using your hadron enforcer?

#3789 4 years ago

also idk how everyones machine is set up but outlanes on mine are set the hardest and 3 balls. everything factory set. my tilt is pretty sensitive

#3790 4 years ago

Over 11 billion twice! Got to Save Xandar on one of those games. Still enjoy playing. That was almost a year ago

9CB97019-12C2-43A2-83E2-C17014940F99 (resized).jpeg9CB97019-12C2-43A2-83E2-C17014940F99 (resized).jpeg
#3791 4 years ago

11 billion. Did this twice. Saved Xandar once. Great game even to this day

B31CA29D-3B93-4D22-9993-385D2CDF23CC.jpegB31CA29D-3B93-4D22-9993-385D2CDF23CC.jpeg
#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

11 billion. Did this twice. Saved Xandar once. Great game even to this day[quoted image]

put the glass back on it lol JK JK.. nice freaking score.. did you have a certain strategy or were you just hitting all your shots?

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Over 11 billion twice! Got to Save Xandar on one of those games. Still enjoy playing. That was almost a year ago[quoted image]

i see your side posts are lowered. my biggest problem is side drains. i thought about lowering mine but i dont wanna mess with it. when you lowered them did it make a huge difference in your score?

#3794 4 years ago

Subscribing as I am on the verge of buying a Guardians. Super stoked about the upcoming purchase and anxious to see how it looks next to my 'The Munsters'

#3795 4 years ago

Not many out the side lanes. Even before I moved them the sidelanes really aren’t an issue with this game. It comes down to having multipliers during cherry bomb. I’ve scored over 1 billion in cherry bomb alone. Add that to immolation and xandar with multipliers and you can get it there. Now if only rocket would stop firing tha ball SDTM I would be ok!!! Dammit rocket!

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Not many out the side lanes. Even before I moved them the sidelanes really aren’t an issue with this game. It comes down to having multipliers during cherry bomb. I’ve scored over 1 billion in cherry bomb alone. Add that to immolation and xandar with multipliers and you can get it there. Now if only rocket would stop firing tha ball SDTM I would be ok!!! Dammit rocket!

i have a ton of left side drains tbh. i dont have a SDTM problem on mine but i avoid rocket as much as possible but he always kicks into my right flipper anyways but if you not ready it sucks. i bet 7 out of 10 balls is a weird kick down the left drain, or it bounces of the metal divider on the left lanes and bounce to left drain. I have all the side drains and my level bubble is touching the top black line. some games i will have all 3 balls side drain and it will be a 1 minute game. every time i get to 600 million+ it is on the 3rd ball and extra ball after the first 2 side drain.. ugh.. frustrating. if i could play the 4 balls including the extra one and not get cheap side drains i would be in the billions.

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Subscribing as I am on the verge of buying a Guardians. Super stoked about the upcoming purchase and anxious to see how it looks next to my 'The Munsters'

if you like challenging shots and multiballs you will like it lol.. it is a fun game and i find myself frustrated and having to play just one more all the time.

#3798 4 years ago

I moved the post on my left side drain down, and it still insta drains a bunch on it. Guessing it does drain less, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it. I left the right outlane alone, because i feel like you do'nt get as many cheap drains, and you can get the save lit.

#3799 4 years ago

Have any of you installed the scoop protector? I bought one for my pro before realizing its not an easy install.

535-1663-00 (resized).jpg535-1663-00 (resized).jpg
#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Have any of you installed the scoop protector? I bought one for my pro before realizing its not an easy install.[quoted image]

Yes, I installed in mine, not that difficult really. It does make that shot slightly harder to hit but I think it's worth it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 169.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.