IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 171.
#3701 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Awesome! I just ordered this today from Cointaker. Also my first pin. Very excited, I love this game.

well i hope we love it. Do you plan to get more also and have a list you want?

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from UnJed:

Awesome! I just ordered this today from Cointaker. Also my first pin. Very excited, I love this game.

Idk about you but all of these mods seem a little overwelming. I hope all of this is easy to pick up on, especially repairs if need be.

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

Idk about you but all of these mods seem a little overwelming. I
hope all of this is easy to pick up on, especially repairs if need
be.

The only mods you really need to worry about for GOTG is the Cleland sound package which is easy to do if you follow the instructions, and some plastic protectors which are also easy to install. The scoop protector is a worthy investment if you plan to play the game a lot but not really necessary and even some strips of mylar are helpful to prevent chipping or wear.

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The only mods you really need to worry about for GOTG is the
Cleland sound package which is easy to do if you follow the
instructions, and some plastic protectors which are also easy to
install. The scoop protector is a worthy investment if you plan to
play the game a lot but not really necessary and even some strips
of mylar are helpful to prevent chipping or wear.

i did get protectors for rocket and the orb. so scoop protector and where do the mylar strips go? anything else you suggest?

#3705 4 years ago

can anyone give advice on setting it up? i wax before i play correct? any other things i need to do?

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

i did get protectors for rocket and the orb. so scoop protector
and where do the mylar strips go? anything else you suggest?

If you use the scoop protector (it is included on the Prem and LE I think) you don't really need the mylar unless you want to put some down in the shooter lane, again not really necessary to do so. If you don't want to use the metal scoop protector a couple of thin strips of mylar on the edges of the scoop will help protect it against damage from the ball. The scoop is a little easier to hit without the metal protector so some people prefer this but I put the metal one on mine.

No real need to wax a brand-new game before playing it, just clean or replace the balls (the ones Stern puts in are not great anymore), follow setup instructions and get it leveled / pitched correctly, adjust settings (enable free play, extra balls for replay if you want, etc.) to customize it the way you want. Install your plastic protectors and have fun!

#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

can anyone give advice on setting it up? i wax before i play
correct? any other things i need to do?

do you have the Pro?
See post #2129 on page 43.
It tells you how to make sure the magnet works and catches like it should. This is key, and easy to fix if you have a weak magnet.

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

do you have the Pro?
See post #2129 on page 43.
It tells you how to make sure the magnet works and catches
like it should. This is key, and easy to fix if you have a weak
magnet.

yes i have the pro and i have read every page in this thread before making my account lol.. so i know all the issues and fixes. i just have no experience with pinball machines and or fixing them. just hoping i get the hang out of it and figure everything out.

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you use the scoop protector (it is included on the Prem and
LE I think) you don't really need the mylar unless you want to put
some down in the shooter lane, again not really necessary to do so.
If you don't want to use the metal scoop protector a couple of thin
strips of mylar on the edges of the scoop will help protect it
against damage from the ball. The scoop is a little easier to hit
without the metal protector so some people prefer this but I put
the metal one on mine.
No real need to wax a brand-new game before playing it, just
clean or replace the balls (the ones Stern puts in are not great
anymore), follow setup instructions and get it leveled / pitched
correctly, adjust settings (enable free play, extra balls for
replay if you want, etc.) to customize it the way you want. Install
your plastic protectors and have fun!

any suggestion for balls? also when would i wax it then for the first time? after a certain number of plays? sorry i am a newbie to this and i dont wanna wreck anything.

#3710 4 years ago

Been using ninja chrome with no problems. Also add a shaker from pbl. Easy install.

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Been using ninja chrome with no problems. Also add a shaker from
pbl. Easy install.

will the stock balls be fine till i get a chance to order the new ones? and i do want to add a shaker. I also wanna see the sound before i try to do cleland sound update. for one so i no the difference and for 2 maybe i wont even mind the factory sound.

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

will the stock balls be fine till i get a chance to order the
new ones? and i do want to add a shaker. I also wanna see the sound
before i try to do cleland sound update. for one so i no the
difference and for 2 maybe i wont even mind the factory sound.

I ran the stock Stern balls in mine for over a year before replacing them. They started to look a bit dull and were getting a touch of pitting / corrosion on them.

I have found that after cleaning / waxing / changing balls that my magnet doesn't catch as often though, so maybe make sure when it comes time to get fresh balls you get ones that work well with magnets.

#3713 4 years ago

Cleland sound mod as stated many times is a must. Also if you get rolling with the mods I would add service rails to replace the pegs. 50 bux and so much better when getting under the hood. Once you get more comfortable getting into your machine its fun to add some mods and personalize it if you want. But of course PLAY the hell out of it. I do!

#3714 4 years ago

Hey does Cleland mod work with the new update yet? Was that issue resolved.

#3715 4 years ago

What a rush when you go into a game with no expectations and end up with your highest score to date! Only needed to restart Groot MB to Save Xandar when I experienced a simuldraineous event during Orb. LOL

20190514_193955 (resized).jpg20190514_193955 (resized).jpg20190514_194024 (resized).jpg20190514_194024 (resized).jpg
#3716 4 years ago

So I am still a little confused on the ruleset. Last night I got 888 million. I had completed 6 of the 8 events. Groot Multiball twice, Orb Multiball, and Cherry bomb multiball. But I still never went into Save Xandar.

It was my understanding if you shoot the scoop after completing 3 events or both multiballs you start Save Xandar, and if you start all events regardless of completing them you can shoot the scoop to start immolation.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong here.

Thank you

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So I am still a little confused on the ruleset. Last night I got 888 million. I had completed 6 of the 8 events. Groot Multiball twice, Orb Multiball, and Cherry bomb multiball. But I still never went into Save Xandar.
It was my understanding if you shoot the scoop after completing 3 events or both multiballs you start Save Xandar, and if you start all events regardless of completing them you can shoot the scoop to start immolation.
Thank you

No, Save Xandar is the final wizard mode, and requires completing all other modes, including scoring a super on Groot and Orb.

#3718 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Thank you

yes, when the all the mode inserts are lit up like a nice Christmas tree the scoop will glow purple/pink and hitting it will start save xander

if you complete everything during a multiball I think the scoop will not light up to start xander until you are down to one ball

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No, Save Xandar is the final wizard mode, and requires completing all other modes, including scoring a super on Groot and Orb.

Ahh ok. So all events plus both multiballs have to be complete for Save Zandar.

Now for the Cherry Multiball, what are the rules for that. I got it for the first time last night? Also, what is the immolation initiative?

Thanks

#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Now for the Cherry Multiball, what are the rules for that. I got it for the first time last night? Also, what is the immolation initiative?
Thanks

I do not own the game, so just going by memory of streams and reading rulesheets, but I'm pretty sure Cherry Bomb is after completing four modes, and Immolation Initiative is for starting (but not necessarily completing) all modes. Not sure if Groot and Orb starts are counted in that or not. And I think if you manage to complete them all on the first try (qualifying SX before playing II), you still have to play II before jumping right to SX. Pretty sure I saw Deadflip do that on one of his streams.

#3721 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Thanks

CBMB is available (flashing red at the scoop) once you complete four actual modes (Groot and Orb don't count). Once in CB, shoot all flashing shots to have Groot's mouth open and shut for a SP (just like in Groot MB). Once you collect the SP, it starts again and continues like this until time runs out. There are other rules about shooting solid shots, but this is the gist.

II is the mini wizard mode that is available (flashing yellow at the scoop) once you achieve 50% of all mode requirements and start Groot and Orb multiballs. Once in II, shoot lit shots and collect HEs to keep the balls coming. It is possible to start II before starting CBMB. I wouldn't recommend it, as the risk is huge and you're foregoing a lot of points from completing modes.

You can't jump to SZ without playing II, even if completing your final mode completes them all. Most of the time when I get to SZ, this is how I do it. I try to finish all modes for bonus increases, raising the value of QQ, and increasing the value of finished mode shots in Groot MB.

#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

I ran the stock Stern balls in mine for over a year before
replacing them. They started to look a bit dull and were getting a
touch of pitting / corrosion on them.
I have found that after cleaning / waxing / changing balls that
my magnet doesn't catch as often though, so maybe make sure when it
comes time to get fresh balls you get ones that work well with
magnets.

i just ordered some carbon core balls because i read this exact thing.. thank you

#3723 4 years ago

well, its in my garage as we speak waiting for me to get home and set it up.. wish me luck, first time.

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Hey does Cleland mod work with the new update yet? Was that
issue resolved.

Yes. The latest image he hosts contain the last version for GOTG.

#3725 4 years ago

Well its fun. Alot of ball drains and lots of post shots.. need to get the shots down and it will be fun. Highest score i got was like 140mil. Fixed the orb drop target before i started. Other than that she was smooth right out of the box.

#3726 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

Well its fun. Alot of ball drains and lots of post shots.. need to get the shots down and it will be fun. Highest score i got was like 140mil. Fixed the orb drop target before i started. Other than that she was smooth right out of the box.

Stick with it and you'll find the shots. It looks pretty open but the Gamora and Nebula ramps are both much harder than they look

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Stick with it and you'll find the shots. It looks pretty open but the Gamora and Nebula ramps are both much harder than they look

yes they are. i was thinking oh this should be a breeze but nope. and that orb post grrr.... haha. it is fun though, i just wanted to keep playing. for the drop orb target i just bent the bar that moves from the magnet a little bit and it works every time now. i didnt mind the sounds on the game, is the cleland one really that big of a difference?

#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

yes they are. i was thinking oh this should be a breeze but nope. and that orb post grrr.... haha. it is fun though, i just wanted to keep playing. for the drop orb target i just bent the bar that moves from the magnet a little bit and it works every time now. i didnt mind the sounds on the game, is the cleland one really that big of a difference?

Night and day, the best part is that if you really want to you can just switch back and forth by swapping SD-Cards but I will bet money that once you put the Cleland code in you won't want to go back.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Night and day, the best part is that if you really want to you can just switch back and forth by swapping SD-Cards but I will bet money that once you put the Cleland code in you won't want to go back.

i will have to get a SD- card and check it out

#3730 4 years ago

Why does Quills quest kick me out of the mode before the timer has run out?
It appears to go through a countdown hurry up for points and then end the mode before the mode timer has completed?
Is this a code problem?

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Why does Quills quest kick me out of the mode before the timer has run out?
It appears to go through a countdown hurry up for points and then end the mode before the mode timer has completed?
Is this a code problem?

The first time you start it, you get a two ball multi ball. When you drain one ball and go back to single ball play, it exits the mode. Subsequent starts don't give you the multi ball and will run for the duration.

In earlier code, the mode kept going, but I assume they tweaked the risk/reward as it was pretty much a no brainer to use Quill.

#3732 4 years ago

I finally got to dive back into my premium after over a year (like I've told others, it's kept in a locked room at my buddy's house until I get a house), and man, was it fun. I definitely have to update the code because Groot's mouth wasn't working perfectly at all times with the ball lock, but other than that issue I really couldn't find any faults in it. It's like Metallica but the theme is way better. I'm surprised this game doesn't have higher ratings overall.

#3733 4 years ago

Few Orb protectors left..

Let me know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector

5CF57985-DBE5-4E0C-A7D1-67F5203F5381 (resized).jpeg5CF57985-DBE5-4E0C-A7D1-67F5203F5381 (resized).jpeg7406A866-C58E-498E-8084-80AEF9013D4C (resized).jpeg7406A866-C58E-498E-8084-80AEF9013D4C (resized).jpeg
#3734 4 years ago

I cant seem to get cherrybomb multiball and i halfway complete 4 of the missions and a groot multiball? What else do i need to do? I thought that was it

#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

I cant seem to get cherrybomb multiball and i halfway complete 4 of the missions and a groot multiball? What else do i need to do? I thought that was it

You have to complete 4 missions. Don't need Groot or Orb multiball. After completing 4 missions, you have to shoot it in the scoop to start and then the mayhem begins.

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

You have to complete 4 missions. The missions cannot be Groot or Orb. Once you have the 4 missions completed, the scoop light will be red. Shoot the scoop and cherrybomb multiball will start.

#3737 4 years ago

Damn ok. I will work on it. Thanks

#3738 4 years ago

The orb protector looks great, but why do you pitch this false scarcity "few left" crap? It's every post with you. And when you run out you just create more.

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The orb protector looks great, but why do you pitch this false scarcity "few left" crap? It's every post with you. And when you run out you just create more.

No scarcity crap, just a few left. I don’t own laser and guy doing this for me is a favor. He lets me know when and if he can do - right now I am on a 3 month hold by him. What he does for me is filler work at a significantly reduced rate so I can price at a reasonable rate.

Nothing lasts forever on a good deal!

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No scarcity crap, just a few left. I don’t own laser and guy doing this for me is a favor. He lets me know when and if he can do - right now I am on a 3 month hold by him. What he does for me is filler work at a significantly reduced rate so I can price at a reasonable rate.
Nothing lasts forever on a good deal!

Gotcha! Shouldn't have been so cranky. Bump for Orb protector product.

#3741 4 years ago

Well it's been a year and this game doesn't resonate with me. I do think it is a great game but you can't have them all.
Will consider trades on titles listed in add.

Recently installed Cleland Sound Mod - optional factory can be restored in a minute.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79773

#3742 4 years ago

is 200 plays the first week alot? lol asking for a friend. At what point is HUO not believable anymore? 5000 plays? lol

#3743 4 years ago

better put on at least 5800ish plays on it so you can say you got your money's worth

#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

better put on at least 5800ish plays on it so you can say you got your money's worth

haha very true. i cant wait to buy another pin honestly. i want a about 5 total so i have some selection.

#3745 4 years ago

Anyone have links to some nice replacement apron cards for this game? Thanks.

#3746 4 years ago

Www.pinballcards.com has a few nice sets.

#3747 4 years ago

has anyone else noticed that after a couple hundred plays my left slingshot doesnt seem like it reacts the same as it was. it comes down the right side after the skill shot and before it would hit the sling and bounce to the left flipper and now i find it alot of times hitting the right sling and bouncing more to the end of the right flipper or dtm because u are expecting it to bounce to the left flipper?

#3748 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Anyone have links to some nice replacement apron cards for this game? Thanks.

I printed some Hubble telescope pictures for my apron from here
http://hubblesite.org/image/4150/gallery

looks great.

#3749 4 years ago

Hey all, just jumping in the mix. Got my GOTG PRO last night, my first new pin and first Stern. Immediately I have the Orb Drop target issue, but I saw a few post here how to fix it. Thanks!!! Love the Topper and Groot pull...

Wondering if I can add the ORB motor to the PRO version?

Photo May 22, 12 34 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 22, 12 34 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 23, 5 43 42 AM (resized).jpgPhoto May 23, 5 43 42 AM (resized).jpg
#3750 4 years ago
Quoted from spiwrx:

Hey all, just jumping in the mix. Got my GOTG PRO last night, my first new pin and first Stern. Immediately I have the Orb Drop target issue, but I saw a few post here how to fix it. Thanks!!! Love the Topper and Groot pull..

Welcome to the club!

Adding a couple small washers worked for me. See the Stern Star Trek drop target fix video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/75?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.