IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 170.
#3651 4 years ago

No issues with raising playfield, they were installed by prior owner,iirc they are held in place by small screws with washers just out of view with the playfield in playing position

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

No issues with raising playfield, they were installed by prior owner,iirc they are held in place by small screws with washers just out of view with the playfield in playing position

Thanks for the info!

#3653 4 years ago

Most of the times, mirror blades are screwed at the bottom of the mirror in the side of the machine, the top is just taped. I have these in all my machines. They are great. You have to be carefull when lifting the playfield, there are protectors blades sold that help prevent scratches.

#3654 4 years ago

Does hitting the upgrade scoop during Yaka Arrow actually do anything? No extra inserts seem to light up.

#3655 4 years ago

Every time I play I like more. It is becoming one of my favorites.

20190422_165100 (resized).jpg20190422_165100 (resized).jpg
#3656 4 years ago

Hi All

Went to play my GOTGLE and got ORB Multiball

The ORB didn’t open- went to test and motor doesn’t work-

I have barely played the game TBH from NIB and got to ORB Multiball a couple of times..
I traced the motor wire back to a small board but don’t know if it’s working as no lights on it..
How do I test the motor, board etc

Thanks

#3657 4 years ago

Fixed it.. not sure how- unplugged the connector from small board and plugged back in again

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does hitting the upgrade scoop during Yaka Arrow actually do anything? No extra inserts seem to light up.

there are are some modes where you will not get extra shots lit after a scoop shot, just the upgrade points, of the top of my head I think sanctuary, kyln, yaka and broker, , quill scoop gives you a progress bar but just moves the other 2 lit shots around the playfield

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Every time I play I like more. It is becoming one of my favorites.
[quoted image]

you are playing the wrong machine then!

#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

estás jugando la máquina equivocada entonces!

Negative.It is my friend, I am the one who makes the photograph ...jajaja

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Went to play my GOTGLE and got ORB Multiball
The ORB didn’t open- went to test and motor doesn’t work-

Some people had problems with the orb lock. Including me. Talk with Stern. They offered to send me a reworked assembly if I sent mine in. After talking with them, I was able to fix mine by bending the release actuator to make it closer to the coil. So I didn’t need to send mine in. There’s also a test in the menus for the orb.

#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Some people had problems with the orb lock. Including me. Talk with Stern. They offered to send me a reworked assembly if I sent mine in. After talking with them, I was able to fix mine by bending the release actuator to make it closer to the coil. So I didn’t need to send mine in. There’s also a test in the menus for the orb.

He’s not referring to the physical ball lock. But the orb toy that opens and closes on premium/LE

#3663 4 years ago

Joined the club with a pro tonight. Such a fun pin.

05DEB210-277D-409A-84AD-09F5AB868180 (resized).jpeg05DEB210-277D-409A-84AD-09F5AB868180 (resized).jpeg
#3664 4 years ago

Make sure to grab one - before they are gone! Protector your orbit plastic which tends breaks on back left side with out it!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector

6BAA729C-CBC9-4B6A-8AC3-A43F54CFEE9F (resized).jpeg6BAA729C-CBC9-4B6A-8AC3-A43F54CFEE9F (resized).jpeg7E3A4B42-1420-43B9-8AC3-29FB7DE8839D (resized).jpeg7E3A4B42-1420-43B9-8AC3-29FB7DE8839D (resized).jpeg
#3665 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Make sure to grab one - before they are gone! Protector your orbit plastic which tends breaks on back left side with out it!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the same for Pro and Premium?

#3666 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Is this the same for Pro and Premium?

Yep

#3667 4 years ago

Anyone having problems with cracking audio or better yet anyone know how to solve it? It happens during antiquities every time, sounds like the bottom cab speaker. I hear it a few other places but antiquities really stands out.

I'm also having a problem that groot takes more than one attempt to clear 3 balls from the lock. Any ideas on fixing that as well?

#3668 4 years ago

I think by design groot releases 2 or 3 balls and then maybe 5 seconds later releases the last ball,is that what you are seeing?

No help on the audio,running stock or Cleland update?

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think by design groot releases 2 or 3 balls and then maybe 5 seconds later releases the last ball,is that what you are seeing?

My groot seems to puke all the balls together, maybe a fraction of a second between each other. Perhaps is just a single pulse of the coil. Did you check in the menu if there is a setting for eject strength here?

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I'll check into the eject strength but I looked once before and didn't notice one. I have changed shooter lane and trough lower. A few times it has ejected 3-4 on a single attempt but usually it's 1-2. I've also had failed attempts where it's fired but nothing came out. Once it failed, ejected 1 ball, failed, ejected 2 balls. Took nearly 20 seconds to get the 2nd and third balls out into groot multiball.

Running Cleland code, sound crackling isn't as noticeable if volume is at 1 or 2. If it's 3+ it starts to be noticeable. If it's up at 5-7 when I have people over/music going it's Very noticeable.

Here's some photos of the mods I've done so far. Flipper art appears to have chipped after only 50 games, but others have been fine so far.

IMG_20190429_215937 (resized).jpgIMG_20190429_215937 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190429_214652 (1) (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190429_214652 (1) (resized).jpg
#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from MrPoppins:

Running Cleland code, sound crackling isn't as noticeable if volume is at 1 or 2. If it's 3+ it starts to be noticeable. If it's up at 5-7 when I have people over/music going it's Very noticeable.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you set the Speech Attenuation between -15 to -25 per cleland recommendation?

My Groot will always launch 3 balls then the second two if on the second multiball. I'd suggest you might have a mechanical problem and would make sure everything in that mech is tight and properly aligned, make sure it moves freely, etc.

#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you set the Speech Attenuation between -15 to -25 per cleland recommendation?
My Groot will always launch 3 balls then the second two if on the second multiball. I'd suggest you might have a mechanical problem and would make sure everything in that mech is tight and properly aligned, make sure it moves freely, etc.

Speech Attenuation is at -19. Mech moves without resistance or binding that I could tell but I'm not sure if when energized if that changes anything. I didn't see anything that stood out as 'adjust here' for it not firing balls. Maybe a bad coil but I'd think others would have seen the issue as well for that.

#3673 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to set a maintenance reminder at so many plays in the settings. I have a data east TMNT and it has the option to set the plays for maintenance and then the credit dot pops up. Can you do this on sterns?

#3674 4 years ago

May be a stupid question but has anyone removed the groot arms from their premium/le? I have a fairly good deal available to me to pick up a premium but the groot arms kinda turn me off lol

#3675 4 years ago

Picking up a pro nib in an hour!

#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

May be a stupid question but has anyone removed the groot arms from their premium/le? I have a fairly good deal available to me to pick up a premium but the groot arms kinda turn me off lol

They are removed from the LE on route at my local spot, game looks and plays fine without them.

#3677 4 years ago

I would like to buy some original groot arm if they serve for the professional

#3678 4 years ago

Does someone sell their arms?

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I would like to buy some original groot arm if they serve for the professional

Quoted from mannymasy:

Does someone sell their arms?

They are in stock at $80 each at Marcos

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9987-00

Keep in mind there are differences in Plastics to accommodate the mounting of these between a Pro vs Premium

#3680 4 years ago

In the club!

20190502_143330 (resized).jpg20190502_143330 (resized).jpg
#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Están en stock a $ 80 cada uno en Marcos
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9987-00
Tenga en cuenta que hay diferencias en los plásticos para adaptarse al montaje de estos entre Pro vs Premium

Thank you, I thought you were out of existence

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Thank you, I thought you were out of existence

Yep, still around....once I get my JJPOTC sold I’ll be on a hunt for a GOTG Premium of my own!

#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

It's amazing how tastes differ...I literally ordered the premium because I had to have the arms; it's such a cool feature in my opinion. But yes, I can understand why people don't like them.

I'm also happy to say that I briefly considered selling my premium to make room for Alien, but nobody showed interest over the past two days, so I'm keeping it...saves me the trouble of buying another premium in the future (I would have really missed it if it had sold).

#3684 4 years ago

Hi

Ive got my GotG since 2 weeks and love it. I installed a pf protector, green LEDs behind the backboard for the ramps and a convolux set in yellow. As next i will print print out Ronans hammer and the orb witch will open & close. Where i could need some help from a premium or LE owner: I would like to print Groots hands from a scan of the original ones. I would make them smaller and change a bit so they dont cover that much of the pf. Ofcourse i would share the stl. to the comunity. Can anybody help?
Greets

#3685 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

In the club!
[quoted image]

nice line up ! it is probably futile but I am trying to limit myself to 2( ok I might go up to 3) in the man cave due to space concerns and the fact I would be spending 5 hours a day playing pinball if I had more machines!

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

nice line up ! it is probably futile but I am trying to limit myself to 2( ok I might go up to 3) in the man cave due to space concerns.

You would be hard pressed to find someone on here that hasn’t said the exact same thing.

It would be impossible though to find someone here who has stood by those words and not found more space for more pins

You will be at 3-5 games by Xmas, you might as well give into it now

#3687 4 years ago

My wife and I always wanted one of these, but the lack of songs and voices kept us from getting it. Now I hear there's a sound mod for it (Cleland I think) and I can't find anyone local who has one with it installed. I found a quick video like 1 minute long on youtube, but it's not enough. Are there any good long streams or youtube videos with this mod installed?

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I always wanted one of these, but the lack of songs and voices kept us from getting it. Now I hear there's a sound mod for it (Cleland I think) and I can't find anyone local who has one with it installed. I found a quick video like 1 minute long on youtube, but it's not enough. Are there any good long streams or youtube videos with this mod installed?

There is a thread for the sound mod, but from what I hear nobody can post a long video for it because the youtube copyright filters catch them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

There is a thread for the sound mod, but from what I hear nobody can post a long video for it because the youtube copyright filters catch them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/

Lame. Maybe a Twitch stream then?

#3690 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Lame. Maybe a Twitch stream then?

Someone in here or in the sound mod post might be willing to do so. Sorry, that's not my area of expertise.

But generally speaking, the consensus about Cleland's mod is that it is amazing. There are a few different versions out there. I've been running Cleland's version since it came out and love it.

#3691 4 years ago

Question, should the magnet insert light be lit any time its active? Mine doesnt always light when its active

#3692 4 years ago

Love this machine! It’s very complex from a rule set perspective or am I nuts? I’m having a little trouble getting anything close to a decent score. Star Wars for example I can score a billion rather frequently. On this sometimes I’m under ten million!

#3693 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Love this machine! It’s very complex from a rule set perspective or am I nuts? I’m having a little trouble getting anything close to a decent score. Star Wars for example I can score a billion rather frequently. On this sometimes I’m under ten million!

Start out with Yaka Arrow. Finish Yaka and get a couple balls in groot, then start Pod Chase or Knowhere before getting groot multiball. You can get close to 50 million just by finishing Yaka Arrow. Try to finish the second mod without using the Hadron enforcer...I try to save that for Sanctuary since it doesn't save progress on that one if the mode times out. Mode 4 is kind of a tossup at that point, but when you finish it, hit the scoop when it is flashing red and then rack up the big points in Cherry Multiball.

#3694 4 years ago

joined the club. waiting for my machine to get delivered to my house. first pin also...

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

joined the club. waiting for my machine to get delivered to my house. first pin also...

Enjoy!! It's a great game.

#3696 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

Congrats! I picked my gotg up a few weeks ago. Great pin. Won’t be long till you add #2 I’m betting.

#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Start out with Yaka Arrow. Finish Yaka and get a couple balls in groot, then start Pod Chase or Knowhere before getting groot multiball. You can get close to 50 million just by finishing Yaka Arrow. Try to finish the second mod without using the Hadron enforcer...I try to save that for Sanctuary since it doesn't save progress on that one if the mode times out. Mode 4 is kind of a tossup at that point, but when you finish it, hit the scoop when it is flashing red and then rack up the big points in Cherry Multiball.

I also like to start with Yaka Arrow. I love it when I can finish Yaka Arrow, time lighting a shot multiplier with the Gamora ramp, combo the ramp into Yondu and collect 60M in Yaka Arrow 2. I usually go for Antiquities Shop next since it is relatively easy to finish (ripping the spinners helps), then Pod Chase (usually with Groot MB) followed by Sanctuary.

#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

Awesome! I just ordered this today from Cointaker. Also my first pin. Very excited, I love this game.

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

(ripping the spinners helps)

No spinners for us humble pro owners. Agreed that it's a decent plan for the second mode unless you have MB ready and then I prefer one of the longer ones like Knowhere or Pod Chase. I haven't ever tried Sanctuary in MB though, I wonder if that would work out well or not?

#3700 4 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Congrats! I picked my gotg up a few weeks ago. Great pin. Won’t be long till you add #2 I’m betting.

oh we definetly have a list.. Addams family is my #1 but i wanted a brand new pin for the first machine. The wife wants funhouse and nightmare on elm street. i know i know, we have expensive taste, but there is a reason people love those games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/74?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.