IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 171.
#3601 5 years ago

had an unusual thing happen last night, playing escape from kiln mode, and through no skill or intent of my own hit the rocket shot 3 times in a row rapid fire like, so now down to one last shot to complete mode which is always the rocket shot but this time the groot shot was lit and I hit it to complete mode!

bug or program feature?

#3602 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the front vinyl of the pro version? the transport agency damages it but is not responsible, in Europe I can not find it

20190401_132835 (resized).jpg20190401_132835 (resized).jpg
#3603 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Does anyone know where I can buy the front vinyl of the pro version? the transport agency damages it but is not responsible, in Europe I can not find it
[quoted image]

I would contact stern. They will likely send you a new one if it was damaged in transport.

#3604 5 years ago

I agree with @TomGWI, call Stern, but it looks like nothing is missing from the artwork on the damaged piece. So in the meantime, you could carefully put a small dab of glue behind the piece that lifted, lay it back down and clamp it til dry.

#3605 5 years ago

I bought it second hand not from a distributor.
the gentleman who sold it to me offered to pay for the new vinyl but I can not find where to buy it

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I bought it second hand not from a distributor.
the gentleman who sold it to me offered to pay for the new vinyl but I can not find where to buy it

Your best bet is to still contact Stern about it.

#3607 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

had an unusual thing happen last night, playing escape from kiln mode, and through no skill or intent of my own hit the rocket shot 3 times in a row rapid fire like, so now down to one last shot to complete mode which is always the rocket shot but this time the groot shot was lit and I hit it to complete mode!
bug or program feature?

Groot is always one of the shots. You get all the lanes, Groot, and the rest with Rocket and/or Hadron.

#3608 5 years ago

But to complete the mode the last shot is always rocket, it was weird for groot to be lit to complete the mode

#3609 5 years ago

I snagged a premium when the game was released and only got to play it for about 30 minutes. It's since been kept safe and sound at my buddy's locked game storage room until I buy a house with room for my games. Talk about torture; I'm not sure how his wife is so cool to let him store my stuff. I look forward to actually playing it and reading through all of these posts after I dive in. I'm not sure why the game is rated a bit higher on the top 100 pins list...it's definitely a blast.

#3610 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I snagged a premium when the game was released and only got to play it for about 30 minutes. It's since been kept safe and sound at my buddy's locked game storage room until I buy a house with room for my games. Talk about torture; I'm not sure how his wife is so cool to let him store my stuff. I look forward to actually playing it and reading through all of these posts after I dive in. I'm not sure why the game is rated a bit higher on the top 100 pins list...it's definitely a blast.

Make sure you update that code! LOL!

#3611 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

But to complete the mode the last shot is always rocket, it was weird for groot to be lit to complete the mode

Why does Rocket have to complete the mode? Isn't it just X number of shots? Maybe you had not hit Groot yet and when you did, you were down to just 1 shot. I'd have to take the glass off to test.

#3612 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Why does Rocket have to complete the mode? Isn't it just X number of shots? Maybe you had not hit Groot yet and when you did, you were down to just 1 shot. I'd have to take the glass off to test.

I've never seen it NOT be Rocket to complete the mode but of course I try to avoid that shot until I have to hit it, I think the rulesheet I read said it's always the final shot too but that could be erroneous.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've never seen it NOT be Rocket to complete the mode but of course I try to avoid that shot until I have to hit it, I think the rulesheet I read said it's always the final shot too but that could be erroneous.

It's one of those risk/reward shots I try to avoid. I usually go for Yaka, Pod Chase, Knowhere and then Sanctuary first. Then Antiquities if I am still going. None of those require that dangerous shot

#3614 5 years ago

I always thought by design the risky rocket shot is always the last shot to complete the mode, I will try with the glass off and see if a certain number of rocket hits changes that.

My latest strategy is to start with a harder mode to complete fully such as kyln, or sanctuary , if I can get them and 1/2 way through quills in one or two balls I have a fair chance of getting to immolation and beyond .( sometimes!!) .

more than once I have gotten to just the rocket shot on kyln to get to zander and failed in a variety of ways!

#3615 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Make sure you update that code! LOL!

I definitely will update the code...haha.

#3616 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I always thought by design the risky rocket shot is always the last shot to complete the mode, I will try with the glass off and see if a certain number of rocket hits changes that.
My latest strategy is to start with a harder mode to complete fully such as kyln, or sanctuary , if I can get them and 1/2 way through quills in one or two balls I have a fair chance of getting to immolation and beyond .( sometimes!!) .
more than once I have gotten to just the rocket shot on kyln to get to zander and failed in a variety of ways!

You need to return to Kyln before then, don't save it for last. Having Hadron can be critical to complete Kyln and Sanctuary. So if you have a reserve, pick those modes.

#3617 5 years ago

I don't like how the timers don't stop during multiball start intros. However, I discovered you can cancel out of them. So it kind of sucks but that's the trade-off. Either enjoy the movie clip and take a break, or skip it and save the valuable mode time.

#3618 5 years ago

One of the genius parts of the code is that you cant use a hadron to get the last rocket shot. as well you cant use them during sanctuary at all as far as I remember

How do you cancel out the mutiball intro's?

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

One of the genius parts of the code is that you cant use a hadron to get the last rocket shot. as well you cant use them during sanctuary at all as far as I remember
How do you cancel out the mutiball intro's?

Well that does make it tricky! I guess then try to stack these with Orb or Groot mb.

Press both flipper buttons to cancel intro.

#3620 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I don't like how the timers don't stop during multiball start intros.

The timers never stop. The mystery run-throughs, and even the upgrade clips, are a serious waste of time. I cancel every extraneous clip just to save a few seconds for each mode.

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The timers never stop. The mystery run-throughs, and even the upgrade clips, are a serious waste of time. I cancel every extraneous clip just to save a few seconds for each mode.

It does kinda suck, however I think they should keep it that way for Lock animations (cancel-able to save some time) so that you kind have some penalty for going after them during modes. They should pause the timers on Upgrade and Mystery (that Mystery animation can take for ever) in my opinion though.

#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It does kinda suck, however I think they should keep it that way for Lock animations (cancel-able to save some time) so that you kind have some penalty for going after them during modes. They should pause the timers on Upgrade and Mystery (that Mystery animation can take for ever) in my opinion though.

They can't do that without altering the clips as well. Each mode clip is exactly the same length as the amount of time you get for the mode. If they pause the mode timer, the clip would run out before the timer. That would leave you with nothing left for part of the mode, unless they just restart the clip. Not an impossible problem to fix, but I don't think they are concerned with it.

I'll be surprised if GotG gets any more attention. The rules are pretty good now, and the scoring has been evened out.

#3623 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

They can't do that without altering the clips as well. Each mode clip is exactly the same length as the amount of time you get for the mode. If they pause the mode timer, the clip would run out before the timer. That would leave you with nothing left for part of the mode, unless they just restart the clip. Not an impossible problem to fix, but I don't think they are concerned with it.
I'll be surprised if GotG gets any more attention. The rules are pretty good now, and the scoring has been evened out.

How do they handle "add more time" as a mystery award then?

#3624 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

How do they handle "add more time" as a mystery award then?

I've only ever gotten "add time" when something else is running besides/along with a mode. For instance, double scoring is on...either thru Rampage or locking balls in Groot during his MB, etc. The extra time is added to that feature. I've never gotten "add time" as an award when just in a mode with nothing else going on. I can't say that it's definitive, but I've never seen a mode timer being increased.

#3625 5 years ago

i have never thought "add time" did anything !

#3626 5 years ago

it's right up there with" special" and " big points"

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

it's right up there with" special" and " big points"

In the latest code, Big Points is 10M...isn't it? I agree, "Special" is a wasted insert. Doesn't do anything!

#3628 5 years ago

10 M ,does it just add it onto the score ? I have never noticed

#3629 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

i have never thought "add time" did anything !

Increases the timer for your mode I'm pretty sure, but I'm really not sure I've ever seen it when just in a regular mode either....hmmmm.

#3630 5 years ago

What is your go to strategy for this game?

#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What is your go to strategy for this game?

I have my game set to start a mode on the plunge, so my steps are below.

1) start a mode and finish it (while ball save is on...open orb and lock first ball)...I don't do Quill's because points are much bigger after a few modes are completed. I don't do Kyln, as I only start that when a multiball is one shot away.
2) while not in a mode, get Groot to final lock ready (any time the orb is open from a random hit...lock the second ball).
3) before locking third ball in Groot (or orb if it's open and ready) shoot the scoop and start a mode.
4) start Groot MB and finish it and the current mode
5) orb should be ready for third lock by now (if not get it ready)...start new mode and then start orb
6) finish orb and current mode
7) rinse, repeat with Groot, orb and modes. Try not to be in one without another.
8) if you're getting close to II, just qualify last few modes instead of trying to finish them.

This is obviously harder said than done, but it's my basic strategy. I get deep into the game on a regular basis using this. The game will let you qualify modes and time them out for safety, but where is the fun in that. I've often finished everything and started II and SX back to back.

#3632 5 years ago

Making another run of these protectors....let me know if interested- save your orbit plastics!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector

48733AF5-772E-4552-BE0C-A9B370CA9C86 (resized).jpeg48733AF5-772E-4552-BE0C-A9B370CA9C86 (resized).jpeg
#3633 5 years ago

A few of these left, I painted this one clear orange over the raw aluminum and it didn't work well, so I cleaned it with acetone and got all of it off and repainted it with black sparkle paint them hit it with a few coats of gloss clear.

This is the only one in this color, I just saw the paint at Home Depot and figured why not.

I'm asking $160 + $20 shipping on this one. Let me know if you are interested.

56431031_328586001342676_6577481945532334080_n (resized).jpg56431031_328586001342676_6577481945532334080_n (resized).jpg56462524_1068189746638552_720272857422102528_n (resized).jpg56462524_1068189746638552_720272857422102528_n (resized).jpg56571155_169886677244816_5678784898115043328_n (resized).jpg56571155_169886677244816_5678784898115043328_n (resized).jpg
#3634 5 years ago

Hello All

I just picked up Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) brand new and love it. I have an issue I am seeing with the lockdown bar button. If both clamps for the lockdown bar are pulled down the button does not work at all. Just unclipping the clamps relieves enough pressure that the button works. This is my first stern game with the lockdown button and I investigated the switch and it looks good. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this with their stern game.

Thank you

#3635 5 years ago

SPECIAL doesn't matter when you are playing at home on FREE PLAY but if you are playing on route, it's worth a replay!

Quoted from sethi_i:

In the latest code, Big Points is 10M...isn't it? I agree, "Special" is a wasted insert. Doesn't do anything!

#3636 5 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Hello All
I just picked up Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) brand new and love it. I have an issue I am seeing with the lockdown bar button. If both clamps for the lockdown bar are pulled down the button does not work at all. Just unclipping the clamps relieves enough pressure that the button works. This is my first stern game with the lockdown button and I investigated the switch and it looks good. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this with their stern game.
Thank you

The metal part of the switch is probably just bent up too much. Bend it down toward the switch a bit at a time and re-test until the button works with the lockdown bar latched.

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The metal part of the switch is probably just bent up too much. Bend it down toward the switch a bit at a time and re-test until the button works with the lockdown bar latched.

I had a similar problem, and that's what I had to do.

#3638 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I had a similar problem, and that's what I had to do.

Thanks for the heads up. I tried this and thought I bent it down quite a bit but still seeing the same issue. I may not be bending it enough. I am glad to see other people have seen this.

#3639 5 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Thanks for the heads up. I tried this and thought I bent it down quite a bit but still seeing the same issue. I may not be bending it enough. I am glad to see other people have seen this.

Take the lockdown bar off and take a picture of the switch from an angle so I can see what you're dealing with. This is not an uncommon problem, and the fix is usually easy.

#3640 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Take the lockdown bar off and take a picture of the switch from an angle so I can see what you're dealing with. This is not an uncommon problem, and the fix is usually easy.

I was out of town this weekend, I will try to figure this out tonight and update you. If not I will take a pic so we can try to figure it out.

Thank you

#3641 5 years ago

I'll be joining the club during Allentown.

Just wondering who has added mirror blades and how they think they look. Can anyone post a pic or two?

Thanks!!

#3642 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190417-123442_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123442_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123452_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123452_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123457_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123457_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123501_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190417-123501_Gallery (resized).jpg
#3644 5 years ago

It's really such a beautiful machine. I had to go with the Premium when I ordered just because I think Groot's arms make the playfield incredible, but man, the Pro still looks mighty sweet.

#3645 5 years ago

I have been an owner for a short time but I really like this machine, it's very funny

20190417_123753 (resized).jpg20190417_123753 (resized).jpg
#3646 5 years ago

I have it for 2 weeks only

#3647 5 years ago

I tried searching for this but couldn't find any info on the forums or elsewhere. Is it normal during and for some time after Antiquities Shop 2 (Super switches) for all lights in the game to flicker and make a zapping noise every time a switch is hit? It struck me as odd the first time it happened but since that post-mode is switch themed I chalked it up to being normal. Clearly though a little voice in the back of my head is still questioning it.

#3648 5 years ago

It is normal

#3649 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I'll be joining the club during Allentown.
Just wondering who has added mirror blades and how they think they look. Can anyone post a pic or two?
Thanks!!

enjoy it when you get it! , here are some closer pics of mirror blades , machine looks really nice with them IMHO

gotgmirleft (resized).jpggotgmirleft (resized).jpggotgmright (resized).jpggotgmright (resized).jpg
#3650 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

enjoy it when you get it! , here are some closer pics of mirror blades , machine looks really nice with them IMHO
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics!

How did you mount them? Any issues when raising or lowering the playfield?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/73?hl=smcclain65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.