IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 171.
#3501 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

I have an older Energy 10” sub sitting around. It’s powered and was near $300 back in the day ( + - 10 yrs ago). Thing is brand new. Only used it about 6 months. Can you hook up ANY powered sub to this game with alligator clips? Would prob shake my house if I did

As long as the sub has speaker level inputs, it's that easy, yes. If the sub only accepts RCA style inputs, you need a line out converter

#3502 5 years ago

Since there is still lots of discussion about adding subwoofers on pinball machines I'm going to throw out my two cents again. Hopefully this helps someone. These are just my opinions. Take em or leave em.

It is a very bad idea to connect alligator clips on any part of a pinball machine whether you are adding speaker wire or a mod. Pinball machines shake rattle vibrate, especially if you have a shaker installed. Alligator clips will fall off. It's ALWAYS better to hardwire any connection on a pin.

Furthermore, adding a subwoofer via speaker wire directly connected to a cabinet speaker is the less efficient way to go and it actually affects the audio output of the cabinet speaker.
The vast majority of powered subwoofers have low level inputs that will provide the least distortion, the least hum, the least problems. Connecting a pinnovators sub out board on a Stern game is very simple and provides a clean low level line out to connect to your subwoofer's low level input. Super easy. No cutting wires. No soldering.
Connecting a subwoofer to JJP and API games is even easier than that. Because you can just Y off of the audio out port on the computer. No board to purchase. Easy.
Like I said, hope this helps someone.

Junky

#3503 5 years ago

What is happening here??

Single player game, played through the entire round. Even put up a mediocre highs score.

Has anyone seen this before?

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

What is happening here??
Single player game, played through the entire round. Even put up a mediocre highs score.

Yes, I think we've all seen it before but if not fixed at least it happens much rarer on the newer code releases, what version are you running?

#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

What is happening here??

Lol, how about that. I saw that on my machine a few days ago. But, since it's a new machine for me, I had no clue it was abnormal. I'm running Cleland 1.06 on mine.

#3506 5 years ago

yes that happens when you hit start when its not fully booted up

#3507 5 years ago

i have my LE up for sale. Save the tax and delivery if you are local to NJ. Feel free to make an offer. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70473

#3508 5 years ago

Have there been any major changes to manufacturing in the last 6 months? I've located one for sell but I thought Stern made changes for more recent machines for plastics and other things but I can't find the post anymore.

#3509 5 years ago

Okay. I need some help. Totally new to Stern ownership. Have had very few issues with EATPM.

I fixed the drop target using the ST fix. Yay!

Today I had two issues pop up:
#1 The auto-launcher isn't always firing at full force. It just kinda "clicks." It seems that is I raise the play field and put it in test, it works properly. However, when I lower the playfield, it goes back to just a click. Any thoughts?

#2 While I was in the middle of a game, I heard the dreaded sound of something hitting the bottom of the cabinet. Found a small washer in the bottom of the cabinet. I triggered the Groot trough coil and a screw fell out. Anyone have idea where they might have come from before I disassemble Groot? There is nothing visibly missing from under the playfield, so I'm thinking it might be from inside Groot.

Thanks in advance for any insight y'all have!
20190307_180748 (resized).jpg20190307_180748 (resized).jpg

#3510 5 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. I need some help. Totally new to Stern ownership. Have had very few issues with EATPM.
I fixed the drop target using the ST fix. Yay!
Today I had two issues pop up:
#1 The auto-launcher isn't always firing at full force. It just kinda "clicks." It seems that is I raise the play field and put it in test, it works properly. However, when I lower the playfield, it goes back to just a click. Any thoughts?

#2 While I was in the middle of a game, I heard the dreaded sound of something hitting the bottom of the cabinet. Found a small washer in the bottom of the cabinet. I triggered the Groot trough coil and a screw fell out. Anyone have idea where they might have come from before I disassemble Groot? There is nothing visibly missing from under the playfield, so I'm thinking it might be from inside Groot.
Thanks in advance for any insight y'all have!
[quoted image]

Not sure about #1. The screw issue is probably from underneath the orb from what I have read here. I found a screw as well just like that one. I haven't replaced it. But, i seem to recall reading that the screws under the orb are known to come loose. Perhaps someone with more ownership time will have more specific knowledge.

#3511 5 years ago

Swapped out my plastic apron for an older Stern metal apron to get some powder coating done. I'm thrilled with the results so far. Rails should be ready next week

20190307_180500 (resized).jpg20190307_180500 (resized).jpg20190307_201101 (resized).jpg20190307_201101 (resized).jpg20190307_211340 (resized).jpg20190307_211340 (resized).jpg
#3512 5 years ago

Wow. That looks fantastic!

#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Wow. That looks fantastic!

Thanks!! The pictures dont do the color justice though. It's got lots of metallic flake and looks darker/lighter depending on how the light in the room hits it. I couldn't be happier.

#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Swapped out my plastic apron for an older Stern metal apron to get some powder coating done. I'm thrilled with the results so far. Rails should be ready next week
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it a straight swap out to remove a plastic apron for a metal one?

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really nice, post pics when you get the legs back, might I suggest some nicer apron cards?

#3516 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Is it a straight swap out to remove a plastic apron for a metal one?

Almost a straight swap. You have to drill holes for the 2 brackets that secure the apron in front, but it's no big deal. The only other mod is on the left lower corner of the metal apron (left side towards the start button) you will need to notch out the new metal apron to keep it from bumping the back of the start button. Do that before painting/coating. I found out after the fact.....lol

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

That looks really nice, post pics when you get the legs back, might I suggest some nicer apron cards?

Legs are on. I'm just waiting on the side rails. They didn't turn out well and are being redone

#3518 5 years ago

Who did the powder coating for you? How much was it?

#3519 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Who did the powder coating for you? How much was it?

A local company a few miles from my house does it. This is the 3rd machine they've done for me. You'll think I'm lying about the price........
To do 4 legs, lock down bar, apron, and 2 rails, as long as I'm using a color they have on hand, they're charging me $140.
Thus far I've brought them a mix of new bare metal parts, and used standard black parts. That price has included sand blasting and stripping of the parts. Thats an insanely low price, but who am i to argue. And, the quality of the work is amazing. Very few if any imperfections.
My ripleys is a hammered bronze finish, RCT is a bright red, and now Guarsians is metallic royal blue.

#3520 5 years ago

Wow. Can I send you mine? Only half way joking of course

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Wow. Can I send you mine? Only half way joking of course

I'll be talking to them Monday. I can certainly ask them if they're interested in mail order business. I bet they say no way though, due to liability and the fact that they stay covered up with business. They do lots of work for auto dealers on wheels, and lots of suspension stuff for lifted 4x4s. I am in the southeast ya' know.....lol. But seriously, I'll ask them.

#3522 5 years ago

awful quiet over here!!

I enjoyed watching some of streamed play of GOTG from the weekend STERN PRO tournament. , I pretty much always play for mode completion and trying to get to Zander but interesting to watch tactics when playing for score. a lot of groot multiballing!!!

Also was amazed at how much of the video content I have never seen while playing with my eyes glued on the playfield, I think stern could have used the video content more effectively by chopping the existing clips into shorter ones and using as a reward or to tell a story at existing pauses in the game such as mode completion/ball in scoop/ ball in orb, ball in shooter lane

some guys were wearing headphones in the tournament , to block noise or listening to their own music?

#3523 5 years ago

Hey folks I finally have my lightning bolt flasher dome covers ready and up on shapeways.com. If you want these in clear resin select fine detail or smoothest fine detail for a more clear version. Paint with Tamiya clear if you wish.

This one was white because I got it here fastest. I have a more snug version coming but I didn't know if other machines would have the same clearance.

Anyway enjoy.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/KRMFGQXJX/pinball-dome-light-mod-munsters-guardians-of-t?key=48a4bf81269030b3ef6bb1845c0fbd5c&optionId=92890123

clear Resin (resized).jpgclear Resin (resized).jpgwhite plastic (resized).jpgwhite plastic (resized).jpgmod5 (resized).jpgmod5 (resized).jpgmod6 (resized).jpgmod6 (resized).jpg
#3524 5 years ago

I’ve been pretty frustrated with this game since I’m an average player. Between the magnet not catching sometimes and throwing the ball down the left side drain, the constant left side drains, and the constant bricks from me, it will piss you off like non other. I’m going to add slim post rubbers from titan to see if that helps the constant bricks. I also watched the stern pro games and picked up a few pointers on how to handle a ball better

#3525 5 years ago

I bought mine brand new the day they came out, was my first NIB game, never had even seen the movie yet.. ya ya ,,, I know.. ! had all the metals orange flake powder coated, the colored plastic protector full set from Ulek Store, shaker motor, made my own custom art blades. and just added the polk powered sub,, which sounds fantastic! Dont play it very often, I have 25 or so games, and its fun. but I play ghostbusters and other stuff way more, the modes are two long for me,, Im not a deep player. I have a large collection and play at friends houses 2-3 times a week.. but Im still pretty much casual at playing-

gotg2 (resized).jpggotg2 (resized).jpggotg3 (resized).jpggotg3 (resized).jpggotg4 (resized).jpggotg4 (resized).jpg
#3526 5 years ago

That orange powder coat is sick! Looks awesome.

#3527 5 years ago

agree! would love to see some more pics of that powder! I've been tempted to go that route myself...but a little more towards the red spectrum.

#3528 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I’ve been pretty frustrated with this game since I’m an average player. Between the magnet not catching sometimes and throwing the ball down the left side drain, the constant left side drains, and the constant bricks from me, it will piss you off like non other. I’m going to add slim post rubbers from titan to see if that helps the constant bricks. I also watched the stern pro games and picked up a few pointers on how to handle a ball better

To help with the left side borg drains I've found it helps to *increase* the angle of the table. I ran mine at almost 7.5 for a long time. The game is fast but those side drains are far less. I really like it when it plays like that.

#3529 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

It is a challenging layout with some fairly tight shots and potential for outlane and sdtm drains with misses. a lot of fun when you are dialed in!
I would try the washer fix for the magnet if you have not done so , some have added a thicker orb right post rubber for the ball to bump off of as it leaves the orb.

OF course move the outlane posts in and for a while I had the left outlane nerfed with a small diameter silicone ring( had a piece of post rubber as well but could not keep secured) glued to the left post wire, it made the game a lot more enjoyable and seemed fair and a consideration if you are not a hardcore competition guy . you will still get a lot of outlane drains but less than with the bare wire post . tricky to glue silicone and get it to stay , the best thing I found was a dab of liquid nails" flexbond? " in a big tube I had lying around from another project.

one of my biggest mistakes is just flipping the ball from a dodgy return and hoping for the best . bad things happen!!! , looking at the pros they do a lot more dead flips . as well hitting the orb from a right flipper cradle is a lot safer although for better or worse I many times hit it from the left flipper on the fly and just accept the occasional punishment

keep playing!

gotg rocket sling (resized).jpggotg rocket sling (resized).jpg
#3530 5 years ago

Nudging and slap saving when you get near the slings helps a lot.

#3532 5 years ago

Thinking about adding a Pro to my collection. Have not followed the game much since it was released and everyone complained about code being so bad poor movie integration and just a few songs...Has there been recent code updates?...Seems the game is popular now. Thx for any insight.

#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking about adding a Pro to my collection. Have not followed the game much since it was released and everyone complained about code being so bad poor movie integration and just a few songs...Has there been recent code updates?...Seems the game is popular now. Thx for any insight.

The code is pretty good now. Do the cleland sound mod and the pin is great. If you can swing it I’d get a premium. The light show is 100x better.

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

If you can't get a Premium GotG, I wouldn't bother. The Pro is not great.

#3535 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you can't get a Premium GotG, I wouldn't bother. The Pro is not great.

I disagree. I love the Pro. Considerably more value than the Premium.

#3536 5 years ago

I’m bias but I agree. What more does the premium have? Another magnet and some different color lights? Is that worth the extra 1500 dollars? Not in my opinion but to each his own

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I’m bias but I agree. What more does the premium have? Another magnet and some different color lights? Is that worth the extra 1500 dollars? Not in my opinion but to each his own

You're significantly under-reporting the differences

RGB lighting (which makes a significant difference in the light show)
two more magnets
the moving orb mech
powder coated metal arch instead of plastic on the Pro
multi-color GI lighting (not RGB, just a smattering of static extra colors that change the GI mood lighting)
2 spinners

I don't think the Groot arms are really that great, but that's an extra, too.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I disagree. I love the Pro. Considerably more value than the Premium.

That would depend on what you value. I value the experience of play, and the Pro GotG is lacking compared to the Premium.

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

two more magnets
the moving orb mech
multi-color GI lighting (not RGB, just a smattering of static extra colors that change the GI mood lighting)
2 spinners

That would depend on what you value. I value the experience of play, and the Pro GotG is lacking compared to the Premium.

Premium has the MUCH needed service rails too. I absolutely had to add them on my Pro. Those pegs suck. I do love my Pro. It plays fantastically. However it is my very first Stern Pro. I've only bought premiums before. Lately I've been thinking of selling this Pro and buying a premium. I normally do go for all the extra bells and whistles.

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

two more magnets
the moving orb mech
2 spinners

Premium has the MUCH needed service rails too. I absolutely had to add them on my Pro. Those pegs suck. I do love my Pro. It plays fantastically. However it is my very first Stern Pro. I've only bought premiums before. Lately I've been thinking of selling this Pro and buying a premium. I normally do go for all the extra bells and whistles.

This and this. X100

#3540 5 years ago

I can't see the premium providing $1500 more value to me. The Groot hands drive me crazy. Spinners would be nice, but meh... Different strokes for different folks.

85f4a2d (resized).jpg85f4a2d (resized).jpg
#3541 5 years ago

^^^Oh, that's just wrong! LOL

I have only had my premium for just over two weeks and I absolutely love it. I think the extras are worth the money. I'll second all the benefits as everyone has already listed as pluses. It doesn't hurt that purple is my favorite color, either! The left Groot arm does block the view of the Ronan arrow, but you get used to it.

Being that the game play is the same on both machines, it all comes down to personal preference. Get what you want and have fun!

#3542 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I can't see the premium providing $1500 more value to me. The Groot hands drive me crazy. Spinners would be nice, but meh... Different strokes for different folks.[quoted image]

So you don’t like light shows, service rails, metal arch, etc either?

#3543 5 years ago

Oh, right, totally forgot about those, and they are IMPORTANT. The Pro service pegs suck.

#3544 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So you don’t like light shows, service rails, metal arch, etc either?

Not for $1500. For $1500 extra, I'd rather have bought a Dialed In. I never really understood the service rail hangup... I rarely use them when working on a machine when it does have them. I'd rather have the PF tilted against the backbox. Metal arch? How often do you really notice the arch? Like I said, different strokes for different folks. A used GOTG pro is one of the best value machines out there right now...and people are finally starting to realize it.

#3545 5 years ago

Buy GOTG LE and get it all!

#3546 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Not for $1500. For $1500 extra, I'd rather have bought a Dialed In. I never really understood the service rail hangup... I rarely use them when working on a machine when it does have them. I'd rather have the PF tilted against the backbox. Metal arch? How often do you really notice the arch? Like I said, different strokes for different folks. A used GOTG pro is one of the best value machines out there right now...and people are finally starting to realize it.

Dialed in is a lot more than $1500 extra over a pro GOTG. It’s like double that.

#3547 5 years ago

Service rails 50 bux bought and installed pbl
I modded the hell out of my Gotg pro
I had enough scratch for a premium but instead
Used the extra money left over after modding my pro
to buy a flight 2000 which is a win win in my book

#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Dialed in is a lot more than $1500 extra over a pro GOT. It’s like double that.

I'm not buying NIB. Someone else can take the depreciation hit for me.

#3549 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm not buying NIB. Someone else can take the depreciation hit for me.

Used DILE is still well over $1500 more than a used GotG pro. $7800 vs $5500. Even a standard DI is like $7000 used. $6500 for used GotG premium.

#3550 5 years ago

Who said I was looking at DILE? There was a standard DI for sale near me for $6500 recently. So just stop. You like your premium, and that's great. Some of us don't see the value in the price difference. It's almost as if not everyone likes the same things as you do...shocking, I know. Or do you just like to argue with everyone? BTW, I paid $4400 for a used 12 month old GOTG Pro after nearly buying NIB. Like I said, someone else can take the $1300 bath on the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,495 (Firm)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.