IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 170.
#3451 5 years ago

I'm pretty new to this game (pro model). What's normal behavior for the magnet under the playfield. On my machine, whenever the orb releases the ball the magnet sort of "bumps" the ball and redirects it straight down the middle. Most of the time. The magnet wont catch the ball, or randomly throw the ball. Just a slight bump every time. Is that normal?

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm pretty new to this game (pro model). What's normal behavior for the magnet under the playfield. On my machine, whenever the orb releases the ball the magnet sort of "bumps" the ball and redirects it straight down the middle. Most of the time. The magnet wont catch the ball, or randomly throw the ball. Just a slight bump every time. Is that normal?

No. You might need to add a washer under the magnet to put the magnet closer to the playfield.

#3453 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No. You might need to add a washer under the magnet to put the magnet closer to the playfield.

Thanks, so how is it supposed to behave? A full catch? Or sort of a random spin? Or something else totally?

#3454 5 years ago

Full catch and sort of wiggles in place for a moment.

#3455 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Full catch and sort of wiggles in place for a moment.

Cool, I'm working on it now. Mine definitely does not catch at all...

#3456 5 years ago

I just got an huo pro. My magnet almost never caught the ball. Just adding washers didn’t solve my problem. I had to put a new post sleeve on the right hand side of the orb drop target. This is what gives the ball a slight bounce out and over the magnet. The old post sleeve on mine was maybe flattened out some? The newer thicker post sleeve gave the ball a better bounce out and over the magnet. Now it grabs and holds almost every time. If you look back around post 3307 I show a pic of difference in new post sleeve vs old post sleeve.

#3457 5 years ago

I have the same problem even after getting a replacement mechanism. Here is my solution. I have been practicing my nudging skills which are not good and if I nudge right at the release I can make it catch about 90% of the time.

#3458 5 years ago

Thanks for all the advice! I spaced up my magnet, and coincidentally put some purple superbands on my posts while I had the machine open, and it seems to be doing great now. Not sure which one was the solution, maybe a combo of both. But, I'm up and running. Thanks again

#3459 5 years ago

Few left...Orb protectors.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector#post-4860788

AF6D5834-C2C1-47D3-A442-4D5F890A39E6 (resized).pngAF6D5834-C2C1-47D3-A442-4D5F890A39E6 (resized).pngBB7D0DDF-DA0D-4BF9-9473-1EAFB1798653 (resized).pngBB7D0DDF-DA0D-4BF9-9473-1EAFB1798653 (resized).pngD2BE4DF4-39AF-47C0-A1FE-F4EA1D332CEE (resized).pngD2BE4DF4-39AF-47C0-A1FE-F4EA1D332CEE (resized).png
#3460 5 years ago

New here, this will be my first pin. I put in an order two months ago and the dealer said they are waiting for shipment but Munsters is taking up most of Sterns assembly line. Anyone else waiting too?

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from MrPoppins:

New here, this will be my first pin. I put in an order two months ago and the dealer said they are waiting for shipment but Munsters is taking up most of Sterns assembly line. Anyone else waiting too?

Welcome to the club. I guess you can take your extra time to order all the mods you want.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from MrPoppins:

Pro? Premium?

#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from MrPoppins:

There are dealers here on pinside with ads saying they have them in Stock ready to ship. After 2 months, I'd cancel my order and get one from another dealer

#3464 5 years ago

Stern has also oversold the most recent run that should release this week so it could be a while before people see games. I should know Monday or Tuesday if mine was oversold and will withdraw my money if so

#3465 5 years ago

Pro. I purchased most all nods last year, had to get the area finished for pins and as most construction hours it took longer than expected.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from MrPoppins:

Absolutely no reason to wait 2 months on a readily available Stern. Definitely cancel that order and call Joe @ pinballstar or JJ @ gameexchange

#3467 5 years ago

Pinballs.com (Automated) has them in stock as of two weeks ago.

#3468 5 years ago

I need help from the forum. I'm the proud owner of a GOTG machine (the 3rd owner of this specific machine) and the machine is working fine. The problem is with the video dialogue. The movie was rated PG-13, but the Sanctuary mode uses the "f---" word. The problem is this machine is in my home and I have small grand children who place this regularly. Therefore, I need a video dialogue that is rated PG or PG-13 and therefore does not contain the F-word. There is a "Damn" in Yaka Arrow, but I can live with that. All the voices and music sound just like the movie, but I now the PG-13 movie would not contain the F-word. Can someone please point me to or provide me with a PG-13 (or PG) version of the video dialogue? It would be great if everything else stayed the same...but I really need to change the wording in Sanctuary. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

#3469 5 years ago

I don't think I have heard that word in the audio, I will listen for it tonight

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldtimer20:

..The movie was rated PG-13, but the Sanctuary mode uses the "f---" word...

I think you're mistaken. I haven't heard any F-bombs.

I'm assuming you're running the Cleland code and he uses audio directly taken from the movies. Here's a webpage with Ronan's movie dialogue for you to compare.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Ronan_the_Accuser/Quote

Junky

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldtimer20:

I need help from the forum. I'm the proud owner of a GOTG machine (the 3rd owner of this specific machine) and the machine is working fine. The problem is with the video dialogue. The movie was rated PG-13, but the Sanctuary mode uses the "f---" word. The problem is this machine is in my home and I have small grand children who place this regularly. Therefore, I need a video dialogue that is rated PG or PG-13 and therefore does not contain the F-word. There is a "Damn" in Yaka Arrow, but I can live with that. All the voices and music sound just like the movie, but I now the PG-13 movie would not contain the F-word. Can someone please point me to or provide me with a PG-13 (or PG) version of the video dialogue? It would be great if everything else stayed the same...but I really need to change the wording in Sanctuary. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

PG13 is allowed to contain one use of the F word. So you're not looking for PG13 either then. You're looking for PG or G. That said, I haven't heard any F word in the game even using cleland code. The movie does have a censored F word, but also uses quite a few other swears.

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I don't think I have heard that word in the audio, I will listen for it tonight

I will say I have on occasion uttered that word quite loudly while playing guardians

#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I will say I have on occasion uttered that word quite loudly while playing guardians

I'm with you. I've said it a lot....haven't ever heard it. What's the specific line? I don't recall hearing an "F" in the sanctuary scene from the movie.

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm with you. I've said it a lot....haven't ever heard it. What's the specific line? I don't recall hearing an "F" in the sanctuary scene from the movie.

That's because there isn't one in there, I'm running the Cleland code and have never heard anything that sounds like an F-Bomb at all.

#3475 5 years ago

There is no F bomb in GOTG pinball...either with the stock audio or Cleland's.

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is no F bomb in GOTG pinball...either with the stock audio or Cleland's.

Yeah he might say "They got my d*ck message!" or something.

#3477 5 years ago

Haven't heard and F-bomb in either cleland or stock code. I'll be sure to be listening for it now, though.

#3478 5 years ago

Okay it must be a glitch...In Sanctuary mode the dialogue on my machine randomly says two things. Almost always during the first or first few games I play starting with Sanctuary I hear the following: "They call me terrorist. Radical. Zealot. Because I obey the ancient laws of my people the Kree -[pause]- Because I do not f**king feel your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him." Then later it will switch to the original dialogue which says: "They call me terrorist. Radical. Zealot. Because I obey the ancient laws of my people the Kree and punish those who do not. Because I do not forgive your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him." Notice that the first version drops the words "and punish those who do not" Then it must be a glitch that causes the wording "f**king feel your people" vs. "I do not forgive your people". I just listened to it about 15 times and had about 6-8 times where it had the wrong wording and about 5-6 times that it had the normal wording. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I need to download and reinstall this. Can someone help me understand how to download and reinstall this? Again, thanks so much for your help!

#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldtimer20:

Okay it must be a glitch...In Sanctuary mode the dialogue on my machine randomly says two things. Almost always during the first or first few games I play starting with Sanctuary I hear the following: "They call me terrorist. Radical. Zealot. Because I obey the ancient laws of my people the Kree -[pause]- Because I do not f**king feel your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him." Then later it will switch to the original dialogue which says: "They call me terrorist. Radical. Zealot. Because I obey the ancient laws of my people the Kree and punish those who do not. Because I do not forgive your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him." Notice that the first version drops the words "and punish those who do not" Then it must be a glitch that causes the wording "f**king feel your people" vs. "I do not forgive your people". I just listened to it about 15 times and had about 6-8 times where it had the wrong wording and about 5-6 times that it had the normal wording. Has anyone else experienced this? Maybe I need to download and reinstall this. Can someone help me understand how to download and reinstall this? Again, thanks so much for your help!

Can you try to record and post this for us? I'm at a loss for where that would have come from unless the previous owner created and inserted it but I've no idea where it would have come from. Not to mention that phrasing makes no sense at all, why would he "f'ning feel your people for taking...."

#3480 5 years ago

I would go into settings and change feature adjustment #55 to "movie lines only"

#3481 5 years ago

I will try and post the recording later or tomorrow...but where can I download the original for what people refer to as the Cleland version and how do I then reload it into the pin?

#3482 5 years ago

okay I know many of you think I'm making this up...I made a recording, but because it is not a jpg or other similar "image" document I can't attach it to this post. If someone knows how I can attach it to a post I will be glad to try and do that...sorry.

#3483 5 years ago

Make a video, post on youtube

#3484 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldtimer20:

I will try and post the recording later or tomorrow...but where can I download the original for what people refer to as the Cleland version and how do I then reload it into the pin?

PM me for my email address and I'll post it. I know for a fact there are no F-Bombs in my sound replacement for GOTG....Now TWD is another story.

#3485 5 years ago

I'm not sure how to PM you...so via pinside I sent you an email, but I was not able to attach the audio recording to that email

#3486 5 years ago

Sorry I guess it was a PM I sent you and not an email...anyway you should have a PM from me now

#3487 5 years ago

Well, like art, I guess it's up to interpetation. This is my original sound file. Do we hear "Forgive" or something else? I could see/hear it either way I guess.
Just like the great Blue or Gold dress debate...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkc05ntusrkuitr/Ronan_Because%20i%20do%20not%20forgive_9_749.wav?dl=0

Check this Youtube scene at the :36 second mark too.

#3488 5 years ago

I wanted to also come back to this forum and say: Ok, call me an old guy with bad hearing. But I have to say again, I struggled with hearing the F word from my audio earlier...I think it was a glitch. But now I will have to admit after listening many more times to my machine and my recording...it does say "forgive" instead. Some of the wording continues to be missing, but the audio however.

So once again, I have no other recourse then to say I simply heard things incorrectly earlier. A big thanks to Cleland for his help and patience.

Best wishes

#3489 5 years ago

Totally dumb question, but I cant seem to find the answer. Do these spike 2 systems have batteries or do they come equipped with nvram now?
I always put nvram in my machines, but this is my first jump into modern pins.
Thanks!

#3490 5 years ago

Totally dumb question, but I cant seem to find the answer. Do these spike 2 systems have batteries or do they come equipped with nvram now?
I always put nvram in my machines, but this is my first jump into modern pins.
Thanks!

Coin Battery on cpu board in backbox I believe

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, like art, I guess it's up to interpetation. This is my original sound file. Do we hear "Forgive" or something else? I could see/hear it either way I guess.
Just like the great Blue or Gold dress debate...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkc05ntusrkuitr/Ronan_Because%20i%20do%20not%20forgive_9_749.wav?dl=0
Check this Youtube scene at the :36 second mark too.

No swearing there at all.

“Because I do not forgive your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him.”

#3492 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No swearing there at all.
“Because I do not forgive your people for taking the life of my father and his father and his father before him.”

Quoted from cpr9999:

This is correct, CR1023 IIRC.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Awesome. So much less likely to cause leaking issues than the old AA batteries And is there an Nvram available for guardians?

#3494 5 years ago

Anyone have the stern topper? Yet to see a video of it in action actually interacting with the game and changing mode colors. It’s pretty pricey but curious if it’s worth it!

#3495 5 years ago

I have one but it was already on it when I bought it. It lights up in different modes. I’m not a topper guy so I guess it all depends on what you like

#3496 5 years ago

Can I join the club now? I have wanted this machine since its release!

20190305_154548 (resized).jpg20190305_154548 (resized).jpg

20190305_163640 (resized).jpg20190305_163640 (resized).jpg

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Can I join the club now? I have wanted this machine since its release!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

well if you waited that long I guess you can join....... WELCOME !!!

#3498 5 years ago

Also, I posted a few days ago about this 8" sub from Monoprice. Looks like they're offering 20% off today only. I buckled and bought one. $67 shipped to my doorstep. I'll let everyone know how it performs.
[quoted image]

The powered 8" sub I posted about in #3440 arrived and I got it hooked up. I used the alligator clips on the bottom speaker method. Ran the wire out to the speaker inputs on the sub. SO.... I'll start by saying, I'm used to the sound systems on dmd era Stern machines. When I first played my GOTG, I thought, man, this thing sounds way better than my older Sterns. Well, after adding the subwoofer I'm completely blown away!!! This thing rocks! Now, if I disable the sub, the game sounds awful to my ears....lol. I'd recommend this sub to anyone looking. The price is hard to beat. I can't say how it compares to the Polk 10" everyone mentions here since I've never heard the polk. But, I'm one happy customer with the Monoprice 8"

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Anyone have the stern topper? Yet to see a video of it in action actually interacting with the game and changing mode colors. It’s pretty pricey but curious if it’s worth it!

I have it and like it.

#3500 5 years ago

I have an older Energy 10” sub sitting around. It’s powered and was near $300 back in the day ( + - 10 yrs ago). Thing is brand new. Only used it about 6 months. Can you hook up ANY powered sub to this game with alligator clips? Would prob shake my house if I did

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/70?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.