IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 171.
#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I may be in the minority but the art blades make this game look really good. I also really like the lighted speaker grills and the lighted orb plastic

Are the lighted speaker grills interactive w the game or independent?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I think I will order one of these Subs from Monoprice and give it a try. Has anyone else used these?
[quoted image]

I like that price! The one I’ve heard a lot about is the Polk psw 110

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I may be in the minority but the art blades make this game look really good. I also really like the lighted speaker grills and the lighted orb plastic

I have some art blades from pinball life ready to install on mine. Once they're on, I assume they're permanent huh? I was expecting metal blades. Like mirrors, but with artwork. What I recieved was a very thick durable "sticker" for lack of a better term. So, I assume, once they're on, you can never go back to plain black sides?

#3403 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Are the lighted speaker grills interactive w the game or independent?

I like that price! The one I’ve heard a lot about is the Polk psw 110

Same here. Looks like the Polk from Amazon is about $20 more once I factor in tax/shipping from each seller. Hmmmm... the Polk is a 10" and more powerful... decisions...

#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have some art blades from pinball life ready to install on mine. Once they're on, I assume they're permanent huh? I was expecting metal blades. Like mirrors, but with artwork. What I recieved was a very thick durable "sticker" for lack of a better term. So, I assume, once they're on, you can never go back to plain black sides?

Someone may correct me since I’m a newb but I think they are removable. Use the wet method to install them. Look it up on YouTube

#3405 5 years ago

They are removable

#3406 5 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

Seconded, these screws are from all the orb plastics. My GoTG Pro came with them not tight and they were rolling all over the playfield before long. When you are in there make sure you tighten them all up.

You guys nailed it. This was the issue. I guess I was hitting that Orb too much.

#3407 5 years ago

I got my replacement part from stern for my orb drop target issue and it fixed the problem. All is working well now! Huge thanks to Zach at Flip N Out for contacting stern on my behalf and stern for getting me a part 2 days later!

#3408 5 years ago

These will be ready to ship next week. Only 10 left.

52901688_2232984480301092_4765457121913339904_n (resized).jpg52901688_2232984480301092_4765457121913339904_n (resized).jpg
#3409 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

These will be ready to ship next week. Only 10 left.
[quoted image]

Those are really nice- price? And can you powder coat?

#3410 5 years ago

indeed, pm sent!

#3411 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Those are really nice- price? And can you powder coat?

So far I think 8 are left, I wrote all the people who first contacted me about these I need to wait to see what they say.

check my thread and I will put names on a list. There are only 20.

I do not powdercoat, I am going to paint mine, they will come in raw aluminum, you may do whateve you like with them. These will be $140 + shipping. Think that the Stern factory grill is $190 powdered black.

#3412 5 years ago

Just throwing it out there. If anyone is looking to get rid of their Pro I have a Flintstones I would be willing to trade towards it.

#3413 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Just throwing it out there. If anyone is looking to get rid of their Pro I have a Flintstones I would be willing to trade towards it.

Send me a PM if you feel like traveling

#3414 5 years ago

Ok I have a new strange behavior and haven't been able to find a way to adjust it. My orb drop target now has the opposite problem - it won't stay up lol. It's sporadic though. But when it happens it keeps firing over and over until the drop target finally stays up. Looking at it while I have it out of the machine it seems to work ok when I use my fingers to push the target up. The spring behind it pushes the tabs to catch on the mechanism and keep the target up. But if I do manual driver tests it fails to stay up every other time. I feel like I'm missing something I could adjust here.

#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ordered the psw10 from amazon. I’ll look up shakers next.

Forgive my ignorance, but when you are adding a sub, does this install within the cabinet, or just sit on the floor externally?
If internal, how and where do you mount it?

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok I have a new strange behavior and haven't been able to find a way to adjust it. My orb drop target now has the opposite problem - it won't stay up lol. It's sporadic though. But when it happens it keeps firing over and over until the drop target finally stays up. Looking at it while I have it out of the machine it seems to work ok when I use my fingers to push the target up. The spring behind it pushes the tabs to catch on the mechanism and keep the target up. But if I do manual driver tests it fails to stay up every other time. I feel like I'm missing something I could adjust here.

I think if you read through the link that waxx provided most of the common orb traget issues and fixes are in there. Off the top of my head I would see if the trigger plate nub is protruding too far out keeping the target from catching on the retaining ledge,,if this is good putting a credit card shim or similar behind the retaining ledge might be needed

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Forgive my ignorance, but when you are adding a sub, does this install within the cabinet, or just sit on the floor externally?
If internal, how and where do you mount it?

It just sits on the floor under the pin. Easy install.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think if you read through the link that waxx provided most of the common orb traget issues and fixes are in there. Off the top of my head I would see if the trigger plate nub is protruding too far out keeping the target from catching on the retaining ledge,,if this is good putting a credit card shim or similar behind the retaining ledge might be needed

Yep I need to shim behind the retaining ledge, but unfortunately the screws used for that retaining piece are super short so I need to find slightly longer screws and then I can shim it. Thanks for the tip!
CE4DF3CA-3A5E-4421-BDC7-DBF3470B502F (resized).jpegCE4DF3CA-3A5E-4421-BDC7-DBF3470B502F (resized).jpeg

#3419 5 years ago

So I was installing a protector on the scoop, and dropped a screw under the small metal ramp in the shooter lane.
So I took off the screws and lifted the ramp, look what I found underneath!

IMG_3037 (resized).JPGIMG_3037 (resized).JPG
#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

So I was installing a protector on the scoop, and dropped a screw under the small metal ramp in the shooter lane.
So I took off the screws and lifted the ramp, look what I found underneath!
[quoted image]

A known easter egg but I would find it really fun to have discover it as you did. I wish they made a clear plate option for that section of the shooter ramp for"adult only" machines

#3421 5 years ago

That’s a cool Easter egg!

#3422 5 years ago

Love this machine and am going to pick one up. Who has the best price and takes credit card?

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Love this machine and am going to pick one up. Who has the best price and takes credit card?

I can’t say anything about price but Zach at Flip N Out takes credit card.

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Automated/Pinballs.com is excellent.

#3425 5 years ago

Nitro pinball, Tommy is really good to deal with

#3426 5 years ago

I am about 90% set on picking up a Pro this weekend or changing my mind and going with a Hobbit. The seller is offering to put in titan rubbers for cheap. Assuming I went with the Guardians, what color would you pick?

#3427 5 years ago

I did purple everywhere except the slings which I did clear.

#3428 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am about 90% set on picking up a Pro this weekend or changing my mind and going with a Hobbit. The seller is offering to put in titan rubbers for cheap. Assuming I went with the Guardians, what color would you pick?

Clear on everything except dark purple or dark blue on posts

#3429 5 years ago

For me there would be no comparison. I think GotG is a better game than hobbit.

#3430 5 years ago

Anybody have photos of their Titan rubber conversions? I'm torn on colors.

#3431 5 years ago

I have clear and I really like them. I could post a photo later

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I did light blue and it looks perfect to me. I'll take a photo tonight. GOTG is actually pretty easy to get to all the rubbers. I did my party zone and there were 30 year old screws that wouldn't budge. So I had to go to the store and get a whole baggie of new screws, eck.

#3433 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

post# 3067, post#3319

#3434 5 years ago

Anybody here upgrade from a pro to premium?
I'm considering it. Love how the pro shoots and plays. Is it worth it? Do the extra 2 magnets and RGB inserts add much? Do you like or dislike the groot hands?

Thanks
Nick "junky"

#3435 5 years ago

We like the extras on the premium. The RGB light show is well worth it. We like the groot arms too. They don’t get in the way of seeing shots on ours, not sure if that varies or something. The extra magnets make orb multiball pretty crazy, and the spinners are nice. I played a pro extensively on location, but bought a premium. Definitely glad I did.

#3436 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anybody here upgrade from a pro to premium?
I'm considering it. Love how the pro shoots and plays. Is it worth it? Do the extra 2 magnets and RGB inserts add much? Do you like or dislike the groot hands?
Thanks
Nick "junky"

Don't forget the spinner!

#3437 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it. I've had a Pro for a couple weeks now and notice sometimes the ball hits the slings and they don't fire. Other times they come off normal. I don't think it's mechanical, i.e. switch related because the ball hits fairly hard when I notice it.

Is this normal for this machine?

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it. I've had a Pro for a couple weeks now and notice sometimes the ball hits the slings and they don't fire. Other times they come off normal. I don't think it's mechanical, i.e. switch related because the ball hits fairly hard when I notice it.
Is this normal for this machine?

I would check all four leaf switches in test mode with your finger and verify that they are all four working. Maybe one is not working and so when the ball hits that one it doesn't fire the coil.

Also, all pins with standard leaf switches in the slings can be adjusted so they are more sensitive or less sensitive. You can buy a leaf switch adjustment tool from pinball life and then bend the switch so that it's more sensitive to a lighter strike with the ball.

#3439 5 years ago

I just ordered a complete set in dark blue. The titan purple is very light purple so I ruled that one out

#3440 5 years ago

Also, I posted a few days ago about this 8" sub from Monoprice. Looks like they're offering 20% off today only. I buckled and bought one. $67 shipped to my doorstep. I'll let everyone know how it performs.

Screenshot_20190226-124808_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190226-124808_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#3441 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

More
I would check all four leaf switches in test mode with your finger and verify that they are all four working. Maybe one is not working and so when the ball hits that one it doesn't fire the coil.

Thanks junky. I should have checked that first but it didn't seem like a switch issue. Sometimes it will bounce off 1 sling and hit the other and not fire either.

#3442 5 years ago

Anyone put a shaker on their guardians? Any feedback? Is it generic shakes with the hits or does it actually have some good game interaction?

#3443 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Anyone put a shaker on their guardians? Any feedback? Is it generic shakes with the hits or does it actually have some good game interaction?

I just installed one a few days ago. I have yet to get some real time in with it. There are settings in the game adjustments for how often the shaker activates. There is a setting for minimal, normal, and maximum. The max setting was too much for me. I put it on normal and it still seems to activate with every major shot. I have yet to try minimal because I have parts shipped out for powder coat and the game is non operational at the moment. Its wel worth the $99 in my opinion. Hope that helps

#3444 5 years ago

Is it just me or is this game a bit on the "moody" side. Of all my games, this game seems to have on and off days where you can't make any high scores, and other days where it lets me have crazy games.

#3445 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Yes, I put a shaker in my Pro almost right away. First thing I had to do was set it to minimal. On the other settings the machine never stops moving.

It interacts with the game nicely. The first thing it does is it gives you a little rumble every time you hit a shot that counts toward the mode you're working for, it's good feedback. It does other cool interactions with light features, groot multiball, etc.

I recommend the shaker, I'd install it again.

#3446 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Since you are asking for opinions... I put a shaker, a 12" sub, and an exterior volume control on all of my games. I think those 3 things are a huge addition to pinball. A shaker adds a ton to this game. And a big subwoofer is just fantastic too

Edit.. AND even though it's expensive, the stern topper is great on GOTG. Color matching the modes, flashing, etc.

#3447 5 years ago

Hey guys, just joined the club got a NIB set up, running into a few issues going to see if they are easy fixes.

Orb drop target, it drops, shoot again hit the release orb, it pops back up and traps the ball, then it tries to drop to release, you can hear it fire, but it doesn’t drop. I’ve adjusted similar issues on older machines but this looks a little different under the play field.

Shooter rod, seems too low for the play field, it’s hitting the bottom of the ball and the ball jumps off the table and hits where the level hangs over. Play field is snug when you try to lay it back down.

And already fixed, guide rail was bent too far into orbit and was catching the ball between the rail and the wall. All good now though

Thanks I’m advance and super excited to play this thing

Chad

#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

Hey guys, just joined the club got a NIB set up, running into a few issues going to see if they are easy fixes.
Orb drop target, it drops, shoot again hit the release orb, it pops back up and traps the ball, then it tries to drop to release, you can hear it fire, but it doesn’t drop. I’ve adjusted similar issues on older machines but this looks a little different under the play field.
Shooter rod, seems too low for the play field, it’s hitting the bottom of the ball and the ball jumps off the table and hits where the level hangs over. Play field is snug when you try to lay it back down.
And already fixed, guide rail was bent too far into orbit and was catching the ball between the rail and the wall. All good now though
Thanks I’m advance and super excited to play this thing
Chad

In my case I needed a new part for the orb. But there are multiple possible fixes shown here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem#post-4625433

#3449 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In my case I needed a new part for the orb. But there are multiple possible fixes shown here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem#post-4625433

Thanks, I guess I shouldn’t underestimate the amount of common errors in games and searched that one.
Orb shot feels like a ghetto fix, but it’s currently working. Will let my distributor know tomorrow either way.

Now just to figure out the plunge, hoping it will just kinda settle in.

#3450 5 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

Orb shot feels like a ghetto fix, but it’s currently working.

Looks like several of us had that problem. Mine did that out of the box. I didn't do anything to it yet but last time I played it worked perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,517 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/69?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.