IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 171.
#3351 5 years ago

IMG_2689 (resized).JPGIMG_2689 (resized).JPG

orb mod, pics aren't great and doesn't do it justice, but its a lovely mod.

#3352 5 years ago

Unboxing!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just arrived. Courtesy of zmeny at Flip N Out. [quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#3354 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! First order of business, find a baby groot figure for the playfield.

#3355 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Congrats!

Target had baby groot. $5

Then get the topper. It's pricey but awesome how it coordinates with the mode colors and flashers.
Shaker is a must too.
Speaker lights look great on it too.

#3356 5 years ago

But the most important mod is audio mix

#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

But the most important mod is audio mix

I am running cleland. This needs a sub though for sure. Shaker I think too.

Had to fix both flippers. They were slow to reset. Had zero gap from factory. Set both to 7mm now and all good.

#3358 5 years ago

Just have to move my POTC and AFMR next to it!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3359 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It is an awesome game.. Orb Multiball is insane with the 3 magnets. Groot Multiball you can stack the balls in Groots mouth. Cherry multiball gives you a rush.. balls everywhere.

Have fun!

#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hey Guys, I am asking this for a friend.
He is thinking about buying a Premium. For whatever reason he wants to know, if stern has fixed the rocket plastic at the left ramp. Where balls can get stuck underneath.

I haven’t had this happen since I installed a plastic protector there. I think I got it from PBL.

#3361 5 years ago

Ok so sometimes it's launching a second ball right after the first one launches. Have to dig into what is causing this.

#3362 5 years ago

It’s supposed to do that on quills quest

#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

It’s supposed to do that on quills quest

Ah then that would be it LOL.

Next issue - the drop target that locks an orb ball does not release the ball. It tries but it wont drop down. I have to take the glass off and hit the drop target with my finger to release the ball.

#3364 5 years ago

Found the problem on my orb drop down. It's coil number 10, the drop down target release coil. When I do it manually via test, it sometimes just "clicks" and doesn't fire the release mechanism. If I keep hitting it in the manual coil test, it will work about every 6th time or so. I'll probably have to contact Zach about this one.

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Found the problem on my orb drop down. It's coil number 10, the drop down target release coil. When I do it manually via test, it sometimes just "clicks" and doesn't fire the release mechanism. If I keep hitting it in the manual coil test, it will work about every 6th time or so. I'll probably have to contact Zach about this one.

People posted a fix in this forum. I think they added a washer or some bent metal arm. Check previous posts- fyi

#3366 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

People posted a fix in this forum. I think they added a washer or some bent metal arm. Check previous posts- fyi

I’ll look again. I only saw posts about broken solder joints. But maybe I missed it!

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am running cleland. This needs a sub though for sure. Shaker I think too.
Had to fix both flippers. They were slow to reset. Had zero gap from factory. Set both to 7mm now and all good.

Shaker and Sub for sure. I also recommend the Stern headphone/volume control plate as well.
Mine also had a sticky flipper with zero gap (which is the exact opposite of POTC that had 1/2” of gap, GEEZ)

#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Found it. Thanks! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/42#post-4411734

Will test tomorrow.

#3369 5 years ago

Shaker and Sub for sure. I also recommend the Stern headphone/volume control plate as well.
Mine also had a sticky flipper with zero gap (which is the exact opposite of POTC that had 1/2” of gap, GEEZ)

Ordered the psw10 from amazon. I’ll look up shakers next.

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ordered the psw10 from amazon. I’ll look up shakers next.

I’ve installed multiple $100 shakers from pblife and cointaker without issue.
On my GOTG I spent the extra $50 on the “official” Stern shaker. What a load of horseshit. It isn’t worth the extra money IMO. It’s missing the screw that spans across above the motor which makes it less rigid and more likely to rattle. I had to do some modifications to it to stop the rattling. Stick with the cheaper ones.

#3371 5 years ago

There are multiple things that may fix this issue as it’s the same problem that Star Trek has with it drop target lock. I think I have the most comprehensive information in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem#post-4813358

#3372 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

There are multiple things that may fix this issue as it’s the same problem that Star Trek has with it drop target lock. I think I have the most comprehensive information in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem#post-4813358

Thank you! Greatly appreciate it.

On my GOTG I spent the extra $50 on the “official” Stern shaker. What a load of horseshit. It isn’t worth the extra money IMO. It’s missing the screw that spans across above the motor which makes it less rigid and more likely to rattle. I had to do some modifications to it to stop the rattling. Stick with the cheaper ones.

I’m glad you mentioned this.

#3373 5 years ago

You can buy a new polk or grab a similar sub
off of Craigslist for 40 to 50 bucks. Plenty of
good used subs. I've gotten 3 so far. Protectors
from ulek. Matrix in groot mouth,scoop and rampage
target. Shaker from pbl,art blades pingraffix,speaker
lights also look great and yes I got the Disney smaller
figure set and put them in also. Lighted flipper buttons.
Replaced pegs with service rails, replaced corner
cabinet brackets with beefier ones from pbl. Etc.etc. I
went a little crazy with mods but I had nib Gotg
pro fever! Enjoy your game honda!

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

You can buy a new polk or grab a similar sub
off of Craigslist for 40 to 50 bucks. Plenty of
good used subs. I've gotten 3 so far. Protectors
from ulek. Matrix in groot mouth,scoop and rampage
target. Shaker from pbl,art blades pingraffix,speaker
lights also look great and yes I got the Disney smaller
figure set and put them in also. Lighted flipper buttons.
Replaced pegs with service rails, replaced corner
cabinet brackets with beefier ones from pbl. Etc.etc. I
went a little crazy with mods but I had nib Gotg
pro fever! Enjoy your game honda!

Yeah, I did most of this too but I really enjoy the Upgraded Pinball Pro speakers I put in.

#3375 5 years ago

The two washers under the orb drop target mech/flap did the trick!

#3376 5 years ago

Flooring looks great and I like your speed and attention to detail in your quick remodel. Enjoy your new game!

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just have to move my POTC and AFMR next to it!
[quoted image]

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The two washers under the orb drop target mech/flap did the trick!

Spoke too soon, still not working. Tried bending as well but that seemed to make it worse. Zach at flip n out has me covered though and already has a replacement part on the way from Stern! Thanks Zach, awesome service.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Spoke too soon, still not working. Tried bending as well but that seemed to make it worse. Zach at flip n out has me covered though and already has a replacement part on the way from Stern! Thanks Zach, awesome service.

Replacement doesn't always fix it as it is kind of a design problem. You really need to work through all the different fixes. That said I hope you just get the magic mech that works out of the box.

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Replacement doesn't always fix it as it is kind of a design problem. You really need to work through all the different fixes. That said I hope you just get the magic mech that works out of the box.

There is a redesigned version of the plate. Will see how it goes!

#3380 5 years ago

I recently got a replacement one for my new gotg. It improved things but it still is kinda flaky. It seems to be also very finicky about the pitch of the machine. I have not tried the washer trick yet because I’m a newbie and Still trying to get comfortable taking things apart.
I look forward to hearing about how yours works.

#3381 5 years ago

Kind of random issue yesterday. I noticed two completely loose silver screws (beveled head) on the playfield just behind the Orb (in front of the green pop bumper) just laying there. I inspected the entire area but for the life of me cant see where these worked themselves out of. Anyone else have this happen? I have a pro and nothing seems to be loose or malfunctioning. Thanks for any help!

#3382 5 years ago

Can you give me any hints of what modifications and adjustments you did on the shaker? I installed mine today and it needs some tuning.

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

Kind of random issue yesterday. I noticed two completely loose silver screws (beveled head) on the playfield just behind the Orb (in front of the green pop bumper) just laying there. I inspected the entire area but for the life of me cant see where these worked themselves out of. Anyone else have this happen? I have a pro and nothing seems to be loose or malfunctioning. Thanks for any help!

A picture of the screws might help us identify the likely source.

#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

A picture of the screws might help us identify the likely source.

Figured that was coming. Here ya go!

IMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPG
#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Can you give me any hints of what modifications and adjustments you did on the shaker? I installed mine today and it needs some tuning.

If your official stern shaker is rattling look at how it is mounted. One side of the bracket attaches to the motor and the other side just rests against it with no screws. You need to wedge something in between the Shaker and that bracket to make it stop rattling. I modified an old Cliffy protector on mine.

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

Figured that was coming. Here ya go![quoted image]

Check the Gamora ramp where the two plastic pieces are joined together with the metal bridge. Not sure how they would get out and down to the pop bumper but that's the only place I can think of that two screws like that would be on the part of the game.

EDIT: Actually they are probably off the pop bumper caps, I forgot that these games use those types of screws for that purpose.

#3387 5 years ago

I am considering getting a gotg pro. Anybody have any input on how it holds up in a small lineup? I currently have mbr, tommy, rfm and big guns.

#3388 5 years ago

I think it would fit in nicely with those!

#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Check the Gamora ramp where the two plastic pieces are joined together with the metal bridge. Not sure how they would get out and down to the pop bumper but that's the only place I can think of that two screws like that would be on the part of the game.
EDIT: Actually they are probably off the pop bumper caps, I forgot that these games use those types of screws for that purpose.

Thanks for the suggestions; however, all bumper cap screws (2ea) and ramp screws are accounted for. I did just pick the game up from someone; maybe they were forgotten in there from some other repair/update? It does create a bit of a Oh Crap moment when you see the ball bouncing around off the bumpers and then notice two screws bouncing around too!

#3390 5 years ago

Few left....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector#post-4850712

86D92C88-A7FA-4FCF-8366-755DE68DE83A (resized).png86D92C88-A7FA-4FCF-8366-755DE68DE83A (resized).pngB7F8A779-0CA5-4C4A-999E-76F1927C149F (resized).pngB7F8A779-0CA5-4C4A-999E-76F1927C149F (resized).png
#3391 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

Figured that was coming. Here ya go![quoted image]

Check your orb plastic. There are 3 or 4 of those screws that go up from underneath and hold the metal hex spacers in place. We had to fix ours last week end.

Good Luck!

20190217_152948 (resized).jpg20190217_152948 (resized).jpg20190217_153002 (resized).jpg20190217_153002 (resized).jpg

#3392 5 years ago

Is there any way to make the audio clips and call outs louder, without turning up all volume? I’m using cleland on mine and the dialogue clips are significantly quieter than the music and machine noises.

#3393 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is there any way to make the audio clips and call outs louder, without turning up all volume? I’m using cleland on mine and the dialogue clips are significantly quieter than the music and machine noises.

Did you try this suggestion from the man cleland himself: Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you try this suggestion from the man cleland himself: Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.

I missed that! Thank you very much.

#3395 5 years ago

This is the first pin I've added a subwoofer to and boy did it need it! This game is awesome with the sub. My AFMr and JJPPOTC both have a lot of bass from their speakers already so I'd never felt the need. But between cleland and subwoofer, the sound is fantastic. Ended up with speech attenuation at -23.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Check your orb plastic. There are 3 or 4 of those screws that go up from underneath and hold the metal hex spacers in place. We had to fix ours last week end.
Good Luck!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seconded, these screws are from all the orb plastics. My GoTG Pro came with them not tight and they were rolling all over the playfield before long. When you are in there make sure you tighten them all up.

#3397 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My AFMr and JJPPOTC both have a lot of bass from their speakers already so I'd never felt the need...

Try your sub on your POTC also and you'll see the difference. It sounds great with one as well.

#3398 5 years ago

Would love to hear what mods everyone has! Just got my NIB pro last week.

I’ll start, so far I did:

-Groots mouth illuminated
-Backboard and back of ramps illuminated
- plastic protectors
- new flipper covers

Seems like a bunch of people are adding subs. How about pinstadiums? Shakers? Illuminated hinges?

#3399 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Would love to hear what mods everyone has! Just got my NIB pro last week.
I’ll start, so far I did:
-Groots mouth illuminated
-Backboard and back of ramps illuminated
- plastic protectors
- new flipper covers
Seems like a bunch of people are adding subs. How about pinstadiums? Shakers? Illuminated hinges?

I think I will order one of these Subs from Monoprice and give it a try. Has anyone else used these?

Screenshot_20190222-110108_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190222-110108_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3400 5 years ago

I may be in the minority but the art blades make this game look really good. I also really like the lighted speaker grills and the lighted orb plastic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

6,495 (Firm)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.