IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2887 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 169.
#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Ok well that answers that question. I’m curious if it happens to anyone else

I’m having the same issue with Quills quest. As soon as I have 127 seconds left the quest ends.

#3302 5 years ago

made another small mod , the cheap version of the coil activated rocket on the premiums, inspired by the tie fighter on stern star wars ..... the fixed rocket mount replaced by a spring !!!!, used a left over shooter rod spring, it moves pretty nice when you nudge or it fires one back at you
rocket 005 (resized).jpgrocket 005 (resized).jpg

#3303 5 years ago

I just picked up a GOTG pro. Everything works great. Like many have said the 1 magnet seems a little weak. I already put a couple washers under the core to get it closer to Playfield. I see it fling the ball here and there during multiballs but nothing crazy. Is it supposed to grab the ball after dropping out from behind orb drop target? Mine doesn’t, the ball just rolls straight down to flipper every time so far.

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just picked up a GOTG pro. Everything works great. Like many have said the 1 magnet seems a little weak. I already put a couple washers under the core to get it closer to Playfield. I see it fling the ball here and there during multiballs but nothing crazy. Is it supposed to grab the ball after dropping out from behind orb drop target? Mine doesn’t, the ball just rolls straight down to flipper every time so far.

I put washers under the magnet and core and I made sure my playfield was level and the pitch was 6.7-6.8 using a quality digital level (not a crappy phone app). The magnet catches the ball after it’s released from the orb about 75% of the time.
Hope this helps.
Nick

#3305 5 years ago

I’ve got it as level as I can get it. And it’s at 6.8 degrees. The ball comes out and roles right over the magnet area. But it’s like the magnet timing is off. The ball crosses too soon and just goes on by. If I put my hand under magnet area and slow the ball down just a bit it catches and holds it.

#3306 5 years ago

You would think the drop target dropping would trigger the magnet right away. But there is a delay. I tested it with a ball locked behind the drop target and a 2nd ball held in place above magnet. The magnet is turning on too late. My ball is passed 95 % of the time before it turns on.

#3307 5 years ago

I put a slightly bigger post sleeve on the right hand side of the orb drop target. Or maybe it’s not bigger maybe it’s just new and not flattened down. This is what gives the ball a slight bounce out and over the magnet area. The bigger post gives me a slightly better bounce and the magnet is catching it almost every time now.

DCFB6D80-9812-40AD-8D4E-905FD0D4E976 (resized).jpegDCFB6D80-9812-40AD-8D4E-905FD0D4E976 (resized).jpeg
#3308 5 years ago

I put on the Cliffy's post sleeves on mine and the magnet catch's every time. Makes the ball do a couple circles and then who knows where it goes. Maybe they are bigger than the originals so it gives me the bounce out of the orb lock and over the magnet.

#3309 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

made another small mod , the cheap version of the coil activated rocket on the premiums, inspired by the tie fighter on stern star wars ..... the fixed rocket mount replaced by a spring !!!!, used a left over shooter rod spring, it moves pretty nice when you nudge or it fires one back at you
[quoted image]

Great idea!

#3310 5 years ago

Just a heads up...
The plastic piece above my orb shot finally cracked today. Called Stern and they are shipping a new one out for free and also including a thicker plastic piece to protect it... kind of like the ones ive seen for sale on here.

#3311 5 years ago

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone had any issues with their shooter lane auto launch?

I’ve had the pin for a while and it just started to act strange.

On occasion, the auto plunger seems to be too strong, launching the ball over the left side guide rail or alternately sometimes the ball seems to hit the left side guide (or something) and return back to the plunger.

I’ve turned down the auto launch power which seems to help but it still happens intermittently.
Is there any other adjustment (other than the power) that can be made on the auto launch?
Thanks!

#3313 5 years ago

Just a heads up...
The plastic piece above my orb shot finally cracked today. Called Stern and they are shipping a new one out for free and also including a thicker plastic piece to protect it... kind of like the ones ive seen for sale on here.

#3314 5 years ago

Just got my pro setup and leveled; however, at every launch, if the ball follows the right lane it always activates the lower right pop bumper before it’s able to make it to the right flipper. Is this normal? I only ask because in every video I’ve seen, the ball slips right past the pop bumper straight to the flipper to get you started. Let me know if any of that sounded like garble. Thanks!

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

Just got my pro setup and leveled; however, at every launch, if the ball follows the right lane it always activates the lower right pop bumper before it’s able to make it to the right flipper. Is this normal? I only ask because in every video I’ve seen, the ball slips right past the pop bumper straight to the flipper to get you started. Let me know if any of that sounded like garble. Thanks!

I think you mean your right sling.
This will either be the table not quite level or the switches in the sling being too tight.
Unless other have other issues, with maybe the ball guide?

#3316 5 years ago

as bilbo sttes if we are reading your mind correctly i think you are referring to the right sling( triangle just above the flipper) , from the right orbit the ball should hit the flipper not the sling, i would try to tweak the pitch first ( a little steeper i would think might help) and double check the side to side leveling ,( i have been using the machines level for pitch and the bubble just touches the upper black line and carpenters level for the side to side) , if tweaks do not help you might have to bend the exit of the orbit towards the center of the playfield a mm or 2

#3317 5 years ago

Thanks for the help. Yes, I mean the sling. This is my first pin and I’ve just gotten into the scene. Still learning the lingo. I’ll try to do a bit more adjusting.

#3318 5 years ago

welcome !!! enjoy playing your guardians and sometimes the learning is as rewarding as the playing!

#3319 5 years ago

put some stickers on my spinners . tried to put a little humor in them as for me some of the funny bits in the marvel movies make them so much better

as well pinball life now is selling the stock stickers . posted a thread on the mod page with some more pictures that show placement and playfield attachments etc .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

gotg spinstick 014 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 014 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 002 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 002 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 010 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 010 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 004 (resized).jpggotg spinstick 004 (resized).jpg
#3320 5 years ago

uploaded a you tube video ( my first one ever!!!)of the rocket spring mod

#3321 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. My first NIB. What a great game. Danged exciting.

20190210_154500 (resized).jpg20190210_154500 (resized).jpg
#3322 5 years ago

Hi everyone! Hopefully I'll be joining the club soon Can someone answer a quick question? Are the aprons in the new Stern machines (guardians in particular) made of plastic or metal? If they are plastic, can they be replaced with a metal one?

#3323 5 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Joined the club yesterday. My first NIB. What a great game. Danged exciting.
[quoted image]

Congrats!! Guardians is one of my favorite games of all time.

#3324 5 years ago

Ran into a little issue yesterday with my left flipper. It's getting stuck in the up position. I did a thread search but couldn't find anything. When I tap the right flipper button, it will fall back down. Has anyone had a similar problem?

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

Ran into a little issue yesterday with my left flipper. It's getting stuck in the up position. I did a thread search but couldn't find anything. When I tap the right flipper button, it will fall back down. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Sounds like a pretty typical mechanical issue of some sort and activating the right one creates enough vibration to pull it down. Could be a broken / loose return spring, a loose screw(s) on the coil mounting bracket, broken link, etc. Just have to pull the balls out, lift the playfield and have a look at what is causing it not to move freely.

#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

My SW did this. I changed the coil stop and that fixed it.

#3327 5 years ago

Check the diode. Mine did this on another machine and the diode come unsoldered

#3328 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hi everyone! Hopefully I'll be joining the club soon Can someone answer a quick question? Are the aprons in the new Stern machines (guardians in particular) made of plastic or metal? If they are plastic, can they be replaced with a metal one?

My pro has a plastic apron

#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

My pro has a plastic apron

Well, nuts..... I'll have to see about a metal replacement. I'm planning on doing some powder coating as soon as I get mine, and I like the aprons to match the rails/legs.

#3330 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Well, nuts..... I'll have to see about a metal replacement. I'm planning on doing some powder coating as soon as I get mine, and I like the aprons to match the rails/legs.

The Pros have the plastic version. If you want to switch it to metal, you'll need 2 of these and then screw them into your playfield. Most are too nervous to screw these in and make new holes.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-arch-retainer-bracket.html

535-8394-00 (resized).jpg535-8394-00 (resized).jpg
#3331 5 years ago

HOOKED are you still planning to make an ORB for the Prem/LE?

#3332 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

The Pros have the plastic version. If you want to switch it to metal, you'll need 2 of these and then screw them into your playfield. Most are too nervous to screw these in and make new holes.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-arch-retainer-bracket.html[quoted image]

Thanks for the Info. I assume once I have those, I'd need a newer style metal apron that would be on the premium/le? An older style stern apron still wouldnt work?

#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My SW did this. I changed the coil stop and that fixed it.

coil stop looked fine. What i did notice though was that the end "hook" on the spring seemed to be stretched out a little. I removed the spring and bent the hook part back to a tighter radius with a pair of needle nosed pliers. Re-installed the spring and everything seems ok so far. No more sticking.

#3334 5 years ago

I got the Orb for the Pro - its freaking lovely!

I forgot that I ordered it and the wife was wondering what the hell an orb was when it arrived I was like, doh, no idea until I opened it

#3335 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

hooked are you still planning to make an ORB for the Prem/LE?

No the brackets are different and it would have to be assembled at the owners home. I dont like selling kits for DIY but if someone is interested PM me.

Pro version is live and on our site. It's a 10 minute transformation . Pro owners show some pictures it's a dramatic change.

#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I got the Orb for the Pro - its freaking lovely!
I forgot that I ordered it and the wife was wondering what the hell an orb was when it arrived I was like, doh, no idea until I opened it

Please post pictures.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from lsuarch722:

I had the same issue with the left and it was mechanical. The part of the coils stop that sits in the coil sleeve had worn and was barely held in place by the rivet. Cleaned everything, replaced both sleeve and coil stop .

#3338 5 years ago

Just got my NIB pro today and loving it! Already put the cleland code on there. Total noob question- when I’m in a mode I can obviously see the shots it wants me to hit but how do you know how close you are/how many more shots you need to hit to complete the mode. I feel like right now I’m just shooting until it tells me I’m done- is there a more precise way to track it? Thanks!!

#3339 5 years ago

There are progress bars right under the countdown clock

#3340 5 years ago

The main mode shots are the bars across the bottom under the timer. They do not include the other bars. And remember that your Hadron Enforcer button when lit will give you 3 of those shots

#3341 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The main mode shots are the bars across the bottom under the timer. They do not include the other bars. And remember that your Hadron Enforcer button when lit will give you 3 of those shots

Great advice, assuming you hit that button. Part of the fun is the strategy of hitting that button, after the ball drains but still didn't make it into the trough, to complete the mode, before the timer runs out! So the new ball starts on a new mode. Best of luck @Pinj135. Love this game!

#3342 5 years ago

Got it! Thanks guys- this game is great so far, very excited!

#3343 5 years ago

Joined the club Friday, and immediately added a speaker backlight kit. Very nice kit! Loving the game so far!

20190216_082908 (resized).jpg20190216_082908 (resized).jpg
#3344 5 years ago

Hey Guys, I am asking this for a friend.
He is thinking about buying a Premium. For whatever reason he wants to know, if stern has fixed the rocket plastic at the left ramp. Where balls can get stuck underneath.

#3345 5 years ago

Hey guys. Is this normal- on Some modes I’m finding that it takes 3 or 4 shots to groots mouth just for him to open. Keeps saying “the lock is lit”. Is this normal or is it suppose to open on the first time hitting it?

#3346 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hey Guys, I am asking this for a friend.
He is thinking about buying a Premium. For whatever reason he wants to know, if stern has fixed the rocket plastic at the left ramp. Where balls can get stuck underneath.

I have never had that happen in 6 months of ownership. So I think you can tell him it’s not an issue.

#3347 5 years ago

Hey folks. I am needing a little scratch for an upcoming project. A major project came up that made me halt some stuff so I need to get rid of a few things. I have this custom GOTG topper and it's almost finished.

This is hand made out of foam, covered in fiberglass so it's fairly permanent. The Milano is the Hasbro Milano that was meticulously repainted and the topper will include a posed Hot Toys Yondu ($300 on it's own). I am waiting on a 12" figure stand which will also be fiberglassed to the topper and I am going to repaint the topper to be a little more orange. OR! to whatever color that is more to your liking. It will be lit, I am going to wire an LED strip behind the first rock so it looks amazing.

I painted the Milano with a special chrome paint, a process in itself.

If you are interested please contact me, I need to free up some capital for about $300 worth of 3d printing. The Yondu comes with his arrow and a resin clear trail and will look pretty impressive once finished. Just seeing if someone wants to claim this, it should be finished by next weekend. And I can bring it to TPF if you are interested.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg52598152_2318632171755571_7779925093076959232_n (resized).jpg52598152_2318632171755571_7779925093076959232_n (resized).jpg52753339_406798839888566_6467315523288825856_n (resized).jpg52753339_406798839888566_6467315523288825856_n (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#3348 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Hey guys. Is this normal- on Some modes I’m finding that it takes 3 or 4 shots to groots mouth just for him to open. Keeps saying “the lock is lit”. Is this normal or is it suppose to open on the first time hitting it?

Here are some thoughts that might be helpful
There is a setting to choose either a physical lock or a virtual lock but if sometimes you get the physical lock it should not be that
Sometimes my machine will temporarily give me a virtual lock if I end a game early and then start a new game

Does the groot multi ball light adance when you hit groot?

If no I would check the groot sensor switch in the menu switch test

if you have been through groot multi ball twice the third time it will take 2 shots to the head to open the mouth

During some modes quills the first time through and orb multi ball and the beginnings of cherry bomb ii and Zander the mouth does not open

#3349 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Here are some thoughts that might be helpful
There is a setting to choose either a physical lock or a virtual lock but if sometimes you get the physical lock it should not be that
Sometimes my machine will temporarily give me a virtual lock if I end a game early and then start a new game
Does the groot multi ball light adance when you hit groot?
If no I would check the groot sensor switch in the menu switch test
if you have been through groot multi ball twice the third time it will take 2 shots to the head to open the mouth
During some modes quills the first time through and orb multi ball and the beginnings of cherry bomb ii and Zander the mouth does not open

Isn't there a setting to adjust how hard it is to activate Groot?

Also as far as balls getting stuck...I get the occasional one under the right ramp between the pop bumper and the screw post.

#3350 5 years ago

Just arrived. Courtesy of ZMeny at Flip N Out.

FDC7978F-80E7-4AC4-BBCF-1F47965C95AA (resized).jpegFDC7978F-80E7-4AC4-BBCF-1F47965C95AA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 49.99
$ 28.00
There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 169.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.