IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 171.
#3251 5 years ago

Just had an insane game!! After Orb lock the magnet grabbed the ball & threw it into the Rocket kickback & screamed the ball SDTM love it! Big fan of this table. Chaotic,fun & fast... Twice as much fun with the great work of the Cleland audio code!!

#3252 5 years ago
Quoted from mima:

In 106 (presumably before that to) while holding the left flipper button and the hadron enforcer when not in play a timer appears on the screen and this "competition mode ready press start now". What does it mean, do, and so forth?

That should be the same as tournament mode which you can enable the same way on WPC games. It should normalize random awards, extra balls, etc. for tournament play for that game.

#3253 5 years ago

How many songs were added with the custom code?

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Just had an insane game!! After Orb lock the magnet grabbed the ball & threw it into the Rocket kickback & screamed the ball SDTM love it! Big fan of this table. Chaotic,fun & fast... Twice as much fun with the great work of the Cleland audio code!!

Glad you are enjoying it! Stuff like that usually makes me curse!!

#3255 5 years ago

I am currently looking for a newer Stern machine to add to the collection, so I've been playing location machines to see what I like best. I have to say that Guardians is a lot more fun than I originally gave it credit for when I first played it last year. Dare I say, it may be at the top of my list right now!

#3256 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am currently looking for a newer Stern machine to add to the collection, so I've been playing location machines to see what I like best. I have to say that Guardians is a lot more fun than I originally gave it credit for when I first played it last year. Dare I say, it may be at the top of my list right now!

If only everyone else would give it another go, they might find out that it is a good fun game.

#3257 5 years ago

I'm still in love with my guardians. In fact I'm going to go play a game now.

#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have to say that Guardians is a lot more fun than I originally gave it credit for when I first played it last year.

They've really done a great job on the software. Each mode is very different. They don't have an either-or feel to them. I find them to be very situational and each has an optimal time to play them. If someone played this game at release and wrote it off (which was understandable), they should definitely give it another try. It's not even the same game. For some reason it doesn't get the love that BM66 gets for evolving to a really fun game.

#3259 5 years ago

I think I have found a bug in the code that wasn’t there before. If I start quills quest the quest ends after the first ramp shot no matter what time is left. I have clelands code so it could be something with his code. Does it do this for anyone else?

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I think I have found a bug in the code that wasn’t there before. If I start quills quest the quest ends after the first ramp shot no matter what time is left. I have clelands code so it could be something with his code. Does it do this for anyone else?

For the record (again) nothing is altered in the "game code" with my versions. Only the audio has been changed via Pinball Browser. If there's a bug in the code, it's from the factory and has nothing to do with the audio modifications.

#3261 5 years ago

Ok well that answers that question. I’m curious if it happens to anyone else

#3262 5 years ago

Hi guys, I am searching for the Adjustment 43 COIL PUSLE POWER in code v1.6. Has that moved or been removed? (Adjusting that gave my games drop target a higher reliability of dropping when a ball was locked behind it. Now the drop is not dropping when it should, the coil pulses but it will not drop.)

cheers
/Micael

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Quoted from pinballjj:

Glad you are enjoying it! Stuff like that usually makes me curse!!

The same day after reading these posts in the morning, my dad plays the game, and all of a sudden I hear him yelling and swearing at the machine cause ball came out of orb, spun in 2-3 circles, and shot sdtm. Couldn't help but just laugh and tell him about these posts.

#3264 5 years ago

Thinking of adding spinners to the orbits similar to what has been done for MET pro . if someone with a premiums/le can post a good picture of where they fit on each orbit side and of the plastics and cutouts that would be great., will probably order the spinners from pinball life, I assume they would be the narrow stern spinners?

#3265 5 years ago

How can you add a spinner if the PRO doesn't have the code to support it? Will you just tie it to something else to score?

Quoted from pinballjj:

Thinking of adding spinners to the orbits similar to what has been done for MET pro . if someone with a premiums/le can post a good picture of where they fit on each orbit side and of the plastics and cutouts that would be great., will probably order the spinners from pinball life, I assume they would be the narrow stern spinners?

#3266 5 years ago

Maybe just for appearance?

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I've thought of that too...for cosmetic reasons. Would love to see someone document doing it....shouldn't be too hard.

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How can you add a spinner if the PRO doesn't have the code to support it? Will you just tie it to something else to score?

would not be supported by code but I really like ripping a spinner, would probably tie both spinners into the left orbit hadron target( I almost always hit this target anyway when I miss the orbit ) , so basically hitting the orbit shot would spot you that hadron and you would get the hadron sound when you activate the spinner .I don't think it would have a big effect on scoring .

on the fence about having to notch the orbit plastics .......

#3269 5 years ago

Lifelong (I'm mid 40's) lover of the pinball. Wife and I fell in love with GOTG at our local Tilt Amusement joint and play tested bunch of other tables. Wasn't going to spend the money at the moment for a good classic so the newer Stern tables were right up our alley. Found this one here on Pinside at the marketplace. One day turnaround from Phoenix area to San Diego (Brewski's San Diego; www.sdbrewskis.com ) to bring it home. Couldn't be happier so far. Whole family loves it. Thanks to this thread was able to load the cleland mod (dude, awesome thx) to somehow make it even better. Sorta glad I missed all the early code (or lack thereof) versions and major props to all you who stuck it out. Gotta go, it's my ball....

GOTG Pin (resized).jpgGOTG Pin (resized).jpg
#3270 5 years ago

Not a shill, speaking from my own experience... but that game really comes to life with a set of pinstadium lights w the uv!

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not a shill, speaking from my own experience... but that game really comes to life with a set of pinstadium lights w the uv!

Until he posts the frequency (nm) of the "uv" light on those, it's too dangerous to risk long-term exposure that can permanently damage your eyes over time. Regular pinstadiums, have at it. I would be cautious with the UV.

#3272 5 years ago

Doesn't UV light also degrade plastics, as well as dyes and paints? Seems like a strange thing to purposely put in a pinball machine.

Joining the GOTG club Wednesday night!

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Doesn't UV light also degrade plastics, as well as dyes and paints? Seems like a strange thing to purposely put in a pinball machine.
Joining the GOTG club Wednesday night!

I'm not sure it's actual UV, but maybe UV-adjacent. If the light frequency were in the specs we wouldn't have to speculate, but I would never take a chance with exposing myself or others to actual UV or black light for long periods of time where you're staring right at it. I will eventually get around to getting one and measuring the frequency myself, but it's not high on my to-do list. It would be much nicer if Pinstadium just published the light frequency range in their specs.

#3274 5 years ago

Im no scientist... but the uv is only on for a millisecond at a time... but even if it is bad for the game or your eyes, its totally worth it! Lol

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Im no scientist... but the uv is only on for a millisecond at a time... but even if it is bad for the game or your eyes, its totally worth it! Lol

In my opinion, no it is most definitely not worth it. Without the specs we don't really know what sort of damage it could be doing for both the games or the person playing it.

The question that should be asked is, why the seller hasn't released the info if someone has asked for it.

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Hi guys, I am searching for the Adjustment 43 COIL PUSLE POWER in code v1.6. Has that moved or been removed?

From the current (1.06.0) readme:

- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL PULSE POWER", "BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

From the current (1.06.0) readme:

Doh! I read through that a bunch of times and missed it.. *sigh*
It would be nice to have coil-power adjustment setting for the drop-coil of the dropdown target
in a future update, if comming. As that seemd to have a positive effekt on my drop not dropping..

Thanks for beeing my eyes
/cheers

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Nice. I just recently found what I hoped was a scrap of plastic in the shooter lane.. Nope, was a chunk of the plastic that this protector would of protected.. My first plastic travesty!

Right, exactly.

This plastic protects that back left side which is pretty thin plastic. It also protects the front - and gets rid of the ugly steel piece Stern sent out as a TSB. Lastly, it protects all other areas.

I was able to install without taking the 2 orbs off. Remove existing plastic, add this to it and reinstall.

Here is the sale link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-protector-plastic-protector

A6A0CA65-2E19-4D49-9016-E5243050E998 (resized).pngA6A0CA65-2E19-4D49-9016-E5243050E998 (resized).png25EF7128-350E-4CA6-A138-CE6FA42D9D3E (resized).png25EF7128-350E-4CA6-A138-CE6FA42D9D3E (resized).pngEE00201F-4F70-46D4-BC3D-3BCA7F0F3DDA (resized).pngEE00201F-4F70-46D4-BC3D-3BCA7F0F3DDA (resized).pngB78C9B01-EE8B-4530-8755-3C06566AD7B9 (resized).pngB78C9B01-EE8B-4530-8755-3C06566AD7B9 (resized).png

#3279 5 years ago

Quoted from cleland:For the record (again) nothing is altered in the "game code" with my versions. Only the audio has been changed via Pinball Browser. If there's a bug in the code, it's from the factory and has nothing to do with the audio modifications.

Audio can be changed for that pinball too?But how ,i can't open .spk firmwares with pinball browser

#3280 5 years ago
Quoted from pekilica:

Audio can be changed for that pinball too?But how ,i can't open .spk firmwares with pinball browser

.spk files have always opened with Pinball Browser... There definitely is a learning curve (mine was long and I still don't have it mastered!) Did you make sure you donated to Pinball Browser to get the key to unlock the full featured version? That was one of my initial issues...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/60#post-4786776

#3281 5 years ago

I do not donated

#3282 5 years ago

Just joined the GOTG club.
Got myself a Pro. Put the latest Cleland mix on it and absolutely love it.
Is there an attract mode that has any music / callouts, or is it just lighting effects?

#3283 5 years ago

I just loaded new code into my machine. I went from 1.032 1.06. Now when I boot my machine it is in an infinite restart. It is the Stern logo and it keeps saying it is restarting game. Any ideas?

#3284 5 years ago

Had the same issue recently. I needed to run the full install with verify data as opposed to just the quick option...

#3285 5 years ago

Did it happen to look like this when you did the reinstall?

15486205664682128900328577895532 (resized).jpg15486205664682128900328577895532 (resized).jpg
#3286 5 years ago

It did, exactly. I got nervous, so I turned game off and re-inserted USB stick until it let me update again. Then I made sure I didn't hit "quick update", which is what I have always done. So it just took longer, but turned out fine...

#3287 5 years ago

Yes it did same here. Everything turned out great thank goodness.

#3288 5 years ago

and here's a real minimix of the GOTG BO, made for fun only & as a hobby
from a DJ point of view, its pitched and OOK in few places, as of course i had to deal with the 12 tracks linked to the movie
enjoy (or not)...

https://ti1ca.com/v8ze7tbf-DJ-MXR-Awesome-Megamix-DJ_MXR-Awesome-Megamix.mp3.html

#3289 5 years ago

Got inspired by the hooked on pinball mod for met pro so over the cold weekend but spinners on my pro, not really hard to do , but you will need to notch 2-3 of the the playfield plastics , take your time and of course measure twice and cut once. they are clipped to the #2 hadron target switch, so the first time one spins you get spotted that hadron , but every time they spin after that you get the non lit hadron sound ( kind of a clackety sound). The spinner are positioned fairly high up the orbits on the premiums and le's due to the hands, i kinda of like having them lower like they are guarding the orbits but if placed too low they will obscure the upper character insert . To me the perfect position would be a touch lower on the left( but there is a bulb right where you would want to mount the bracket ) and a touch higher on the right ( but any higher and the switch will start to stick out into the shooter lane ) so a compromise, but they could be mounted higher beneath the rocket and gamora plastic but the cutouts for the swtiches would be more noticeable i think this is where the right spinner is mounted on the premiums . got the spinners from pinball life 40$ for the two and had the matrix wiring from comet . let me know if anyone wants me to post more of a step by step picture approach.

waiting on an order of a page of decals for the spinners pulled from a variety of gotg goggle images probably will put two ronan themed on the left spinner and two drax on the right spinner , got some fun ones " drax coffee"and some really cool gotg images but have no idea how they will look scaled down to spinner size . If anyone has some spare stern spinner decals i would be interested

069 (resized).jpg069 (resized).jpg
#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Got inspired by the hooked on pinball mod for met pro so over the cold weekend but spinners on my pro, not really hard to do , but you will need to notch 2-3 of the the playfield plastics , take your time and of course measure twice and cut once. they are clipped to the #2 hadron target switch, so the first time one spins you get spotted that hadron , but every time they spin after that you get the non lit hadron sound ( kind of a clackety sound). The spinner are positioned fairly high up the orbits on the premiums and le's due to the hands, i kinda of like having them lower like they are guarding the orbits but if placed too low they will obscure the upper character insert . To me the perfect position would be a touch lower on the left( but there is a bulb right where you would want to mount the bracket ) and a touch higher on the right ( but any higher and the switch will start to stick out into the shooter lane ) so a compromise, but they could be mounted higher beneath the rocket and gamora plastic but the cutouts for the swtiches would be more noticeable i think this is where the right spinner is mounted on the premiums . got the spinners from pinball life 40$ for the two and had the matrix wiring from comet . let me know if anyone wants me to post more of a step by step picture approach.
waiting on an order of a page of decals for the spinners pulled from a variety of gotg goggle images probably will put two ronan themed on the left spinner and two drax on the right spinner , got some fun ones " drax coffee"and some really cool gotg images but have no idea how they will look scaled down to spinner size . If anyone has some spare stern spinner decals i would be interested[quoted image]

Love the look of the spinners! Can't wait to see them with decals...

#3291 5 years ago

I would like more info on the spinner installation for
sure. They look good. Nice job. I have 3 pins with
double spinners and I really like to juice them and ripem!!

#3292 5 years ago

Question about YAKA ARROW light on LE.
As you can see in this video, when there's lightshow for orb multiball, or sometimes other lightshows in the game also,
the yaka arrow doesn't take part in it, doesn't work, or stays blue.
The weird thing, I saw this on another LE machine also.
When in attract mode, the light changes color perfectly.
Do you have that problem too? Might this be code related?

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Question about YAKA ARROW light on LE.
As you can see in this video, when there's lightshow for orb multiball, or sometimes other lightshows in the game also,
the yaka arrow doesn't take part in it, doesn't work, or stays blue.
The weird thing, I saw this on another LE machine also.
When in attract mode, the light changes color perfectly.
Do you have that problem too? Might this be code related?

Have to be code, I’ve have the same on my premium. When locking orb balls the Yaka insert lights purple, but when starting the mode with the big lightshow Yaka is the only insert that is not a part of the light show, completely dark.

#3294 5 years ago

Did anyone in the club swap out a Metallica for your GOTG? I really like Metallica, but after finally hitting EOTL, it has lost a little luster (and that doesn't usually happen to me when reaching wizard modes). I guess it finally feels just a tiny bit wood-choppy, and I am realizing I am more of a mode guy. GOTG has always been on my radar, but I couldn't justify having two pins with nearly the exact same layout in my small collection. I watched the latest Dead Flip GOTG stream the other night and I'm kind of amazed how well the rules have evolved since last time I really paid attention to them. That all together has me thinking about making the change. While I'd love to have both, that just isn't feasible for the budget and collection size. Anyone make that change, and if so, are you happy with the decision? Or alternately, anyone with both care to compare? Thanks!

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Did anyone in the club swap out a Metallica for your GOTG? I really like Metallica, but after finally hitting EOTL, it has lost a little luster (and that doesn't usually happen to me when reaching wizard modes). I guess it finally feels just a tiny bit wood-choppy, and I am realizing I am more of a mode guy. GOTG has always been on my radar, but I couldn't justify having two pins with nearly the exact same layout in my small collection. I watched the latest Dead Flip GOTG stream the other night and I'm kind of amazed how well the rules have evolved since last time I really paid attention to them. That all together has me thinking about making the change. While I'd love to have both, that just isn't feasible for the budget and collection size. Anyone make that change, and if so, are you happy with the decision? Or alternately, anyone with both care to compare? Thanks!

I was in a very similar situation. Loved my MET premium but found myself feeling that I was chopping wood. Realized that I preferred mode based games more with more complex challenges, instead of hitting the same shot over and over again. Don't get me wrong Metallica is a great pin and it was a favorite with new pinball players who would come over. Partially because of the simplistic rules. Easy to understand
I played a GOTG pro at location multiple times over the past year or so and always felt that it was a lot of fun. I ended up buying one recently and everybody that has played it just loves it. I'm really glad I bought it. So then I decided to sell the Metallica and buy some more mode based games.

#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I swapped my metallica for gotg also. Didn't regret it!

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Or alternately, anyone with both care to compare? Thanks!

I have both and decided to place the two brothers next to each other. While they are very similar in layout they do play quite different. Both games will feel like chopping wood after awhile-especially in a smaller collection. I do not play both of them a ton-so to me they never get old. Metallica is a classic and the layout is excellent. I like the layout more than GOTG and if I had to choose between the two it would be Metallica without a doubt. GOTG is a fun game but it does start to feel like chopping wood rather quickly-more so than Metallica. For some reason bashing Groot is not as fun to me as bashing Sparky over and over. I have thought about getting rid of GOTG but it keeps drawing me in with the theme(which I love) and music tracks. Until I find something better to take it's place-I will keep GOTG-and Metallica is bolted to the floor and going nowhere.

#3298 5 years ago

All machines eventually move on... what is bolted to the floor today is gone tomorrow. I have been through that to many times in my own collection

Enjoy pinballs, rotate them through your collection I say to enjoy as many themes as you can.

You can’t go wrong getting GOTG. Keep it for awhile, when you see the next quest (shiny object) trade it out!

Just have fun and play pinball!

#3299 5 years ago

Anyone have a decent length video showing integration of music and callouts with the code update from cleland?

Thinking about adding this to the lineup.

#3300 5 years ago

I finally took me the time to draw out a orb plastic protector and start my CNC for my GOTG.
I am pretty stoked with the result, and the first credit played for play test after the install gave med 400M on the scoreboard.

_20190202_131416.JPG_20190202_131416.JPGDSC_0469.JPGDSC_0469.JPGDSC_0471.JPGDSC_0471.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/66?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.