IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 171.
#3201 5 years ago

Anyone with clelands 1.06 code get a loud spark sound through the speakers sometimes?

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Anyone with clelands 1.06 code get a loud spark sound through the speakers sometimes?

You might be hearing the "Knocker". It is quite loud and irritating. Go through the service menus and find "Knocker volume". You can select between a few options each time hearing what it sounds like. That should confirm whether it's what you heard. I choose off - always.

#3203 5 years ago

Just picked up a super clean GOTG Pro the other day. Very fun game. Everybody is enjoying it. It’s underrated IMO.

I was hesitant about buying my first Stern Pro. I absolutely hate the under playfield pegs. It’s ridiculous that Stern would release games where you can’t rest the playfield on rails to work on it. I’m adding the rails asap.
Have you guys had any issues with adding the rails? Anything in particular to watch out for?
Thanks in advance.

#3204 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Quoted from Tungsten78:

You might be hearing the "Knocker". It is quite loud and irritating. Go through the service menus and find "Knocker volume". You can select between a few options each time hearing what it sounds like. That should confirm whether it's what you heard. I choose off - always.

That's exactly what it has to be. No spikes in my sound

#3205 5 years ago

Here is what my magnet is doing.

#3206 5 years ago

That’s exactly what my magnet did. I lifted the playfield today to put side art on and while I did something must have bumped free or an adjustment in pitch caused it to start working right

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Just picked up a super clean GOTG Pro the other day. Very fun game. Everybody is enjoying it. It’s underrated IMO.
I was hesitant about buying my first Stern Pro. I absolutely hate the under playfield pegs. It’s ridiculous that Stern would release games where you can’t rest the playfield on rails to work on it. I’m adding the rails asap.
Have you guys had any issues with adding the rails? Anything in particular to watch out for?
Thanks in advance.

Adding rails is easy. Had no problem adding them to GotG and SW. Just be sure and put tape on your drill bit like they suggest so you don't drill too far. But the pilot holes are already there. I used one of the peg washers for the "washer fix" on the magnet.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Here is what my magnet is doing.

Mine was doing the same thing, but maybe even worse as the magnet would only alter course maybe 1 out of 6-7 times. I put the washers under the magnet core so that it was touching the play field, didn't do too much. Then I raised the back leg adjusters so now the bubble just touches the top line(was in the middle before), and it works all the time real good. Catch's the ball and makes it do a couple circles before it releases it.

#3209 5 years ago

I raised the legs and it works correctly once every 8-9 times.

#3210 5 years ago

just edited post as I didn’t read your response correctly. I’m at a loss. Sorry I can’t be more help.

#3211 5 years ago

So I cleaned and waxed my playfield today and the side drains are constant. I can only play for a couple of minutes per ball. I started becoming really frustrated and noticed the side drain posts have a little wiggle room. Does everyone else have their posts as far down as they can be? Mine is all the way up so I’m hoping I can move it down a few millimeters and it will help

#3212 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

So I cleaned and waxed my playfield today and the side drains are constant. I can only play for a couple of minutes per ball. I started becoming really frustrated and noticed the side drain posts have a little wiggle room. Does everyone else have their posts as far down as they can be? Mine is all the way up so I’m hoping I can move it down a few millimeters and it will help

I have the right side up bc of the “SAVE” and the left down.

#3213 5 years ago

I have the left side down on both GOTG and SW... the Stern left outanes are savages.

#3214 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

just edited post as I didn’t read your response correctly. I’m at a loss. Sorry I can’t be more help.

Thanks for your help. The game does not drain as bad since I lifted the back legs, so that's a plus.

#3215 5 years ago

Thanks in advance.

Where did you buy the PF rails and what is the part # ?
thx
izzy

#3216 5 years ago

You can get them from Pinball Life here:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

Super easy to install and waaaay better.

#3217 5 years ago

cool.
thx

#3218 5 years ago

Said goodbye to my premium tonight. I know I'm gonna miss this game. The code started out weak but has steadily improved to be a lot of fun. The cleland sound mix took it to a much higher level of enjoyment. Not hearing it on a regular basis is gonna leave a hole.

I'm glad it found a good home where it will be enjoyed.

#3219 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Where did you buy the PF rails and what is the part # ?
thx
izzy

Modified broom stick works great

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Said goodbye to my premium tonight. I know I'm gonna miss this game. The code started out weak but has steadily improved to be a lot of fun. The cleland sound mix took it to a much higher level of enjoyment. Not hearing it on a regular basis is gonna leave a hole.
I'm glad it found a good home where it will be enjoyed.

It's definitely being enjoyed! I'm sure it was tough to let it go, but I'm thrilled to have been able to pick it up.

Stoked to be a member of this owner's club now.

gotg (resized).jpeggotg (resized).jpeg
#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from agreen:

It's definitely being enjoyed! I'm sure it was tough to let it go, but I'm thrilled to have been able to pick it up.
Stoked to be a member of this owner's club now.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Game is freaking awesome!

#3222 5 years ago

Just wondering if any Premium / LE owners have experienced an issue with the orb mechanism not operating as it should? (seems to be the scissor mechanism that opens / closes the orb) I've created a separate post here that describes it. my first purchase (and first issue) but im struggling to fix it - any thoughts or comments are appreciated!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-issue-gotg-orb-#post-4781981

#3223 5 years ago

Having a weird video problem. This has happened several times when I start a game. Playing as a single player, it continues until the game is turned off. Powered on again and it's gone. Any ideas? Still running 1.03 but didn't see that here was a fix in any of the updates.

#3224 5 years ago

Had this same issue. Only happened 4 or 5 times in the last year and did not return after a reboot. Concerning, but didn't bother me enough to pursue it.

#3225 5 years ago

Mine did this also, but only if I hit the start button before it's done turning on.
I always wait a few seconds to make sure its fully booted up to start a game. Have not had it since.
Are you using Cleland code?

#3226 5 years ago

same thing has happened to me (stock code)...but went away as soon as I added another player.

#3227 5 years ago

Yes using Cleland. Stern advised updating code, but I thought 1.06 was causing problems.

#3228 5 years ago

My gotg pro works great... however after the plunges the ball kinda wants to lazily drop into the top lanes from behind groots head... usually happens 9 out of 10 times the ball goes up there.
Any advice? Just raise the back?

#3229 5 years ago

Just made another run of the orb protectors. Let me know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-protector-plastic-protector#post-4790707

474E3FB2-D896-4152-810E-F204B03E5040 (resized).png474E3FB2-D896-4152-810E-F204B03E5040 (resized).pngA9806E3F-3D15-4F95-85CA-15DD363EED03 (resized).pngA9806E3F-3D15-4F95-85CA-15DD363EED03 (resized).pngAFCDEF19-3C86-4704-917D-73C337EBDD22 (resized).pngAFCDEF19-3C86-4704-917D-73C337EBDD22 (resized).pngF5E6CC52-03CD-4BA6-83BF-9F4F195A0E26 (resized).pngF5E6CC52-03CD-4BA6-83BF-9F4F195A0E26 (resized).png
#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Yes using Cleland. Stern advised updating code, but I thought 1.06 was causing problems.

Cleland has 1.06 images now to download. Works fine.

It was the Stern update that had issues on a quick update of 1.06.

#3232 5 years ago

Mine gotg pro works great... however after the plunges the ball kinda wants to lazily drop into the top lanes from behind groots head... usually happens 9 out of 10 times the ball goes up there.

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mine gotg pro works great... however after the plunges the ball kinda wants to lazily drop into the top lanes from behind groots head... usually happens 9 out of 10 times the ball goes up there.

I have the same problem. Like it hits the diverter & comes to halt. I was wondering if I need to turn the power down for the plunger coil or adjust shooter?

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Cleland has 1.06 images now to download. Works fine.
It was the Stern update that had issues on a quick update of 1.06.

So do full update. Just to clarify??

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mine does the same thing. It even would get stuck some times behind Groot and would have to shake it to get it to roll. Raised the back so now the bubble is just touching the top line on the level. Now it comes out every time, but it does come out slow. Watching the ball, it bounces side to side and just clears the gate to slowly go behind Groot, but not enough to loop around.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

So do full update. Just to clarify??

Full update from Stern's update works, but will wipe Cleland's custom sounds out.

If you have Cleland's sound mod, then you'll want to download the whole 1.06 image from his thread and flash it to the SD card.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Mine does the same thing. It even would get stuck some times behind Groot and would have to shake it to get it to roll. Raised the back so now the bubble is just touching the top line on the level. Now it comes out every time, but it does come out slow. Watching the ball, it bounces side to side and just clears the gate to slowly go behind Groot, but not enough to loop around.

Guess the first thing ill try is to turn down the plunge power... i think mine is on full blast right now.

#3238 5 years ago

Thanks guys!! I have the Cleland code flashed on SD 1.06. I have Sterns 1.06 so I'll just reinstall & do Full Update!!

I'll turn down the coil from 200 to 165? See if that helps I might steepen it up a tiny bit as well. Thanks again.

#3239 5 years ago

Anyone have a good length video of the custom code from cleland? Thinking about adding this machine to the lineup.

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have a good length video of the custom code from cleland? Thinking about adding this machine to the lineup.

I highly recommend it man. Great game. Underrated IMO too. It's a big hit with everyone that plays it at my house now.

#3241 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just made another run of the orb protectors. Let me know.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-protector-plastic-protector#post-4790707[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just bought and installed this protector. Perfect fit. He shipped it out immediately too. A++

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Thanks guys!! I have the Cleland code flashed on SD 1.06. I have Sterns 1.06 so I'll just reinstall & do Full Update!!
I'll turn down the coil from 200 to 165? See if that helps I might steepen it up a tiny bit as well. Thanks again.

If you have Cleland's 1.06 on a SD card, you don't need to update anything from Stern.

#3243 5 years ago

I just bought and installed this protector. Perfect fit. He shipped it out immediately too. A++

Nice. I just recently found what I hoped was a scrap of plastic in the shooter lane.. Nope, was a chunk of the plastic that this protector would of protected.. My first plastic travesty!

#3244 5 years ago

Is it a pain to install?

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Is it a pain to install?

Not at all.
Remove the orb. Remove the plastics. Place the protector. Reinstall everything.
Easy.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

In 106 there's a setting to weaken the power of the autoplunger, I did turn my settings way dow.

#3247 5 years ago

In 106 (presumably before that to) while holding the left flipper button and the hadron enforcer when not in play a timer appears on the screen and this "competition mode ready press start now". What does it mean, do, and so forth?

#3248 5 years ago

With the Cleland code I got I can't choose mode at the beginning of the game it just shows me cassette playing??? Is this right? Thanks.

#3249 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

With the Cleland code I got I can't choose mode at the beginning of the game it just shows me cassette playing??? Is this right? Thanks.

Check your menu settings under gotg adjustments ,you can either choose to select a,mode at start or by hitting the scoop

#3250 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Check your menu settings under gotg adjustments ,you can either choose to select a,mode at start or by hitting the scoop

Thank you worked like a charm!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/65?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.