IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 170.
#3101 5 years ago

Stern's had a few extras they've snuck in. Stern branding and video instructions. Wonder if they fixed scoring. Sometimes things don't make list.
Updating anyway. There are a few glitches I've should of reported but haven't documented as I'm not sure how to replicate.

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Can you update this code 1.06 while still keeping the Cleland custom updates. It was like this the past couple updates.
I want to update, but don't want to loose my Cleland mega mix

Quoted from Sinestro:

Doesn’t seem to contain any media changes. I assume it will be fine. Will update later tonight.

You will lose the sounds.

#3103 5 years ago

Wish i would have waited 5 min. Just lost everything.

#3104 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You will lose the sounds.

I asked Cleland directly and his response was the following.

Yes! You can run the Stern 1.06 update over it, just be sure to use the default settings. Do not do image verify or anything like that and it will leave the modified sounds alone as they have not changed places over the last few updates.

I did this with 1.04 and it did keep everything. Assume the same for this update, can anyone confirm.

#3105 5 years ago

I updated the Cleland SD card, and when I rebooted it just kept saying restarting game over and over again. So I went to update the original SD card and it did the same thing.

#3106 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Yes! You can run the Stern 1.06 update over it, just be sure to use the default settings. Do not do image verify or anything like that and it will leave the modified sounds alone as they have not changed places over the last few updates.
I did this with 1.04 and it did keep everything. Assume the same for this update, can anyone confirm.

Is there a step by step on how to do this?
Thx

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there a step by step on how to do this?

Download new code, insert USB like normal, update as normal and don't verify and that is it. I have not done it with new code yet, but did it with the 1.04 update and it worked fine kept all the cleland stuff.

#3108 5 years ago

It worked for me also on last code, but this time it was in a different language even. I'm sure i did something wrong.

#3109 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I updated the Cleland SD card, and when I rebooted it just kept saying restarting game over and over again. So I went to update the original SD card and it did the same thing.

I got the same thing.

Part of the update text was in Spanish or Italian....then after being complete and recycling the game, the screen just says restarting game, flashes and repeats over and over again.

Stern has some corrupt code on their website.

#3110 5 years ago

Does anyone know if its possible to add attract mode to the flipper buttons like on Deadpool?

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

add attract mode to the flipper buttons like on Deadpool

Please add this to an update. So sad this gets left out

#3112 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I got the same thing.
Part of the update text was in Spanish or Italian....then after being complete and recycling the game, the screen just says restarting game, flashes and repeats over and over again.
Stern has some corrupt code on their website.

So if i put 1.04 back on, would that fix it?

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Please add this to an update. So sad this gets left out

Is it something one of our speech/music guys who redid the music are capable of?

#3114 5 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the update, once its done and asks to remove the usb and power cycle it just keeps saying restoring game on the Stern screen?

#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Anyone have any issues with the update, once its done and asks to remove the usb and power cycle it just keeps saying restoring game on the Stern screen?

Yes, we've been discussing it above.

#3116 5 years ago

I went back in and tried to do a full update with verify. The "Dot-Matrix" update text would flash on and off over the top of the Stern logo screen that still said "restarting game". It wasn't easy to read and make out, but I got the full install going.

That seemed to fix it, and it booted up after that. So the quick update is broken. Of course, I lost Cleland's sounds with the full update.

What's worse is some of the changes to the game. The right orbit shot now no longer drops into the pops during modes. When you shoot the ball in the scoop, it shoots out faster and doesn't have the sound to accompany the flashing light.

This update is shit. I'm going back to 1.04.

#3117 5 years ago

yea i reflashing Cleland

#3118 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I have to retract that statement, as I don't have my game to test anymore. I thought it would be the same as 1.04, but it looks like not.
I would advise not to update for now!

#3119 5 years ago

Yea I'm reflashing Cleland

#3120 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have to retract that statement, as I don't have my game to test anymore. I thought it would be the same as 1.04, but it looks like not.

Can you post a link to Stern's 1.04 USB update if you have it? Your last whole image was 1.02, and that's all I have.

#3121 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Can you post a link to Stern's 1.04 USB update if you have it? Your last whole image was 1.02, and that's all I have.

This is the Prem/LE 1.04 on Stern's server:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/guardians_le-Update-1_04_0.spk.zip

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Can you update this code 1.06 while still keeping the Cleland custom updates. It was like this the past couple updates.
I want to update, but don't want to loose my Cleland mega mix

On the cleland thread he posted DO NOT UPDATE until he can evaluate, there might be something here that breaks his code.

#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Cleland you need me to ship your game back so you can fix and then ship it back to me again? Ok maybe just buy a plane ticket to CO that would be cheaper.

#3124 5 years ago

On Standby. Not sure I have old version to roll back.

#3125 5 years ago

I went back to 1.04 and seems to play the same, except no Cleland voices.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3126 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Cleland you need me to ship your game back so you can fix and then ship it back to me again? Ok maybe just buy a plane ticket to CO that would be cheaper.

I know right? You better be enjoying that baby! I would not update to 1.06 until I can get a copy of the stock image to look at.

#3127 5 years ago

i am still on Cleland v1.01 i was having all the same problems you all all having when i would updated to v1.03 and v1.04

#3128 5 years ago

Okay people are saying it is ONLY the Quick update that is corrupt. The Full update is good?

#3129 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I know right? You better be enjoying that baby! I would not update to 1.06 until I can get a copy of the stock image to look at.

cleland Is there anything we can do as current owners to help you get that image? I love what you've done to this pin and cannot imagine playing 1.06 w/o your sound package.

#3130 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Okay people are saying it is ONLY the Quick update that is corrupt. The Full update is good?

Yes I had trouble with the quick as well. Would never boot. Did full and it worked!

#3131 5 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

cleland Is there anything we can do as current owners to help you get that image? I love what you've done to this pin and cannot imagine playing 1.06 w/o your sound package.

I agree! When I first put it in I didn’t think to much of it. Going back without it has made me completely appreciate having the real voices and added songs! So thank you sir for all your work

#3132 5 years ago

Working with Cleland to get him a Pro 1.06 image that he can modify. Stay tuned.

#3133 5 years ago

1.0.6 Install Confirmed - Requires - Full Update option
-Note you may see Spanish when updating but it will work.

#3134 5 years ago

1.0.6 Install Confirmed - Requires - Full Update option
-Note you may see Spanish when updating but it will work.

So how do you do a full update?

Also, by doing a full update does that keep CLELAND mods intact?

#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Also, by doing a full update does that keep CLELAND mods intact?

I'd be interested in knowing this too. Sinestro is getting me a stock image of the PRO version 1.06. If anyone with an LE/Premium can get me a stock image of that I can run the Pinball Browser macro and make sure all the sound goes into the latest code and post new modified links. You need a program like "ddUtility" on Mac or similar to backup the stock SD card image. Etcher only writes .img files to the SD card, doesn't backup from an SD card.

#3136 5 years ago

I tried the quick update first...Got the foreign language screen, and then after power cycle the constant looping 'Restarting Game' screen. Power cycled to do a full update after that Once it booted up it was very hard to see the update menu but managed to see through the flickering and complete the full update (It did default to full at that time). Clelands sounds are way gone though

Pic of the quick update screen
20181213_154831 (resized).jpg20181213_154831 (resized).jpg

#3137 5 years ago

No idea what Cleland sounds are? Sorry not that knowlegableon what that is.

You have several options on the installs menu to do a quick update or full. Just cycle thru options after selecting the other option.

Hopefully the Aerosmith sounds are gone.

#3138 5 years ago

No idea what Cleland sounds are? Sorry not that knowlegableon what that is.
You have several options on the installs menu to do a quick update or full. Just cycle thru options after selecting the other option.
Hopefully the Aerosmith sounds are gone.

Cleland has a sound mod for the game that replaces the terrible voice actors with actual audio clips from the film.

#3139 5 years ago

No idea what Cleland sounds are? .

Jane, you ignorant slut! I'm just kidding and hope you get the reference but if you own the game and haven't installed @cleland`s sound mod you are really missing out.

#3140 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'd be interested in knowing this too. Sinestro is getting me a stock image of the PRO version 1.06. If anyone with an LE/Premium can get me a stock image of that I can run the Pinball Browser macro and make sure all the sound goes into the latest code and post new modified links. You need a program like "ddUtility" on Mac or similar to backup the stock SD card image. Etcher only writes .img files to the SD card, doesn't backup from an SD card.

If I understand this right it sounds like the process is to update a Prem/LE to stock 1.06 then take that card out of the machine and back it up using dd. I only have a pro and can easily do this for you if Sinestro can't get it to work for whatever reason.

If someone has a Prem/LE in the Minneapolis area I can offer to do the technical work behind this.

#3141 5 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

If I understand this right it sounds like the process is to update a Prem/LE to stock 1.06 then take that card out of the machine and back it up using dd. I only have a pro and can easily do this for you if sinestro can't get it to work for whatever reason.
If someone has a Prem/LE in the Minneapolis area I can offer to do the technical work behind this.

I uploaded him a Pro image last night.

#3142 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I uploaded him a Pro image last night.

Rockstar!

#3143 5 years ago

I don't want to derail this thread anymore, but the macro ran fine on the stock image @sinestro provided for me. I'm in the process uploading PRO versions of mine (which had music and callouts replaced from the movie soundtrack), and Sinestro's version which is just the movie quotes replaced and keeps stock music.
I still need someone to provide me an LE/Premium image, PM me if you can.
I will post links in the thread for sound mod replacement that I posted here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/10#post-4732356

#3144 5 years ago

Im excited to try this update tomorrow. Ive been having issues with Groot Multiball - balls are getting stuck and its not ejecting with enough force to kick out 3 or 4 balls frequently. Hope this is a simple solution, otherwise I will have to replace the solenoid.

#3145 5 years ago

We put the new code in our LE today. We put the full update in, game works fine.

Spanish in the screen same as described by others. We got Spanish on the BM66 update as well.

#3146 5 years ago

I read the readme file on sterns website. It doesn't even sound like it's worth updating? There really isn't anything in it to affect gameplay that I saw?

#3147 5 years ago

I updatex the new code just now. The gane says loading game but never does and it wont boot. Any ideas???

#3148 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I updatex the new code just now. The gane says loading game but never does and it wont boot. Any ideas???

Quick update is broken. You have to run it again and choose "Full Update". It will be hard to see, because both screens will be smashed together.

#3149 5 years ago

not sure if it had been posted before anyone having problems with stuck balls at the side of the rocket plastic?

#3150 5 years ago

I emailed Stern to let them know about the Pro update for 1.06. My Facebook post about it on their site hasn't got anyone there to pull it.

I wonder if the Quick Update is bricking Premium/LE games too?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/63?hl=tungsten78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.