IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 170.
#3051 5 years ago

Here’s what it flashes. It’s a 16 gb. And I tried to flash it with a different program today. Same result. See picture

0BCEF3FE-B254-4B12-B8D3-A5C24C089D74 (resized).jpeg0BCEF3FE-B254-4B12-B8D3-A5C24C089D74 (resized).jpeg
#3052 5 years ago

Try a different SD card.

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

It’s in the rules. I’ve gotten it lit a couple times (out of many hundreds of plays). Unfortunately, as soon as you “want” to left drain; it suddenly becomes impossible. So I have yet to hit it when it was lit.

I am not so sure that it really is in the rules. I have read the code updates and have yet to find any reference to the Special.I see it lit many times in Orb MB and have drained the left side without receiving anything.
I have asked for any input on the Special, but have not seen any responses as yet. I even contacted Stern with the question- still waiting to hear from them as well.
Back in post #1579- I got a Special as a Mystery award- the animation on the display was awesome with a fly over by the Milano. This was the one and only time that I have seen this.

#3054 5 years ago

Anyone have any custom rule cards for this game? Not seen any, but may have missed something deep in this thread.

#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Anyone have any custom rule cards for this game? Not seen any, but may have missed something deep in this thread.

Did you try scrolling through the image gallery for this thread? If any were posted, it would be a lot easier to find them there.

#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

It’s in the rules. I’ve gotten it lit a couple times (out of many hundreds of plays). Unfortunately, as soon as you “want” to left drain; it suddenly becomes impossible. So I have yet to hit it when it was lit.

I actually got special LIT the other day via a mystery reward *and* had it drain down the left lane (lucky me?).

What did I get? A fancy animation on the screen that said "special"... I don't know if I actually got any points for it or what it did beyond the on screen animation.

#3057 5 years ago

in the adjustment menu( gotg specific submenu ) you can adjust the frequency of lighting the special lane , default is 10%( I would assume this means 10% of the time left drains will be lit?) and as well as choose what happens ( credit, extra ball or points if I recall) , iirc the default is credit . I don't remember a screen animation or anything else happening on the very rare times it has been triggered I have my knocker off but I would think you would get a knock? . , have never gotten special as a mystery award. I might have to see what it does with the glass off sometime

#3058 5 years ago

Finally got my playfield Swap done so i finally got to my big box of mods in!

Playfield was swapped because of a clearcoat issue.

20181124_184513 (resized).jpg20181124_184513 (resized).jpg20181124_184544 (resized).jpg20181124_184544 (resized).jpg20181124_184535 (resized).jpg20181124_184535 (resized).jpg20181124_184610 (resized).jpg20181124_184610 (resized).jpg20181124_182933 (resized).jpg20181124_182933 (resized).jpg20181124_182926 (resized).jpg20181124_182926 (resized).jpg20181123_155702 (resized).jpg20181123_155702 (resized).jpg20181124_184524 (resized).jpg20181124_184524 (resized).jpg
#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Might want to get the scoop protection. I put one on our Pro.

https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html

Scoop Cliffy GOTG Pro (resized).jpgScoop Cliffy GOTG Pro (resized).jpg
#3060 5 years ago

I do have one, i need to get that in this weekend. How much work is it? Do you have to take a lot of stuff apart?

#3061 5 years ago

I'm going to change my GotG out to Titan Comp (other games too if I like it) and am trying to decide to go all single color or mixed. I think orange low (flippers, slings, outposts, etc) and purple high (post sleeves, etc) would look good. I don't want to make it look clownish, just add color where it's appropriate.

Any thoughts on GotG from anyone? Single color or spot specific suggestions for replacement rubber?

#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm going to change my GotG out to Titan Comp (other games too if I like it) and am trying to decide to go all single color or mixed. I think orange low (flippers, slings, outposts, etc) and purple high (post sleeves, etc) would look good. I don't want to make it look clownish, just add color where it's appropriate.
Any thoughts on GotG from anyone? Single color or spot specific suggestions for replacement rubber?

I went with translucent rings and orange flippers.

#3063 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I do have one, i need to get that in this weekend. How much work is it? Do you have to take a lot of stuff apart?

get the awesome hd60609 sign mod and do it the same time as the scoop protector!!

#3064 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I just did it this weekend and it was really not too bad. You don't have to touch the actual scoop itself, just the plastics and ramp above it to expose it. You have to remove maybe 5 or 6 screws, 3 or 4 posts and a few plastics. The posts are different sizes, so pay attention to where they came off, but otherwise I think all the screws were the same size.

Quoted from MadPole:

I went with translucent rings and orange flippers.

I placed an order on Black Friday and did the same as I really like the look of the translucent Titans...especially on slings.

I did not order any post sleeves as my understanding from reading here is the Titan ones are too soft for GOTG and will only last like a week or something. Any recommendations on where to order colored post sleeves that will last on GOTG?

#3065 5 years ago

I did orange on the flippers, clear on the slings, and purple everywhere else. I got the Cliffy post sleeves and they are holding up just fine.

#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see a lot of people putting the Ronan's hammer on the right side, but I put mine on the left side. Seems more fitting with the Ronan insert at the left orbit.

20181125_133804 (resized).jpg20181125_133804 (resized).jpg
#3067 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

i have titan clear rubber on everything but purple ( not titan but from pinball life) on the posts and red on the flippers pic enclosed, next go round i might try a dark blue on the posts and translucent red for the flippers, the prior owner had yellow on the orb and gamora posts and orange on the nebula posts, it looked pretty good too, there are so many colors in the play field to work with or against

1118 012 (resized).jpg1118 012 (resized).jpg1118 015 (resized).jpg1118 015 (resized).jpg1118 018 (resized).jpg1118 018 (resized).jpg
#3068 5 years ago

A big shout out and thanks to Sparky. I bought his really nice modded Pro. Enjoying the heck out of it.

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

i have titan clear rubber on everything but purple ( not titan but from pinball life) on the posts and red on the flippers pic enclosed

Looks great!

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

A big shout out and thanks to Sparky. I bought his really nice modded Pro. Enjoying the heck out of it.

Congratulations welcome to the club

#3071 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Glad you're happy with it!

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

What was the issue with the clearcoat? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks

#3073 5 years ago

Few left folks - let me know!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-protector-plastic-protector

4663C4EC-06C9-48BC-8176-C82CCF655A80 (resized).png4663C4EC-06C9-48BC-8176-C82CCF655A80 (resized).png4B12F94A-51D7-4288-8E34-60629E2F69E4 (resized).png4B12F94A-51D7-4288-8E34-60629E2F69E4 (resized).pngBBF88E47-7BB3-4A33-A25B-AD83E12B5BB2 (resized).pngBBF88E47-7BB3-4A33-A25B-AD83E12B5BB2 (resized).pngBC130EFF-4FFB-48F0-8409-1C45742181FD (resized).pngBC130EFF-4FFB-48F0-8409-1C45742181FD (resized).png
#3074 5 years ago

Guys I started the thread 6 months ago and it took this long to get them going. I am making 20 custom Guardians of the Galaxy grills, they are made to exact specs as Stern's so everything will just screw right into place like it should. It took several prototypes of going back and forth until we got one that fit.

They will be ready in a week and I have 15 available at $140 each raw aluminum.

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#3075 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

in the adjustment menu( gotg specific submenu ) you can adjust the frequency of lighting the special lane , default is 10%( I would assume this means 10% of the time left drains will be lit?) and as well as choose what happens ( credit, extra ball or points if I recall) , iirc the default is credit . I don't remember a screen animation or anything else happening on the very rare times it has been triggered I have my knocker off but I would think you would get a knock? . , have never gotten special as a mystery award. I might have to see what it does with the glass off sometime

increased it up to 50( max ) and played a bunch of games , did not seem it made any difference in how often the special is lit(never during these games) . not sure it is truly functional at this point with code 1.04 , maybe with the next upgrade? ( and a 2 sec ball save for rocket?????)

#3076 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

increased it up to 50( max ) and played a bunch of games , did not seem it made any difference in how often the special is lit(never during these games) . not sure it is truly functional at this point with code 1.04 , maybe with the next upgrade? ( and a 2 sec ball save for rocket?????)

I did the same over the weekend, just to see if I could get it to trigger. I've yet to see it trigger at all.

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I see a lot of people putting the Ronan's hammer on the right side, but I put mine on the left side. Seems more fitting with the Ronan insert at the left orbit.[quoted image]

I think it looks good on the left side as well . I got some figurines ( call them toys, dolls I don't care) and had a concept of having a figurine at the shot for each of the characters and it would fit to have the hammer by the ronan orbit . unfortunately some of the figures did not fit at their spot or look good there so I had to artistically compromise the concept.

Since ronan color is yellow having a yellow light in the hammer would make sense ( mezel mods are you out there?)

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think it looks good on the left side as well . I got some figurines ( call them toys, dolls I don't care) and had a concept of having a figurine at the shot for each of the characters and it would fit to have the hammer by the ronan orbit . unfortunately some of the figures did not fit at their spot or look good there so I had to artistically compromise the concept.
Since ronan color is yellow having a yellow light in the hammer would make sense ( mezel mods are you out there?)

I think it would make more sense to have Ronan's hammer look like Ronan's hammer, rather than the color of the insert during the mode.

#3079 5 years ago

its been a long time since I watched the movies but if the hammer glows pink in the movie then that is acceptable

#3080 5 years ago

had a good game and made it to save xandar! after ii had few shots on 2 or 3 modes to complete as well as both orb and groot multiball but completed the rest in multiballs and hung on to get to xander. it was a blur at the end but after xander ends you just start over again with what seemed to be shortened times for the modes

gotg hi 001 (resized).jpggotg hi 001 (resized).jpggotg hi 002 (resized).jpggotg hi 002 (resized).jpg
#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

had a good game and made it to save xandar! after ii had few shots on 2 or 3 modes to complete as well as both orb and groot multiball but completed the rest in multiballs and hung on to get to xander. it was a blur at the end but after xander ends you just start over again with what seemed to be shortened times for the modes
[quoted image][quoted image]

What are you doing for speaker lights, one of the kits? Do you just have them set to one color?

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

What are you doing for speaker lights, one of the kits? Do you just have them set to one color?

I have the speaker light kit from dugfreez speakerledkit.com? , it has the the remote that has a bunch of options for colors, I have it set on the orange color that kind of matches the gotg lettering

would love to have them change color to match the mode, I think it could be done but beyond my skills

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I have the speaker light kit from dugfreez speakerledkit.com? , it has the the remote that has a bunch of options for colors, I have it set on the orange color that kind of matches the gotg lettering
would love to have them change color to match the mode, I think it could be done but beyond my skills

Edit: sorry, you said, " To match the mode." Nevermind.

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

same here. I will open my topper one of these days and see if I can pull the signals from there. But haven't done it yet.

#3085 5 years ago

Since upgrading to 1.04, the initial mode is being auto-selected for the game. Even before plunging the score will show 20,103.

Anyone else ever see this?

From what I recall, I imaged the SD with 1.03 cleland the did sterns usb upgrade to 1.04.

**FOLLOW-UP**
- Switching to original SD (1.01) the issue didn’t show itself.
- Quick update to (1.04) issue showed up
- Full update to (1.04) issue corrected itself
- Switching back to cleland loaded SD - issue no longer happens??

Doesn’t make sense. Maybe it’s intermittent?

#3086 5 years ago

Having an issue I hope you all can help with. My GOTG is set to free-play, but most of the time when I hit Start or the Action button to start a new game, it immediately has a mode selected and I have 2,040 pts. Switch testing seems ok.

Any ideas?

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Having an issue I hope you all can help with. My GOTG is set to free-play, but most of the time when I hit Start or the Action button to start a new game, it immediately has a mode selected and I have 2,040 pts. Switch testing seems ok.
Any ideas?

Sounds like a similar problem to what Tungsten78 reported and was resolved by doing a full update of the code. Did this happen after a code update you did?

#3088 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sounds like a similar problem to what tungsten78 reported and was resolved by doing a full update of the code. Did this happen after a code update you did?

duhhh, I'm an idiot. I guess I could take a second and actually read the post above mine.

Thanks!

#3089 5 years ago

Well, I just totally beat it up!!! Immolation!! Save Xandar! Anyone beat my score!!??!

9AF18DBA-1B4A-45F2-BF15-3728814B8ABF.jpeg9AF18DBA-1B4A-45F2-BF15-3728814B8ABF.jpeg
#3090 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Well, I just totally beat it up!!! Immolation!! Save Xandar! Anyone beat my score!!??!
[quoted image]

Nice job!!Ha- not even close for me.My best is 8b, and 5b of that was completing Save Xandar Super Jackpot shoot twice.Congrats!

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Since upgrading to 1.04, the initial mode is being auto-selected for the game. Even before plunging the score will show 20,103.
Anyone else ever see this?
From what I recall, I imaged the SD with 1.03 cleland the did sterns usb upgrade to 1.04.
**FOLLOW-UP**
- Switching to original SD (1.01) the issue didn’t show itself.
- Quick update to (1.04) issue showed up
- Full update to (1.04) issue corrected itself
- Switching back to cleland loaded SD - issue no longer happens??
Doesn’t make sense. Maybe it’s intermittent?

Issue turned up again. The score is 20,030 after it auto selects. The first play following power up will be ok. All subsequent first balls auto select.

I’ll switch back to the full install stern 1.04 to see what happens.

#3092 5 years ago

Whoa!!!super grandchampion score there!!!congratulations!!!!!!

#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

www.speakerlightkits.com

#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Any ideas?

I had a similar issue with mine, turned out one of my slings was set to tight. The act of loading the ball into the shooter lane shoot the machine just right and it would trigger the sling to fire, giving me points and also starting the mode. It took me awhile to figure it out because the noise of the ball loading into the lane was louder and more distracting the the sling firing. If it isn't the sling, maybe you have a different switch activating when the ball enters the lane.

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

I had a similar issue with mine, turned out one of my slings was set to tight. The act of loading the ball into the shooter lane shoot the machine just right and it would trigger the sling to fire, giving me points and also starting the mode. It took me awhile to figure it out because the noise of the ball loading into the lane was louder and more distracting the the sling firing. If it isn't the sling, maybe you have a different switch activating when the ball enters the lane.

I think this a good diagnosis- i would put the game in Switch Test and bang on the cabinet and playfield to see if there is a switch that is firing .

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

[quoted image]

How are those hands? I am on the fence about them. They look fat and a little clunky. Maybe it's just the pictures.

#3097 5 years ago

The hands are cool. Have had them about 6-8 months. Add more depth to the game, but they do block some visual shots. I think the look is worth it.

#3098 5 years ago

New GotG 1.06 code is up. Looks like a mostly maintenance release.

Not too much to get excited about, but it's new, so that's something...

LE/PRE V1.06 - December 11, 2018
=====================

- Added the virtual locks adjustment to the "Install Competition" menu.
- Reduced Save Xandar scoring.
- Added a Virtual Locks adjustment to virtually lock balls in Groot.
Default = NO. Now tournament directors can add this adjustment change to
make their tournament games more deterministic.
- Modified logic that determines how quickly new balls are kicked into play
once a ball is locked in Groot's head.
- Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable
volume range from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones
rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
"OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
"FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a credit
"ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL PULSE POWER",
"BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".

#3099 5 years ago

Can you update this code 1.06 while still keeping the Cleland custom updates. It was like this the past couple updates.

I want to update, but don't want to loose my Cleland mega mix

#3100 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Can you update this code 1.06 while still keeping the Cleland custom updates. It was like this the past couple updates.
I want to update, but don't want to loose my Cleland mega mix

Doesn’t seem to contain any media changes. I assume it will be fine. Will update later tonight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.