IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 171.
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I've only just realised that the triangular signed cards on my LE at the bottom of my playfield should be illuminated.
Looking at the manual, these both seem to be on Lamp #277 along with the rest of the lower play field GI so I don't think its an issue with Node Board 8 (but I disconnected and reconnected the connector CN15 anyway which made no difference).

Spent a while going through this earlier, connected a spare LED on the output of the lower playfield connector and it worked fine, which meant it wasn't the main loom which was a relief.

So I took off the top cover and found that where they'd cable tied the LED board to the post, when cutting the excess cable tie it had sliced right through the LED feed cable. Put a joint block to connect the two halves and both the LEDs are now working

Cable joined back together, LED works (resized).jpgCable joined back together, LED works (resized).jpg
#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Sigh, orb lock strikes back. Since a bit of bending and adding washers my orb lock had been working good - used to get stuck up. Now it’s developed a machine gun issue where it persistently slams up and down for 10+ seconds before deciding to stay down.
Anybody fix this issue?

I just started having the same issue. The plastic ledge that the drop target catches on was not worn down or cracked. I removed it and used it as a template to cut out a spacer to push the ledge further towards the drop target. So far so good. No more machine gunning, but i do get the occasional brick shot off the drop target. I may make a thinner spacer or increase the tension of the return spring. Might take a few iterations to find the sweet spot.

#3003 5 years ago

This is a must have addition for this game. No more air balls straight over the flippers and no more broken plastic. Great idea, thanks for providing these to fellow Pinsiders!

#3004 5 years ago

So it's been a minute since I've updated on all my mods. I should have a few updates this weekend with some new prototypes to showcase.

#3005 5 years ago

Which sound do you hate/fear most in this game...the accidental "smack" of the rocket kickback or the hollow, tin cup "clank" of a near miss on the Quill scoop? Every time I hear one of those, it's a fair bet the ball is gone.

#3006 5 years ago

On my machine, Rocket just bounces off the right flipper. Rarely lose it that way.

#3007 5 years ago

So I am almost done with the topper I plan on selling. I am buying a 3d printer and this was just something I thought might help pay for it. I will also have the grills soon. The guy who is also having some made is making some Star Wars ones and after a few corrections we are almost ready.

Anyway here is what I have so far. The silver piece behind Rocket is going to hold a piece of acrylic, I had it 3d printed and I had a special cavity built in so I could have it hold an led strip and light the acrylic.

The Rocket is the Hot Toys version from GOTG 1 and I got it for a steal so I figured why not add it to the base.

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg
#3008 5 years ago

Damn that is amazing.

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Which sound do you hate/fear most in this game...the accidental "smack" of the rocket kickback or the hollow, tin cup "clank" of a near miss on the Quill scoop? Every time I hear one of those, it's a fair bet the ball is gone.

I hate the clank of the scoop more, typical miss and the ball goes a little up the gamora ramp and sdtm or sling fires into the death zone of the left outlane .

I love the game , but to me having to always start another mode with the scoop shot takes away from the game. maybe at the end of a mode or at end of mode 2( but I don't think all mode 2 are timed? ) let another mode start automatically without player input but if you hit the scoop you get to choose the next mode

AS well when not in a mode the coding could be better and more fun, instead of mode jail make the " tape recorder mode" more interesting with its own objective, register the shots on the ramps and orbits and turn it into something fun!

#3010 5 years ago

Had a special guest fly in to play a quick game.....

20181107_185601 (resized).jpg20181107_185601 (resized).jpg20181107_185630 (resized).jpg20181107_185630 (resized).jpg
#3011 5 years ago

WTF is that a full size iron man? Holy crap.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

WTF is that a full size iron man? Holy crap.

Yeah got it off Amazon after I saw one in a video on YouTube of a guys awesome gameroom. He had a lifesize deadpool too. Probably
one of the goofiest purchases I've ever made but I freaking love it.
It's like 6 foot 5 . It was a big hit at party i threw for coworkers along with my Gotg pro.

#3013 5 years ago

Folks,
GOTG is my only pro in the new Stern style, it sits along Batman 66 LE, IMDN LE and Deadpool LE.

I want to put in round speakers and speaker lights in ala Deadpool - anyone done this or something similar?

Cheers,
Neil.

#3014 5 years ago

I got the stern side armor for my birthday and installed it yesterday. Very excited about it and I feel it looks good. I might have to light it in the future.

33ADE9BE-B848-41F6-96C1-98C52AA14E68 (resized).jpeg33ADE9BE-B848-41F6-96C1-98C52AA14E68 (resized).jpeg63AA2804-2C0F-48A1-AA17-56B6987D31AA (resized).jpeg63AA2804-2C0F-48A1-AA17-56B6987D31AA (resized).jpeg78A4EBBB-C41B-4426-AD03-94E95ACFD561 (resized).jpeg78A4EBBB-C41B-4426-AD03-94E95ACFD561 (resized).jpeg
#3015 5 years ago

Looks awesome!! Is the backing gold or silver? Hard to tell in that light

#3016 5 years ago

The backing is shiny gold

#3017 5 years ago

RANT ON..
So I have been trying to play more lately, as I hadn't been. I have had some good (for me) games and some terrible games. Last night I am playing, I have the game set for 5 balls. I finally, for the first time, get cherry bomb multiball on ball 5. takes me a while to hit the scoop to start it. I get it started, I think I hit the flippers 2 or 3 times, then the game tilts. It had tilted on like ball 3 as well. I am not a big nudger or shaker. it seemed like when it was in a big multi-ball mode, and the shaker was running, and I was probably bumping a little. It tilted... AAARRRGGHHHH. Sorry, had to whine for a minute. I haven't had this issue before. I have had the shaker since day one, so I don't think it is anything with that. Haven't changed any settings or tilt adjustments either. Oh well, I still don't have any of the high scores, my 8 year old grandson has them all....

#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

RANT ON..
So I have been trying to play more lately, as I hadn't been. I have had some good (for me) games and some terrible games. Last night I am playing, I have the game set for 5 balls. I finally, for the first time, get cherry bomb multiball on ball 5. takes me a while to hit the scoop to start it. I get it started, I think I hit the flippers 2 or 3 times, then the game tilts. It had tilted on like ball 3 as well. I am not a big nudger or shaker. it seemed like when it was in a big multi-ball mode, and the shaker was running, and I was probably bumping a little. It tilted... AAARRRGGHHHH. Sorry, had to whine for a minute. I haven't had this issue before. I have had the shaker since day one, so I don't think it is anything with that. Haven't changed any settings or tilt adjustments either. Oh well, I still don't have any of the high scores, my 8 year old grandson has them all....

CB MB is the most fun minute in all of pinball! Ugh! Well if you are not a nudger, like myself, lower that Tilt bob down or even remove it!

While the tilter is out learn how to “Death Save” and use it to your advantage to knock your grandson’s scores off the board.

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
GOTG is my only pro in the new Stern style, it sits along Batman 66 LE, IMDN LE and Deadpool LE.
I want to put in round speakers and speaker lights in ala Deadpool - anyone done this or something similar?
Cheers,
Neil.

The Mod Couples speaker kit should work mate. Only problem is red is the only colour offered I believe unless that’s what your looking for in which case perfecto.

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

RANT ON..

You already have it on 5 balls, so its set pretty liberal.
Its a home game, remove the plumb bob or lower it more. You can put it back in if you want the the game harder as you get better.

I see alot of home games with the tilt disabled.

#3021 5 years ago

I had a first happen last night...Rocket gave me a multiball, sort of. On a plunge, I tried to live catch on the right flipper. The ball bounced instead of dying and moved toward the center. I flicked the right flipper at it to keep it from draining. The ball went into Rocket, and he sent it directly down the center. It fired so fast and hard that it hit the right side of the apron and ricocheted up the outlane and back onto the playfield.

Having tripped the outlane switch with the ball save timer still on, another ball was fed into the shooter lane and auto-plunged. I know I probably should have drained one, but it was about time Rocket paid back one of the balls he's stolen. I played it out until both balls drained.

That got me wondering about what the ruling would be if this happened in a tournament setting. So many times the "that's pinball" rule screws the player (in lane hop, ball falling from a wireform, shot not registering). This was a completely random event. It wasn't a game malfuntion (stuck ball in multiball, for example), and the player didn't induce it. If you do consider it a malfunction, why is a basic "Lazarus" acceptable? This was simply a more complex version of that scenario. Why wouldn't the "that's pinball" rule still apply here? Why is randomness in a tournament usually acceptable only as one way street?

#3022 5 years ago

For those interested, making another run of Orb plastic protector & airball protector - 1 piece. Save your plastic from being cracked on the left side!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70136

0F614120-A5CF-4834-99EB-749EC6400DEE (resized).jpeg0F614120-A5CF-4834-99EB-749EC6400DEE (resized).jpeg4DE6529D-12C5-460E-99DE-F9A51221F6FF (resized).png4DE6529D-12C5-460E-99DE-F9A51221F6FF (resized).pngA8674E9B-D0DC-44F1-9A45-F0F455D46F35 (resized).jpegA8674E9B-D0DC-44F1-9A45-F0F455D46F35 (resized).jpeg
#3023 5 years ago

Good game 2 nights ago got through immolation and all modes and orb multi completed but drained with 2 balls to go to restart groot multi, total score only 950 mil, I guess I have been playing more to complete things than for score.

last night did some practicing , anyone regularly backhand into the scoop or into the orbits?

#3024 5 years ago

Dumb question, what do you have to do to complete groot or orb multi? Is it hit all lit shots, or 50%?

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Good game 2 nights ago got through immolation and all modes and orb multi completed but drained with 2 balls to go to restart groot multi, total score only 950 mil, I guess I have been playing more to complete things than for score.
last night did some practicing , anyone regularly backhand into the scoop or into the orbits?

I always backhand into the orb.
I can sometimes backhand into the scoop, but i need a bit of ball lift first. it's tough.
My favorite scoop shot is off the launch while holding the left flipper button, pull the plunger most of the way, let the ball go around the back, let go of the button and hope the ball bounces off the left flipper into the scoop.

#3026 5 years ago

all the multiballs get to be a blur but the one time I completed orb I think I hit all the flashing shots ( I think at one point a ball is trapped in the orb and you have to hit to release just like in the beginning?) and then at the end the orb flashes and you have to make that one , for groot I think you have to hit all the flashing shots and then put one in his mouth when it is opening and closing

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Big scores depend on starting the MBs or Wizards with some multipliers running. I've gotten thru Save Xandar with billions, and I've gotten thru it with hundreds of millions. When you're doubling (or more) every shot, that really adds up with six balls in play.

I can't backhand any of those on purpose. I've heard people say they can backhand the Gamora and Nebula ramps from a cradle on their machine, but that's not happening on mine. If I catch the ball early enough, I can luck into backhand on one of them. My favorite backhand is having both balls on the right flipper in Quill's Quest and backhanding into the scoop....catching the kickout....backhanding the additional ball back in the scoop....repeat until it's over. Hard to do as it requires a lot of consistent kickouts.

#3028 5 years ago

FYI

Shipping out a bunch protectors tomorrow made of Pet-g - very durable!!!

See link above if you need one!

#3029 5 years ago

Anytime I hit inside the orb it registers but there is no attempt to capture the ball I test the drop target it goes up and down but it wont do anything during game play no magnet or anything any ideas?

#3030 5 years ago

Test the drop target up/down switches and the standup target behind it.

#3031 5 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Anytime I hit inside the orb it registers but there is no attempt to capture the ball I test the drop target it goes up and down but it wont do anything during game play no magnet or anything any ideas?

Check the connector on the drop target that comes from the sensor (plug and play). Mine came loose and then completely disconnected - noticed it acting up one game and then it started doing the same thing you are describing a game or 3 later (which was registering, operating properly in test, but staying down during the game). If I am not mistaken, the target would start in the dropped position prior to initial plunge before I fixed it.

#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

You already have some great help. Also make sure the drop target is not disabled in the game settings. Like age-of-pin our sensor wires fell off too.

#3033 5 years ago

Saved Xandar tonite!!
Had good Immolation on another game.
Really having fun playing this ruleset and layout, fun game.

IMG_2828 (resized).JPGIMG_2828 (resized).JPGIMG_2829 (resized).JPGIMG_2829 (resized).JPGIMG_2831 (resized).JPGIMG_2831 (resized).JPG

#3034 5 years ago

Awesome. That II score is incredible. The code has finally made this game really good. I wonder what more they could do...or if they're even going to keep working on it.

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.
I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.
Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.
Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.
Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.
Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.
Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”
Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

[quoted image][quoted image]

I finally got around to fixing my weak magnet and this worked perfectly. Now the ball catches as it rolls out of the orb, instead of going down the left drain 1 in 5 times...

#3036 5 years ago

would love to get some input from fellow owners of where on the flippers the orbits return the ball. on mine ( bubble level to touching upper black line ) and side to side level with phone app) the right orbit return puts the ball about 3/4 out on the flipper, and the ball can be controlled in a variety of ways dead bouncing it will climb up to right side sometimes into scoop , or can be can live caught or bounced to the right sling and controlled to a cradle by holding the right flipper up .

the left orbit return hits farther out on the tip of right flipper dead bouncing 9/10 times will put the ball to a controlled cradle on the right flipper , but 1/10 the ball gets a little bounce somewhere at the end of the orbit and goes stdm! . holding the right flipper up tend to put the ball up the middle of the field where it is at risk of going down the middle, live catch is iffy ( but remember I suck) ,

so frustrating to not have a reliable way to control ball on the orbit return to right flipper! maybe I just need to improve skills and recognize when not to go for a dead bounce. tempted to bend the exit of the ramp in a touch to return the ball more to the center of the flipper....

What do you guys see and do??

#3037 5 years ago

Is there a setting for a Ball Save from the right scoop? I have had a few games going and hit the scoop only to have it fire the ball straight down the middle. It usually hits the left flipper, but once in a while it just shoots it right down the center and Ball or Game over. I know they added a ball save for the scoop in that position on Star Wars, just curious if it's here too. It's not fair when it does that. I couldn't find a setting anyway.

Thanks, Dave

#3038 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Is there a setting for a Ball Save from the right scoop? I have had a few games going and hit the scoop only to have it fire the ball straight down the middle. It usually hits the left flipper, but once in a while it just shoots it right down the center and Ball or Game over. I know they added a ball save for the scoop in that position on Star Wars, just curious if it's here too. It's not fair when it does that. I couldn't find a setting anyway.
Thanks, Dave

There is a setting for the power of the scoop kickout. I lowered mine, so I can catch it very consistently.

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Thanks, Dave

No ball save on the scoop but I would echo turning the scoop power down through the gotg specific adjustments . Default is 28? I put it down to 16 and it delivers the ball to the right flipper. For me making the scoop shot repeatedly is a challenge and makes or breaks a potential good game so making the shot and getting a reliable return seems fair.
No one has orbit input?

#3040 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

No one has orbit input?

The orbit returns are consistent on mine, depending on the speed of the ball. A clean, fast shot to the right orbit will loop around and bounce from the left flipper, up the right flipper and into the scoop. Or it will hit the HE target and bounce toward the high middle. It can then be controlled from a bounce pass. If the ball isn't moving that fast thru the right orbit, it will sometimes hit the top of the left sling. But it hits far enough to the right that it bounces to the center playfield or right flipper.

From the left orbit, it returns to the right flipper consistently for a catch or a shot on-the-fly if I stupidly try to loop the left orbit...

Bottom line, no orbit SDTM problems on my Prem.

#3041 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in Pin Stadium lights for GotG I have a brand new set with invisishields, PM me. I sold my Pin and have a set I never installed. Has the UV Glow option. If not I’ll put them up in the marketplace.

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from Age-of-pin:

Check the connector on the drop target that comes from the sensor (plug and play). Mine came loose and then completely disconnected - noticed it acting up one game and then it started doing the same thing you are describing a game or 3 later (which was registering, operating properly in test, but staying down during the game). If I am not mistaken, the target would start in the dropped position prior to initial plunge

Check the connector on the drop target that comes from the sensor (plug and play). Mine came loose and then completely disconnected - noticed it acting up one game and then it started doing the same thing you are describing a game or 3 later (which was registering, operating properly in test, but staying down during the game). If I am not mistaken, the target would start in the dropped position prior to initial plunge before I fixed it.

That was it thanks so much

#3043 5 years ago

The orbit returns are consistent on mine, depending on the speed of the ball. A clean, fast shot to the right orbit will loop around and bounce from the left flipper, up the right flipper and into the scoop. Or it will hit the HE target and bounce toward the high middle. It can then be controlled from a bounce pass. If the ball isn't moving that fast thru the right orbit, it will sometimes hit the top of the left sling. But it hits far enough to the right that it bounces to the center playfield or right flipper.
From the left orbit, it returns to the right flipper consistently for a catch or a shot on-the-fly if I stupidly try to loop the left orbit...
Bottom line, no orbit SDTM problems on my Prem

got to love looping the orbit on the fly but definitely not a rational strategy !! my limit is probably 2 times in a row , after that the ball is moving so fast the third flip is impossible for me to time

did have a good game over weekend finally broke a billion and ended up at 2 bil , got 800 mil on II had a bunch of multipliers lit , ran out of steam with just a little to go to zander , I can see how the scores exponentially rise with revisits of multiballs with more modes completed and multipliers etc

#3044 5 years ago
Quoted from jim_:

I noticed the other day there is a "special when lit" light on the left out-lane. Does anyone know if this is used anywhere in the rules of the game?

It’s in the rules. I’ve gotten it lit a couple times (out of many hundreds of plays). Unfortunately, as soon as you “want” to left drain; it suddenly becomes impossible. So I have yet to hit it when it was lit.

#3045 5 years ago

so i have been trying to do the upgrade to the actors real voices with the Clevelnd code. I cannot get it to work to save my life. My GOTG came with the code 1.04 so could that be an issue? Every time I try to flash the SD card (and I do it exactly correct)when I install it into my game and boot up all it does is just flashes the Stern logo on the screen and says restarting. And it never loads or boots. Anyone had this happen. This game would be perfect with the real voices.

#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from officeralmond:

so i have been trying to do the upgrade to the actors real voices with the Clevelnd code. I cannot get it to work to save my life. My GOTG came with the code 1.04 so could that be an issue? Every time I try to flash the SD card (and I do it exactly correct)when I install it into my game and boot up all it does is just flashes the Stern logo on the screen and says restarting. And it never loads or boots. Anyone had this happen. This game would be perfect with the real voices.

I hate to be the one to say it but you must be doing something wrong. I've flashed all the versions of cleland code as the game has been updated and it has worked every time. What application are you using to burn the image and are you on PC or MAC?

Edit: I'd also add that you might be better off posting this in the thread dedicated to @cleland's ROMs.

#3047 5 years ago

if anyone wants to shake up their lineup, I've got a mint HUO Star Wars Prem I'd trade for a GOTG Prem/LE

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hate to be the one to say it but you must be doing something wrong. I've flashed all the versions of cleland code as the game has been updated and it has worked every time. What application are you using to burn the image and are you on PC or MAC?
Edit: I'd also add that you might be better off posting this in the thread dedicated to cleland's ROMs.

I have been using Etcher on a PC

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from officeralmond:

I have the 1.04 code, and got the Clevelnd sound to work.
How big is your SD card? I think it cannot be larger than 16gb.
Just a thought.

#3050 5 years ago

anyone changed the speakers to the Stern JBL speakers used in the LEs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/61?hl=89redlx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.