IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 171.
#2951 5 years ago

Is that a look of shock or disgust? Lol

#2952 5 years ago

I finally got it. My first completed wizard mode on any game!

GotG GC (resized).jpgGotG GC (resized).jpgSX Champ (resized).jpgSX Champ (resized).jpg
#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I finally got it. My first completed wizard mode on any game!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

I’ve Cherrybombed maybe a dozen times and Imolationed once; but still haven’t gotten to try saving Xander. I’ll get there eventually; but I refuse to set my out-lane pins more narrow or change settings to make it easier … so it will take me a while. Many many games played on mine since I bought it in August.

#2954 5 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

Congrats!
I’ve Cherrybombed maybe a dozen times and Imolationed once; but still haven’t gotten to try saving Xander. I’ll get there eventually; but I refuse to set my out-lane pins more narrow or change settings to make it easier … so it will take me a while. Many many games played on mine since I bought it in August.

Congrats. I haven't even made Cherry Bomb yet, and that is with 5 balls (the only change I made). My 8 year old grandson has all the high scores. that little..... Love him to pieces though.

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

Congrats!

I bought mine in May, and it's been a struggle. The shots are tight, and some of the modes (especially MBs) are hard to finish. Mine is set up as factory default with the only change being replay awards an extra ball. I've put up some good scores (all highs are over 1B), so it takes a hell of a game to get the replay! I think this game has some of the best mode variety of any modern game. It's a blast to play.

#2956 5 years ago

congratulations on making to xander!! , I have my inlanes in and the ball save timer extended to 10 I think . I made it to immolation last night! the mode was not particularly memorable seemed like just another blur of multiballs, did not get a lot of scoring from any of the multiballs and ended up with score 860 M , ( highest score ever is 1.1B without ii) after it ended needed to complete one shot on kylm , groot and orb multiballs but choked.

I try to grab any multiplier when i can but I think my mistake is concentrating on keeping all the balls alive during multiballs ( which makes no sense since they are on ball save?) which leads to a bunch of ball just rattling around the lower playfield rather than concentrating on flashing shots

#2957 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Is that a look of shock or disgust? Lol

Shock Man. Your creations are shocking and never cease to amaze.

#2958 5 years ago

Hey Guys, anyone sitting on the different releases of the Pro code, I´d be happy to find any but the latest (1.4) Pro-code somewhere.

Cheers
/MiMa

#2959 5 years ago

Can anyone with a topper tell what the change in the lighting is based on the mode selected?
I see on v .95 code - "Added a main play background topper light effect (which illuminates the topper based upon the mode/multiball that is active)."

Is the lighting bulbs or surface mounted rgb leds ?

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Can anyone with a topper tell what the change in the lighting is based on the mode selected?
I see on v .95 code - "Added a main play background topper light effect (which illuminates the topper based upon the mode/multiball that is active)."
Is the lighting bulbs or surface mounted rgb leds ?

It changes color to match the mode selected. Green sibling rivalry etc.. not the best picture and this is attract mode, but you get the idea. Sorry for the blurry. This is what I had with me.

IMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpg

#2961 5 years ago

thanks insane, hard to see that the topper changes with the mode from the pics but do you have the speaker lights tied into the topper changes?

if yes how do you do that?

#2962 5 years ago

Guys

Not really had much time on my GOTGLE, I prefer to play STWRLE or my BW games.

I think the lack of code when it first came out has left a Sour taste.

Thinking about selling it and waiting to see what Munsters is like.

Or should I give it a go.. I’ve had some
Issues with the ORB pop up and magnets not holding the balls properly, I’ve tweaked them but really I’m not loving this game...

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Guys
Issues with the ORB pop up and magnets not holding the balls properly, I’ve tweaked them but really I’m not loving this game...

Sounds like you have answered your own question. If you don't like it and don't love playing it then why would you keep it.

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Guys

Try Cleland's sound package also for a different feel before it goes out the door. Why not?

#2965 5 years ago

And my last custom card printed in chrome vinyl! I love it!

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
[https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Free%20Play%20print3.jpg
Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Free Play print1.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Free Play print1.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Free Play print2.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Free Play print2.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Free Play print3.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Free Play print3.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can check designing details here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/57#post-4572442

I hope you like!

Regards

#2966 5 years ago

Got some work done today on the topper

IMG_20181020_145108498 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145108498 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145114564 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145114564 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145201261 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145201261 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145252882 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145252882 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145259783 (resized).jpgIMG_20181020_145259783 (resized).jpg
#2967 5 years ago

What colors are the inserts during the Ronan mode?

#2968 5 years ago

Ball 1 completed every character. Best ball 1 ever. Got to immolation but was one shot shy of save xandar. Totally bummed. Oh well. 4.2 billion ain’t bad!

399982EC-6823-45BB-BFD7-8C53E7FB2CB4.jpeg399982EC-6823-45BB-BFD7-8C53E7FB2CB4.jpeg
#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Got some work done today on the topper
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome, your airbrushing skills are insane!

Is it possible to airbrush items that are 3D printed? Half the stuff that’s rushed to capitalise on a new release would benefit from a badass paint job!

#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks insane, hard to see that the topper changes with the mode from the pics but do you have the speaker lights tied into the topper changes?
if yes how do you do that?

If you look at the topper in the 2 pics, you can see they are different colors. That is the same thing it does during modes. The speakers aren't tied in, but I am sure that there is a way to do it. I'm just not the guy to be able to figure it out, But I wish they were. Sorry for the delay, I was out of town all weekend.

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

If you look at the topper in the 2 pics, you can see they are different colors. That is the same thing it does during modes. The speakers aren't tied in, but I am sure that there is a way to do it. I'm just not the guy to be able to figure it out, But I wish they were. Sorry for the delay, I was out of town all weekend.

thanks for the info, I would love to have the speaker lights color correlate with the mode but does not appear to be an easy thing to do with the spike 2 ,

if easy to check are the lights in the topper leds mounted on a circuit board ?

do you remember what connector the topper attaches to ? thanks john

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What colors are the inserts during the Ronan mode?

ronan is the sanctuary mode with the hadrons lit and the left orbit insert lit yellow

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

ronan is the sanctuary mode with the hadrons lit and the left orbit insert lit yellow

Thanks!

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks for the info, I would love to have the speaker lights color correlate with the mode but does not appear to be an easy thing to do with the spike 2 ,
if easy to check are the lights in the topper leds mounted on a circuit board ?
do you remember what connector the topper attaches to ? thanks john

I'll check and reply..

#2975 5 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to share that I made these for my game today.

DSC_0073 (resized).JPGDSC_0073 (resized).JPG

#2976 5 years ago

thinking about joining the club folks, Pro or Premium?

#2977 5 years ago

Do it! I went pro. Couldnt justify the extra $$ for the prem. This will be my first NIB and gets delivered Friday.

#2978 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

On my LE the full RGB lighting looks really good when in modes and also in attract, the three magnets grab and divert the ball really well (if shimmed closer to the play field) and shaker is pretty well used, plus spinners are useful scoring in some modes. I think these are worth having, but not sure if they make it worth the extra £££.

The opening Orb doesn't make much difference really and you either love or hate the Groot arms. Really don't notice the moving Rocket figure as it fires the ball at you so fast there isn't time to notice him move!

#2979 5 years ago

Go pro and then add shaker and plastic
protectors for sure. I went a little overboard with mods on mine and it came out to around 6200 bux total which still left enough money to buy another pin(F2K)
when I was considering pro or premium.

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The Orb magnet action on the Prem/LE is insane! Put that together with the light show and the spinners game is pretty good. For us, the game is worth the extra.

Game is awesome, you will enjoy either version. Good luck!

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think this is one Stern where the Pro is sufficient as it's not lacking any major playfield feature other than the spinner. Whichever you get play it for a little while on the factory image and then install cleland sound mods and you'll REALLY enjoy it!

#2982 5 years ago

I messed up...
I could need a good scan of the rule card for the GOTG_Pro, so that I could print a new.
(or a url for a downloadable original) I can´t find any on Sterns webpage

Would anyone care to assist?

Cheers
/mima

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think this is one Stern where the Pro is sufficient as it's not lacking any major playfield feature other than the spinner. Whichever you get play it for a little while on the factory image and then install cleland sound mods and you'll REALLY enjoy it!

I agree, the Premium is great, but this is one of the few times where you're not missing a WHOLE lot by getting the pro.

#2984 5 years ago

Stern's best Pro in comparison to the Premium!

#2985 5 years ago

Decided to make my own topper with the funko pop gang!

9E12912E-32CB-43CF-834E-648F4CFDF136 (resized).jpeg9E12912E-32CB-43CF-834E-648F4CFDF136 (resized).jpeg
#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

[quoted image]

Don’t nudge and you are good to go!

#2987 5 years ago

I am finally far enough on my Guardians Project that I thought I would share a teaser... (Debating starting a thread to share how I'm going about doing what I'm doing and to get feedback / help where possible, but not sure how many people would be interested).

This all started as a problem that every premium / le owner has; you can't see when the Ronan shot is lit because of groots hands! After lots of thinking / research I did it. Not only was I able to get the data for the Ronan shot, but with my analyzing of the LED bus I was able to decipher how all the LEDs are talking and deciding what, and when to change colors.

The images show LEDs (one on groots arm, the other in Quill's scoop) matching colors for the shot. So they get lit when the shot is lit. I plan on running fiber optic (some side lit, some end lit; side lit shown in pictures) down groots arms to make it look like branches, and also tuck the fiber under the ramps so the ramp glows the matching color when the ramp is lit for a shot. Feedback is much appreciated XD

IMG_6292 (resized).PNGIMG_6292 (resized).PNGIMG_6293 (resized).PNGIMG_6293 (resized).PNGIMG_6294 (resized).PNGIMG_6294 (resized).PNGIMG_6295 (resized).PNGIMG_6295 (resized).PNGIMG_6296 (resized).PNGIMG_6296 (resized).PNGIMG_6297 (resized).JPGIMG_6297 (resized).JPG
#2988 5 years ago

It’s great to nudge them because they wiggle around. I mounted them to a thin piece of wood (yardstick) and then applied that to the top of the machine. Good times while playing.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Don’t nudge and you are good to go!

#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

It’s great to nudge them because they wiggle around. I mounted them to a thin piece of wood (yardstick) and then applied that to the top of the machine. Good times while playing.

Cool man. You have fun games in your collection. Enjoy the ride!

#2990 5 years ago

Thanks man. I have a MBrLE on order as well as a WoZ RR. Can’t wait to add the 2 more.

#2991 5 years ago

I've only just realised that the triangular signed cards on my LE at the bottom of my playfield should be illuminated.

Looking at the manual, these both seem to be on Lamp #277 along with the rest of the lower play field GI so I don't think its an issue with Node Board 8 (but I disconnected and reconnected the connector CN15 anyway which made no difference).

It seems that both come off a single connector to the loom (see pic) - I've disconnected and reconnected both sides of that (both connectors are female with a male-to-male joining piece inbetween.

I'm not sure what to do/check next. Its possible both LEDs are faulty (but probably unlikely), should I just connect up a spare LED to the pins on the joining piece and see if that works? Can I measure for a voltage across those pins (and what am I looking for).

Are there any other connectors/joints I may have missed? Node Board 8 is at the top of the play field so the wires run down the table but there are loads of wires so its hard to trace (but I can't really find any breaks).

Connector which feeds LED (resized).jpgConnector which feeds LED (resized).jpgGI 277 Test (resized).jpgGI 277 Test (resized).jpgLED under panel (resized).jpgLED under panel (resized).jpgPanels not lit in red triangles (#277 test is on) (resized).jpgPanels not lit in red triangles (#277 test is on) (resized).jpg
#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I've only just realised that the triangular signed cards on my LE at the bottom of my playfield should be illuminated.
Looking at the manual, these both seem to be on Lamp #277 along with the rest of the lower play field GI so I don't think its an issue with Node Board 8 (but I disconnected and reconnected the connector CN15 anyway which made no difference).
It seems that both come off a single connector to the loom (see pic) - I've disconnected and reconnected both sides of that (both connectors are female with a male-to-male joining piece inbetween.
I'm not sure what to do/check next. Its possible both LEDs are faulty (but probably unlikely), should I just connect up a spare LED to the pins on the joining piece and see if that works? Can I measure for a voltage across those pins (and what am I looking for).
Are there any other connectors/joints I may have missed? Node Board 8 is at the top of the play field so the wires run down the table but there are loads of wires so its hard to trace (but I can't really find any breaks).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Disconnect and measure the game side (not the led side) and I believe you should get 5vdc.

#2993 5 years ago

Talking about aprons... Would it be possible to use a premium apron in a pro and get that lit up?

#2994 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

[quoted image]

yeah those things are top heavy like crazy, be careful. I would honestly cut a thin piece of plastic or something, super glue the characters feet to it, then velcro the piece of plastic to the top.

#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from Erasmuz:

I am finally far enough on my Guardians Project that I thought I would share a teaser... (Debating starting a thread to share how I'm going about doing what I'm doing and to get feedback / help where possible, but not sure how many people would be interested).
This all started as a problem that every premium / le owner has; you can't see when the Ronan shot is lit because of groots hands! After lots of thinking / research I did it. Not only was I able to get the data for the Ronan shot, but with my analyzing of the LED bus I was able to decipher how all the LEDs are talking and deciding what, and when to change colors.
The images show LEDs (one on groots arm, the other in Quill's scoop) matching colors for the shot. So they get lit when the shot is lit. I plan on running fiber optic (some side lit, some end lit; side lit shown in pictures) down groots arms to make it look like branches, and also tuck the fiber under the ramps so the ramp glows the matching color when the ramp is lit for a shot. Feedback is much appreciated XD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks promising, I know nothing about fiber optics but from the pics it looks like you are illuminating the cable from a lit led on the machine ? or is the optic cable powered off the led bus?

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looks promising, I know nothing about fiber optics but from the pics it looks like you are illuminating the cable from a lit led on the machine ? or is the optic cable powered off the led bus?

I'm using an Arduino Nano and plugging into the LED bus. From there I interpret the data from the LED bus, and light up individually addressable leds based on the data. This way I can actually match the colors during gameplay, attract mode, game modes, etc. Not only that but it's all plug and play. Just plug the Nano into the SPI bus which provides power to the microcontroller and LEDs and it just works

I then 3D printed clips that keep the fiber snug and directly over the LED. So the fiber is lit from an LED, but it's not one from the machine.

Here's some early pictures of the LEDs matching and the Nano to hopefully better explain

IMG_6305 (resized).PNGIMG_6305 (resized).PNGIMG_6306 (resized).PNGIMG_6306 (resized).PNGIMG_6307 (resized).PNGIMG_6307 (resized).PNG
#2997 5 years ago

Sigh, orb lock strikes back. Since a bit of bending and adding washers my orb lock had been working good - used to get stuck up. Now it’s developed a machine gun issue where it persistently slams up and down for 10+ seconds before deciding to stay down.

Anybody fix this issue?

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

developed a machine gun issue where it persistently slams up and down for 10+ seconds before deciding to stay down.
Anybody fix this issue?

My NIB had the machine gun affect as well after I tweaked plate #24 a bit to correct the down motion. Is yours assembled right? Mine wasn't assembled from the factory correctly. The washer and snap ring were together so the spring 'walked' inside the drop target plastic. The washer should be against the drop target plastic - spring - snap ring. I still have some issues with my drop mech on the down motion however...but just something you can check along with #2 plastic shelf (ensure it's not cracked or excessive wear)
screenshot.751.jpgscreenshot.751.jpg

#2999 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I'll check and reply..

Sorry, didn't get back to you sooner. There are 2 sets of lights for the topper, the ones on the front piece, then the ones in the back piece. Not sure if they are mounted to a circuit board in the back piece, didn't disassemble. you can see the lights in the first pic, in the 2nd pic, you can see one of the sections lit up. The third has the hook-ups.

IMG-20181030-02184 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02184 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02186 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02186 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02188 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02188 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/60?hl=tungsten78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.