IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 171.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone have this happen on their pin?

Sometimes the replay animation plays for a long time without any sound (or seems to). Other times it doesn't.

#2852 5 years ago

Can anyone with a Prem/LE, confirm whether the coloured GI has been coded and implemented?

Was told the other week by an owner that the coloured GI still wasn’t coded in the Prem/LEs, just looking for a little confirmation before maybe going for a HUO LE.

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone with a Prem/LE, confirm whether the coloured GI has been coded and implemented?
Was told the other week by an owner that the coloured GI still wasn’t coded in the Prem/LEs, just looking for a little confirmation before maybe going for a HUO LE.

Hmmm... I can confirm that the light show on the pre/LE is MINDBLOWING! The colour wash and burst effects across the inserts are stunning during game play.

You would hold off on a purchase for the implementation of coloured GI in the code?! If that’s important to you, then by all means hold off... however, this pin is fantastic RIGHT NOW.

Loads of people will tell you the value proposition doesn’t make sense. “Go for the Pro! You’re getting almost the same game, for way less money!’, they’ll say.

I couldn’t disagree more. The light show alone is worth the upgrade to me. It’s visually transformative.

Plus, the 3 mag action during Orb Multiball is the most chaotic ball action I’ve ever seen. I’ve had balls coming down the playfield reverse direction and make an orbit. It’s WILD. Super fun.

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hmmm... I can confirm that the light show on the pre/LE is MINDBLOWING! The colour wash and burst effects across the inserts are stunning during game play.
You would hold off on a purchase for the implementation of coloured GI in the code?! If that’s important to you, then by all means hold off... however, this pin is fantastic RIGHT NOW.
Loads of people will tell you the value proposition doesn’t make sense. “Go for the Pro! You’re getting almost the same game, for way less money!’, they’ll say.
I couldn’t disagree more. The light show alone is worth the upgrade to me. It’s visually transformative.
Plus, the 3 mag action during Orb Multiball is the most chaotic ball action I’ve ever seen. I’ve had balls coming down the playfield reverse direction and make an orbit. It’s WILD. Super fun.

Thanks for the reply, certainly not something that would make me “hold off” from buying, more of a curiosity I wanted answering, it is odd that Stern would build the game with coloured GI, advertise it in the feature matrix then not use it.

#2855 5 years ago

I have joined the GOTG Club!
Arrived last week and I got it all set up with the new code installed!

"Abobally bo bo, abobally bo!"

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I have joined the GOTG Club!
Arrived last week and I got it all set up with the new code installed!
"Abobally bo bo, abobally bo!"

Nice! Big difference in play over STTNG huh?

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Nice! Big difference in play over STTNG huh?

OH yeah. Very different from STTNG.
I liked my STTNG. It was fun, and a good first pin to own.
GOTG is a great second game. different challenges and new skills i need to learn.
And WOW this is fast at times! A good John Borg design.

#2858 5 years ago

I’m upgrading my pro with a bit of colored GI. The premium says it has red, blue, and white. However, any pictures I’ve seen it appears to be purple...can anyone confirm? Perhaps it’s just the plastics over the blue? Or is blue and red being used together under all areas? Adding a spot on the left sling and turning the left spot towards the playfield has really brightened up those dark spots.

914DF2DD-ECFD-49C1-96FE-9AA411C95B7D (resized).png914DF2DD-ECFD-49C1-96FE-9AA411C95B7D (resized).png
#2859 5 years ago

Oooooo!!!!beautiful game

#2860 5 years ago

Enjoying playing and working on mastering the shots , left orbit and right ramp not yet!

Got to cherry bomb multiball last night but did not do a lot with it end score pathetic 290 mil.

I like that there are different approaches to scoring vs completing modes but what is the best approach if trying to complete modes? I find the extra mode 2 rounds hard to complete ( 10 blue ramp shots?? oh man!!!) so I guess go for a scoop shot at the end of the mode and then start a new one?

To me it would be more fun if the coding was setup to have the original mode non timed and the mode 2 timed and at the end of the mode 2 timer just have a new mode start

#2861 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I like that there are different approaches to scoring vs completing modes but what is the best approach if trying to complete modes? I find the extra mode 2 rounds hard to complete ( 10 blue ramp shots?? oh man!!!) so I guess go for a scoop shot at the end of the mode and then start a new one?

With the latest updates, there's no reason not to start a new mode as soon as you finish the last one. The level 2 modes stay active (until you complete it) for the life of the ball. So as you work on the new level 1 mode, you are also making progress on any level 2's that are still unfinished.

#2862 5 years ago

I did not know it worked that way , I thought once you start a new mode , the active mode 2 just ends and can not be restarted? once a mode is completed it can not be selected again by the flippers after a scoop shot , Is there a setting to change this?

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I did not know it worked that way , I thought once you start a new mode , the active mode 2 just ends and can not be restarted? once a mode is completed it can not be selected again by the flippers after a scoop shot , Is there a setting to change this?

It stays active. Notice that the character insert associated with the Mode 2 will stay lit until end of ball or it's completed.

#2864 5 years ago

I am loving this game!

Bought NIB.

Added Pinstadium Lighting. Speaker Lighting. Speaker Acrylic Guardians logos. Groot Hands. Walkman. Milano. Scoop Cliffy and light. Shooter lane guard. Orb insert. Plastic protectors. Kickback honeycomb. Ramp lighting. Shaker. Flipper bat covers. Cleland’s custom sound mix and stern headphone adapter.

Love it. Keep considering the stern topper but a little disappointed with its total lack of interactivity.

Photos are bright due to the pinstadium cycle during attract mode.

53A95E9A-23D4-4426-A808-486A83520CED (resized).jpeg53A95E9A-23D4-4426-A808-486A83520CED (resized).jpegCDA654D7-4587-4EFE-9716-414645D9C070 (resized).jpegCDA654D7-4587-4EFE-9716-414645D9C070 (resized).jpeg
#2865 5 years ago

had the common issue of the orb drop target not dropping when the ball is locked behind it. messed around for days with the common fixes i have seen, the washer fix, bending the whole assembly bracket to 90 degrees and bending the trigger plate to 90 , ech one would last for a few gmes and then have the probles again, so i pulled the assembly out to see how it works and how the fixes would help.

It is an ingenious device but a little misalignment in the trigger plate( part 24)( on the order of 1/8 inch or less) and it will not work

https://images.pinside.com/5/2c/5e/52c5e7ca9333d03b4751993e645dcf3131e95d8b.png

basically the target gets pushed up by the coil and has a small lip that rests on a narrow ledge when it is up, for it to drop the magnet is energized and that pulls the magnet side of the trigger plate into the magnet and this rocks the whole plate and allows the trigger nub on the other side of the plate to push the target off the ledge so it can drop. . on my machine the trigger nub was too far away to push the target , the target has a small groove in it which makes the nub travel distance even more.

i glued a small piece of white plastic into the groove to make the nub distance travel less critical . it can't be thicker than the lip on the drop target or the drop target will not catch on theassembly lip and won't stay up.. i filed a taper into it similar to what is on the drop target so it glides over the ledge lip, as well i bent the trigger side of the plate to about 110 degrees using a pair of needle nose pliers as this puts the nub closer to the drop target as well if however if the nub protrudes too far the target lip will not be able to rest on the assembly ledge and wont stay up! after i got done i realized you may be able to just bend the trigger side of the plate and the nub and not need to glue the little plastic piece onto the drop target

the magnet side of the trigger plate needs to be about 90 degrees, if it is greater than this it will be too far away from the magnet and will not be able to pulled into the magnet . the target will stay up even without the ball behind it , you will hear a soft click as the magnet field moves the trigger plate a little bit

hope this is helpful , it now works 100% and its great to see the ball get released and then swirled around by the playfield magnet.
difficult to describe this type of stuff but if you have the Assembly in hand it should make sense!

008 (resized).jpg008 (resized).jpg010 (resized).jpg010 (resized).jpg012 (resized).jpg012 (resized).jpg
#2866 5 years ago

Bos98 Where do the Groot hands come from?

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Haven’t found a response to this...looking to add some color to the GI on a pro.

I took a short video of my LE with the glass off trying to show and highlight the colored GI lighting in the play field.

Hope this helps.

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Level 2 modes ending when a new Level 1 mode is started was part of the early code. If you are seeing that happening, update to the newest code, because you are missing out on a lot more.

No, completed modes cannot be reselected, and there is no setting to change it. Once the Level 1 is completed, Level 2 will start. When the Level 2 is completed or the ball is lost, all function of that mode is over for the duration of the game. I can't speak to what happens after reaching SX...maybe everything resets. I've never gotten that far!

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I can't speak to what happens after reaching SX...maybe everything resets. I've never gotten that far!

After SX everything resets and you can play all the modes again. That's the only way to play a mode again once it's complete.

#2871 5 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

I took a short video of my LE with the glass off trying to show and highlight the colored GI lighting in the play field.

Thanks! Man the premium light show on that machine is awesome. This was a big help. Red, white, blue side by side for most GI.

#2872 5 years ago

Just a photo with my new phone. Trying to decide if I want to keep this or go back my iPhone 6S

332CBF88-6281-47AD-AF75-17842C1857FB.jpeg332CBF88-6281-47AD-AF75-17842C1857FB.jpeg
#2873 5 years ago

I picked up my new custom pinball cards designed by me last week. Here is rules card result printed over chrome vinyl:

Designed details of ver. 2 can be checked here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/55#post-4532909

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) ver. 2 printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print1.jpg

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) ver. 2 printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print2.jpg
Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPGGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

P.S.: I discard rules card ver. 1 here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/53#post-4515165

#2874 5 years ago

This game kicks some serious ass; have the le and damn game is sick

#2875 5 years ago

Does anyone know if their is an attract mode option for the pin? When you press the flipper button it shouts out a line?

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Does anyone know if their is an attract mode option for the pin? When you press the flipper button it shouts out a line?

If there is one, please let us know. I think there is no option for this yet.

#2877 5 years ago

I have had my game out on loan to a friend since May and just got it back. i am running V1.01 code. I read through the code updates since then , but had a couple questions:

What is the objective to hit in "Antiquities 2"? The only insert I see flashing in "A2" is the Orb. I have hit it but nothing out of the ordinary happens.

Has Anyone been awarded a Special?I have had the Special insert lit many times during II and SX, but have yet to score one, at least I don't think I have. It is difficult to focus on the screen during the multiballs. The only time I have been awarded a special was back in V1.0 and it was awarded as a Mystery award.

#2878 5 years ago

I bought the plastic protectors and I can’t get the left rail guide orange plastic protector to tighten down. It’s too thick to get the nut on any threading of the bolt. I was curious if anyone has had any experience with this problem and how people are going about fixing it? I was thinking about taking out the black spacers and shaving them down till I can.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I bought the plastic protectors and I can’t get the left rail guide orange plastic protector to tighten down. It’s too thick to get the nut on any threading of the bolt. I was curious if anyone has had any experience with this problem and how people are going about fixing it? I was thinking about taking out the black spacers and shaving them down till I can.

Take the washer off.

#2880 5 years ago

Sinestro oh yeah, I took the washers off but I don’t remember the rail guide plastics even having washers just the sling plastics.

#2881 5 years ago

On the topic of DropTargets not resetting:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/40#post-4382324

It is sadly a well known old issue that appears on many Stern machines.
SB No165 from 2006 regarding #world-poker-tour addresses this.

It makes me wonder why Stern never have made a proper fix /redesign of the drop targets.
+12 years and counting....

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

cheers
/mima

#2882 5 years ago

2 in a row....

Looking to be a proud owner ocf a NIB Pro in a couple of weeks and i have spent a few hours plowing through this 58 pages long thread....
*phew* but I have not found what I was looking for. Maybe i did not see the forest because all of the trees? So I´ll pop the question instead.

The only downside (as I see it) for the Pro vs Pre&LE is that it only has one magnet instead of three.
Is it possible to retro fit the two other magnets on a pro machine? Or is the playfield, mechs and programming
made different on the pro vs the Pre&LE in this concern?

Cheers
/mima

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from mima:

2 in a row....
Looking to be a proud owner ocf a NIB Pro in a couple of weeks and i have spent a few hours plowing through this 58 pages long thread....
*phew* but I have not found what I was looking for. Maybe i did not see the forest because all of the trees? So I´ll pop the question instead.
The only downside (as I see it) for the Pro vs Pre&LE is that it only has one magnet instead of three.
Is it possible to retro fit the two other magnets on a pro machine? Or is the playfield, mechs and programming
Cheers
/mima

Not possible. But the one Pro magnet works great.

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from mima:

On the topic of DropTargets not resetting:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/40#post-4382324
It is sadly a well known old issue that appears on many Stern machines.
SB No165 from 2006 regarding #world-poker-tour addresses this.
It makes me wonder why Stern never have made a proper fix /redesign of the drop targets.
+12 years and counting....
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf
cheers
/mima

THe more common issue with the orb drop target is that it does not drop when the ball is locked behind it, this service bulletin addresses the drop target not staying up( due to target not catching on ledge) vs not dropping( not being pushed off ledge)

I see marco has a listing for a new drop target assembly with a different configuration of the coil relay( magnet ) and trigger plate , looks similar to bally revenge from mars drop target, does anyone with a newer machine have this assembly ?

sterndroptarget (resized).jpgsterndroptarget (resized).jpg

correction, I checked with stern this picture is an older style of assembly # 500-9960-00
the one in gotg with the rocking trigger plate is # 500 1083-01 L6 is the newest
the 9960 looks like it might work better? , but the relay coil mounted on the side would interfere with the optical sensor?

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

THe more common issue with the orb drop target is that it does not drop when the ball is locked behind it, this service bulletin addresses the drop target not staying up( due to target not catching on ledge) vs not dropping( not being pushed off ledge)
I see marco has a listing for a new drop target assembly with a different configuration of the coil relay( magnet ) and trigger plate , looks similar to bally revenge from mars drop target, does anyone with a newer machine have this assembly ?
[quoted image]

I was referring to the post i linked to in my reply, where the post does not reset.

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Not possible. But the one Pro magnet works great.

Nothing's impossible.

I suppose if you knew what you were doing you could cut two extra circles in next the the magnet on the Pro, and wire them in to activate at the same time.

You'd lose some of the programming that fires the magnets separately, but you'd widen the area affected by the magnets.

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

[quoted image]

I am curious also? Anyone with newer machine have this style?

Also, did Marco use the right picture?

#2888 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am curious also? Anyone with newer machine have this style?
Also, did Marco use the right picture?[quoted image]

edited my post above....

#2889 5 years ago

this is my line up the GOTG is by far the best pin. shoots real good fun to play. on pinside its in last place. some people say its not that good of a game. i love the game play. should i get a deadpool ?? some say its not a very good game also.

20180429_175132 (resized).jpg20180429_175132 (resized).jpg
#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

this is my line up the GOTG is by far the best pin. shoots real good fun to play. on pinside its in last place. some people say its not that good of a game. i love the game play. should i get a deadpool ?? some say its not a very good game also.
[quoted image]

Deadpool looks a little repetitive but fun.
Maybe get MBr its always been a crowd pleaser.

#2891 5 years ago

what pin is MBR

#2893 5 years ago

I took a look at the Monster bash remake.that would be a good game. thanks

#2894 5 years ago

i love the game play. should i get a deadpool ?? some say its not a very good game also.
[quoted image]

Nice lineup. Grab an Iron Maiden!!!

#2895 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Some people played it with early code, made up their mind, and stick their fingers in their ears when people try to explain how far along it's come.

#2896 5 years ago

Thought about that one. iron maiden. but the head banging music is not my style.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from mima:

2 in a row....

Cheers
/mima

I just got a pro last week.
The other thing you might want is a shaker motor, but that's $100 at various sites and not too hard to install.
I'm happy with the lower price for the Pro and what it has. Great game.

#2898 5 years ago

the retro sound and video of deadpool i am thinking it will bring back memories of the 80s with the game play of the new game coding

#2899 5 years ago

should i get a deadpool ??

Yes ....DP even with the early code is a really fun game with some action packed modes. The humor and interaction with the screen is really good. Music is entertaining as well. Crossover ramp shot is satisfying and the disco multiball is ...well its disco While I like my GotG, its not as much fun as Deadpool.

#2900 5 years ago

oldmanpinball

You will enjoy Deadpool. Good game to compliment your Guardians. Different fun and shots. It's a winner too.

Also different than your Walking Dead. Nice cross section of a few Sterns if you add Deadpool to your mix. I'd bet you like it.

All my friends that have played my Deadpool are impressed with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/58?hl=melhadmj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.