IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 170.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.
I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.
Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.
Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.
Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.
Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.
Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”
Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

[quoted image][quoted image]

What size washers?

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

What size washers?

I don’t think outer width matters much. As long as the inner hole diameter is enough to fit over the magnet core screw. I’m not sure the exact size I used.

#2803 5 years ago

I installed pinstadiums in my GOTG Pro Tonight.

Looks amazing in person.
03DF631D-4924-479D-8A8E-E51A6FE7074F (resized).png03DF631D-4924-479D-8A8E-E51A6FE7074F (resized).png1EC9DE18-D5C4-4C3E-A943-169A04A67CCF (resized).png1EC9DE18-D5C4-4C3E-A943-169A04A67CCF (resized).png87BA222F-B851-4479-9DD8-84A044FA97A2 (resized).png87BA222F-B851-4479-9DD8-84A044FA97A2 (resized).png

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Can anyone with an LE or premium take some pics of the GI lighting for me? I know they have red blue and white bulbs mixed and i want to do this to the GI on my pro as i really like the way it looked

Haven’t found a response to this...looking to add some color to the GI on a pro.

#2805 5 years ago

A quick video of what I've added to my game.

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

A quick video of what I've added to my game.

That's one sweet looking pin. All those mods have you played any game. Lol just kidding. I want one just like yours.

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

What size washers?

I used three M5, 15mm diameter x 1mm thick washers on each magnet.

As has been said, the diameter really doesn't matter. On mine, two left some play so I added the third and the magnets really grab every time now.

#2808 5 years ago

I fixed my drop target not dropping with the ball behind it, by tightening up the small spring. I put an arrow pointing at it.

I honestly think someone messed up on a part number, because mine was so incredibly loose.

After tightening it up, it has worked every time. I'm going on 7+ months of it working perfectly.

9a546e2ba96ddbe334d1f34fe03cd89600c54311 (resized).jpg9a546e2ba96ddbe334d1f34fe03cd89600c54311 (resized).jpg
#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I fixed my drop target not dropping with the ball behind it, by tightening up the small spring. I put an arrow pointing at it.
I honestly think someone messed up on a part number, because mine was so incredibly loose.
After tightening it up, it has worked every time. I'm going on 7+ months of it working perfectly.
[quoted image]

I'm guessing by tightening it up you just cut it shorter?
Seems there are a couple of different problems with everyone's drop target on GOTG.

#2810 5 years ago

A couple observations. One, sometimes the ball kick into the shooter lane doesn't work. So it will try again, but two balls are kicked in. I can't find a power adjustment for this.

Two, adding washers to the magnet is not necessary. And it makes your playfield hot because it's touching. So I removed them. The key, as others have mentioned, is to not have the slope too steep.

I'm using cleland's Sinestro mix and it's great. I use a $15 Pyle 8" sub in the cab and it rocks. You can boost the bass in the settings.

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I'm guessing by tightening it up you just cut it shorter?
Seems there are a couple of different problems with everyone's drop target on GOTG.

That’s all I did.

It’s nice and tight now.

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Two, adding washers to the magnet is not necessary. And it makes your playfield hot because it's touching. So I removed them. The key, as others have mentioned, is to not have the slope too steep.

Adding washers is the only thing that worked for me. Adjusting the steepness did nothing to fix my issue of the magnet not catching the ball.

Adding the washers to the magnet makes it no closer to the playfield than the Magna slings are on Ghostbusters, and they engage more often than the orb magnet on GOTG.

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Adding washers is the only thing that worked for me. Adjusting the steepness did nothing to fix my issue of the magnet not catching the ball.
Adding the washers to the magnet makes it no closer to the playfield than the Magna slings are on Ghostbusters, and they engage more often than the orb magnet on GOTG.

Weird! When you consider the depth of the playfield, a couple washers is a small amount. I noticed mine could touch the wood with just one washer, so I only have a one washer gap.

Have you checked to see if it gets hot? My GB premium magnets don't seem to get hot, or at least not enough to heat the playfield. And the GB magnets are 3.3 ohm while these are 5.6 ohm, so you would think they pull less current.

#2814 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not trying to hijack the thread, but if there's anyway to lessen the stength of the magna slings on GB I want to know about it. Mine are more active than anything I've seen in videos. They make the magnets in my GotG Prem look like a joke, and my GotG magnet grabs the ball every time.

#2815 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Not trying to hijack the thread, but if there's anyway to lessen the stength of the magna slings on GB I want to know about it. Mine are more active than anything I've seen in videos. They make the magnets in my GotG Prem look like a joke, and my GotG magnet grabs the ball every time.

What it your wall power?
It has a big effect.

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Weird! When you consider the depth of the playfield, a couple washers is a small amount. I noticed mine could touch the wood with just one washer, so I only have a one washer gap.
Have you checked to see if it gets hot? My GB premium magnets don't seem to get hot, or at least not enough to heat the playfield. And the GB magnets are 3.3 ohm while these are 5.6 ohm, so you would think they pull less current.

That spot can get warm, but nothing I'm worried about. The magnet doesn't really engage much, just a ball grab out of the lock, and the Orb Multi-ball mode.

#2817 5 years ago

I just finished with my last custom card for this pinball. I hope you like!

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can find my other Guardians of the Galaxy cards here:

Rules Card ver. 2:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/55#post-4532909

Crew Card:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/56#post-4542065

Regards

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I would assume you could do the opposite to the fix listed here. Insert a pair of very thin washers in the bracket that holds the magnet core, thus moving the magnet away from your playfield slightly... but I wouldn’t want to do that. The Chaos IS the point!

Using my pic from the Mag Fix, I’d suggest inserting thin washers on the screws labeled 1 and 2.

F9D8B603-C4CB-43BF-B51A-128FAA5AB3A1 (resized).jpegF9D8B603-C4CB-43BF-B51A-128FAA5AB3A1 (resized).jpeg
#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

A couple observations. One, sometimes the ball kick into the shooter lane doesn't work. So it will try again, but two balls are kicked in. I can't find a power adjustment for this.

Mine started feeding two balls on occasion. I disconnected the two connectors on the ball trough feeder, and reseated them. This fixed it. I think there was a poor connection.

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

but I wouldn’t want to do that. The Chaos IS the point!

It's a love/hate relationship. I love the Magna Slings as long as they don't screw me. Throw the ball around all you want, but don't drop it SDTM when I'm in StayPuft on my last ball! I probably won't do anything to it, but it's good to know how if I get pissed off enough. Thanks!

...back to GotG!

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I just finished with my last custom card for this pinball. I hope you like!
"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
You can find my other Guardians of the Galaxy cards here:
Rules Card ver. 2:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/55#post-4532909
Crew Card:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/56#post-4542065
Regards

So how do we get these without the whole screenshot in them? Are you planning to sell them? Is that why you don't just post the score card JPEG itself?

#2822 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So how do we get these without the whole screenshot in them? Are you planning to sell them? Is that why you don't just post the score card JPEG itself?

He spams lots of threads with these screenshots of cards, but never releases them. Says he's trying to inspire you to create your own, but I'm assuming he's posting them to either show them off or sell them under the table since he doesn't have copyright on the images.

#2823 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hi Sinestro!

No, they will not be availables to download. Reason? I explained it a lot of time (point three):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos#post-3998261

Sorry for it!

I can help you to design your own Guardians of the Galaxy custom cards or whatever, If you want. Design and restore is a very, very funny entertaiment for me!

Regards

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Awesome. Glad it helped you out!

I was about to try this to fix mine and simply fiddling with the thing made it work. Never actually did anything to it except manually move everything and detach and reattach the spring...

Been working for over a week and many plays; but will keep the washer fix bookmarked in case the issue comes up again.

#2825 5 years ago

So this just happened..... yes. Cherry bomb. Anyone beat it?

3480B41A-519D-4562-945E-7289DAED22DF (resized).jpeg3480B41A-519D-4562-945E-7289DAED22DF (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 5 years ago

Updated the code finally, and on Peters quest it will feed 2 balls instead of one. Only does this if I select his mode. Am I missing something? Thanks everyone.

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Updated the code finally, and on Peters quest it will feed 2 balls instead of one. Only does this if I select his mode. Am I missing something? Thanks everyone.

Quill’s quest always starts with a 2ball multi - only for the first ball of the quest.

#2828 5 years ago

You're OK. This is a 2 ball multiball mode and thus requires many more shots to be hit. After one ball drains, the mode stops and you need to hit the scoop to re-start it, which then continues only as a one ball mode or choose a different mode.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Quill’s quest always starts with a 2ball multi - only for the first ball of the quest.

Thank you! It didn’t prior to the code update.

#2830 5 years ago

Quills Quest - two ball fooled a fellow pinhead at my house the other night. He thought there was something wrong with the game.

It might take awhile for this to become common knowledge for those not playing the game often or those that have played on older code.

I like that change in rules. Adds a dimension. Though I wouldn't want to see it happen in more titles.... could get confusing.

#2831 5 years ago

Quills quest is also a trap mode. absolute last mode I attempt to complete. Yaka/antiquities then pod/sibling to get to cherry bomb.

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Quills quest is also a trap mode. absolute last mode I attempt to complete. Yaka/antiquities then pod/sibling to get to cherry bomb.

I disagree, Quill's is awesome for finding the scoop shot. It also gives you crazy good points in bonus.

#2833 5 years ago

You dont do sanctuary? Seems like 2 shots to complete

#2834 5 years ago

Redid my antifatigue mat to a new design. Seems to match color of cabinet better.

20180909_122257 (resized).jpg20180909_122257 (resized).jpg20180909_122442 (resized).jpg20180909_122442 (resized).jpg

20180909_122257-1 (resized).jpg20180909_122257-1 (resized).jpg
#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You dont do sanctuary? Seems like 2 shots to complete

I like Sanctuary too. Super skill shot to pick off the target under the scoop, then flail to hit the easy targets, left orbit to clean up. But it’s all-or-nothing, so that’s one big drawback.

#2836 5 years ago

I love Sanctuary. No, wait, I hate Sanctuary. Can't decide. If I'm feeling brave, I'll try it but I usually try to select it right before a multiball is coming or if that left loop is flowing easy for me.

Nothing more frustrating than seeing that timer ticking down, flailing away at that final shot, only to miss it and have to start all over again. Kudos again to the coder... exciting mode.

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Thank you! It didn’t prior to the code update.

It was part of the massive .90 code update.

#2838 5 years ago

I generally wait on Sanctuary before a mb too. Too risky for me with all those stand up shots and no control back to flipper, not to mention no save progress. I always focus on fully completing 4 modes to reach CB. Wondering if anyone focuses on 50% of all modes to reach Imolation..I’ve yet to get there.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

I generally wait on Sanctuary before a mb too. Too risky for me with all those stand up shots and no control back to flipper, not to mention no save progress. I always focus on fully completing 4 modes to reach CB. Wondering if anyone focuses on 50% of all modes to reach Imolation..I’ve yet to get there.

I had a great game last week and after completing Cherry Bomb MB focused on and got to Immolation, great fun! I need to spend more time on this game and see how close to Save Xandar I can get.

#2840 5 years ago

Sanctuary is super easy once you get the hang of it.

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

then flail to hit the easy targets

My game doesn't allow flailing!! I usually only go for Sanctuary if I shoot the scoop to start a new mode and there's one shot left to start MB (same applies for Kyln). Since it's home play, I'll sometimes go into Sanctuary to see if my shot making has improved...all signs point to no.

#2842 5 years ago

I quite often go for Sanctuary as the first mode.

Then if I complete it, all good. If not, I use the rest of the game to practice shots, catches and control.

(Can never seem to hit the damn scoop shot when I need to, get so many 'close' bounce outs, so its quite good I often get to practice!)

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I quite often go for Sanctuary as the first mode.
Then if I complete it, all good. If not, I use the rest of the game to practice shots, catches and control.
(Can never seem to hit the damn scoop shot when I need to, get so many 'close' bounce outs, so its quite good I often get to practice!)

Borg and Ritchie side scoops frustrate me.

I like Gomez's scoops. More centered, easier to hit.

I'm not sure why a designer wants to make the scoop a hard shot. It's utilized so much in the game, it needs to be more reliably made.

Save other shots for difficulty.

#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Borg and Ritchie side scoops frustrate me.
I like Gomez's scoops. More centered, easier to hit.
I'm not sure why a designer wants to make the scoop a hard shot. It's utilized so much in the game, it needs to be more reliably made.
Save other shots for difficulty.

Never really thought about it. I agree. Definitely seem have more fun playing our games with central scoops.

#2845 5 years ago

New code seems to have just dropped.

PRO V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018
=====================

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range
is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

—————————————————————-

LE/PRE V1.04 - Sept. 6, 2018
=====================

- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range
is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range
is 64 to 255.

#2846 5 years ago

New member here! Bought a PRO with lots of nice mods from nevus , It might have been the quickest sale in Pinside history, , was looking for a newer stern for my second pin , had played a few games with unknown code on location and liked it, mostly banging groot multiball, I was looking at NIB MET or AS( both I had played a bunch and liked but not so much the themes) vs DP without playing. .I had waded through all 50+ pages of this thread and while it looked a little shaky at release it now seems pretty solid with the code updates.

AT lunch saw nevus's ad , with his phone number and called him apparently within a minute of him putting the ad up andhe was in the middle of posting the pics! He is a great guy and We quickly had a deal and he went out of his way to carefully pack and get shipped although sti estimate of " 2 weeks" turned out to be almost 3 weeks!

Delivered yesterday (mysteriously without the pallet nevus had strapped it to, will check with sti about this ) but super well wrapped and intact. Set it up , took a while to find the on button but shoots really nice, some tight shots but satisfying to nail, has the new code and cleland sound mod which I love( Cat stevens- how great!!!) . issues with orb drop target which I will address tonight. very happy!

gotgfull (resized).jpggotgfull (resized).jpggotgfull (resized).jpggotgfull (resized).jpg
#2847 5 years ago

Finally hit 2 billion tonight for the first time. Only 2nd time getting to Save Xandar. It was one of those games where you’re down to ball 3 early.....and somehow it becomes your best game ever.

1954FA31-CAEE-49E0-B539-88B21C6CDC47 (resized).jpeg1954FA31-CAEE-49E0-B539-88B21C6CDC47 (resized).jpeg
#2848 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the animations seem to almost pause when you hit a lit shot? I notice mostly on Pod and sibling rivalry. And the replay animation plays for a long time before it knocks.
If this is something wrong, what should i be looking for to fix?

#2849 5 years ago

The silhouette toppers are now available in my Pinside shop and through Mezelmods. RGB lighting topper kit is not included, but can be purchased through Mezelmods.

GOTG Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpg
#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone noticed the animations seem to almost pause when you hit a lit shot? I notice mostly on Pod and sibling rivalry. And the replay animation plays for a long time before it knocks.
If this is something wrong, what should i be looking for to fix?

Anyone have this happen on their pin?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/57?hl=pinballjj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.