IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 171.
#2751 5 years ago

Got the stern topper today. Pretty happy with it. With the new code updates it seems to be integrated a bit (leds change color based on current mode, and the flashers sync with lights on the PF). Wife and kids like it as well. Also added the shaker motor last week. My eldest daughter (11) got the gc score our ours so now is super happy. Not going to show her the 1b score from above though lol

#2752 5 years ago

I finished with my Crew Card. I like to change logos in my cards for add more variability (in rules card there is a golden/brown logo).

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I finished with my Crew Card. I like to change logos in my cards for add more variability (in rules card there is a golden/brown logo).
"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Cool. Are you going to release these?

#2754 5 years ago

Everytime i play i have airballs because of the droptarget.
Some suggestions?
The bubble is in the middle.

#2755 5 years ago
Quoted from May:

Everytime i play i have airballs because of the droptarget.
Some suggestions?
The bubble is in the middle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-orb-airball-protector-plastic-protector-in-one

Also raise your flipper rubber higher on flipper - close to the top.

#2756 5 years ago

bravo

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Cool. Are you going to release these?

Yes, ahead!

I have to design a "Free Play" card to complete this serie and I have to order some print tests, because I print all my cards in chrome vinyl.

Chrome Vinyl. Mikonos.jpgChrome Vinyl. Mikonos.jpg

Regards!

#2758 5 years ago

Loving my first 2 days with this pin. However, I am having the issue I've seen brought up a few times where the ball is getting stuck behind the Orb drop target. I'm running 1.03 and haven't come across any solutions. Could someone point me in the right direction? Occasionally, even a few ball searches does not release. It seems the target is being pushed up rather than down in these cases...

#2759 5 years ago

I know it's not much... But I got to Immolation Initiative last night for the first time since owning this pin. What a rush! I was so excited that I only scored about 40 million on it, but at least my name is on the machine now.

After I was done with Immolation, I was 1 shot in Kiln away from getting to Save Xandor. You know what shot I'm talking about.

#2760 5 years ago

NEW GotG Interactive Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=900

-- Shot Map displays interactive shot markers for the selected rule
-- Optimized for Cell Phones

Please check it out

pbz_GotG (resized).pngpbz_GotG (resized).png
#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

NEW GotG Interactive Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=900
-- Shot Map displays interactive shot markers for the selected rule
-- Optimized for Cell Phones
Please check it out
[quoted image]

Awesome love these guides, are they created by you?

Still wish Save Xander had victory laps instead of just resetting.

#2762 5 years ago

Quick video showing a few basic mods on my GOTG Pro.

307225D3-D211-41DE-9274-A2BCC6126AEF (resized).jpeg307225D3-D211-41DE-9274-A2BCC6126AEF (resized).jpeg
#2763 5 years ago

I just got my Gotg Pro tonight and I love it! 1 thing, I'm finding that the Leds are too bright above the ramps ( I think there are 5 or 6 on that backboard ) has anyone swapped those out for colored ones? Seems too bright for my taste. Just curious.

20180819_201703 (resized).jpg20180819_201703 (resized).jpg20180819_201709 (resized).jpg20180819_201709 (resized).jpg
#2764 5 years ago

Unless the backboard leds are integrated into the game, I almost always pull them and put in a colored strip or a color changing strip.

#2765 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Unless the backboard leds are integrated into the game, I almost always pull them and put in a colored strip or a color changing strip.

That looks awesome! The way the light colours the ramps looks so good.
But that sdtm light looks bloody brilliant! The extra little detail on some of the colours on that low part of the playfield is very cool.

#2766 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That looks awesome! The way the light colours the ramps looks so good.
But that sdtm light looks bloody brilliant! The extra little detail on some of the colours on that low part of the playfield is very cool.

We sell them on our website: https://lermods.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mods

#2767 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks!!! I'm gonna do this.

#2768 5 years ago

I also routinely delete or dim down (frosted) backwall bulbs where it makes sense. Like lermods did, don’t be afraid to simply pull them. His products/instructions/support are good too if you want to spend a couple bucks and improve upon the stock experience.

#2769 5 years ago

I put frosted colored ones in. I went with blue, ice blue, and a green. You can get some great ideas if you go thru the photos on this post. I also put in the trough light, scoop light, Groot light, and target light. I still have to install my ramp lights and my new sign. Have fun with it and make sure to pick up some plastic protectors. That ball likes to fly on this game.

#2770 5 years ago

I thought this was an appropriate custom message for the game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Loving my first 2 days with this pin. However, I am having the issue I've seen brought up a few times where the ball is getting stuck behind the Orb drop target. I'm running 1.03 and haven't come across any solutions. Could someone point me in the right direction? Occasionally, even a few ball searches does not release. It seems the target is being pushed up rather than down in these cases...

Melhadmj

Here is how I fixed mine. If you look at the drop target assembly (page 44 in the manual). You will see the part labeled 24 (BRACKET, 1-BANK DT TRIP) This is the part that the magnet will pull to drop the orb target. Mine was bent a bit out of shape so it would get stuck on the lower edge and the magnet couldn't pull it. From the top it would look like it was trying to push it up, because it was cycling from try to drop it, try to reset it.

What I did was take the drop target out/apart and bent part 24 to be closer to 90degrees (just pinched both edges together) so that it wouldn't be able to get stuck on the lower edge anymore. This has 100% solved the problem with orb getting stuck. Hope this helps and I explained it well enough.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 9.29.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-21 at 9.29.07 PM (resized).png
#2772 5 years ago

joined the club, hope to see my pro in 2 weeks or so, any must have protectors for this game?

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

joined the club, hope to see my pro in 2 weeks or so, any must have protectors for this game?

https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2016.htm

Get the Rocket, Right Orbit, and Lane & Sling protectors.

They not only protect the plastic, but make a glowing halo around these pieces that looks great!

#2774 5 years ago

Hey everyone so I don’t know what’s up with my LE but whenever I hit the start button to play a game it takes me right into a mission without me being able to select what mission I want to play. It just started doing this. I used to be able to pick the mission after I hit that start button. Is it a setting in the adjustments menu that I am missing cause I don’t see anything in there? Any help is appreciated !!!

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Hey everyone so I don’t know what’s up with my LE but whenever I hit the start button to play a game it takes me right into a mission without me being able to select what mission I want to play. It just started doing this. I used to be able to pick the mission after I hit that start button. Is it a setting in the adjustments menu that I am missing cause I don’t see anything in there? Any help is appreciated !!!

Yes, there is a setting that enables you to choose your mission before the plunge. It is on by default.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

This happened to me when I first setup my machine. Ended up being the leaf switch for the enforcer button was making contact all the time. I put a little bend in it, and no longer had any issues. You can verify by jumping into the machine diagnostics and checking the switch for the button.

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes, there is a setting that enables you to choose your mission before the plunge. It is on by default.

That setting shouldn't auto-start a mode though, if it's set to off you have to hit the scoop to start a mission. I had my game setup that way for a while but my wife did not like it so now it's back to letting you choose before you launch.

#2778 5 years ago

Anyone that bought the GOTG topper could you please scan or take a pic of the install instructions and PM me it.

Thanks!

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Anyone that bought the GOTG topper could you please scan or take a pic of the install instructions and PM me it.
Thanks!

Pm sent.

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from doon:

What I did was take the drop target out/apart and bent part 24 to be closer to 90degrees (just pinched both edges together) so that it wouldn't be able to get stuck on the lower edge anymore. This has 100% solved the problem with orb getting stuck. Hope this helps and I explained it well enough.

Thanks doon for the reply!

I tried to save some time and added the washer to part 24 that you pointed out. murfe88 had posted the below picture. I ended up only adding the washer to the right side and so far it has worked every time!

Orb drop (resized).jpgOrb drop (resized).jpg
#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Thanks doon for the reply!
I tried to save some time and added the washer to part 24 that you pointed out. murfe88 had posted the below picture. I ended up only adding the washer to the right side and so far it has worked every time!
[quoted image]

I tried that fix as well and it only lasted a couple of days for us. Funny was that it would work fine for me, but once my wife would play, a game or two in and bam back to the issue..

#2782 5 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

I had the same issues with my LE after about 100 games. Turned out I had an orb drop issue. I called Stern and they sent me two parts which I installed and the problem still existed. Then they sent me a whole new mechanism which I installed and no problem what so ever. They also mentioned it is a common problem.

Hope this helps if you haven't figured it out yet

#2783 5 years ago

I had the Orb drop issue, replacement didn’t help. Bending the top bracket to 90 degrees worked - here’s a picture.

08FCF93F-D516-4337-9ABE-D9EF38F140C5 (resized).jpeg08FCF93F-D516-4337-9ABE-D9EF38F140C5 (resized).jpeg
#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from 89RedLX:

I had the Orb drop issue, replacement didn’t help. Bending the top bracket to 90 degrees worked - here’s a picture.
[quoted image]

Yes, this EXACTLY!

This is what Kneissl did to mine to fix it. He pushed the entire assembly with his palm so it bent to 90 degrees. It didn't take much to get it to 90, but they aren't bent completely from the manufacturer for some reason.

#2785 5 years ago

Im new to Stern. Need help on GOTG. First, it was playing good but not the motor to Groot stopped working. Any ideas. Where are the fuses in this game??

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im new to Stern. Need help on GOTG. First, it was playing good but not the motor to Groot stopped working. Any ideas. Where are the fuses in this game??

I would start by checking the connector and the coil resistance. No fuses on these Spike games I think, unless you consider each node board a fuse.

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I would start by checking the connector and the coil resistance. No fuses on these Spike games I think, unless you consider each node board a fuse.

Thanks. Its fixed now. Now to fix the drop target issue.

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks. Its fixed now. Now to fix the drop target issue.

What was the fix?

#2789 5 years ago

test fitting our Orb on a pro.
Passed and off to final casting.
Metal detail -two tone inner lining and natural stone with integrated lighting.
resized orb with crystal (resized).jpgresized orb with crystal (resized).jpg

resized orb off (resized).jpgresized orb off (resized).jpg
#2790 5 years ago

Just had my best game, I know I will not ever top this score.
Finished all but 1 mode, but was halfway through it. Completed groot multi also.

20180827_172541 (resized).jpg20180827_172541 (resized).jpg
#2791 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What was the fix?

The motor connector under the playfield was loose.

#2792 5 years ago
IMG_20180826_170127_627 (resized).jpgIMG_20180826_170127_627 (resized).jpg
#2793 5 years ago

This may have already been covered here, but I had an issue with my Orb Drop Target not dropping. In coil test, I could see that the coil was in fact firing, but it seemed too weak to pull the bracket up and drop the target.

I tested the voltage of the coil, and it was fine.

My next assumption was that the bracket was getting jammed somehow. I found that when I placed the drop release bracket directly in the Center of the mech... it worked properly. So, I tried to get it to sit there using thin washers... but that didn’t work. In fact it made the issue worse.

My solution to the problem was VERY rudimentary, but it worked like a charm.

I simply torqued the entire mech slightly towards the lockdown bar. I surmised that this would leave the bracket with less distance to travel to grab the magnet, and drop the coil. It works perfectly now.

I applied gentle steady pressure to the entire mech, which bent the bracket ever so slightly and solved the issue. I hope this info is helpful.

AB818626-3628-4E53-B18D-B6DC0D1F2A4A (resized).jpegAB818626-3628-4E53-B18D-B6DC0D1F2A4A (resized).jpeg
#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This may have already been covered here, but I had an issue with my Orb Drop Target not dropping. In coil test, I could see that the coil was in fact firing, but it seemed too weak to pull the bracket up and drop the target.
I tested the voltage of the coil, and it was fine.
My next assumption was that the bracket was getting jammed somehow. I found that when I placed the drop release bracket directly in the Center of the mech... it worked properly. So, I tried to get it to sit there using thin washers... but that didn’t work. In fact it made the issue worse.
My solution to the problem was VERY rudimentary, but it worked like a charm.
I simply torqued the entire mech slightly towards the lockdown bar. I surmised that this would leave the bracket with less distance to travel to grab the magnet, and drop the coil. It works perfectly now.
I applied gentle steady pressure to the entire mech, which bent the bracket ever so slightly and solved the issue. I hope this info is helpful.
[quoted image]

Did you try what 89RedLX did above? I think by pushing on it you did the same thing?

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you try what 89RedLX did above? I think by pushing on it you did the same thing?

Haha. Yes, it appears that’s exactly what I did, but without removing the mech. Just a gentle push on the mech corrected the problem. I didn’t even read the thread, I just solved a problem I was having, and decided to report my solution here.

Hope it helps. As you were!

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image]

That on location?

#2797 5 years ago

Yes. Hardywood West Creek. Richmond, Va. I have a question. Updating to the latest code 1.03, do you press full install or quick update?

#2798 5 years ago

I finally got around to adding washers to the magnets on my LE as brilliantly shown by MapleSyrup in post #2129 from Tungsten78 instructions.

WOW! It makes a huge difference. Exits from Orb lock now grabs the ball and spin it around every time and the deflections in Orb multi ball are now crazy.

Thanks for such a detailed set of instructions and photos - made it really easy for a novice to do!

#2799 5 years ago

I still have to install my blue ramp lights, but I put some more mods and protection on today. I took advantage of Mezel Mods’ sale that is going on.

I went with the green sign. With my blue scoop light it almost looks like a combination of both colors. I like it.

F298ECFB-36C4-4E1E-976B-6014930EE221 (resized).jpegF298ECFB-36C4-4E1E-976B-6014930EE221 (resized).jpeg
#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I finally got around to adding washers to the magnets on my LE as brilliantly shown by maplesyrup in post #2129 from tungsten78 instructions.
WOW! It makes a huge difference. Exits from Orb lock now grabs the ball and spin it around every time and the deflections in Orb multi ball are now crazy.
Thanks for such a detailed set of instructions and photos - made it really easy for a novice to do!

Awesome. Glad it helped you out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/56?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.