IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 171.
#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

With the way this is built it should bolt up using the LE bracket - simple swap.
Pro will be a bolt up quick and easy (bracket included). LE bracket should fit but I need to find a local or have someone send a donor to test. Realistic time frame is Expo.

Awesome! If you can make one that open and closes with a gem for the Prem/LE it will be a must have for Prem/LE owners, sign me up!

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I scored a 1,5 bil game, then 3 games below 20 billion.. one 8 . This is because I stupidly decided to start those games with escape kyln for a laugh.. wasnt funny!
Then I just picked yonda, like usual, then knowhere, finished both and had groot ready, stacked that with kyln. Because I had plenty multipliers lit by then, I decided to cash in safely with quill multi. Didnt last long.. picked off antiquities with orb, which left me ready for cherry.
Made that with an 879 bil and just shy of 2 bil total.
Started playing quill solo, managed to complete it, and started groot together with nebula. I somehow find her ramp the hardest shot.. go figure.
Didnt complete it, and had two shitty house balls due to mag orb releases out the left.
Last ball, nebula, sibling and both mb’s to complete.. I thought this wont get me there, so decided to go for immolation, hadnt done that before.
Made it by the skin of my teeth, and somehow just kept hitting what I needed.
Came out with a sjp which I missed scorewise, but I was just under 3bil total.
Allright.. sibbling left to finish, and I did but as I celebrated I lost control, and it dropped out the middle grrr..
But....I was revived.., I had collected a score EB somewhere, not sure where, 8 mode completion maybe?
So, both mb’s to complete.. played both twice, so far along but both on 0 lock.
Groot first, just 5 shots, and done. Drained to 1 ball. Orb.., 9 shots.. and I made it once again, feeling like a pro now.
As I hit the super , I drained to 1 ball, the scoop lit purple , and I hit it clean.
Game paused, and looked like it was going for add-a-ball, and I thought.. noooo, ( first time for that) , but it changed its mind and started up the screen xandar intro.
I just kept hitting the right shots, reviving MB every time, and got a 1,3bil sjp at the end.
Anti-climax when you start over again with nothing lit, so I let it roll, mission achieved!
I’m selling my LE now, superb game, but I know the challenge is gone for me now. Time to fully seriously dive into new stuff. If Maiden is better, who knows..might unpack mine now. gotg is good and deep enough for most, I can only recommend it as a fun family game !
Sorry for the long story

Great story, don’t apologize. Someone over there is gonna get an awesome LE. If you can figure out a way to get Mummy card consistently in Maiden you’ll beat that too in no time.

#2703 5 years ago

First... big shout out to Pat Powers at Stern pinball. Spoke with him over the phone and Stern is going to make things right with my blurry screen since it’s a board issue and not a simple cable issue. Great customer service.
Second.... here are some pics of the orb I replaced that I bought off eBay. I added a purple amethyst stone and back lit it with an led light tapped off the Groot spot light. Looks awesome for gameplay. This is on a “pro” version

1B6DDB0F-3608-4CF0-83CF-D9A09A3EF5E2 (resized).jpeg1B6DDB0F-3608-4CF0-83CF-D9A09A3EF5E2 (resized).jpeg881082AB-D5A8-4D19-99C1-AA8B42D79ED9 (resized).jpeg881082AB-D5A8-4D19-99C1-AA8B42D79ED9 (resized).jpeg8C51556B-1471-4AAD-91A4-5FFD14B2CCBD (resized).jpeg8C51556B-1471-4AAD-91A4-5FFD14B2CCBD (resized).jpeg
#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

First... big shout out to Pat Powers at Stern pinball. Spoke with him over the phone and Stern is going to make things right with my blurry screen since it’s a board issue and not a simple cable issue. Great customer service.
Second.... here are some pics of the orb I replaced that I bought off eBay. I added a purple amethyst stone and back lit it with an led light tapped off the Groot spot light. Looks awesome for gameplay. This is on a “pro” version
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude! That is so rad. I haven't figured out how to wire them right, I'll definitely need pointers.

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Very cool, looks like it could work on the LE as the orb is hollow in the centre? Nice work!

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Was that one of those kit ones, the orb, I mean?

#2707 5 years ago

I purchased the orb off eBay. It looks to be 3D printed and is much more detailed than the one that comes with the game. On eBay it was titled “replica orb”. It was $40. Then I detached the original one and used the same brackets and screwed in the new one. Then I bought the amethyst raw stone for like $4 at a gem shop. Ran the spotlight and crafted a mount for the stone.

#2708 5 years ago

Well test fit went well. Scale and detail is on point.
Ours is cast metal just like a real orb - no 3d print or paint.
Loving it so far more to come.
Hookedonpinball.com
IMG_1754 (resized).jpgIMG_1754 (resized).jpg

IMG_1755 (resized).jpgIMG_1755 (resized).jpg
#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Well test fit went well. Scale and detail is on point.
Ours is cast metal just like a real orb - no 3d print or paint.
Loving it so far more to come.
Hookedonpinball.com [quoted image]

Looking good.

Will cast metal be to heavy for the motor that opens it?

#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looking good.
Will cast metal be to heavy for the motor that opens it?

No its not solid.

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Ours is cast metal just like a real orb

Sorry, but I find this humorous. A real orb? It's a fictional movie and a set prop.

#2712 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Sorry, but I find this humorous. A real orb? It's a fictional movie and a set prop.

Why you gotta ruin the magic?

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Why you gotta ruin the magic?

Sorry. Groot's not made of real wood, either.

#2714 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Wanna bet? I’m just finishing my all wood Groot mod

A41F5026-536B-4AD7-A94F-0D577FF3FE45 (resized).jpegA41F5026-536B-4AD7-A94F-0D577FF3FE45 (resized).jpeg
#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The spoilers just keep coming

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's exactly what someone hiding a real orb would say.

#2717 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's exactly what someone hiding a real orb would say.

Next thing you know he's gonna tell us Santa Clause ain't real...Yeah right, who does he thinks puts all those presents under the tree? PARENTS?!? HA!

#2718 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Lol wish it were functional. I thought the stern version was a good effort just could be better. More movie like "real" collector quality rather than toy like.

#2719 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Lol wish it were functional. I thought the stern version was a good effort just could be better. More movie like "real" collector quality rather than toy like.

It literally would have cost them the same to put a little more effort into it. Like a guy spending an additional few hours that would have been the difference.

#2720 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanna bet? I’m just finishing my all wood Groot mod [quoted image]

It may be wood but the eyes are real and keep looking at me.

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It may be wood but the eyes are real and keep looking at me.

Yeah they where easy to get Rocket always carries spare eyes in his butthol...backpack

#2722 5 years ago

Well, I redid my rules card without hexans. Here results:

"Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules ver. 2" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules2.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules ver. 2" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules2.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules ver. 2" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Guardians%20Of%20The%20Galaxy%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules2.%20Mikonos3.jpg
Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules2. Mikonos1.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules2. Mikonos1.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules2. Mikonos2.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules2. Mikonos2.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules2. Mikonos3.jpgGuardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Rules2. Mikonos3.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

My first design here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/53#post-4515165

Regards

#2723 5 years ago

Just joined the club! First NIB, counting days to delivery...

#2724 5 years ago

Congrats...you'll love it!

#2725 5 years ago

anybody else have stress fractures all over their ramp support tabs?
my game has been on location for maybe 7 months and I have 4 tabs that have completely broken off and the rest have really bad stress fractures.

Was looking at other games with plastic ramps and even though there are a few stress fractures it's nothing like this game. Was thinking maybe it was due to how fast the ball was traveling and the resistance met along the way (with all the curves)?

Think I'm going to start adding a washer & rubber washer underneath the ramp supports for games that have plastic ramps, still crazy since it relatively new. I always expect this when the game is like 5-10 years old but, 7 months is a little fast to be replacing ramps...right?

#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

anybody else have stress fractures all over their ramp support tabs?
my game has been on location for maybe 7 months and I have 4 tabs that have completely broken off and the rest have really bad stress fractures.
Was looking at other games with plastic ramps and even though there are a few stress fractures it's nothing like this game. Was thinking maybe it was due to how fast the ball was traveling and the resistance met along the way (with all the curves)?
Think I'm going to start adding a washer & rubber washer underneath the ramp supports for games that have plastic ramps, still crazy since it relatively new. I always expect this when the game is like 5-10 years old but, 7 months is a little fast to be replacing ramps...right?

Wow, that does seem extreme. Any idea how many games is has on it?

#2727 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wow, that does seem extreme. Any idea how many games is has on it?

just a guesstimate, maybe 8-10k depending on replays/matches.
not an insane amount, compared to some locations.

hate plastic ramps
Least I learned something about how to help prevent this in the future.

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

just a guesstimate, maybe 8-10k depending on replays/matches.
not an insane amount, I don't think.
hate plastic ramps
Least I learned something about how to help prevent this in the future.

Did you call stern and see if you can send some pics to them to show the damage and get replacement ramps?

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you call stern and see if you can send some pics to them to show the damage and get replacement ramps?

My man DF has it. Always call Stern before typing on the inter webs.

#2730 5 years ago

oops

#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Totally! Always call. Be nice and say "hey my GOTG that I have on location ramps got damaged after a short period of time." Add "I never had problems with my ramps on IMDN, SW, BM, AS, WWE, GB, SM, TWD...……." See if that grabs their attention.

#2732 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Normally I don't, just thought it was weird because I don't usually see this type of support wear unless I'm buying an older B/W game. All my other sterns that use plastic ramps with similar plays still look pretty good. Wanted to see if it was isolated to this type of game with curvy high velocity ramps or isolated to me. The rest of the ramp itself still looks fine.

I remembered when I first saw really bad stress fractures on plastic ramps I always assumed someone overtightened the screw coupled with gameplay. Now I know it can be caused by gameplay alone. Was also hoping for a collaborative discussion on another solution, better then my washer/rubber washer idea.

Still learning different little tricks all the time, that help with reliability. The game has made enough to justify new exit ramps, so I'm not to concerned about that. Just don't want to have to replace the ramps again in 7 months, especially if there was something else I could of done to extend their life.

still dislike plastic ramps though.

#2733 5 years ago

What about 2 clear or nylon washers @ each point?

That's the philosophy used on Lexan RC bodies @ the clips

#2734 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Totally! Always call. Be nice and say "hey my GOTG that I have on location ramps got damaged after a short period of time." Add "I never had problems with my ramps on IMDN, SW, BM, AS, WWE, GB, SM, TWD...……." See if that grabs their attention.

I'll give it shot, usually when a game is over 6 months it's hit or miss. Stern has always been more then helpful with anything I've had to through at them, especially Chas.

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What about 2 clear or nylon washers @ each point?

on the new ramps.... might not be a bad idea. I've only ever used that plastic welder stuff for to help with fractures like this, never thought about adding clear to ramps. have you tried it before?

I've used clear really sparingly in the past to fill chipped holes, or chipped clear on drains. didn't always turn out pretty, but it worked.

#2736 5 years ago

I'm referring to plastic washers

Basically a washer goes atop & under the ramp where the bolt or screw passes through. Might need a longer bolt with the added thickness?

That will spread out the pressure point & make ramps stronger I'd bet.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#2737 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm referring to plastic washers
Basically a washer goes atop & under the ramp where the bolt or screw passes through. Might need a longer bolt with the added thickness?
That will spread out the pressure point & make ramps stronger I'd bet.
[quoted image]

ahhhh.... clear washers gottcha.
yeah that'd look a lot better then what I got going on.

I'll go ahead and order some from amazon and try em out.

something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-thin-Thickness-Plastic-Washers-Transparent/dp/B075Q8JBR3/ref=sr_1_30

#2738 5 years ago

Decided to get off the fence and just picked up a new GOTG pro this week.

gotg (resized).jpggotg (resized).jpg

#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

ahhhh.... clear washers gottcha.
yeah that'd look a lot better then what I got going on.
I'll go ahead and order some from amazon and try em out.
something like this
amazon.com link »

I've never done this actually, it just popped into my head.

My TWD ramps look like someone torqued down on em in the past so I will likely be in your shoes soon.

#2740 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I've never done this actually, it just popped into my head.
My TWD ramps look like someone torqued down on em in the past so I will likely be in your shoes soon.

I went ahead and ordered all the other stuff and new exit ramps, gonna try to get as much use out of the old ones as possible.
Just happy stern is releasing games with metal ramps. 10 or 20 years it might be more difficult to find these if you needed spares... if the game is still working that is.
I have a TWD that gets plays quiet a bit, those ramps still look pretty good. I might go ahead a pre-emptively add the extra support though.

#2741 5 years ago

Has anyone tried the black mirror blades on their game? I was wondering how they would look on the GOTG.

#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

Has anyone tried the black mirror blades on their game? I was wondering how they would look on the GOTG.

I have seen gold mirror blades installed which looked great, also kinda reminded me of the Sovereigns from GOTG2 which is what the owner was going for.

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Decided to get off the fence and just picked up a new GOTG pro this week.
[quoted image]

The fence is no place for a pinballer

#2744 5 years ago

Might be picking up a pro today, where can i find Cleland's code?

#2745 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Might be picking up a pro today, where can i find Cleland's code?

Here you https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod you just need to check which post of Cleland's has the files linked in it.

#2746 5 years ago

I know some frown on too many mods and I was thinking the same thing at times in the middle of finishing my checklist but it looks good. Here's my checklist . waiting on 50 foot cord to run from my pinsub board to my quadraphonic setup in game room with powered sub. Fun and frustrating at times!
I put shaker and other plastic protectors on NIB day.
20180811_221435 (resized).jpg20180811_221435 (resized).jpg

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I know some frown on too many mods and I was thinking the same thing at times in the middle of finishing my checklist but it looks good. Here's my checklist . waiting on 50 foot cord to run from my pinsub board to my quadraphonic setup in game room with powered sub. Fun and frustrating at times!
I put shaker and other plastic protectors on NIB day.
[quoted image]

Now what's Santa to do?

#2748 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Now what's Santa to do?

Convince my wife that it's possible i could squeeze one more pin in gameroom! Ha!

#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Convince my wife that it's possible i could squeeze one more pin in gameroom! Ha!

It can be done. I'm trying to move from 10'X15' room to the Master bedroom16'X16'. So I can get two more pins. (Last Ones Promises) Santa I've been good this year. Ha Ha or Ho Ho Ho

#2750 5 years ago

My 4 year old son (who’s been playing pinball since he was 1 1/2) just scored over 1 billion!!!!!

594A6251-E027-45FD-AD10-7D2F2DFC812D (resized).jpeg594A6251-E027-45FD-AD10-7D2F2DFC812D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
6,495 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.