IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 171.
#2451 5 years ago

I've got about 100 games on my pro now, and I am loving every minute of it. Gotten Cherry Bomb MB a few times, what a fun rush. What order do you all like to do the modes in?

My daughter has played more pinball this week than she has over the past 5 years.

I'd say Guardians is a hit in our house.

#2452 5 years ago

Still only 547,000,000 at my top score. And still never got to Xander or Immolation. This damn game... lol.

I did get the this bad boy installed though, it’s amazing! Thanks again @hd60609!!!

FC128435-7678-45C1-9944-15C458F5BAFC.jpegFC128435-7678-45C1-9944-15C458F5BAFC.jpeg
#2453 5 years ago

On vacation now. Dig the GOTG NIB posts with this new run by stern. Keep them coming.

#2454 5 years ago

Is anyone using the pinball life shaker and not having any problems?

I heard that they can cause board issues.

#2455 5 years ago

No issues here...

#2456 5 years ago

Only had machine for 2 days but the pinball life shaker was first thing I put in. No problems and works well.

#2458 5 years ago

I’ve used Pinball life shakers on 10-20 SPIKE and SAM games & never had a single issue.
-
Cartman, hurry up and beat the darn
thing, we are inside four weeks now until my Michigan visit

#2459 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Cartman, hurry up and beat the darn
thing, we are inside four weeks now until my Michigan visit

yeah that! Tell the game to let me win, then it’s all yours

#2460 5 years ago

My daughter set a legit high score! Just shy of 200 mil.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2461 5 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Is anyone using the pinball life shaker and not having any problems?
I heard that they can cause board issues.

i have the PL shakers in my gotg, star wars, aerosmith and tron. no issues here!

#2462 5 years ago

Thanks for all the shaker help. It’s going on tonight!

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My daughter set a legit high score! Just shy of 200 mil.

Good for her!

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I have the opposite view. Some of the songs from the soundtrack do not fit in well with pinball at all. Escape Kyln has like three different tunes mashed together.
Cleland has an alternative version now, that just replaces the dialog with the actual actors. This leaves Stern's excellent instrumental music intact, while replacing the God-awful voice actors.
Wolf, give both a try, but I highly recommend the "Sinestro" version, as Cleland calls it.

This is why I offered this version via your request, which is awesome, everybody likes things differently. But, Escape Kyln in the movie has both Hooked on a Feeling and the Pina Colada song when he gets his walkman back, which is why I combined those two songs for that mode. I never do anything random, there is always thought behind what I do. There's also only so much I can do with the limitations of song lengths etc.....

I'm gonna take a little time for the next couple of weeks to smooth out some things for 1.02 including some sound bytes from Vol2 that make sense and add variety and are not just jammed in there for the heck of it.

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is why I offered this version via your request, which is awesome, everybody likes things differently. But, Escape Kyln in the movie has both Hooked on a Feeling and the Pina Colada song when he gets his walkman back, which is why I combined those two songs for that mode. I never do anything random, there is always thought behind what I do. There's also only so much I can do with the limitations of song lengths etc.....
I'm gonna take a little time for the next couple of weeks to smooth out some things for 1.02 including some sound bytes from Vol2 that make sense and add variety and are not just jammed in there for the heck of it.

Can’t wait to get one of these home where I can hear it.

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Did I mention I love "The Chain" in Yaka Arrow 2? I'll probably be adding that one back myself after the code finalizes.

#2467 5 years ago

I’m struggling a little with my right orbit and it’s making things a little unenjoyable, wondering if anyone else has this problem. Probably 50% of the time I hit it, it grabs around the first pop and juggles around only to come right back to my right flipper. It’s happening even if I hit the orbit smooth, it’ll just stop as if it’s hitting something, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what changed. If nobody else is noticing this I’ll probably break it down, cause it’s grabbing out of the ball launch as well, right around the same spot. I’m guessing something got hit and jarred at some point.

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

curious...im assuming you’ve seen infinity war. was there any gotg character dialog you thought might be useful to add like you did with vol 2?

#2469 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

curious...im assuming you’ve seen infinity war. was there any gotg character dialog you thought might be useful to add like you did with vol 2?

Indeed I did see Avengers Infinity War and it might as well been titled GOTG Vol3
Need to wait for the DVD release to pull from that though, but it's on my radar.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I’m struggling a little with my right orbit and it’s making things a little unenjoyable, wondering if anyone else has this problem. Probably 50% of the time I hit it, it grabs around the first pop and juggles around only to come right back to my right flipper. It’s happening even if I hit the orbit smooth, it’ll just stop as if it’s hitting something, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what changed. If nobody else is noticing this I’ll probably break it down, cause it’s grabbing out of the ball launch as well, right around the same spot. I’m guessing something got hit and jarred at some point.

Use hand to roll ball with glass off to experiment and take video for us? Certainly has to be hitting something. Probably need to bend a rail.

#2471 5 years ago

Slow mo on your cell phone can help diagnose stuff like that as well.

#2472 5 years ago

Think this is the most underrated machine on Pinside right now. We have it on location and it makes more $ than any other machine we have including Star Wars Premium, Attack from Mars Remake LE, Walking Dead, etc... Longer play time and easier multi-ball to achieve is big for the more casual pinball players or people who are brand new to playing. Theme is really popular right now and most people really enjoy the music as well.

#2473 5 years ago
Quoted from gameonmichigan:

Think this is the most underrated machine on Pinside right now.

I completely agree. We play at least 25 games a day at this point and are loving the hell out of it.

#2474 5 years ago
Quoted from gameonmichigan:

Think this is the most underrated machine on Pinside right now. We have it on location and it makes more $ than any other machine we have including Star Wars Premium, Attack from Mars Remake LE, Walking Dead, etc... Longer play time and easier multi-ball to achieve is big for the more casual pinball players or people who are brand new to playing. Theme is really popular right now and most people really enjoy the music as well.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I completely agree. We play at least 25 games a day at this point and are loving the hell out of it.

Until about a year ago I was never able to afford a pin, and freeplay really didn't exist around here unless DFW people were familiar with Texas Games which never had pinballs. Everyone always said, "Oh if you get a pin get Addams Family, or Medieval Madness, or Twilight Zone." I really thought one of those had to be my first. A friend has Twilight Zone and I spent 30 minutes with the glass off trying to unlock all the features after years of never getting anywhere on it. Even with cheating (yes I know it's cheating), I couldn't unlock all the features.

I haven't even come close to unlocking all the features on this game, but they are accessible. The theme is fun, the game although not "easy" is easy to read" the music is great (even better thanks to Cleland), and my friends love it.

It's sad so many people wrote this game off because of the initial code. I love it.

#2475 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Use hand to roll ball with glass off to experiment and take video for us? Certainly has to be hitting something. Probably need to bend a rail.

Will do, yes seems to be the rail on the backside of the pop that’s catching it up. Quick fix, not sure how that happened though.

#2476 5 years ago

I got the rare opportunity to play against my teenage son the other day. I’d had 2-3 beers and on ball 3 the score was something like 162M to my ~50M. Long story short, I finished with 512M (most of it was Cherry Bomb). I must be an asshole because I enjoyed watching his expression change from joy to sadness. I’ll see if I can get him to go best 2 out of 3.

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

It's sad so many people wrote this game off because of the initial code. I love it.

That's Stern's fault. They often release garbage & they are not reliable with code updates.

Can't wait to play one now. I just need to get off my ass & check one out @ the location near me. I'm afraid to play it because I may buy one

#2478 5 years ago

Until about a year ago I was never able to afford a pin, and freeplay really didn't exist around here unless DFW people were familiar with Texas Games which never had pinballs. Everyone always said, "Oh if you get a pin get Addams Family, or Medieval Madness, or Twilight Zone." I really thought one of those had to be my first. A friend has Twilight Zone and I spent 30 minutes with the glass off trying to unlock all the features after years of never getting anywhere on it. Even with cheating (yes I know it's cheating), I couldn't unlock all the features.
I haven't even come close to unlocking all the features on this game, but they are accessible. The theme is fun, the game although not "easy" is easy to read" the music is great (even better thanks to Cleland), and my friends love it.

Only a few Pinsiders wrote the game off (I only know of a few owners that honestly did not like the game at the start) and plenty of other Pinsiders followed without even playing the game. If you are serous about buying any game, play it first and see if you like it. We actually like the fact that the game was released with early code. We can start playing the machine, contribute to code changes enjoy and watch the machine progress. Nearly every Stern game comes out like this and has done for many years. If you do not like the game, do not buy it. easy! Congrats on joining the club! Game is awesome we love ours too!

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Only a few Pinsiders wrote the game off (I only know of a few owners that honestly did not like the game at the start) and plenty of other Pinsiders followed without even playing the game. If you are serous about buying any game, play it first and see if you like it. We actually like the fact that the game was released with early code. We can start playing the machine, contribute to code changes enjoy and watch the machine progress. Nearly every Stern game comes out like this and has done for many years. If you do not like the game, do not buy it. easy! Congrats on joining the club! Game is awesome we love ours too!

#2480 5 years ago

Got our premium last week, and are really enjoying it. Had to the fix the orb drop target since the ball would get caught there (Adding the washer seems to have fixed it). In the middle of finishing up my review for the 1/2 at work and my 10 year old starting texting me, that my wife was beating her. We still suck (HS around 180M, LOL). But we are having fun..

36569402_239105716820621_7985331985612537856_n (resized).jpg36569402_239105716820621_7985331985612537856_n (resized).jpg
#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from doon:

Got our premium last week, and are really enjoying it. Had to the fix the orb drop target since the ball would get caught there (Adding the washer seems to have fixed it). In the middle of finishing up my review for the 1/2 at work and my 10 year old starting texting me, that my wife was beating her. We still suck (HS around 180M, LOL). But we are having fun..

Where did you add washer?

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where did you add washer?

In post #278 from this thread. Found that adding a washer to the drop target assembly release opposite the spring has fixed the issue. I did the same thing yesterday and problem hasn’t come back yet after 20 or so games.

#2483 5 years ago

I had a similar problem with the drop target, but Kneissl noticed the drop target bracket wasn't bent at a full 90 degrees, so he pressed his palm against it which bent it just a little bit more, effectively doing the same thing as the washer fix, moving the little metal release arm slightly closer to the coil.

Haven't had an issue out of it since.

#2484 5 years ago

I've been working with another member on a custom topper. I think about 4 of these will be made. 2 of us wanted the Hot Toys Yondu for the topper and I am going to make it extra special. Here's a preview so far. I did a repaint on the Hasbro Milano. There is only one really good model out there, but it was a prototype with a projected cost of $4000.

But a repaint on a $20 toy, I am going to 3d print a blast trail behind it. Do a little magic with styrofoam and fiberglass and we'll see how well it turns out. I'm still gonna be less than the $500 for the real topper.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#2485 5 years ago

Uretha- you’re certifiably insane, please keep it up!

#2486 5 years ago

New Orb protector design.

Save your thin plastic on the Orb protector from breaking, plus remove the ugly Stern metal bracket!

Made out of this Pet-g plastic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-orb-airball-protector-plastic-protector-in-one#post-4477873

606ED6BD-88E8-4E8B-9D3C-F77D324285F3 (resized).jpeg606ED6BD-88E8-4E8B-9D3C-F77D324285F3 (resized).jpeg6C1C46FC-1308-444D-855B-F7ABCE72B028 (resized).png6C1C46FC-1308-444D-855B-F7ABCE72B028 (resized).pngCFCED0A2-EEAE-450C-B361-9083204E8522 (resized).jpegCFCED0A2-EEAE-450C-B361-9083204E8522 (resized).jpeg
#2487 5 years ago

But a repaint on a $20 toy, I am going to 3d print a blast trail behind it. Do a little magic with styrofoam and fiberglass and we'll see how well it turns out. I'm still gonna be less than the $500 for the real topper.

The real topper is $399.

#2488 5 years ago

Installed UrethraFranklins mod

FF2E8DC5-015B-40B2-BA01-E1F2E9ACCC7A (resized).jpegFF2E8DC5-015B-40B2-BA01-E1F2E9ACCC7A (resized).jpeg
#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The real topper is $399.

I'm still less than that.

Quoted from twenty84:

Installed UrethraFranklins mod

That looks great. We've been talking about wiring it to a feature but haven't gotten that far yet. Did you wire it to anything?

#2490 5 years ago

I've been working with another member on a custom topper. I think about 4 of these will be made. 2 of us wanted the Hot Toys Yondu for the topper and I am going to make it extra special. Here's a preview so far. I did a repaint on the Hasbro Milano. There is only one really good model out there, but it was a prototype with a projected cost of $4000.

I'm not the greatest at sketching anymore, I'm okay when I'm on it for a year straight, but I do most of my stuff in 3d or photoshop now. Here is a rough (very rough) sketch of what the topper will look like. The rock stuff will be painted like orange space rock.

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2491 5 years ago

I got asked how to attach the Walkman. I used a piece of polycarbonate that I twisted with a heat gun. Connects to the screw under the flasher.

IMG_2620 (resized).jpgIMG_2620 (resized).jpg
#2492 5 years ago

Creative and thanks for the tip! Never thought about twisting the poly with a heat gun for future projects.

Quoted from twenty84:

I got asked how to attach the Walkman. I used a piece of polycarbonate that I twisted with a heat gun. Connects to the screw under the flasher.

#2493 5 years ago

Any news or updates on the laserrific topper??

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any news or updates on the laserrific topper??

Cointaker bought out Laserrific. Not sure what that means regarding the topper Laserrific was working on.

#2495 5 years ago

Someone sell me their Prem/Le already.
My 2018 buying spree isn’t complete until I have a GOTG Prem/LE for home!

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Someone sell me their Prem/Le already.
My 2018 buying spree isn’t complete until I have a GOTG Prem/LE for home!

Would you say there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep you from getting this pin?

#2497 5 years ago

Got my factory topper yesterday, frickin awesome. Wife said the same thing, only she didn't say fricken, she took a stand.

IMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpg
#2498 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Got my factory topper yesterday, frickin awesome. Wife said the same thing, only she didn't say fricken, she took a stand.

Factory topper does look good but I can’t decide between the factory one or the one laseriffic was working on which looked awesome!

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Cointaker bought out Laserrific. Not sure what that means regarding the topper Laserrific was working on.

I’d like to think Cointaker would continue the great work being done before they buy out. Fingers crossed because that topper looked great!

#2500 5 years ago

If I add the washers to get the Core closer to the playfield is there any concern about playfield magnetic burn by doing this? (Older machines has this problem with burning playfield- I think Addams Family. Not sure if this was exact same issue).

Does that core get hot? OR is it the coil that gets hot.

Anyone that has done this - see any issues? Any experts in this area weigh in too - please.

(Also does leveling the playfield address the magnetic ball grab without add washers to the core?)

Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/50?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.