IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 171.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Thought I'd mess around with an idea. On shapeways you can order in a clear material and I was gonna paint it clear blue. This is so impossible to cast (for me) that the only option might be to order then paint clear. I don't know if it will work but I'll post an update. I think this might look cool in the Iron Maiden as well.
We'll see.

Look great, I would change out the dome covers for purple as I love the orb light show, so purple would rock!

I have dome covers done in the past for other games, think they where 3D printed though.

#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just got the game This weekend. My magnet is not grabbing the ball when it falls out of the drop target. I tried adding some washers underneath but it is still not doing anything. My only thought is that I have my playfield pitched steep and the timing is off.

On my LE it varies. It seems to divert the ball on Groot multiball spit out.

When it drops a locked ball from the Orb lock then again it just diverts it - its been fine but the last couple of days, often straight down the left outlane My magnets aren't tight underneath the playfield - I can push the about 5mm towards it - not sure if that's correct or an issue?

During Orb multiball, it does 'spin' the ball around at times - grabs it and whirls it round in a circular motion before flinging it. I've even had it fling a ball OVER the flippers during multiball when it smashed two balls together.

#2403 5 years ago

New code is up.

#2404 5 years ago

PRO V1.02 - June 20, 2018
=====================

- Fixed a problem with Groot Multiball speech where Groot did not say, "I Am Groot", if the Groot Motor was disabled.
- Changed the default volume to approx. 75db
- Fixed a problem where Groot's mouth did not honor the "Disable Motor" adjustment and tried to move during synced speech when the motor was disabled.
- Fixed a problem when a ball was kicked out of Groot's mouth and exited the game via the right outlane while the right outlane "Save" feature was lit.
Under this circumstance, the system "Ball Save" takes precedence and tries to immediately serve another ball into play, if possible. Otherwise,
the game waits for the ball to travel to the trough at which time a new ball will be kicked back into play. The problem that occurred was that under
these circumstances the Ball Saver timed out between the time the ball exited the right outlane and entered the trough.
- Fixed an issue with the bonus rule where the player 4 bonuses weren't being initialized correctly.
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types
are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle
for at least 15 minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be postponed by pressing both flipper buttons,
inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.
- DIAG->NODE->COMM test would occasionally falsely report address collisions, this has been corrected.

#2405 5 years ago

LE/PRE V1.02 - June 20, 2018
=====================

- Fixed a problem with Groot Multiball speech where Groot did not say, "I Am Groot", if the Groot Motor was disabled.
- Changed the default volume to approx. 75db
- Fixed a problem where Groot's mouth did not honor the "Disable Motor" adjustment and tried to move during synced speech when the motor was disabled.
- Fixed a problem when a ball was kicked out of Groot's mouth and exited the game via the right outlane while the right outlane "Save" feature was lit.
Under this circumstance, the system "Ball Save" takes precedence and tries to immediately serve another ball into play, if possible. Otherwise,
the game waits for the ball to travel to the trough at which time a new ball will be kicked back into play. The problem that occurred was that under
these circumstances the Ball Saver timed out between the time the ball exited the right outlane and entered the trough.
- Fixed an issue with the bonus rule where the player 4 bonuses weren't being initialized correctly.
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL. Supported speaker types
are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM". The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle
for at least 15 minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be postponed by pressing both flipper buttons,
inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.
- DIAG->NODE->COMM test would occasionally falsely report address collisions, this has been corrected.

#2406 5 years ago

My mag has completely grabbed the ball and held it a few times, other times it kind of diverts it. Question, shouldn't the magnet light come on when the magnet is active.

#2407 5 years ago

Played my game for a few hours last night. Wow!

I'm so glad I decided to pick this game up, it plays like a dream and the code is fun and challenging. I almost got Cherry Bomb multiball last night, was one mode completion away.

#2408 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm so glad I decided to pick this game up, it plays like a dream and the code is fun and challenging. I almost got Cherry Bomb multiball last night, was one mode completion away.

Congrats!

How do you like owning a game with an LCD?

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Congrats!
How do you like owning a game with an LCD?

Loving it! They did a great job on the animations and graphics. The movie clips are tied in really well. Some of the things they had to do to make the clips loop or fit are pretty funny, in a good way.

You will laugh everytime you see this now... There is one clip where Gamora is chewing on some food outside of the Antiquities shop, and to extend the clip they kinda run it back and forth. Sometimes it plays for such a long time, it looks like she is just gnawing on a bone or something, lol.

This game has the perfect mix of simple objectives but deep goals that my family is looking for. My wife and kids are very casual players and won't ever see some of the deeper modes, but being able to hammer Groot and get his multiball is a really easy objective for them to start with.

Really impressed with the quality and engineering in the game as well. I was honestly a little worried with all the bad stories you read on Pinside, but my cabinet is in fantastic shape, my playfield clearcoat looks amazing, and everything worked on the game great. We had to slightly adjust the drop target to get it to be smooth, but that was a very minor adjustment. Everything about the game is professional and well done in my opinion.

#2410 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This game really is one of the most underrated games I've seen over the past few years. I've played a lot and still haven't unlocked everything.

Stern did this to themselves not having decent if not bland if not TERRIBLE code when it was first released. But I still enjoyed it when it came out. I remember people who could just buy it immediately just kept ragging on it and giving it low scores. Now it's probably the best Stern game since Batman 66' in terms of video, game, and playfield.

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I was honestly a little worried with all the bad stories you read on Pinsid

Don’t read too much.

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Loving it! They did a great job on the animations and graphics. The movie clips are tied in really well. Some of the things they had to do to make the clips loop or fit are pretty funny, in a good way.
You will laugh everytime you see this now... There is one clip where Gamora is chewing on some food outside of the Antiquities shop, and to extend the clip they kinda run it back and forth. Sometimes it plays for such a long time, it looks like she is just gnawing on a bone or something, lol.
This game has the perfect mix of simple objectives but deep goals that my family is looking for. My wife and kids are very casual players and won't ever see some of the deeper modes, but being able to hammer Groot and get his multiball is a really easy objective for them to start with.
Really impressed with the quality and engineering in the game as well. I was honestly a little worried with all the bad stories you read on Pinside, but my cabinet is in fantastic shape, my playfield clearcoat looks amazing, and everything worked on the game great. We had to slightly adjust the drop target to get it to be smooth, but that was a very minor adjustment. Everything about the game is professional and well done in my opinion.

You put in Cleland's sound mod yet?

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You put in Cleland's sound mod yet?

Not yet. I have it written to a SD card, but I want to spend some time with Stern's code so I can really tell the difference in what cleland did.

#2414 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not yet. I have it written to a SD card, but I want to spend some time with Stern's code so I can really tell the difference in what cleland did.

Might as well wait until he gets 1.0.2 modded now. Hopefully he can just run the script on it since it's mainly just bug fixes.

#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I think the biggest improvement is song variety. Cleland kicked up the jams! The Stern code, and sound alike voice work is actually very good now. The impression that early code left was poor, but it’s VASTLY improved. You’re not have a bad experience on stock code. Cleland’s update just makes it better, but for me it’s more about the music than the call outs.

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think the biggest improvement is song variety. Cleland kicked up the jams! The Stern code, and sound alike voice work is actually very good now. The impression that early code left was poor, but it’s VASTLY improved. You’re not have a bad experience on stock code. Cleland’s update just makes it better, but for me it’s more about the music than the call outs.

I have the opposite view. Some of the songs from the soundtrack do not fit in well with pinball at all. The slow song he put in over Drax's mode is the most out of place. Too slow, and removes all the fighting noises and intensity. Escape Kyln has like three different tunes mashed together. You also have the problem of the voice-over dialog fading in over people singing. It's a bit of hot mess, but bless Clealand for taking the time to do it.

Cleland has an alternative version now, that just replaces the dialog with the actual actors. This leaves Stern's excellent instrumental music intact, while replacing the God-awful voice actors.

Wolf, give both a try, but I highly recommend the "Sinestro" version, as Cleland calls it.

#2417 5 years ago

Adding washers to bring up the magnet cores closer to the pf worked wonders on mine, and others too, balls get grabbed every time from orb and flung up ramps during its active time . I love m

Quoted from Insane:

My mag has completely grabbed the ball and held it a few times, other times it kind of diverts it. Question, shouldn't the magnet light come on when the magnet is active.

#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep. That’s what I mean. It doesn’t even divert the ball. Just falls down to the right flipper.

I lowered the incline a bit and now it is working fine.

#2419 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Adding washers to bring up the magnet cores closer to the pf worked wonders on mine, and others too, balls get grabbed every time from orb and flung up ramps during its active time . I love m

Any concern about playfield magnetic burn by doing this?

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

You mean holding the magnets tight to the underside of the playfield so you can't move them - mine have some play, so as they are I can push them closer to the underside of the playfield, then when I let go they drop away a few mm again

#2421 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

You mean holding the magnets tight to the underside of the playfield so you can't move them - mine have some play, so as they are I can push them closer to the underside of the playfield, then when I let go they drop away a few mm again

Yes. Add two washers and get the core up against the playfield.

#2422 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes. Add two washers and get the core up against the playfield.

Agree.

Does that core get hot? Didn’t older games like Adams Family have issues with magnetic burn? I don’t know details- does anyone know.

Thx

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree.
Does that core get hot? Didn’t older games like Adams Family have issues with magnetic burn? I don’t know details- does anyone know.
Thx

It's no different than how snug they are with Ghostbusters Premium/LE. And I would think those slings get a lot more action.

#2424 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I lowered the incline a bit and now it is working fine.

Yeah, I found anything more than about 7.2 and it does not catch it.

6.5 to 7.2 seems to be the sweet spot on ours.

Fun game with current code, huh?

#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Let me guess - you hate it and it makes 1/3 the amount on location as Houdini? Lol

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’ll have to check what my incline is. The bubble on the Game level is in the middle of the upper line but not between the 2 lines.
I removed the 2 washers and magnet is working fine. I noticed that magnet gets super hot and I would rather have it away from the wood.

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Let me guess - you hate it and it makes 1/3 the amount on location as Houdini? Lol

you need to work on your reading comprehension

I think it is a fun game with current code. I was asking Tom if he thought it was fun with current code...

Game definitely does way better on location than a Houdini ever would (hell I am 3 for 3 on visits to play the local Houdini and it is broken down). Now that we got our node board issue figured out it is a rock solid game. If you like this layout, it is definitely the best shooter of all the ones it is based off. The code revision is really getting good also.

Coin drop was definitely hurt big time by the really bad initial code release and intermittent flipper weakness issue, but now that those things are fixed the game sees to be a solid one for route at this time.

#2428 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you need to work on your reading comprehension
I think it is a fun game with current code. I was asking Tom if he thought it was fun with current code...
Game definitely does way better on location than a Houdini ever would. Now that we got our node board issue figured out it is a rock solid game. If you like this layout, it is definitely the best shooter of all the ones it is based off. The code revision is really getting good also.
Coin drop was definitely hurt big time by the really bad initial code release and intermittent flipper weakness issue, but now that those things are fixed the game sees to be a solid one for route at this time.

Thought GOTG was gonna get the stick from you. Seemed to do ok.

Why stern didn't come out of the gate running with this game was their stupidity for sure. It did well anyway based on theme but true players stayed away. Stern has been doing some good catch up lately. Good players seem to be back now along with the casual players, so game does well.

Enjoy the Summer up there. You guys deserve a good one!

#2429 5 years ago

I'm sure Stern had to get widgets out the door. A manufacturing company doesn't make money if they aren't shipping things. It's a shame that it damaged people's opinion of GotG so much, and still does.

There is a local OP that STILL hasn't updated beyond the original beta code, so their game doesn't have callouts or music. It's freaking terrible to play.

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm sure Stern had to get widgets out the door. A manufacturing company doesn't make money if they aren't shipping things. It's a shame that it damaged people's opinion of GotG so much, and still does.
There is a local OP that STILL hasn't updated beyond the original beta code, so their game doesn't have callouts or music. It's freaking terrible to play.

I just picked up a Kiss Pro that was HUO and the owner never updated the code. Code was 0.92 which was what it shipped with and there is no record of it in the Kiss read me files. Kinda felt bad the guy never updated the code.

Sucks that the location has not updated GOTG.

#2431 5 years ago

you know what really sucks is when your game shipped last thursday and arrived at your local airport this past friday morning and i still havent gotten a call to set up delivery. is this how it usually works? got the tracking number from distributor yesterday for forward air and it shows game going from chicago to louisville and arriving the 22nd of june. i havent gotten a call or message about it. should i sit tight ? im slowly getting a little perturbed. i want my game. if im wrong and i should calm down let me know. its just bugging the crap out of me thats its been 30 mins from me for 6 days.

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

you know what really sucks is when your game shipped last thursday and arrived at your local airport this past friday morning and i still havent gotten a call to set up delivery. is this how it usually works? got the tracking number from distributor yesterday for forward air and it shows game going from chicago to louisville and arriving the 22nd of june. i havent gotten a call or message about it. should i sit tight ? im slowly getting a little perturbed. i want my game. if im wrong and i should calm down let me know. its just bugging the crap out of me thats its been 30 mins from me for 6 days.

Why don't you call Forward Air and ask?

#2433 5 years ago

is that kosher since im not the one shipping. i guess i could. give me something to do ill give it a whirl. just getting frustrated because i wanted to surprise my grandson this weekend and have it ready to go. thx.

#2434 5 years ago

If you have the tracking number I think it's fair game. I'd personally call and just ask for the status of the tracking number and see where the conversation goes from there.

#2435 5 years ago

wolf thx so much for that advice. called customer service and they contacted dispatch who said they were running behind but she said shes filing it as a service failure because they havent contacted me since it arrived 6 days ago. she setup delivery for tomorrow afternoon. thx again for the great advice. i wasnt sure what to do and didnt want to bug the crap out of my distributor.

#2436 5 years ago

Glad to hear it worked out! You are going to love this game, so will your grandson. My 9 year old daughter doesn't play a ton of pinball but she is loving this game so far.

#2438 5 years ago

Hidden art under the launch ramp.

20180628_094505 (resized).jpg20180628_094505 (resized).jpg
#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Call Forward Air. I've used them 3 times and always had to call to get things moving. They've always said they left a message, but I'm 0 for 3 in seeing any evidence of that.

Once you contact them, they'll set up a delivery date and time.

Hope you get your game soon.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Hidden art under the launch ramp.

wow!

Stern does have a sense of humor!

#2441 5 years ago

Someone get on a clear launch ramp!

#2442 5 years ago

To get to Cherry Bomb MB, you need to complete 4 modes right? (As opposed to just starting four modes)

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

To get to Cherry Bomb MB, you need to complete 4 modes right? (As opposed to just starting four modes)

Correct, and they need to be completed, not just half-way which qualifies them for Immolation Initiative. I.E. the inserts have to be solid and not blinking.

#2444 5 years ago

Finally in the club. Got my ulek protectors and shaker motor installed. My first nib and it was almost surreal opening that box and seeing how beautiful this game is and how lucky I was to have one. Hard to believe it's right here in my basement. Blast to play and just over the top for me.

20180629_210537 (resized).jpg20180629_210537 (resized).jpg
#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Finally in the club. Got my ulek protectors and shaker motor installed. My first nib and it was almost surreal opening that box and seeing how beautiful this game is and how lucky I was to have one. Hard to believe it's right here in my basement. Blast to play and just over the top for me.

Yay! So happy to see you got it delivered!

GotG is my first NIB pin too and you're right, when you open the box the art is just so vibrant and alive. Lucky doesn't begin to describe it. Enjoy!!!

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Hey - nice lunch box collection too!

#2447 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Finally in the club. Got my ulek protectors and shaker motor installed. My first nib and it was almost surreal opening that box and seeing how beautiful this game is

Now you can take it out of you wishlist and add it to your collection & Play

#2448 5 years ago

Received and installed hd60609 's scoop sign mod yesterday, pretty easy install and really like the way it looks, particularly the see-through aspect of it. Somehow makes the LEDs look brighter / more noticeable when flashing too. Nice job!

ScoopPlasticNew (resized).jpgScoopPlasticNew (resized).jpg
#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Received and installed hd60609 's scoop sign mod yesterday, pretty easy install and really like the way it looks, particularly the see-through aspect of it. Somehow makes the LEDs look brighter / more noticeable when flashing too. Nice job!

I installed mine yesterday, as well. I love the look of this!

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

The colors on the game just explode and are stunning in person. Congrats! This is what it’s all about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/49?hl=urethrafranklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.