IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 171.
#2301 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am not a rule master by an means. So if you are in the middle of a mode when you start Groot or ORB MB, do you keep collecting the mode shots you make during MB to complete that mode? Rule sheets don't seem to spell it out.
And what would folks say are the 4 easiest modes to do to get Cherry MB? I can come close but have come up short to get there.
Thanks! Also - Fun game so far. Very Happy.

Yes, mode shots are still active during Groot and Orb MBs. As for "easiest" modes, I like to go with Antiquities and Yaka. Third and fourth modes vary depending on how the others go. I like to include Sanctuary because it's short. But if it times out, all progress is lost. So it's riskier. Knowhere and Pod are good because once you upgrade, all of the shots are lit. That makes it easier to finish, especially if you take them into a MB. Sibling is so-so. I put off Kyln and Quill until after CBMB. Don't know if that helps, but it's how I attack the game.

#2302 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips!

#2303 5 years ago

Yeah game started out rough and now it is awesome. Stern should run them again soon.
If you love IM, MET, AS, like I do, strongly consider Guardians.

They were running them last week. Mine was "born" last Thursday.

#2304 5 years ago

Game is not easy by any standard, can be a real drain monster, and quite deep to boot.

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Yes, mode shots are still active during Groot and Orb MBs. As for "easiest" modes, I like to go with Antiquities and Yaka. Third and fourth modes vary depending on how the others go. I like to include Sanctuary because it's short. But if it times out, all progress is lost. So it's riskier. Knowhere and Pod are good because once you upgrade, all of the shots are lit. That makes it easier to finish, especially if you take them into a MB. Sibling is so-so. I put off Kyln and Quill until after CBMB. Don't know if that helps, but it's how I attack the game.

Good advice, I almost always start with Knowhere or Yaka but while sometimes start Kylin when I have Groot MB ready to go then I try like hell to hit that Rocket shot before the ball save expires! The game is a lot of fun and I like that sometimes I can really get in a great groove and put up big points and others it kicks my ass repeatedly, makes for a better home game.

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

They were running them last week. Mine was "born" last Thursday.

I ordered my pro a little over 2 weeks ago, and I was told by my distributor 2 to 3 weeks. I'm going to assume mine was "born" last Thursday, too. Any word when yours will ship?

#2307 5 years ago

Did they stop making these for a bit?

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I ordered my pro a little over 2 weeks ago, and I was told by my distributor 2 to 3 weeks. I'm going to assume mine was "born" last Thursday, too. Any word when yours will ship?

They started running them again last week I believe. They only run 1 game at a time. ( I had a factory tour a month or so ago.) I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago. I picked it up at my Distributor Saturday. he picked it up at the factory on Friday.

#2309 5 years ago

Ok here is another shot of my next mod. So I am printing the orb at 3.25" as opposed to the stock 3". But hopefully this will look as good as I think. But hopefully I won't have to solder anything. For those with a pro do you think this is going to be too distracting or fun? Once again I have to mold and cast this piece in clear acrylic which is trick but hopefully it comes out okay.

jewel3 (resized).jpgjewel3 (resized).jpgjewel4 (resized).jpgjewel4 (resized).jpgjewel5 (resized).jpgjewel5 (resized).jpg
#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Ok here is another shot of my next mod. So I am printing the orb at 3.25" as opposed to the stock 3". But hopefully this will look as good as I think. But hopefully I won't have to solder anything. For those with a pro do you think this is going to be too distracting or fun? Once again I have to mold and cast this piece in clear acrylic which is trick but hopefully it comes out okay.

Ahh that looks interesting. Couldn't tell what you were up to in previous posts.

#2311 5 years ago

Ahh that looks interesting. Couldn't tell what you were up to in previous posts.

Things always seem better in my head. I'll admit this probably won't work with Premium/LE's but for those of of Pro(poor) folks I think we deserve something a little more interesting. If I had ended up with GB or ACDC I would have only wanted Premium. But the pro on the GOTG is actually just as good to me, I didn't need the 2nd and 3rd magnet.

But I knew I was gonna be able to spruce it up a bit. I plan on making 10 of the jewels, I have a friend that can print the orbs for people, the orbs are usually printed with PLA (lower end material) but for this it's okay. I want to get 1 nice one done before I show folks.

#2312 5 years ago

I want some of them trinkets that I can spread out on my dashboard, uh, backbox. Time to hit the Google!

#2313 5 years ago

Wanted to spice up the lower right scoop plastic. GOTG Scoop Plastic (resized).jpgGOTG Scoop Plastic (resized).jpgGOTG-LE-Detail-10_preview (resized).jpgGOTG-LE-Detail-10_preview (resized).jpgWas looking to create the "line-up effect" from the movie. Gamora (resized).jpgGamora (resized).jpgI made a prototype of clear, GOGT Scoop Plastic Proto (resized).JPGGOGT Scoop Plastic Proto (resized).JPGthen experimented with different color acrylic and different color Comet matrix lights.GOTG Scoop Lit Blue (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop Lit Blue (resized).JPG Ended with the light green acrylic lit from below with a strip of natural white. GOTG Scoop lit Final 2 (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop lit Final 2 (resized).JPGI 3D printed a small base in black to block the strip light. GOTG Scoop Plastic Mod Parts (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop Plastic Mod Parts (resized).JPGI wanted to make sure it was still easy to read the sign and like that it's a little see through. When the sign LEDs light, it actually brightens the letters.GOTG Scoop Final Lit (resized).JPGGOTG Scoop Final Lit (resized).JPGIMG_4361 (resized).JPGIMG_4361 (resized).JPG

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Wanted to spice up the lower right scoop plastic. Was looking to create the "line-up effect" from the movie. I made a prototype of clear, then experimented with different color acrylic and different color Comet matrix lights. Ended with the light green acrylic lit from below with a strip of natural white. I 3D printed a small base in black to block the strip light. I wanted to make sure it was still easy to read the sign and like that it's a little see through. When the sign LEDs light, it actually brightens the letters.

That's hot! Are you going to sell them?

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Wanted to spice up the lower right scoop plastic. Was looking to create the "line-up effect" from the movie. I made a prototype of clear, then experimented with different color acrylic and different color Comet matrix lights. Ended with the light green acrylic lit from below with a strip of natural white. I 3D printed a small base in black to block the strip light. I wanted to make sure it was still easy to read the sign and like that it's a little see through. When the sign LEDs light, it actually brightens the letters.

That looks awesome, possibly the best mod I have seen for GOTG, like Sinestro says above are you going to be making more to sell?

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

More
That looks awesome, possibly the best mod I have seen for GOTG, like sinestro says above are you going to be making more to sell?

I’d be keen!

#2317 5 years ago

anybody gotten their pro this week yet? heard from distributor that they might ship this week . thx.

#2318 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

anybody gotten their pro this week yet? heard from distributor that they might ship this week . thx.

I checked with my distributor yesterday. He asked late in the day, and he's hoping to hear from Stern today.

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I'm looking to pick one up and I was told if I got the check to him this week I should have one by the end of the month. He didn't have any in stock so it would be coming directly from Stern.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I'm looking to pick one up and I was told if I got the check to him this week I should have one by the end of the month. He didn't have any in stock so it would be coming directly from Stern.

That must mean the batch they ran last week is already sold out.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

This looks great! Add me to the interested list!

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

It is really up to stern on when they are doing the run. I would not give a check to anyone unless the game is ready to be shipped from stern.

Like You give a check and wait and the next week a HUO one comes up for sale 5 minutes from your house for $500 off. Would you grab that instead?

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Yes sir, I’m in if you sell them! Looks great!

#2324 5 years ago

It is really up to stern on when they are doing the run. I would not give a check to anyone unless the game is ready to be shipped from stern.
Like You give a check and wait and the next week a HUO one comes up for sale 5 minutes from your house for $500 off. Would you grab that instead?

I've thought about that, but I like and trust my distributer to make it right. If he says he can get me one by the end of the month I believe him.

For the price we are getting delivered I don't think we will be seeing one coming up that will make it worth our while.

#2325 5 years ago

Things always seem better in my head. I'll admit this probably won't work with Premium/LE's but for those of of Pro(poor) folks I think we deserve something a little more interesting. If I had ended up with GB or ACDC I would have only wanted Premium. But the pro on the GOTG is actually just as good to me, I didn't need the 2nd and 3rd magnet.
But I knew I was gonna be able to spruce it up a bit. I plan on making 10 of the jewels, I have a friend that can print the orbs for people, the orbs are usually printed with PLA (lower end material) but for this it's okay. I want to get 1 nice one done before I show folks.

I might be interested. Can't wait to see the finished product.

#2326 5 years ago

My topper showed up yesterday (thanks ebay 20% off coupon!), cant wait to get it installed, i bought the groot shooter rod also.

#2327 5 years ago

I redesigned this again and have 2 prints to choose from. I haven't had any issues with the ball jumping all over the place except the left ramp. I wanted to make sure that if the ball hits the jewel, it won't just break off so I made a better support system.

Has anyone had the ball jump up and hit the orb? Do you see it happening?

gem1 (resized).jpggem1 (resized).jpggem2 (resized).jpggem2 (resized).jpg
#2328 5 years ago

What about casting it in silicone instead of hard resin?

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What about casting it in silicone instead of hard resin?

I've only ever used silicone for creating the molds. I have to have a way of affixing this to the orb, I had planned on super gluing the hell out of one side in case I have to pull it apart. If I glue both sides to the orb it won't be easy to pull it apart. I wouldn't know how to glue it to the orb if I used silicone.

I haven't had an issue with the ball getting close to the orb, but I was curious if anyone else has had the problem.

Within a week of having the machine I replaced all rubbers with Titan rubbers and it definitely created more bouncing around the playfield. I've had the ball hit the glass once, but thankfully it didn't crack or break.

#2330 5 years ago

I've only ever used silicone for creating the molds. I have to have a way of affixing this to the orb, I had planned on super gluing the hell out of one side in case I have to pull it apart. If I glue both sides to the orb it won't be easy to pull it apart. I wouldn't know how to glue it to the orb if I used silicone.
I haven't had an issue with the ball getting close to the orb, but I was curious if anyone else has had the problem.
Within a week of having the machine I replaced all rubbers with Titan rubbers and it definitely created more bouncing around the playfield. I've had the ball hit the glass once, but thankfully it didn't crack or break.

The ball won't crack the glass. It's tempered. I've never heard of a ball under the glass hitting the glass so hard it shatters. Things dropping on it from above or setting it on concrete is another story.

Regardless, your stone looks great! I bought the one from Mezelmods for $15, but I don't have the game yet, so I don't know how it will look installed.

#2331 5 years ago

Wait...you changed your user name, or is someone sharing the same avatar?

#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Wait...you changed your user name, or is someone sharing the same avatar?

There was once another DirtMcGirt that scammed several people. I've only been on here a year but have had multiple people contacting me asking "Where's my stuff"

So since I didn't want to hear about it anymore I asked to change my name.

#2333 5 years ago

A few of you said you were interested. I have a couple right now in light blue as I thought this would be the winner. I actually preferred the light green but I will have to have some more of these made.

I can get you a price for just the transparent piece and the bottom light guard (black looks best), if you already have your own matrix parts, light strip and screws (the screws need to be longer for the bottom as it's now thicker than stock).

I can also get an all included price, if you want me to send you everything you need. This will just take a little longer and cost a little more as I have to order parts from Comet.

Any preferences? PM me or post...

GOTG Scoop Mod Blue (resized).jpgGOTG Scoop Mod Blue (resized).jpgGOTG Scoop Mod LT Green (resized).jpgGOTG Scoop Mod LT Green (resized).jpg
#2334 5 years ago

Light green is my favourite, it looks like it came right of the movie and a plug in and play mod would be my preference as you have done an awesome job.

#2335 5 years ago

I also like the lt green, I would probably be interested.

#2336 5 years ago

Light green, all inclusive, plug and play mod here.

#2337 5 years ago

I do have a question....looks like you're tapping your power for this from an existing lamp. I have already done this to light the scoop blue. I hope there is another lamp I can use close by (I think there is).

But now that I think of it, since my scoop is illuminated blue, perhaps I should get your blue mod.

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I do have a question....looks like you're tapping your power for this from an existing lamp. I have already done this to light the scoop blue. I hope there is another lamp I can use close by (I think there is).
But now that I think of it, since my scoop is illuminated blue, perhaps I should get your blue mod.

I used one of the GI behind the scoop. I thought there were 2 or 3 bulbs there, but I think I can just send a splitter with yours.

http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-2-and-3-Splitters-p/mtxsplit.htm

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

A few of you said you were interested. I have a couple right now in light blue as I thought this would be the winner. I actually preferred the light green but I will have to have some more of these made.
I can get you a price for just the transparent piece and the bottom light guard (black looks best), if you already have your own matrix parts, light strip and screws (the screws need to be longer for the bottom as it's now thicker than stock).
I can also get an all included price, if you want me to send you everything you need. This will just take a little longer and cost a little more as I have to order parts from Comet.

Light Green all inclusive (since I'm not planning any Comet purchases anytime soon) would be my preference, looks good.

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Light green all inclusive, please

#2341 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the ball disappearing for quite a few seconds on launch? Most auto launches it goes up there for 2-3 seconds, occasionally it sits at the top for far longer (usually when I only have 10 seconds left to complete a mode!).

On ball start i can short plunge a bit, but after a lock into Groot it is really annoying.

Machine is level left to right and set at 6.6deg pitch - do I need to make it steeper or is something missing/wrong that should cause the ball to drop towards the pop bumpers rather than vanish off at the top of the machine?

Video of what is happening here as that's easier than trying to explain further:

#2342 5 years ago

Reckon you need more pitch. Mine very occasionally gets caught on the gate

#2343 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Has anyone had issues with the ball disappearing for quite a few seconds on launch? Most auto launches it goes up there for 2-3 seconds, occasionally it sits at the top for far longer (usually when I only have 10 seconds left to complete a mode!).
On ball start i can short plunge a bit, but after a lock into Groot it is really annoying.
Machine is level left to right and set at 6.6deg pitch - do I need to make it steeper or is something missing/wrong that should cause the ball to drop towards the pop bumpers rather than vanish off at the top of the machine?
Video of what is happening here as that's easier than trying to explain further:

Ours does this hiding at the top also, maybe even worse/longer. The pitch was set proper and the table was level. I will recheck it. Better news is that it never actually got stuck up there.

#2344 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I sent you a PM

#2345 5 years ago

Sorry if this was covered...

Anyone else notice that when Antiquities Shop is completed, any switch hit, multi-ball or mode thereafter, causes an overall GI flicker until that ball drains? I don't believe it's right or part of the game and can be annoying.

Possibly in the code? Possibly with the Spike system feeling a little stressed? Or is it supposed to happen?

#2346 5 years ago

This won't be easy to cast. Might use the more broad design

20180616_155834 (resized).jpg20180616_155834 (resized).jpg
#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Sorry if this was covered...
Anyone else notice that when Antiquities Shop is completed, any switch hit, multi-ball or mode thereafter, causes an overall GI flicker until that ball drains? I don't believe it's right or part of the game and can be annoying.
Possibly in the code? Possibly with the Spike system feeling a little stressed? Or is it supposed to happen?

Mine does this. Pretty sure it’s intentional. I like it.

#2348 5 years ago

Just popped my Cherry on Cherry Bomb MB!

That is a crazy fun MB! Groots mouth was opening and closing while I was trying to get shots in?! Flippers halted at the end. I like that. A little victory celebration break before you continue.

It was a blur so was the magnet on during CB MB?

#2349 5 years ago

I posted a thread in nodding. But I have this Zune lying around. Microsoft stopped supporting them. They're kind of useless. Can someone mod this to where it plays the movie and maybe the 2nd?If you have to regut it I don't mind. Can someone make it happen? I want to place it in the gap by the right ramp.

I don't know how to wire it can I power this through the head?

20180616_213438 (resized).jpg20180616_213438 (resized).jpg
#2350 5 years ago

I saw these at my local toys r US this morning. I think they were $13.00. Not sure were it could go on the machine. My wife said it look kind of cheesy. I though it looked ok.

20180617_103005 (resized).jpg20180617_103005 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 8,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/47?hl=urethrafranklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.