IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 171.
#2251 5 years ago

Haven't seen that yet, thanks homie!!

#2252 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is there any up to date written ruleset or tutorial available for this game?
I got to sink about $40 into GOTG Pro this weekend. I'm REALLY liking the game, but I found it frustrating because I have no idea what the rules are. Well... Shooting for the lit shots is pretty obvious, but there were a lot of times where things just didn't make sense to me.
Like... I believe I finished a mode with lots of time left, but then it stopped and I had to start it again? (Wasn't lit solid) And why is one shot blinking and the rest solid? Why 5 more shots to the pops? How did I active all those shot multipliers, and how in the hell do you hit the far left shot!?

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#2253 5 years ago

Cleaning out some stuff in the shop today and found I had 2 extra of these guys. They go in the back left corner on top of the ramp plastic. PM if interested

6BDEB9BC-92EF-4C98-B208-F7C846108192 (resized).jpeg6BDEB9BC-92EF-4C98-B208-F7C846108192 (resized).jpeg
#2254 5 years ago

This pin has become so good. It has surged to being my top earner last month. The layout was always good, but the code and audio lagged. Not anymore! Factoring in the Cleland mix of course.

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

gotg 1.01 is pretty rad. does the cleland mod add more music?

Yes. The full soundtrack I think. Plus the real character voices. Difference is night and day. It's a must-have thing IMO

#2256 5 years ago

IdahoRealtor I may try to head up to Phoenix today to check out the new code. Do you have Cleland’s mix installed? I’m trying to decide between this, Batman 66, or TWD for my next pin.

#2257 5 years ago

Just joined the club with LE #256

Using standard 1.01 at the moment, some of the voices are a little odd, so I may switch to Cleland's and give it a go.

Very different to my SM and currently struggling to adjust to the shots being so different.

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

@norcalrealtor I may try to head up to Phoenix today to check out the new code. Do you have Cleland’s mix installed? I’m trying to decide between this, Batman 66, or TWD for my next pin.

Yes. It's installed. Ask for the headphones at the front counter.

We have a real nice TWD Premium as well.

No BM66 unfortunately.

#2259 5 years ago

Friend just told me Guardians is IronMetalliSmith. I agree.

I remember it being so rough a few months ago. Those who gave up on it come on back and give it a try again l. I am glad I did.

Borg lovers welcome!

#2260 5 years ago
3663AF24-5A12-4A5C-96A5-F58227F7A794 (resized).jpeg3663AF24-5A12-4A5C-96A5-F58227F7A794 (resized).jpeg
#2261 5 years ago

Ha. Yeah I sold my IM a few months ago. Had it for almost 4 years and played it a couple of thousand times so I was ready for a change, just sold an AS I had for a year and I just picked up a MET, which is great.

Liked AS and missed my IM so GOTG fits right at home with MET. Even though they are the same game. Lol

#2262 5 years ago

If pin layouts were songs, they’d mostly be 12-bar blues. Meaning, there’s only so much you can do with 2 flippers and 12-15 shots. Fortunately, the designer can differentiate with magnets and playfield mechanisms. Then layer in rules, art, music and callouts and it becomes a completely different game, even if it has the same basic shots. I never feel like MET and Guardians are too much alike, and both are keepers for me!

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If pin layouts were songs, they’d mostly be 12-bar blues. Meaning, there’s only so much you can do with 2 flippers and 12-15 shots. Fortunately, the designer can differentiate with magnets and playfield mechanisms. Then layer in rules, art, music and callouts and it becomes a completely different game, even if it has the same basic shots. I never feel like MET and Guardians are too much alike, and both are keepers for me!

We have both and I actually like GOTG better than MET at this point. Time will tell on the outcome of who stays and who goes at our place! The code updates have made GOTG pretty awesome.

#2264 5 years ago

Jack crushes it....

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

norcalrealtor I may try to head up to Phoenix today to check out the new code. Do you have Cleland’s mix installed? I’m trying to decide between this, Batman 66, or TWD for my next pin.

I just joined the club with an LE. I LOVE the game, but I think it lacks that 2nd and 3rd layer of depth that games like TWD, and BM66 have... IE Lyman’s crazy code.

For a really FUN play, especially with Cleland’s added music and movie call outs... it’s a fantastic pin. Easy to understand, and very satisfying when you pull it off and it all comes together. Lightshow on the LE/Pre is amazing.

It lacks the complexity of the other 2 games you mentioned, but it brings the fun.

Those who keep harping on the similarity to MET in the layout are just comparing pictures. It doesn’t feel the same AT all. Plus, the insane Racoon kickout and the Orb lock make it feel radically different.

You can’t go wrong, but in my opinion you’re choosing fun over complexity. I think BM66 offers BOTH.

#2266 5 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Jack crushes it....

Ok... So Jack validated everything I know I'm supposed to do... but can't do!

#2267 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I just joined the club with an LE. I LOVE the game, but I think it lacks that 2nd and 3rd layer of depth that games like TWD, and BM66 have... IE Lyman’s crazy code.
For a really FUN play, especially with Cleland’s added music and movie call outs... it’s a fantastic pin. Easy to understand, and very satisfying when you pull it off and it all comes together. Lightshow on the LE/Pre is amazing.
It lacks the complexity of the other 2 games you mentioned, but it brings the fun.
Those who keep harping on the similarity to MET in the layout are just comparing pictures. It doesn’t feel the same AT all. Plus, the insane Racoon kickout and the Orb lock make it feel radically different.
You can’t go wrong, but in my opinion you’re choosing fun over complexity. I think BM66 offers BOTH.

What GOTG has for me, that's different from BM66 is ball speed. BM66 is a slower paced game, which makes sense to appreciate all the code. GOTG is a little more exciting and fast paced. I've only played both on location though (considering both for purchase). The two things I worry about with GOTG is theme integration and flow. On location I feel like it's missing something as far as theme integration goes (I really can't hear it all that well to be honest though). My flow concerns are probably due to me being bad, but I do find the ramps harder to hit than most of the games I'm playing on location. Still, just a very fun game and I'm jealous of the people that own it -- the code really came together quickly on this one.

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

More
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267117940
Can’t recommend this video enough. Jack blows the game up. Really helps understand the game.

Damn, he lit it up! So I’m assuming he actually completed Save Xandar since it just started over without draining? Or is that a timed mode?

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Damn, he lit it up! So I’m assuming he actually completed Save Xandar since it just started over without draining? Or is that a timed mode?

Looked like he saved it. His score jumped 3 Billion or so points in a matter of seconds right before saved Xandar appeared on the screen.

#2270 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Watched it back a couple more times and I am not sure if it timed out or he finished the mode!?

If he did finish it then it’s a little lacklustre, I was hoping the end of the mode would be the dance off scene in full once they join hands with the orb and everything goes purple with a crazy light show and the SJP is Ronan being atomised by the Orb.

Maybe it was because too much was running simultaneously while the mode was running, I was just hoping for one of those “cool moments” within the like Jericho in IM everything else is locked out and you get that awesome mode intro etc.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Watched it back a couple more times and I am not sure if it timed out or he finished the mode!?
If he did finish it then it’s a little lacklustre, I was hoping the end of the mode would be the dance off scene in full once they join hands with the orb and everything goes purple with a crazy light show and the SJP is Ronan being atomised by the Orb.
Maybe it was because too much was running simultaneously while the mode was running, I was just hoping for one of those “cool moments” within the like Jericho in IM everything else is locked out and you get that awesome mode intro etc.

All of that is in there. Robert Gagno gets farther than old Jack.

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

More

Cool I’ll check that video out now, cheers sinestro.

#2273 5 years ago

Hey seriously I have no way of mounting the groot arms on my pro. Are the plastics different? Does anyone know what parts I would need to order to get it to work? I don't really see any place on the left or right side to mount them. On the left side I am guessing I have a mounting bracket for the plastic that is on there, on the right side I see no way of mounting it. I feel like a jerk expecting someone to remove theirs just to see how they mount but I'd really appreciate some help.

#2274 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

More

That was pretty neat. Thanks for sharing (and good job Mr. Gagno!).

#2275 5 years ago

I feel better after seeing Jack miss that scoop over and over again, just like I do. That 2B in one shot was something else.

#2276 5 years ago

Haven't posted in this thread in sometime. But I've owned a pro since very early code. So I endured and gone through all the hate this game received. Lots of people never really gave it a chance. But I always knew the game had some real potential.

Now it's awesome to see so many people in here seeing the light. And to all the people asking pro or premium now. Put it this way. The game is so good I'm considering selling my pro and splurging for a LE. It's a keeper.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Haven't posted in this thread in sometime. But I've owned a pro since very early code. So I endured and gone through all the hate this game received. Lots of people never really gave it a chance. But I always knew the game had some real potential.
Now it's awesome to see so many people in here seeing the light. And to all the people asking pro or premium now. Put it this way. The game is so good I'm considering selling my pro and splurging for a LE. It's a keeper.

I know what you mean man. I bet I had it worse with my SWLE I had preordered. That pin destroyed so many folks childhood memories of the movie. I love it though. No regrets. It doesn’t treat me nice though.

I did not think of GOTG at all after playing it early on. As the updates came out my player friends, whom I trust their opinions, started to get into Guardians more and more. They said this is for me since I was such a IM fan, liked AS also, and just bought MET.

I took the plunge with a low play Pro and I bet I will put more plays on GOTG than on my Met and IMDN pins that I got a couple of months ago. And IMDN and MET are so darn good!

Glad you hung in there with your GOTG and got rewarded. I am glad I gave it another chance.

#2278 5 years ago

In Roberts video there was a roving "X" multiplier shot. I wonder if that happens when you get them all lit and what it does?

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I didn't video my game, but I have completed Save Xandar (pics in post #2118).

Once completing all shots 3 times (must be still in MB?), the scoop is lit for the collect and SJP.

Following that, you basically start from scratch, even if you have more than 1 ball still in play, with the whole of the playfield on 2x multiplier.

I got 3.6Bil, would have been more if I'd hadn't drained immediately before starting SX on the ball previous when ALL of my shot multipliers were lit. As it was I started it at the start of the next ball with nothing lit

I didn't get to see much more as all 3 balls I had drained simultaneously as I tried to watch the display.

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Hey seriously I have no way of mounting the groot arms on my pro. Are the plastics different? Does anyone know what parts I would need to order to get it to work? I don't really see any place on the left or right side to mount them. On the left side I am guessing I have a mounting bracket for the plastic that is on there, on the right side I see no way of mounting it. I feel like a jerk expecting someone to remove theirs just to see how they mount but I'd really appreciate some help.

I don't have the pin (maybe one day), but I was looking at some mods in case I do get one soon.

On the groot hands, I looked up a Youtube video of the company that makes the replacement hands. I remember the hands coming with separate plastic pieces that would screw on, or replace, the plastics on each side of the pin. Once secured, the smaller groot hand mods would just velcro on top of the new plastics if memory calls me right.

Type in GOTG mods on Youtube and you should find the video I'm talking about. Good luck and I hope this helps.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

More

Damn, wish I had the time to devote get even a 1/6th of that score. GOTG and MET are two games I struggle with for some reason. I can play them for a couple hours feel comfortable... then I come back to em a week later and I'm back to where I was when I started bricking shot after shot.

I'm a lot more consistent with TNA and Iron man.

#2282 5 years ago

Hey folks. I know Mezel Mods is well known and there are a few things I really like for this game. But it bugs me when something is too generic and I usually assume it's due to copyright laws.

I didn't model this so I didn't add any markup. I am not making money on this. But I took a model of the Sony Walkman and made it 4" wide. If you want one here is the link.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/Z4893S9YH/gotg-pinball-mod-tape-player?li=shop-inventory

I kept it in pieces to make it easier to paint, assemble, and to add lights and wiring.

#2283 5 years ago

Hey owners, couple questions. Are any of you seeing wear on Groot's chin like in the attached picture? I realize bashing a steel ball into a piece of plastic will cause some wear, but this is starting to look kind of bad and I'm wondering what can be done about it.

Also in the picture I have the left switch angled out a little bit, it seems really solid, works well, but I'm wondering if that should be adjusted or just left alone.

GotG is my first pin so I'm just now learning about what care and maintenance is required.

Thanks,
RLF

2018-06-07_08h57_39 (resized).png2018-06-07_08h57_39 (resized).png
#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Hey owners, couple questions. Are any of you seeing wear on Groot's chin like in the attached picture? I realize bashing a steel ball into a piece of plastic will cause some wear, but this is starting to look kind of bad and I'm wondering what can be done about it.
Also in the picture I have the left switch angled out a little bit, it seems really solid, works well, but I'm wondering if that should be adjusted or just left alone.
GotG is my first pin so I'm just now learning about what care and maintenance is required.
Thanks,
RLF

If the switch is working fine, leave it be. No sense trying to fix something that isn't broken, unless the aestecics are driving you nuts.

I've haven't noticed any wear on my Groot, but it is inevitable. I assume it will be a part that gets replaced ever so many years.

#2285 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

It’s important to note that the coil itself induces the magnetic field while the steel spindle becomes the magnet. The spindle needs to sit flush against the playfield - that’s what the washers are doing. This is why shimming the coil only against the playfield doesn’t have the same effect.

I wonder if I was to make the magnets a tad bit stronger. Like changing them to something with less resistance. hmmmm….

Haven't put a lot of time on the pro, but I have noticed the magnets are a lot more active on the premium/LE. has anyone noticed a major difference, say in orb multiball?

#2286 5 years ago

Cleland has a new sound mod I'm trying out....with just the audio lines from the movie replacing the voice actors, but leaving the original pinball themed music from Stern.

I'm liking this one very much!

#2287 5 years ago

PM me if interested. I know it fits premium/LE - have not tested on Pro yet.

Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic!

Orb Airball protector - combines a few things:
1. Upfront Orb - airball protector
2. Back left protector of the original plastic- usual area that cracks by airball
3. Overall protector of original plastic everywhere.

21BFF51F-82BB-4541-80D0-E6E908853E35 (resized).jpeg21BFF51F-82BB-4541-80D0-E6E908853E35 (resized).jpeg62DC5962-4E39-4721-B65E-8AB99536243C (resized).jpeg62DC5962-4E39-4721-B65E-8AB99536243C (resized).jpeg9EBD9639-A24C-4E92-9EAC-E4B4BC289E0E (resized).jpeg9EBD9639-A24C-4E92-9EAC-E4B4BC289E0E (resized).jpegACE9A813-7BDA-4F41-AB0A-863C8B200D11 (resized).jpegACE9A813-7BDA-4F41-AB0A-863C8B200D11 (resized).jpegB0499976-F5D1-40EF-AFDB-39B7715A3F52 (resized).jpegB0499976-F5D1-40EF-AFDB-39B7715A3F52 (resized).jpeg
#2288 5 years ago

Did a test print on the Walkman. The paint will be better on the second. Just wanted to see how it came together.

20180610_163801 (resized).jpg20180610_163801 (resized).jpg20180610_163907 (resized).jpg20180610_163907 (resized).jpg20180610_163926 (resized).jpg20180610_163926 (resized).jpg20180610_163940 (resized).jpg20180610_163940 (resized).jpg
#2289 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Did a test print on the Walkman. The paint will be better on the second. Just wanted to see how it came together.

That looks great man.

And off topic - your carpet looks cool also.

#2290 5 years ago

Got closest yet to Save Xandar. Had everything solid but Groot Multi. I drained the second Groot Multi with just one ball shot into his mouth to finish it off. When I swung back around to finish it off later, you know the third time when you have to hit it twice just to light, and drained my last ball dicking around trying to get it going.

Too many double entendres in that sentence.

#2291 5 years ago

Heres an idea I've been working on for the Pro folks. So I printed off the actual orb and I was thinking about putting led's on both insides but I'd thought it'd be fun to put this stone in it and each end would just have an LED facing it. I have to mold and cast these but I'll probably make about 10 in clear blue. So all you'd have to do it print off the orb, but having this in between and this would light up on Orb multiball. What do yall think? I think since I have to mount the new ones with a different system I might as well split them apart and angle them out more.

jewel2 (resized).jpgjewel2 (resized).jpg
#2292 5 years ago

Seen some folks say GOTG is a pretty easy game in game recommendation threads. Man I don’t think so. Is it just me?

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Seen some folks say GOTG is a pretty easy game in game recommendation threads. Man I don’t think so. Is it just me?

I personally have yet to make it to immolation or save xandar, so I think it’s quite difficult. Those outlanes are killers

#2294 5 years ago

If I'm away from GOTG for a few days or a week, I have to endure at least 10 games under 20M before I start to get back to good scores. The left outlane is a killer, even when it's closed down.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

#2295 5 years ago

My outlane posts are in the easiest position all the way down. I was wondering where people have there's set. I was thinking of moving them up a little closer to the middle. But I've found in the past moving these posts just a little can make a huge difference.

#2296 5 years ago

Just got mine on Saturday, my best is 175mil. My 8 year old Grandson put up 273mil yesterday. Little SOB.

#2297 5 years ago

I am not a rule master by an means. So if you are in the middle of a mode when you start Groot or ORB MB, do you keep collecting the mode shots you make during MB to complete that mode? Rule sheets don't seem to spell it out.

And what would folks say are the 4 easiest modes to do to get Cherry MB? I can come close but have come up short to get there.

Thanks! Also - Fun game so far. Very Happy.

#2298 5 years ago

I liked this game from the start. But the code seemed bland. After I got one I'm still on 1.0 but also just added Clelands Sound mod and it ups the game big time.

I don't understand how this game is so low on the list. But then again so is PZ and that's still my fave.

#2299 5 years ago

anybody in Chicago looking to leave the club so I can take your place.. PM me! Im looking for a Pro.

#2300 5 years ago

Yeah game started out rough and now it is awesome. Stern should run them again soon.

If you love IM, MET, AS, like I do, strongly consider Guardians.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,513 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/46?hl=cartman5579 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.