IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 171.
#2201 5 years ago

Just had my GOTG Premium delivered this afternoon.
My clan is loving the pin.
Much to learn about the game but first impressions are really positive.

Quick question: on Groot multi-ball when first activated and the balls shoot out of Groot’s mouth, most of the balls seem to fire straight down the middle.
Is this normal? Is there a setting or adjustment that can alter their path a bit?

Overall, the pin is a blast and looking forward to putting some serious time on it.

#2202 5 years ago

At least one of those balls continually seems to be headed SDTM! My goal is to keep at least 2 of them alive, because I know the ball save is on.

#2203 5 years ago

So, this may be just par for the course on this game.
Agreed, with the ball save, it’s not a big issue.
Has anyone else experienced the same with their Groot mutiball?

On a separate note, no doubt the left outlane is quite vicious.
May need to move the post.
Just such a fun pin.

#2204 5 years ago

I had my best game so far. I finished everything except Quill. I started Quill and had one shot left. I also had immolation lit. All I had to do was hit the scope and I drained. Ahhh I was so pissed. Quill was blinking in the pic. That's why it's not lit.

20180531_175545 (resized).jpg20180531_175545 (resized).jpg
#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Quick question: on Groot multi-ball when first activated and the balls shoot out of Groot’s mouth, most of the balls seem to fire straight down the middle.
Is this normal? Is there a setting or adjustment that can alter their path a bit?
Overall, the pin is a blast and looking forward to putting some serious time on it.

The ORB magnet should divert them enough to keep them from all going SDTM, if that's not happening how is the the magnet catching the orb exits on your game? Maybe you have the same loose magnet core that others have reported??

#2206 5 years ago

Bobukat, that’s certainly possible as I just received my game today; and haven’t made any changes to the magnet core (by adding the washers yet).
The magnets do seem to work but perhaps they should be stronger.
I’ll take a closer look on the weekend. Thanks!

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Is this normal?

It is normal. It all depends on the magnets. Sometimes they come SDTM, and sometimes a couple of them will get diverted to the flippers. Depending on the mode I have running, often I'll let all of them drain intentionally to be shot into the pops. Yaka 1 and 2, Antiquities 1 and 2 and Kyln 1 and 2 can gain significant progress or points depending on where you are in the mode when Groot MB starts.

Quoted from murfe88:

I started Quill and had one shot left. I also had immolation lit. All I had to do was hit the scope and I drained. Ahhh I was so pissed.

I had this same thing happen. I finished all other modes and had just qualified Kyln. I bricked the scoop shot and it went right to the left outlane. Haven't been close since!

#2208 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Lower Groot's eject power in the settings. Drop it down a good 10 to 15 levels.

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Has anybody given any thought, or come up with any solutions to the Groot hand blocking view of the Ronan insert.
I thought about a few things.
Crude solution. Remove hand and drill an angled hole through the hand and mounting plate to allow a sight line to the insert.
Slightly more elegant solution. Try to mount a small bubble mirror on top of the spinner bracket that might reflect the insert?!
Perhaps impossible solution... is there a way to tie in to the LED on the node board to add a satellite LED on top of Groot’s hand or wrist?!
Anybody?!

I am working on it, the metal bracket that the arm is attached to will be replaced by a clear plastic. Moving just the arm helped but the plate blocks the view still.

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I am working on it, the metal bracket that the arm is attached to will be replaced by a clear plastic. Moving just the arm helped but the plate blocks the view still.

Cool. Keep me posted

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

can i buy them from you?

Sorry dude but I wouldn’t sell them incase I ever moved the game on, but I’d happily work with a moder to make replicas, the aftermarket hands currently available all look crap, one of them literally looks like its made out of poo rather than wood

#2212 5 years ago

Question for everyone how their right scoop:

Has anyone adjusted the power on it? How should it bet setup? With the stock setting on my Pro there is nothing safe about the way it ejects, it is coming to fast for me to try and catch and if I dead flip it half the time it will bounce directly into the right sling.

Opinions? Should it be a safe return to a flipper? Or is the chaos the intended design? I can't decide what I'd rather have.

#2213 5 years ago

Hey GOTG owners, got a quick question. I"m SERIOUSLY thinking about buying a GOTG pro version. I really like the premium version because I think the Groot arms really are done well. Looks like he's hugging the game like he did when he was protecting the rest of his team at the end of the movie. Kinda reminds me of the big Godzilla hands and face in the Sega pinball game.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I'm thinking about getting the pro (just to save money) and possibly buying the aftermarket smaller hands and putting them in the pin. Did anybody else do this to their pro pin and, if you did, can you take a picture of the whole playfield and post it?

Also, I know the orb opens and closes in the premium and LE but, in your opinion, is it really a game changing factor that is needed?

Definitely will get the Stern side art, so any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#2214 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Also, I know the orb opens and closes in the premium and LE but, in your opinion, is it really a game changing factor that is needed?

I own a Pro and have quite a few games on an LE on location, honestly I didn't even notice the orb moving on the LE.

As for the arms: the LE on location that I've played had the arms removed. Some folks claim they get in the way, others say you just need to learn to move your head, YMMV.

#2215 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey GOTG owners, got a quick question. I"m SERIOUSLY thinking about buying a GOTG pro version. I really like the premium version because I think the Groot arms really are done well. Looks like he's hugging the game like he did when he was protecting the rest of his team at the end of the movie. Kinda reminds me of the big Godzilla hands and face in the Sega pinball game.
Anyway, sorry to ramble. I'm thinking about getting the pro (just to save money) and possibly buying the aftermarket smaller hands and putting them in the pin. Did anybody else do this to their pro pin and, if you did, can you take a picture of the whole playfield and post it?
Definitely will get the Stern side art, so any pics would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Gameplay is very similar on the pro and prem/LE. Only differences that influence play are the spinners and extra magnets on the prem/LE. Thus the pro is a great option for cost conscious buyers.

The orb opens and closes on the prem/LE but doesn't interact with the ball. I would agree it isn't a must have.

For me the major upgrade of the LE/prem is the RGB lighting and I don't believe it will ever be possible to add this to the pro since the inserts themselves are colored on the pro.

I like the look of the Groot arms, and have yet to see an aftermarket version that looks as good. I do find the arm on the left side of the game blocks the insert from my playing position. I think it could have been better if they put the inserts closer to the flippers or positioned the arm differently. That said, once you get used to the game you pretty much know when that shot is lit and it is easily seen with a change of head position so it isn't that noticeable.

#2216 5 years ago

Okay, thanks fellas! Heavily leaning on a pro version.

#2217 5 years ago

I ordered a pro from J.J. last week. I was told 2 to 3 weeks from Stern. In the meantime, I've read through all 45 pages of this thread, as well as Cleland's replacement sound thread. Very excited! The day after I ordered, 1.01 dropped. Everything's coming up Milhouse! (sorry, Simpson's ref).

Anyone have info on Laseriffic's topper? They posted on FB about 3 months ago, but it's still listed as "Coming Soon." Anyone know if the tape player turns and/or the needles on the levels bounce? Does anything light up?

GOTG Laseriffic Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Laseriffic Topper (resized).jpg
#2218 5 years ago

Latest I heard was mid June on the pros. I can't freaking wait.

#2219 5 years ago

patiently..impatiently.. haha waiting here for mine from trent at tilt. jacked up and ive read every freaking thread on the game also.

#2220 5 years ago

You guys will love it. On top of being a great game for us pinheads, it's VERY accessible to newbies and casual players.

#2221 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

patiently..impatiently.. haha waiting here for mine from trent at tilt. jacked up and ive read every freaking thread on the game also.

I'm awaiting a premium from Trent right now as well. I'm pretty sure I'm annoying him with all my emails asking for info on shipping and such. I wants it so bad.

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from thel:

I'm awaiting a premium from Trent right now as well. I'm pretty sure I'm annoying him with all my emails asking for info on shipping and such. I wants it so bad.

When I paid for my pro, J.J. said he had premiums in stock.

#2223 5 years ago

I had a metal works shop make a Simpsons silhouette as a topper. I was thinking of doing something similar for GOTG, but with a second piece a few inches behind the characters and Mezelmods color-changing rgb topper lighting to backlight the characters.

6BD1392BCA95450F94D95EC3E10C4DFF (resized).jpg6BD1392BCA95450F94D95EC3E10C4DFF (resized).jpgIMG_20180405_075612_556 (resized).jpgIMG_20180405_075612_556 (resized).jpg
#2224 5 years ago

Look at this awesomeness! It happened when Chery Bomb ended.

IMG_1461 (resized).PNGIMG_1461 (resized).PNG
#2225 5 years ago

I played with the settings on mine a lot. I settled on letting it hit the leff flipper and sometimes hit the right sling. You can make it gently eject to the right flipper, but that’s pretty lame IMHO. I’m just happy that mine doesn’t eject SDTM anymore.

Quoted from jim_:

Question for everyone how their right scoop:
Has anyone adjusted the power on it? How should it bet setup? With the stock setting on my Pro there is nothing safe about the way it ejects, it is coming to fast for me to try and catch and if I dead flip it half the time it will bounce directly into the right sling.
Opinions? Should it be a safe return to a flipper? Or is the chaos the intended design? I can't decide what I'd rather have.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2226 5 years ago

I added a shaker and a 10” Fipper Fidelity speaker to my game last night. Huge improvement in sound, and the shaker integration is really good in GOTG - better than AS, which I also upgraded.

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When I paid for my pro, J.J. said he had premiums in stock.

Before I paid for my premium Trent said he had premiums in stock. But I just got an email from him today that it will be at least a week or two as they are having production issues... Yeah I'm a bit frustrated.

Added over 6 years ago:

Ha, so it turn out he had me confused with all the people asking about Iron Maiden Premium. Just got voicemail from the shipping company my guardians premium is ready to be delivered this week. Hype!

Anyone with recommendations on "must have" mods/protectors for guardians.

#2228 5 years ago

Seriously thinking about getting a GOTG! One of the main reasons is the sound mod! But I’m thinking a pro... I’m not a fan of the hands on the Prem/LE they totally obscure the playfield. Any thoughts ? Thanks

#2229 5 years ago

Soulrider, we just recently picked up a GOTG Premium. Love the game.
The hands haven’t bothered anyone in our clan. Once you get used to their placement and the shots underneath, we didnt find it an issue.
The extra magnets are awesome and the colour changing leds are very cool.
We are really digging this pin.

A9E2D78B-E979-4560-B69C-34050286CD3F (resized).jpegA9E2D78B-E979-4560-B69C-34050286CD3F (resized).jpegB898B333-7329-45E2-939D-9DABC46470B7 (resized).jpegB898B333-7329-45E2-939D-9DABC46470B7 (resized).jpeg
#2230 5 years ago

Thanks JMK I love the light show on that model as well, maybe I wing it I can always remove them

#2231 5 years ago

Soulrider, we’re still in the honeymoon stage of the pin and enjoy all aspects of the gameplay.
The art is really sharp and the gameplay has very smooth flow.
If the hands are an issue, at least you have the option to remove them.
You won’t be disappointed with the light show or extra magnets.
Can’t wait to spend a lot more time on it.

#2232 5 years ago

The spinners on the Premium/LE are cool too. The Pro doesn't have them.

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

The spinners on the Premium/LE are cool too. The Pro doesn't have them.

I love the spinners on my LE till I’m in Antiquities and the shaker goes crazy when I hit the orbitz

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Seriously thinking about getting a GOTG! One of the main reasons is the sound mod! But I’m thinking a pro... I’m not a fan of the hands on the Prem/LE they totally obscure the playfield. Any thoughts ? Thanks

Best Pro Stern has made in relation to what you get with the Premium. Best bang for your buck. Only two minor features are different that actually affect the ball.

#2235 5 years ago

I have been playing the demo pro i got at golden state show, updated to 1.01 and i like the game more every time i play. I like the scene progression in the character modes, and im getting used to voice actor callouts. Im going to miss this pin when it goes on location in Sacramento next weekend.

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

I have been playing the demo pro i got at golden state show, updated to 1.01 and i like the game more every time i play. I like the scene progression in the character modes, and im getting used to voice actor callouts. Im going to miss this pin when it goes on location in Sacramento next weekend.

Heard it earns really well. Hope it does for you also.

#2237 5 years ago

Best score I’ve had so far, 4 modes complete with Orb, Groot and Quill progress. Only my second time with Cherry Bomb Multiball. Getting a lot better now that I’m actually learning to dead flip. I was blowing a lot of shots.

A6B54DBD-84EE-451F-8372-85A919EA8B49 (resized).jpegA6B54DBD-84EE-451F-8372-85A919EA8B49 (resized).jpegAB3FE7EB-AEA4-485B-9B33-89F893CB85C7 (resized).jpegAB3FE7EB-AEA4-485B-9B33-89F893CB85C7 (resized).jpeg
#2238 5 years ago

In the club! Been looking for a replacement for IM and think I found it!

For those on the fence, like I was, with the recent updates it is time to look at getting off!

AC75A864-43BD-432A-842F-69667D1A5138 (resized).jpegAC75A864-43BD-432A-842F-69667D1A5138 (resized).jpeg
#2239 5 years ago

Congratulations pinnyheadhead!
Picking one up at SFGE this weekend.

#2240 5 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

Congratulations pinnyheadhead!
Picking one up at SFGE this weekend.

Nice! See you there. I will even help you load.

Congrats!

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Heard it earns really well. Hope it does for you also.

Thanks, i think it will do good. Its replacing an under performing AS prem.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

Thanks, i think it will do good. Its replacing an under performing AS prem.

It has been a upper half and close to top performer since it came out per my location buddy. Looks like a GOTG, SW and GB mix are a good 3 way group.

Except except for Why-snow. His sterns don’t seem to earn a dime and break down all the time.

#2243 5 years ago

Guardians will be joining GB pro at same location. Earnings are very good and very reliable pin( just have to keep her clean so far)

#2244 5 years ago

I have a pro and was able to nab some groot arms. But doesn't seem to be a good way to attach them. Any help?

#2245 5 years ago

And what are these aftermarket Groot arms folks are me mentioning? Any pics? Sorry I Just bought Guardians so haven’t been keeping up.

#2246 5 years ago

Marcos had them. I got a set from someone who got one of those but there was no mounting hardware. Look like the right side would possibly mount to the end of the shooter lane but don't see anything

#2247 5 years ago

Sadly even with this help, I only got HS #3.

Has anyone seen their bonus scores shrinking after a few dozen games on 1.0.1? Seems like my first few games, I was getting 100-200M in bonus. Now, it’s rare to get over 50.

C2466A1F-9647-42FD-B3D2-11A6F5AF3A81 (resized).jpegC2466A1F-9647-42FD-B3D2-11A6F5AF3A81 (resized).jpeg

#2248 5 years ago

gotg 1.01 is pretty rad. does the cleland mod add more music?

0DFA9668-EB56-4BCE-9C97-887A242668CD (resized).jpeg0DFA9668-EB56-4BCE-9C97-887A242668CD (resized).jpeg
#2249 5 years ago

Is there any up to date written ruleset or tutorial available for this game?

I got to sink about $40 into GOTG Pro this weekend. I'm REALLY liking the game, but I found it frustrating because I have no idea what the rules are. Well... Shooting for the lit shots is pretty obvious, but there were a lot of times where things just didn't make sense to me.

Like... I believe I finished a mode with lots of time left, but then it stopped and I had to start it again? (Wasn't lit solid) And why is one shot blinking and the rest solid? Why 5 more shots to the pops? How did I active all those shot multipliers, and how in the hell do you hit the far left shot!?

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is there any up to date written ruleset or tutorial available for this game?
I got to sink about $40 into GOTG Pro this weekend. I'm REALLY liking the game, but I found it frustrating because I have no idea what the rules are. Well... Shooting for the lit shots is pretty obvious, but there were a lot of times where things just didn't make sense to me.
Like... I believe I finished a mode with lots of time left, but then it stopped and I had to start it again? (Wasn't lit solid) And why is one shot blinking and the rest solid? Why 5 more shots to the pops? How did I active all those shot multipliers, and how in the hell do you hit the far left shot!?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267117940

Can’t recommend this video enough. Jack blows the game up. Really helps understand the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/45?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.