IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 170.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The “play” in the magnet coil makes no difference to the magnetic field induced in the core, and the air gap is probably better for the playfield in the long run. The brackets look identical, unless I’m missing something.

the brackets on gb use 4 screws to screw into the playfield. these only use 2 screws.

#2152 5 years ago

Just to be clear, it’s unnecessary to push the magnet itself closer to the playfield. It won’t make a bit of difference. But putting a couple washers under each one of the magnet cores to get it pushed up further absolutely makes a huge difference. Just makes the magnet work the way it is designed too. With the core dropping out of the coil, it’s just not as strong.

#2153 5 years ago

I was checking out my magnet today and I was surprised to see how hot it was. I could feel the heat through the playfield. Underneath, it was extremely hot to the touch. Anyone else have this going on?

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

I was checking out my magnet today and I was surprised to see how hot it was. I could feel the heat through the playfield. Underneath, it was extremely hot to the touch. Anyone else have this going on?

Did you add the washer to make it closer as described above?

If not, is it hot all the time - something must be shorted. I would disconnect if it is and troubleshoot it.

#2155 5 years ago

Added two washers today to the magnet core and voila, it works great now!

Thanks to the folks who figured this out!

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

my goal now is 1B

Hit that the other night. It was a great feeling. Groot twice, orb once, cherry bomb, and all modes complete except one shot left on Kyln. I actually believe I could get to Immolation now. Before that game, I had my doubts.

#2157 5 years ago

Washer size? Thanks in advance.

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I tried to use washers that were slightly larger in diameter than the magnet core. I ran out though and used a few that were smaller. I don’t think it matters too much. You’re just pushing the core closer to the wood.

I used washers with a small inner hole, so they wouldn’t be sloshing around the bolt in any way. I think that’s more important that the overall diameter. Anything close to 3/4” should be fine.

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ditto- same question for me.

#2160 5 years ago

I hit 1.4B after upgrading this morning, but my outlanes are nerfed (all the way in). I’ll move them back out now that there are 2 extra ball opportunities.

Quoted from sethi_i:

Hit that the other night. It was a great feeling. Groot twice, orb once, cherry bomb, and all modes complete except one shot left on Kyln. I actually believe I could get to Immolation now. Before that game, I had my doubts.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hit 1.4B after upgrading this morning, but my outlanes are nerfed (all the way in). I’ll move them back out now that there are 2 extra ball opportunities.

I have everything set at factory. For me, this game is all about flow/accuracy. My games are usually all or nothing. If I'm not hitting the shots, I lose most of the balls flailing away trying to hit the damn scoop. The outlane posts can't shoot for me!

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can't wait! I'm so ready. Got my plastic protectors and my cliffys.

Where did you get cliffy's? I looked on his site and don't see any for GOTG

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Where did you get cliffy's? I looked on his site and don't see any for GOTG

Gotta email him directly.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

Yes, same here, I had to replace a broken drop target spring and actually burned the back of my hand on a magnet.
Only played 2 games or so before lifting the pf.
I know they can run hot but this kind of heat is ridiculous

#2165 5 years ago

My left outlane was a black hole exerting an inescapable gravity field.

I find with the heavy emphasis on the scoop for Mode start and upgrades, you are necessarily adding a ton of chaos to the game. That’s probably the toughest/Most important shot in the game, and bricking it invariably sends the ball on a slingshot nightmare journey.

For me, the perfect balance was to close the outlanes. Occasionally I have a monster game, but most of the time it still kicks the crap out of me.

If I get more consistent with the game, I will open them up again.

The rocket shot is often so fast that it fires under my right flipper before it’s even had a chance to drop again... maybe I need to focus on quick flipping that?! It’s such a tight shot though, I find follow through helps my accuracy.

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I find with the heavy emphasis on the scoop for Mode start and upgrades, you are necessarily adding a ton of chaos to the game. That’s probably the toughest/Most important shot in the game, and bricking it invariably sends the ball on a slingshot nightmare journey.
For me, the perfect balance was to close the outlanes. Occasionally I have a monster game, but most of the time it still kicks the crap out of me.
The rocket shot is often so fast that it fires under my right flipper before it’s even had a chance to drop again... maybe I need to focus on quick flipping that?! It’s such a tight shot though, I find follow through helps my accuracy.

I had a nice game last night over 100 million but it was sandwiched by a game under 10 million and one under 20 million.
The left outlane is a cruel place where GoTG greatness goes to die. I'm moving it in tonight.

#2167 5 years ago

Hit 1.99 billion the other night. Had a hell of a game. Closed all 8 modes and only had Groot and Orb flashing when I drained my final ball. Over 700 million on Immolation Initiative. The new end bonus scoring is a game changer, especially towards getting those replay/extra balls.

#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

This is such a risky shot that I don't even shoot it on purpose. I'll start Kyln to qualify it, but I don't try to complete it. One mode for one ball isn't a good trade! Is the final Rocket shot for Kyln live in Groot or Orb multiballs?

#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Is the final Rocket shot for Kyln live in Groot or Orb multiballs?

Yes it is. Groot Multiball is my goto way to finish Kyln -> bumble into a Rocket shot.

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Backhanding rocket is the best and safest for me, same goes for gamora.
Even though nebula is the widest shot, I keep finding that one tricky, I do on Metallica too, same position.

Left outlane is cruel and unfair, it can jump out from a succesfull yondu shot, so closing that down a little seems fair enough in my books

#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yes, same here, I had to replace a broken drop target spring and actually burned the back of my hand on a magnet.
Only played 2 games or so before lifting the pf.
I know they can run hot but this kind of heat is ridiculous

I don’t recall ever noticing heat on my Ironman, a few times when I first fit a new monger with led chest, I would think it’s fitted right, play a few games to test and then I would end up having to lift the playfield to make a couple of tweaks, don’t ever remember thinking wow it’s warm under here

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Left outlane is cruel and unfair, it can jump out from a succesfull yondu shot

Yeah, it seems like that middle wire is purposely set to make the ball take a hard left bounce.

#2173 5 years ago

I discovered today that the real super skill shot is to plunge hard enough that the ball goes around the orbit, bounces off the flipper and into the scoop, or if I’m a little too soft it hits the lower right Hadron target, which is even better!

#2174 5 years ago

I lose way more balls to that middle left inlane wire than I do to Rocket. And usually it’s a slow-moving ball, which makes it even more painful.

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I discovered today that the real super skill shot is to plunge hard enough that the ball goes around the orbit, bounces off the flipper and into the scoop, or if I’m a little too soft it hits the lower right Hadron target, which is even better!

I will try that tonight. I thought the light had to be flashing white for super skill shot.

Thanks for posting

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I discovered today that the real super skill shot is to plunge hard enough that the ball goes around the orbit, bounces off the flipper and into the scoop...

welcome to Metallica

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Gotta email him directly.

thanks will do

#2178 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I will try that tonight. I thought the light had to be flashing white for super skill shot.
Thanks for posting

It is indeed the to hit the flashing white on the right half which changes on each plunge. Maybe the OP meant a handy bonus shot? My table usually ends up in the scoop too which is a quick mode upgrade.

For those that are unaware, holding the left flipper opens the loop lane.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks for posting

You don’t get any points for it, but your mode is immediately upgraded. That’s worth more than a few million to me.

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You don’t get any points for it, but your mode is immediately upgraded. That’s worth more than a few million to me.

I have mine set to require two shots before Upgrade is lit and disabled choose mission at launch, sounds like others are leaving theirs at default for those settings?

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have mine set to require two shots before Upgrade is lit and disabled choose mission at launch, sounds like others are leaving theirs at default for those settings?

Until I can finish the game at factory settings, I don't see the need to make it harder. Once I complete SX, I'll think about switching settings.

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like it! I tried it last night and upgrades definitely help to complete the modes. Thanks for letting us all know about this.

#2183 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

It is indeed the to hit the flashing white on the right half which changes on each plunge. Maybe the OP meant a handy bonus shot? My table usually ends up in the scoop too which is a quick mode upgrade.
For those that are unaware, holding the left flipper opens the loop lane.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

thanks for sharing. i did this a few times and couldnt figure out if it was a random thing.
keep the posts coming this is my favorite right now. i dont see plastic protectors for le anywhere, am i missing something? its probably due to low production and the slings have the flashers built in there.

#2184 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed a bug where if you drain the last ball on a MB out the right outlane, with ball save lit but the Groot Ballsave (Star Lord's eye's) is flashing but almost done it doesn't award either ball save? I have the Pro and have seen it three times. It happens when I have a single ball locked in Groot's mouth and drain the rest, he shoots that ball out and it ends up in the right outlane, it appears to ignore the fact the ball save is lit on the outlane.

#2185 5 years ago

Yes, I think I’ve seen that with Groot multiball.

#2186 5 years ago

Hey everybody! I'm considering buying a GotG! With everyone here that owns one, what are your thoughts? I hear it is a lot like Metallica and Iron Man. I don't own either. Everything I see I like so far but my one question is, Are the call out from the movie? The voice for Starlord sounds off but Nebula sounds about right.

Oh also, is there something you don't like that I should be aware of before dropping some money on one?

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everybody! I'm considering buying a GotG! With everyone here that owns one, what are your thoughts? I hear it is a lot like Metallica and Iron Maiden. I don't own either. Everything I see I like so far but my one question is, Are the call out from the movie? The voice for Starlord sounds off but Nebula sounds about right.
Oh also, is there something you don't like that I should be aware of before dropping some money on one?

It has the same/very similar layout to Metallica, but plays completely differently. I don't really see any comparison whatsoever with Iron Maiden?

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Has anyone else noticed a bug where if you drain the last ball on a MB out the right outlane, with ball save lit but the Groot Ballsave (Star Lord's eye's) is flashing but almost done it doesn't award either ball save? I have the Pro and have seen it three times. It happens when I have a single ball locked in Groot's mouth and drain the rest, he shoots that ball out and it ends up in the right outlane, it appears to ignore the fact the ball save is lit on the outlane.

Yes this has happened many times on my Pro, I also still experience the bug where my right ball saver is lit, and mystery award says light ball saver

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackpotjared:

Yes this has happened many times on my Pro, I also still experience the bug where my right ball saver is lit, and mystery award says light ball saver

Glad it's not just me! Does Stern have a twitter or e-mail account we can use to report software bugs like JJP does?

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It has the same/very similar layout to Metallica, but plays completely differently. I don't really see any comparison whatsoever with Iron Maiden?

I agree with this completely, there are enough differences that they really don't play the same. I like MET and think GOTG is one of the better new Stern's in a while. The callouts are not from the movies but cleland has fixed that and added more songs for us with his awesome sound replacement rom (there is a thread all about it with instructions to download and install), if you don't go that route most of the factory callouts are really not that bad. I still suggest using his build though.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Sorry, I meant Iron Man.

#2192 5 years ago

Has anybody given any thought, or come up with any solutions to the Groot hand blocking view of the Ronan insert.

I thought about a few things.

Crude solution. Remove hand and drill an angled hole through the hand and mounting plate to allow a sight line to the insert.

Slightly more elegant solution. Try to mount a small bubble mirror on top of the spinner bracket that might reflect the insert?!

Perhaps impossible solution... is there a way to tie in to the LED on the node board to add a satellite LED on top of Groot’s hand or wrist?!

Anybody?!

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everybody! I'm considering buying a GotG! With everyone here that owns one, what are your thoughts? I hear it is a lot like Metallica and Iron Man. I don't own either. Everything I see I like so far but my one question is, Are the call out from the movie? The voice for Starlord sounds off but Nebula sounds about right.

They are voice actors. Actually, Starlord's voice is not the problem. Nor Gamora's. It's Rocket, Yandu, and Ronan that are way off.

If you want the actual audio lines from the movie, you can install Cleland's mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Has anybody given any thought, or come up with any solutions to the Groot hand blocking view of the Ronan insert.
Crude solution. Remove hand and drill an angled hole through the hand and mounting plate to allow a sight line to the insert.
Slightly more elegant solution. Try to mount a small bubble mirror on top of the spinner bracket that might reflect the insert?!
Perhaps impossible solution... is there a way to tie in to the LED on the node board to add a satellite LED on top of Groot’s hand or wrist?!
Anybody?!

I am looking at an LE and I will probably be simply removing the hands, after playing a premium I love everything about this game except the hands.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am looking at an LE and I will probably be simply removing the hands, after playing a premium I love everything about this game except the hands.

can i buy them from you?

#2196 5 years ago

Can anyone with an LE or premium take some pics of the GI lighting for me? I know they have red blue and white bulbs mixed and i want to do this to the GI on my pro as i really like the way it looked.

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Anybody?!

Don't mean to repeat myself, but I love the arms...really cool look for the game. A quick duck and glance tells me all I need to know about the insert.

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think it's really a matter of getting the magnet coil closer to the ball so it has little bit more power.

guess it makes sense if a magnet was further away it field wouldn't be as strong. Never dawned on me to look at that as the issue.
I always just assumed the magnetic coil was weaker or something. Will be checking this for all games from here on out. thanks

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

guess it makes sense if a magnet was further away it field wouldn't be as strong. Never dawned on me to look at that as the issue.
I always just assumed the magnetic coil was weaker or something. Will be checking this for all games from here on out. thanks

It’s important to note that the coil itself induces the magnetic field while the steel spindle becomes the magnet. The spindle needs to sit flush against the playfield - that’s what the washers are doing. This is why shimming the coil only against the playfield doesn’t have the same effect.

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Don't mean to repeat myself, but I love the arms...really cool look for the game. A quick duck and glance tells me all I need to know about the insert.

Yes, I know it’s easy to make it work... but it would be so much better if it was readily readable.

Also better for people new to the game.

As I become more experienced with the game, I mostly know when it’s lit anyway.

If I can find an elegant solution though, I will take it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
$ 28.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/44?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.