IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 171.
#2051 5 years ago

My left ramp returns to the left inlanes.
Yours must be horribly warped.

#2052 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

My left ramp returns to the left inlanes.
Yours must be horribly warped.

I see what you did there ... my bad

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Pulled out the side wall just a hair and now most of my orbit drops miss the slingshot. So good fix on that one. Orb drop target is still not dropping all the time, I’ll work on that one another day I suppose. I’m very tempted to turn the mode select back on when starting a ball, but it feels like cheating I’ll keep working on that scoop shot. I just wish there was a consistent method to hit it.

Can someone post a picture of the rail that was moved?

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I had this issue on mine. There was a small spring on the target accessible from the bottom of the playfield that seemed to hold the drop in the locked position. It looked like there were similar attachment points for a spring on the other side but my mech only had one. I thought maybe the one spring was putting asymmetric torque that caused it not to drop as easily. I thought about adding a spring to the other side but started by just removing the spring which seemed to completely resolve for me so I haven't looked into it further.

Can you post a picture? Thx

#2055 5 years ago

Ok it’s really making it unenjoyable that I get timed out of modes because the orb drop target won’t fall. I’ve loosened the spring, I’m scared to remove it as then there is nothing to pull it down. Is it possible this is a glitch in the code?

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Ok it’s really making it unenjoyable that I get timed out of modes because the orb drop target won’t fall. I’ve loosened the spring, I’m scared to remove it as then there is nothing to pull it down. Is it possible this is a glitch in the code?

Loosen the screws on the latch (the small bracket thats closest to the small coil),don't remove, wiggle it towards the adjustment , forward and back,to help it latch.
Retighten

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Very doubtful. It has to be a mechanical issue.

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Loosen the screws on the latch (the small bracket thats closest to the small coil),don't remove, wiggle it towards the adjustment , forward and back,to help it latch.
Retighten

Ok, I did loosen all 4 screws, but there isn’t any play in the bracket as far as back and forth goes, tightened them back down while pushing it as far toward the playfield as possible, and haven’t had it stick on me yet in about 10 games. Hopefully that’s a permanent fix.

Also, like everyone else, I’m about 40 games in and all of a sudden my magnet is not grabbing, but just deflecting the ball. Doesn’t bother me at all, but something seems to be going on with everyone’s magnets after breaking in the game a bit. Wonder what’s doing it.

#2059 5 years ago

I am making an orb protector that incorporates 2 protectors into 1 plastic protector:
1. Protect back left corner (much thicker) and overall plastic protector
2. Incorporates the "upfront" protector that is sold at Pinballife. This is sold to stop airballs.

Also, you can slip in the metal bracket that Stern sends out as well.
I am making a few for myself.

IF anyone else is interested, ping me.
-cpr9999

gotg1 (resized).jpggotg1 (resized).jpg

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am making an orb protector that incorporates 2 protectors into 1 plastic protector:
1. Protect back left corner (much thicker) and overall plastic protector
2. Incorporates the "upfront" protector that is sold at Pinballife
Also, you can slip in the metal bracket that Stern sends out as well.
I am making a few for myself.
IF anyone else is interested, ping me.
-cpr9999

I’ll send you a pic of the metal wall when I get home tonight. Sorry I didn’t do it yet.

Also, pointless for me, since my orb plastic was broke by an air ball on day one.

#2061 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I’ll send you a pic of the metal wall when I get home tonight. Sorry I didn’t do it yet.
Also, pointless for me, since my orb plastic was broke by an air ball on day one.

Thx in advance for posting pictures.

Do you have the front protector which helps stop airballs? That is the reason for incorporating both.

#2062 5 years ago

My magnet is randomly working very well this weekend. Weird.

#2063 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I put a little washer under each of the two back screws of the bracket. It pushed the metal bracket closer to the magnet so it grabs it better. It has worked everytime since I did this.

#2064 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thx in advance for posting pictures.
Do you have the front protector which helps stop airballs? That is the reason for incorporating both.

1BE5B0E1-D926-49D0-A802-080F118E1A0D (resized).jpeg1BE5B0E1-D926-49D0-A802-080F118E1A0D (resized).jpeg

#2065 5 years ago

Best score I’ve had so far. Didn’t get to Cherry Bomb, was 1 shot away in Rockets mode from CB . But had a 150m Orb MB so I suppose that made up for it. Really loving this game. I got the orb drop working every time, and the orbits are perfect. Everything on mine has broke in very nicely with a a few necessary adjustments. Really enjoying it now.

One thing I did notice is that although there is an Antiqueties 2 mode, there are no shots coded for it yet.

3D987532-3241-4A78-BDB9-EA026EF4294A (resized).jpeg3D987532-3241-4A78-BDB9-EA026EF4294A (resized).jpeg

#2066 5 years ago

Added the PinStadium lights, looks great.

79E28D23-AB80-4CC8-A933-790BFF7EB2DC.jpeg79E28D23-AB80-4CC8-A933-790BFF7EB2DC.jpeg

#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Added the PinStadium lights, looks great.

nice gonna order mine. did you order the uv flasher and where did you connect it to?

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

nice gonna order mine. did you order the uv flasher and where did you connect it to?

Yeah, UV looks great. I attached it to the middle of the playfield, directly above the Guardians Logo. I had it on the one in the behind the Orb drop target first, but that one blinks non stop, it was driving me nuts

Here’s a pic with the flashers

D2B5B040-0269-48D2-82C7-7BCCCA392A68 (resized).jpegD2B5B040-0269-48D2-82C7-7BCCCA392A68 (resized).jpeg

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I put a little washer under each of the two back screws of the bracket. It pushed the metal bracket closer to the magnet so it grabs it better. It has worked everytime since I did this.

Are you talking about the magnet problem, or the orb drop target problem? You quoted his drop target problem, but your answer seems to be about the magnet problem.

#2070 5 years ago

Premium le owners wanna sell your groot hands ? Pm me

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Are you talking about the magnet problem, or the orb drop target problem? You quoted his drop target problem, but your answer seems to be about the magnet problem.

The reason the drop target wont drop is because the magnet is a little to far away from the bracket to pull it in so the drop target won't fall. By putting a washer under each screw pushes the bracket closer to the magnet. At least on my game.

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

The reason the drop target wont drop is because the magnet is a little to far away from the bracket to pull it in so the drop target won't fall. By putting a washer under each screw pushes the bracket closer to the magnet. At least on my game.

Forgive me for being a novice, but if you ever have the playfield up again, could you snap a pic of the screws you’re referring too?

The only screws I’m aware of on that bracket are the 4 on the backside that hold the spring in place. I’m probably confusing you more by even talking at all. A pic would help if you get a chance.

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I have 2 Baby Groot shooters available. $65 USD shipped

Both shooters sold

#2074 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Forgive me for being a novice, but if you ever have the playfield up again, could you snap a pic of the screws you’re referring too?
The only screws I’m aware of on that bracket are the 4 on the backside that hold the spring in place. I’m probably confusing you more by even talking at all. A pic would help if you get a chance.

Here are a couple pics. The issue I was having was the coil labeled 51 in the pic would fire and it is supposed to pull that metal piece you see in. When the metal piece gets pulled in the drop target would fall. The metal piece is just a little to far away and coil labeled 51 in the pic would not pull in the metal piece. I put a washer under each of the two back screws which pushed the metal piece a little closer so when the coil fired it would pull in the metal piece and the target would drop.

20180522_092840 (resized).jpg20180522_092840 (resized).jpg

20180522_092852 (resized).jpg20180522_092852 (resized).jpg

20180522_092901 (resized).jpg20180522_092901 (resized).jpg

20180522_092929 (resized).jpg20180522_092929 (resized).jpg

#2075 5 years ago

GOTG Premium Ordered ! (got a good deal - had all intentions for the pro but ended up with premium for only a fraction more in cost )

First time pin owner
First time NIB!

Looking forward to it (Iron Maiden isn’t my thing - and I enjoy the latest code and look forward to testing Clelands sound mod!)

#2076 5 years ago

New Code is up

PRO V1.00 - May 22, 2018
=====================

- Increased “Immolation Initiative” scoring.
- Increased potential “Antiquities Shop” 2 switch scores.
- Increased potential “Yaka Arrow” 2 pop bumper scores.
- fixed “Yaka Arrow” 2 pop bumper award animations.
- Added logic to allow the ticket dispenser to appear in coil test.
- Fixed a mission timer bug that upon draining reset the mission timer back to its original starting value and resumed the mission at the start of the next ball. This occurred when the ball drained with only fractional seconds left remaining in a mission. Now, when draining under the same scenario, the player is presented mission select at the start of the next ball.
- Fixed a bug where the skill shot was available after “Cherry Bomb” Multiball.
- Fixed a bug where a ball saver was available after “Cherry Bomb” Multiball.
- Added logic to “Save Xandar” shot light strings to represent how many more shots are needed to complete a shot and add-a-ball into play. The logic is:
3 to go = Lamp Blinking
2 to go = Lamp Solid
1 to go = Shot lamp string strobing ON,ON,ON,OFF,OFF,OFF
- Fixed a bug in “Save Xandar” that would not award a left orbit shot if a ball was simultaneously being auto launched from the shooter lane.
- Fixed “Save Xandar” Super Jackpot Ready lightshow.
- Fixed mystery award lightshows that occur during multiball events.
- Fixed a bug in “Immolation Initiative” where balls were not being added back into play after crossing a switch/score threshold.
- Increased the ball saver time during “Immolation Initiative” when balls are added back into play.
- fixed display text in “Save Xandar”.
- Added an “add-a-ball” and “ball saver” for completing each shot during “Save Xandar”, i.e. ”Save Xandar” now has 9 add-a-balls.
- Fixed a “Save Xandar” award lightshow.
- Now missions contribute to the end ball bonus. Completing a mission will add 50% of the total mission score to the Bonus.
Example: score 10M total points during “Sanctuary”. Upon draining the “Ronan” value in the bonus sequence is worth 5M.
This value holds over from ball to ball and can be raised by finishing “Save Xandar” and finishing the mission a 2nd time.
- Changed the shot based portion of bonus scoring.
- A 2nd Extra Ball can be collected for finishing "X" missions/MBs, default = 6.
- Added a 2nd Extra Ball adjustment that allows/disables an Extra Ball to be lit/collected at the right scoop.
- fixed a problem where, on occasion, the score frame, player scores, player up, and ball in play would not be displayed until a full screen display effect occurred.
- added Yondu lane sound effect, light effect.
- Optimized “Groot Multiball” Ready lightshow.
- Fixed “Groot Multiball” Super, Double Super Jackpot lightshows.
- Fixed “Save Xandar” Super Jackpot Lightshow.
- Added speech to “Save Xandar” Start.
- Synced “Save Xandar” start display/speech/shaker/lightshows.
- Fixed a bug where the background score display effect was not properly waiting to start.
- Removed a glitch that could occur with shooter groove mode display effects.
- optimized ““Groot Multiball”” start sequence dots/music.
- Increased “Groot Multiball” Super, Double Super Jackpot scores.
- Added logic to sync the “Groot Multiball” Background display sequence to the “Groot Multiball” start display effect the first time the player starts “Groot Multiball”. The game remembers subsequent music/display starting points when starting “Groot Multiball” anew.
- Fixed custom messages.
- Added variations of Groot saying "I Am Groot" to “Groot Multiball” Start. These are also synced to the movement of Groot's mouth.
- Groot's mouth is now synced to the speech during the “Groot Multiball” Start sequence.
- Added speech to “Groot Multiball” start.
- Choreographed “Groot Multiball” start lightshow(s).
- Added 2 blow off sequences to the “Groot Multiball” Display Effect. Now you can fast forward/blow off to the "I Am Groot" sequence of the display effect, and additionally, blow that off to get the balls to kick out quickly.
- Fixed a cancel display bug in Mystery that would sometimes kill the display effect instead of fast forwarding/canceling to the actual award that was supposed to be displayed.
- added new Groot Lock kick out lightshows.
- improved Sanctuary 2 award lightshows.
- Added a bigger Sanctuary 2 award lightshow.
- Optimized how/when alternate Secondary mode display effects occur.
- Added shaker code to alternate Secondary modes.
- Increased Groot Super, Double Super Jackpot values.

- Extended TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Corrected minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is inconsistent or poorly adjusted.

#2077 5 years ago

Has anyone found anyone selling the ramp decals for the premium and le? I want to add them to my pro.

#2078 5 years ago

Sounds like lots of nice Groot updates!!

But....

I don't see anything in the Read Me file about fixing the magnet timer.

#2079 5 years ago

- Added variations of Groot saying "I Am Groot" to “Groot Multiball” Start. These are also synced to the movement of Groot's mouth.
- Groot's mouth is now synced to the speech during the “Groot Multiball” Start sequence.
- Added speech to “Groot Multiball” start.

Sounds like his mouth moves to say i am groot now.

#2080 5 years ago

I am Groooooooooot!

#2081 5 years ago

Nice! Love that Groot moves his mouth with the speech now!

Anyone know how I can get a complete 1.0 img file instead of the stick update? Mine came with .73 and it was corrupt, so a usb update won’t fix it. I’ve been using the .95 sound mod file instead but don’t want to overwrite that one. So if anyone can provide a 1.0 img file that I can write to a new card that would be awesome

#2082 5 years ago

Looks great. Can’t wait for Cleland to work his magic on this.

#2083 5 years ago

Nice GOTG update, the code was a letdown upon release and many early reviews should now be revisited
This game is now at 1.0 and ready for fair judgement
It’s always been a game with a terrific layout (thanks Metallica)

#2084 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Now PW79 has to buy one!

#2085 5 years ago

Played a few games on the new code. Wow, I love the update. Besides what they’ve done with the Groot mechanics, the scoring seems better. I’ve owned it for a week now and have never got to Cherry Bomb, new update and I get there on my second game. 466mil when my prior best was 225. Hate the voices still, and boboli bobo needs to go...

#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

No. It's mechanical. I had to remove the assembly and tweak it in more ways than one to fix it. It was a pain, but now it is 100%.

#2087 5 years ago

Any owners able to put a video up of the new code? Hopefully DeadFlip streams this new code ASAP!

New code sounds great, a lot of the stuff I have been hoping for before buying now to decide pro or premium!?

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any owners able to put a video up of the new code? Hopefully deadflip streams this new code ASAP!
New code sounds great, a lot of the stuff I have been hoping for before buying now to decide pro or premium!?

Best I can do for you with an iPhone lol

#2089 5 years ago

FWIW. All my magnets and the drop target are working well. The three magnets on the LE can produce some cool effects. Especially during orb multiball. Really digging the game now. I think there are a few bugs to work out. But it's hard to tell while I'm playing. I may miss stuff, or the animations may be suppressed. I just want them to make sure the scoring and rules are working as intended. Sometimes it seems that when you hit multiple things in a short period of time, that your maybe not getting full credit. I'll try and detail anything I see with this new code. Again, really love the way it's shaping up.

On the last update they seemed to add some voice work when you drain. Ronan giving you a hard time for losing the ball. I mostly noticed it when not in a mode. I think volume on those call outs should be louder in the mix. They are a nice touch, everyone loves when a game taunts you.

One last thing. People really enjoy this game. The music (even the stock tracks) add to the enjoyment. I had a bunch of non-pinball people over and there was lots of singing and dancing along with this pin. Even watching the PAPA video when they were playing this a few weeks ago, you could tell peeps were having a good time and digging the toons.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Anyone know how I can get a complete 1.0 img file instead of the stick update? Mine came with .73 and it was corrupt, so a usb update won’t fix it. I’ve been using the .95 sound mod file instead but don’t want to overwrite that one. So if anyone can provide a 1.0 img file that I can write to a new card that would be awesome

Why not just make a copy of your .95 coded SD card?

#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Why not just make a copy of your .95 coded SD card?

All set now, found an .img of 90

#2092 5 years ago

The changes to the end bonus are huge! Bonus is finally worth something! The key is closing out the modes.

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now PW79 has to buy one!

Getting warmer!

I really should only buy one game this year but I might have to make it 2 if Stern keeps it up.

Code is 1.0 now so I will play GOTG and see what it brings. If it’s good then I will buy it once they finish Aerosmith.

Maiden is tempting too. Deadpool looks sweet also. I’m open minded to Munsters & excited for Elvira. Maybe I need 5 new games

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Getting warmer!
I really should only buy one game this year but I might have to make it 2 if Stern keeps it up.
Code is 1.0 now so I will play GOTG and see what it brings. If it’s good then I will buy it once they finish Aerosmith.
Maiden is tempting too. Deadpool looks sweet also. I’m open minded to Munsters & excited for Elvira. Maybe I need 5 new games

Man you holding off on buying until the AS update is like having Vodka on a stick, pulling away and teasing Gary! So cold.

Well, he has to earn it I guess?

#2095 5 years ago

And I want to play one more time and see if GOTG is for me.

Hope it is a good update for all you folks!

#2096 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Man you holding off on buying until the AS update is like having Vodka on a stick, pulling away and teasing Gary! So cold.
Well, he has to earn it I guess?

I cannot have a lineup of incomplete games. It would make my eye twitch.

Also I had to earn the money so “Gary” needs to earn it too. Plus you know my personality, I really like code & QC

#2097 5 years ago

Nasty bug where the bonuses are being rolled over to the next player. Guy had a video on Facebook about it.

I bet Stern patches that quickly.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nasty bug where the bonuses are being rolled over to the next player. Guy had a video on Facebook about it.

I bet Stern patches that quickly.

URL for some reason changed for the video since I posted the link, weird.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/35138159505/ On the STERN PINBALL ENTHUSIASTS FB Group.

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Video from facebook: Just hit play on video, no need to log into FB.
https://www.facebook.com/niles.mitchell/videos/10155145632726260/

Did the video change? It's just showing off mirror blades.

#2100 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Did the video change? It's just showing off mirror blades.

Yes it did for some reason, use link above and you should see the video with a slight scroll.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 19.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/42?hl=tungsten78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.