IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 170.
#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Such an awesome theme is deserves amazing code

Totally agree and its the reason I have been on the fence with this title more so than any other, plus space is getting limited so I have to be picky now as I don't want to sell any of my current games just yet. Some more theme integration and personality from the movies would go along way, like I mentioned in my post above, they have custom callouts, get Groot speaking and have Rocket translate for the player could comment on how your playing, insult you if your playing bad et.

#1952 5 years ago

Yeah, a few ball save and outlane insults would be nice. One of my favorite things about AS is when Jacky says “Is this your first time?” and “Are you gonna try scoring points now?”. And in MET when you drain and someone says “No!!”. Classic.

Actually a great one for GOTG would be teenage Groot saying “I am Groot” with a heavy dose of sarcasm in his voice.

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, a few ball save and outlane insults would be nice. One of my favorite things about AS is when Jacky says “Is this your first time?” and “Are you gonna try scoring points now?”. And in MET when you drain and someone says “No!!”. Classic.
Actually a great one for GOTG would be teenage Groot saying “I am Groot” with a heavy dose of sarcasm in his voice.

Infinity War just provided some funny and entertaining Guardians moments that could be nicely added into the game using pinball browser in the future.

#1954 5 years ago

Maybe one day Groot will talk & I will own GOTG

Till then I buy nothing & complain

#1955 5 years ago

Putting my game in a 50 person tournament tomorrow.. does anyone know what the tournament setting actually does?

Does it make mystery awards always award in the same sequence and give points for EBs?

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Does it make mystery awards always award in the same sequence and give points for EBs?

Cant speak for GOTG specifically... but yes, generally it will award the same mystery awards to each player.

Don’t forget to also turn the EB adjustment (one of the first ones in the menu) to zero.

rd

#1957 5 years ago

Put up this score on my first game ever on the Cointaker machine at Pinfest. Then picked up my LE from Melissa. I feel I made a great choice. I felt GOTG blew away the other new games I played today.

F37953BB-3EF7-45A9-8296-8B919462CC77 (resized).jpegF37953BB-3EF7-45A9-8296-8B919462CC77 (resized).jpeg

#1958 5 years ago

Anyone had their Orb drop target do a rapid fire a few times before it catches again. Any way to adjust??

#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Anyone had their Orb drop target do a rapid fire a few times before it catches again. Any way to adjust??

Yep, mine does that a lot. Also, sometimes the ball hits the stationary target fast enough that the ball bounces out before the drop target can pop up and catch it. Usually followed by a drain.

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yep, mine does that a lot. Also, sometimes the ball hits the stationary target fast enough that the ball bounces out before the drop target can pop up and catch it. Usually followed by a drain.

Hmm both games were early runs. That have anything to do with it???

Call stern Monday.

#1961 5 years ago

Ours does once in a while. Too lazy to adjust... I'm just hoping I get multiple shot credits when it's spazzing out!

#1962 5 years ago

Mine does it as well ones a while
But happy I get my first Cherry bomb multiball today , very cool
Finally able to play multiball with new Node board installed and my left flipper not completely dying

Fingers crossed it last

#1963 5 years ago

These are things I've noticed that can be improved/fixed with code updates.

1. The mode clock needs to reset with a new ball after a drain in the same mode. Ghostbusters and Star Trek did this. It is pointless to start a new ball with 2 seconds left in the mode.
2. The mode clock needs to pause during on-screen animations that we can't skip. Orb multi-ball startup is a egregious example of this, but there are others as well.
3. There is a delay after the ball enters the shooter lane before you can launch it with the lockdown bar button. If you press it too early after the ball enters the shooter lane, the screen and sound will change, but you need to hit the button a second time to launch the ball. This is frustrating when you're anxious to shoot the ball off again quickly. Star Trek didn't have this problem with its lockdown bar button.
4. "Shoot Again" clip is sometimes completely mute for some reason.
5. Inconsistent registering of the skill shot on the left ball guide above the pops. Switch is functioning perfectly in manual test, so I know this is code related.
6. The magnet needs to fire a second faster to provide a more consistent "hard catch" of the ball when it leaves the orb shot.

That's all I can think of right now.

#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

These are things I've noticed that can be improved/fixed with code updates.
1. The mode clock needs to reset with a new ball after a drain in the same mode. Ghostbusters and Star Trek did this. It is pointless to start a new ball with 2 seconds left in the mode.
2. The mode clock needs to pause during on-screen animations that we can't skip. Orb multi-ball startup is a egregious example of this, but there are others as well.
3. There is a delay after the ball enters the shooter lane before you can launch it with the lockdown bar button. If you press it too early after the ball enters the shooter lane, the screen and sound will change, but you need to hit the button a second time to launch the ball. This is frustrating when you're anxious to shoot the ball off again quickly. Star Trek didn't have this problem with its lockdown bar button.
4. "Shoot Again" clip is sometimes completely mute for some reason.
5. Inconsistent registering of the skill shot on the left ball guide above the pops. Switch is functioning perfectly in manual test, so I know this is code related.
6. The magnet needs to fire a second faster to provide a more consistent "hard catch" of the ball when it leaves the orb shot.
That's all I can think of right now.

Please forward these to Stern.
I can't agree enough with your second point. I've been forced to watch nearly 10 seconds tick off the timer while waiting for the animation to complete leaving no time on the clock for a desperation last shot.

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Here's some video showing what's going on.

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Please forward these to Stern.
I can't agree enough with your second point. I've been forced to watch nearly 10 seconds tick off the timer while waiting for the animation to complete leaving no time on the clock for a desperation last shot.

Done. I suggest everyone report their code issues and quirks.

[email protected]

#1967 5 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Here's some video showing what's going on. » YouTube video

Wow, mine isn’t that bad, it doesn’t “machine gun”. Yours looks like it’s not catching at the top of travel. A new drop target might fix that. Everyone, does your drop target “knock down plate” (for the smaller coil) have 1 spring or 2? BTW, I’m glad that shots to this drop target don’t seem to brick as much as they do on MET’s first drop.

#1968 5 years ago

Argh, that drop target! I had Cherry Bomb strobing at the scoop, but for some reason I shot the Orb shot. The ball bounced off the Orb stationary target and came straight down the middle. I don't even think the drop target was triggered. I lost my Cherry Bomb to that damned drop target! And yes, it awarded me the Orb Lock as the ball drained.

Does anyone see the drop come up and catch the ball 100% of the time? I can't figure out whether it's a code problem, or an adjustment problem on mine.

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Argh, that drop target! I had Cherry Bomb strobing at the scoop, but for some reason I shot the Orb shot. The ball bounced off the Orb stationary target and came straight down the middle. I don't even think the drop target was triggered. I lost my Cherry Bomb to that damned drop target! And yes, it awarded me the Orb Lock as the ball drained.
Does anyone see the drop come up and catch the ball 100% of the time? I can't figure out whether it's a code problem, or an adjustment problem on mine.

I haven't had any issues with the drop target. Overall the whole game has been working right.

#1970 5 years ago

The only issue I've had was the auto-launcher had a bad case of ED. It didn't have enough power to push the ball more than 3 inches up the shooter lane.

Contacted Stern support and they recommended replacing a node board. I made the request thru Trent and was back up and running in no time.

#1971 5 years ago

Any video of the topper in action with the new code?

#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

I have not had the drop target behave like that ever.Does it always act like that ?

#1973 5 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

that sucks, I know mine went down without hitting it.
I thought there was some type of adjustment, but I didn't see anything. Probably different then SAM games.

I found the ledge on the drop had worn down enough to where it wasn't able to catch on the assembly. I replaced the drop and its back at 100%, next time I'll try to find another fix because that's not something I want to be doing every few months. I'd have to look at it again but maybe a lower tensioned spring? (this might help with the inevitable wear on the drop ledge). I also Thought there was something that could be done with the hardware that holds the drop in place.

Assuming GB hasn't had these same issues because you don't hit those drop targets anywhere close to the same amount you do hitting orb. that and the spring tension is probably a little less, they even came out with a spring kit for GB drops because they weren't dropping half the time.

#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Here's some video showing what's going on.

Looks like it's not catching. I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but Stern had a service bulletin when WPT era games were having similar problems. The fix is to add washers behind the rest ledge. I've also had the same problem with classic Bally/Stern games too.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from ddebuss:

Nope!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1976 5 years ago

Joined the bandwagon - loving the game.

A couple issues noticed on my Pro:

1) Magnet isn't catching the ball - have seen it only 3 times. Similar to Sinestro and a few others, it is activating but too late or possibly without enough juice. If I stop the ball with my hand it'll catch albeit not with the determination seen in the youtube videos. The coil itself is very loose freely rotating around the center spindle. I've tried to shim it flush against the play field but it didn't help.

2) Groot's right target showed up in the service alerts. It's stuck closed in it's mounted position but does otherwise work if I pull it forward. I haven't pulled it out but it appears to be a tight fit with it mounted as far forward with the metal bracket wedged tightly against groot's mouth assembly behind it. The rear leaf is flush with the rubber. Not sure what to do except try to shimmy groot backwards. Anyone have this issue?

#1977 5 years ago

Hi - first time pin owner here, I've heard mixed reviews re: new Stern balls, also want some replacement balls anyway, given I'll only be owning one machine how many new balls should I aim for - I see the stern manual online stated to verify on the decal on the lockdown bar on similar ? Apologies for the newbie questions

was going to grab

Ninja Highly Polished Chrome Pin Ball 1 1/16
&/ or
Standard Carbon Pin Ball 1 1/16

I've read a bit about magnetisation and it sounds like the Carbon may be the way to go.

Looking forward to it's arrival !

Cheers

#1978 5 years ago

Hi guys wondering if anyone can tell me tje differences between the pro an premium versions, do they play much different from each other? Thanks in advance.

#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

The only issue I've had was the auto-launcher had a bad case of ED. It didn't have enough power to push the ball more than 3 inches up the shooter lane.
Contacted Stern support and they recommended replacing a node board. I made the request thru Trent and was back up and running in no time.

I had a recent issue with my auto launcher, it started acting this way, randomly, then consistently, where it would just kinda pop the ball 1-2 inches over and over.. Turned out one of the screws was just a bit loose on the launch mechanism. Lead to a lot of play in the mechanism, and it could get catch on / get caught behind a screw that holds the sensor for the ball in the trough. Tightened those up, been good since..

#1980 5 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys wondering if anyone can tell me tje differences between the pro an premium versions, do they play much different from each other? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes Pros and Premiums play very different, sometimes they are closer with mostly cosmetic changes.

GOTG Pro and Premium play almost identical. There are only two minor things that are different that affect the ball. The Premium has spinners, and three magnets instead of one. Everything else is cosmetic.

You'll want to decide if the cosmetic changes are worth it to you, as the gameplay differences are very minor. The coolest cosmetic changes for the Premium are all of the color changing inserts, and the color changing GI.

#1981 5 years ago

I can finally post here! Proud new owner of a GotG Premium machine.

Quoted from whisper:

I had played the Pro version a bunch before getting the Premium and can say they do play 99% the same (spinners make a small difference in antiques mode, and honestly I can't tell much of a difference between 1 or 3 magnets). As others have stated the difference is almost all cosmetic (groot arms, and lighting). I can say the attract mode / lighting during game play is spectacular on the premium model, but it's definitely a personal choice if that is worth it for you.

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Sometimes Pros and Premiums play very different, sometimes they are closer with mostly cosmetic changes.
GOTG Pro and Premium play almost identical. There are only two minor things that are different that affect the ball. The Premium has spinners, and three magnets instead of one. Everything else is cosmetic.
You'll want to decide if the cosmetic changes are worth it to you, as the gameplay differences are very minor. The coolest cosmetic changes for the Premium are all of the color changing inserts, and the color changing GI.

there is no color changing gi at the moment. also the aerosmith code hasn't it.

#1983 5 years ago

Anybody know why there’s a clear post on top of the rocket bumper?

#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Anybody know why there’s a clear post on top of the rocket bumper?

Might be a spot where balls got stuck when they tested the machine.

#1985 5 years ago

It’s really slowed down in this thread. My LE will finally be here on Tuesday. Vacation day from work is necessary Ended up grabbing the topper and baby Groot shooter knob to boot.

#1986 5 years ago

Found this aluminum spacer (that’s what I will call it) in the bottom of my cabinet.

(Metal spacer in bag is used as a reference to help show size of aluminum spacer).

Does anyone know where this goes on my game - I have LE version.

Thx

5B26E621-D082-4CB0-B76F-46870BCCD197 (resized).jpeg5B26E621-D082-4CB0-B76F-46870BCCD197 (resized).jpeg

D63C511D-F3DF-404E-A723-265963815218 (resized).jpegD63C511D-F3DF-404E-A723-265963815218 (resized).jpeg

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

It’s really slowed down in this thread. My LE will finally be here on Tuesday. Vacation day from work is necessary Ended up grabbing the topper and baby Groot shooter knob to boot.

This game is like Game of Thrones...just flying under the radar...yet, the owners of this game seem to be loving it.

I'm really happy that I bought an LE.

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

there is no color changing gi at the moment. also the aerosmith code hasn't it.

GOTG has full RGB lighting?? I thought the GI lighting on GOTG Prem/LE was just Red, white, Blue?

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This game is like Game of Thrones...just flying under the radar...yet, the owners of this game seem to be loving it.
I'm really happy that I bought an LE.

Like GOT, there is a lot of potential buyers sat watching/waiting on the code, I am one of those people! I really want to get a GOTG into my home but until the code is done that wont be happening, Stern certainly did the right thing by taking Lonnie off the code, GOTG is a completely different game after the 180 happened a couple of updates back, the Pro is a blast now on the most recent code.

Can anyone with a Prem or LE confirm the above quote? is the Red, White, Blue lighting been coded into the Prem and LEs yet? and how do the 3 magnets worked compared to the 1 magnet of the Pro? There is literally no Prem/LE footage out there on latest code.

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

GOTG has full RGB lighting?? I thought the GI lighting on GOTG Prem/LE was just Red, white, Blue?

Like GOT, there is a lot of potential buyers sat watching/waiting on the code, I am one of those people! I really want to get a GOTG into my home but until the code is done that wont be happening, Stern certainly did the right thing by taking Lonnie off the code, GOTG is a completely different game after the 180 happened a couple of updates back, the Pro is a blast now on the most recent code.
Can anyone with a Prem or LE confirm the above quote? is the Red, White, Blue lighting been coded into the Prem and LEs yet? and how do the 3 magnets worked compared to the 1 magnet of the Pro? There is literally no Prem/LE footage out there on latest code.

All the inserts (except for Star Lord's eyes) are color changers. I don't remember if the GI lighting has been coded yet for different modes. Next time I play it, I will get back to you on it.

I can't say how the 1 magnet works...but the 3 magnets works great on the LE.

Who exactly is coding the game now? Whoever they are, bravo is all I have to say.

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern certainly did the right thing by taking Lonnie off the code, GOTG is a completely different game after the 180 happened a couple of updates back, the Pro is a blast now on the most recent code.

Fact or speculation?

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Fact or speculation?

I think Lonnie is still coding, but not driving the ruleset.

#1992 5 years ago

can someone take a picture of this circuit board and the screw from both sides of the orb?

Thank you!!!!

49F47442-0CD7-4F26-A375-6D43314DD786 (resized).jpeg49F47442-0CD7-4F26-A375-6D43314DD786 (resized).jpeg

#1993 5 years ago

Stolen from the SW thread...I made my GOTG quiet for under $40, with no power supply mods. At medium speed, these fans pull 14CFM and are under 10dB. They pull enough air through the power supply that the PSU fan never turns on. The 12V/1A adaptor plugs into the aux AC outlet in the back box, so it doesn’t add any burden to the PSU.

https://www.quietpcusa.com/AcoustiFan-DustPROOF-Premium-Quality-Ultra-Quiet-Computer-Fan-70mm-AFDP-7025B-P63.aspx

https://www.amazon.com/Signcomplex-Supply-Transformer-Switching-Adapter/dp/B074HQ722Z/ref=sr_1_8

43F71191-ECFE-4D8D-9B1B-4A7EB6F700B3 (resized).jpeg43F71191-ECFE-4D8D-9B1B-4A7EB6F700B3 (resized).jpeg
AA67F4A3-3C26-48C3-94F9-0AA5AFAE0D0D (resized).jpegAA67F4A3-3C26-48C3-94F9-0AA5AFAE0D0D (resized).jpeg
5E0CBA41-29C3-4361-9B30-E5A6E011946D (resized).jpeg5E0CBA41-29C3-4361-9B30-E5A6E011946D (resized).jpeg
BE8EE27B-2C15-4407-BCA4-6F081F3D21B6 (resized).jpegBE8EE27B-2C15-4407-BCA4-6F081F3D21B6 (resized).jpeg
3F573C1F-AB76-499A-B394-4F88ACCE58FC (resized).jpeg3F573C1F-AB76-499A-B394-4F88ACCE58FC (resized).jpeg

#1994 5 years ago

Fuuuudge I really want to buy this game!

Stern, hurry up & finish your backlog!

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hahaha, I'm waiting on the same. Last update I got was around the end of the month or start of June.

#1996 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hahaha, I'm waiting on the same. Last update I got was around the end of the month or start of June.

If you guys are looking for new GOTG, call Larry at Flip N Out Pinball I think he has some ready to ship. Tell him Zach sent you

#1997 5 years ago

Accidental post, disregard fellas

#1998 5 years ago

I did a quick search and didn't see much. But....

Is there any way to hook the moving orb to the Pro and have it function and/or is anyone working on a mod like that?

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

All the inserts (except for Star Lord's eyes) are color changers. I don't remember if the GI lighting has been coded yet for different modes. Next time I play it, I will get back to you on it.

Thanks Trekkie, look forward to hearing back from you regarding this, I’m getting a sore butt sitting on this fence just need Stern to give me a little nudge with more code progress.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can't say how the 1 magnet works...but the 3 magnets works great on the LE.

You must have seen some of the Pro streams, if not can you describe what the 3 magnets do/what effect they have on the ball/s?

I’ve watched a lot of Pro streams and the single magnet seems to simply catch the ball as it comes out of the orb and then just releases it, haven’t seen the single magnet doing much else.

#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Trekkie, look forward to hearing back from you regarding this, I’m getting a sore butt sitting on this fence just need Stern to give me a little nudge with more code progress.

You must have seen some of the Pro streams, if not can you describe what the 3 magnets do/what effect they have on the ball/s?
I’ve watched a lot of Pro streams and the single magnet seems to simply catch the ball as it comes out of the orb and then just releases it, haven’t seen the single magnet doing much else.

The single magnet also affects the balls during Orb Multi-Ball. Not hard shot from your flipper, but can affect how they roll.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 28.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/40?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.