IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 171.
#1801 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Weird as mine has definitely not changed. Maybe try a factory reset (even though that is essentially done when loading new code)?

I'll try that tonight.

#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Does Groot do the whole “I am Groot”during MB yet
I thought I seen it on an early Stern preview video for GOTG

Not that I saw.

Must be saving it for 1.0

#1803 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Confirmed again this morning, the magnet isn't activating when it drops out of the Orb. No hard grab, no soft push. It did do a hard grab during Groot multi-ball. It also is active during the Orb Multi-Ball, but not when the ball is dropped out of the Orb lock.
This change coincided with the code update. It has definitely changed how the magnet is working on my Pro.

I am in agreement Sinestro- a lot softer of the magnet for the last few updates. The ball used to grab hard every time with a nice tight swirl. Now maybe the first time out of the orb, but mostly a random push.

I am still happy with the game and its progression. I am guilty of saving up quite a few HE buttons.I had a game this week where I used it in II and , had all 6 balls in play and got 917 million in Immolation. It looks like you can make adjustments for the cap on the Hadron.

#1804 5 years ago

can we talk about the utter lack of a naming convention. lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1805 5 years ago

So happy this code is coming together. Been waiting for a couple of weeks to get mine to ship. Hopefully next week.

#1806 5 years ago

our pro is grabbing ball more when exiting orb on .95

#1807 5 years ago

The lighting in this pin in a dark room is fantastic.

#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The lighting in this pin in a dark room is fantastic.

You should see it with Pin Stadium lights with UV Glow installed.

#1809 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I suspect we will never see this unless they change the rules for Groot MB significantly because as it is hitting him once opens his mouth, hitting that locks a ball and starts 2x jackpot for 30 seconds (if you put two in it spits them both out), repeat those steps and it's 3X for 30 seconds. If he does the whole "I am Groot" movement how does it reconcile shots into the mouth during that? I don't believe they can (reliably) control how many balls it shoots out, it is all or nothing though sometimes one does not get ejected with the rest when there are more than two.

#1810 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

You should see it with Pin Stadium lights with UV Glow installed.

Can anyone post a vid?

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I suspect we will never see this unless they change the rules for Groot MB significantly because as it is hitting him once opens his mouth, hitting that locks a ball and starts 2x jackpot for 30 seconds (if you put two in it spits them both out), repeat those steps and it's 3X for 30 seconds. If he does the whole "I am Groot" movement how does it reconcile shots into the mouth during that? I don't believe they can (reliably) control how many balls it shoots out, it is all or nothing though sometimes one does not get ejected with the rest when there are more than two.

Is there not ever a time where balls are locked and prior to them going into Groot to begin MB (with the balls locked in Groot) they could add the “I am Groot” choreography??

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there not ever a time where balls are locked and prior to them going into Groot to begin MB (with the balls locked in Groot) they could add the “I am Groot” choreography??

Yeah, they could replace the big jail battle lead-in that now runs (too long IMO) and have it do it then, maybe with the balls shooting out when he's yelling GRRROOOOOTTTTT! I like that idea actually.

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, they could replace the big jail battle lead-in that now runs (too long IMO) and have it do it then, maybe with the balls shooting out when he's yelling GRRROOOOOTTTTT! I like that idea actually.

That would be great!!

Also isn’t there some programming for he super jackpot that has groots mouth opening and closing? That could easily be choreographed to open and close with an I AM GROOT!!! would be a great way of letting the player know that the SJP shot is ready to collect/shoot for.

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That would appear to be what was being shown in Stern's video. Groot mech mouths "I am Groot", then ejects the balls for multi-ball.

Simple.

#1816 5 years ago

Well, I can tell you the Topper is finally integrated and compliments the modes nicely! Now to get onto the sound and music changes

#1817 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, I can tell you the Topper is finally integrated and compliments the modes nicely! Now to get onto the sound and music changes

Any chance of a vid Cleland?

#1818 5 years ago

Yup, will shoot some later today when I can get the wifey to video while I play a game. I know you're across the pond but within the next 24 hours I'll post a youtube link.

#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yup, will shoot some later today when I can get the wifey to video while I play a game. I know you're across the pond but within the next 24 hours I'll post a youtube link.

Awesome man thank you, I have never been so on the fence with a game like GOTG I keep going to pull the trigger on one and then back out before making the call.

Who has taken over programming now? I keep seeing posts from people saying someone has taken over on GOTG since the rules did a complete 180!?

#1820 5 years ago

The best update this game has had was the latest cleland one. I refuse to update the main code before it has been sprinkled with cleland goodness

The new guys at Stern has really done wonders to the code. I refuse to think that Loonie has had anything to do with it.

Lonnie must be congratulated though. He has not said no to letting the new blood take a crack at making the rules better. And better it has become.

From just another Kiss and Aerosmith, to something that is slowly becoming something special.

Kiss and Aerosmith did not have a long life in my collection, but this one is staying for a long time.

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The best update this game has had was the latest cleland one. I refuse to update the main code before it has been sprinkled with cleland goodness.

Agree!

#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Kevin , when you do, is is possible to do a version without music while the ball/game is in mode selection or resting in the shooter lane ?

#1824 5 years ago

I ordered an LE today and it was delivered this afternoon. I unpacked it, put a playfield protector on and demirrored glass and just finished my first game on it. I must say I was very hesitant to buy this game, but what a surprise, this game is GREAT !

#1825 5 years ago

Hmm, a lot of speculation here about who’s doing what at Stern. I don’t think any of us know. Let’s just be glad that the game has become what it is now, instead of smearing someone who worked on it.

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome man thank you, I have never been so on the fence with a game like GOTG I keep going to pull the trigger on one and then back out before making the call.
Who has taken over programming now? I keep seeing posts from people saying someone has taken over on GOTG since the rules did a complete 180!?

I assume that Lonnie still has final say and is the actual coder, the guy that was at TPF previewing the code (I am terrible at remembering names but it's on more than one post somewhere) said he is "helping re-write the rules", he never said he was no the programmer on the game.

#1827 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I played a few games tonight on the new code. It just keeps getting better. Regarding the magnet after the ball comes out of the orb...I didn't notice a difference. It's very random. Sometimes it grabs the ball hard, spins a few circles and then goes in a random direction. Other times it just pushes it into the Guardians standup. Rarely it will take an even less bump and head right for the left outlane. All of those were happening on my game in .90.
The biggest non code difference I noticed was the Rocket kick-back. Not once did it SDTM. Every time it hit the right flipper and stayed in play. That was amazing. I don't know if they softened it, made it stronger or did nothing. But the difference was very welcomed. I'll have to wait and see if it stays that way.
Scoring has been changed drastically. A bad game was still a bad game. But now a good game was incredible. I topped out at 680M. 500M of that came from Cherry Bomb MB. Level 2 modes now run concurrently with new modes that are started. This makes them much easier to complete. The largest point value I saw was completing Yaka 2. Completing it awarded 30M.
Orb starting jackpot looks to be reduced from 3M to 2M. That and the Hadron limit really changes this. The Hadron limit also adds a new level of strategy. I really liked being able to hold 6 or more and blast thru modes or collect jackpots in .90. That ship has sailed now.
I'm waiting to see someone post a vid of the topper interaction. I don't have one, but that might change depending on how cool that looks.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Much appreciated!

#1828 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Confirmed again this morning, the magnet isn't activating when it drops out of the Orb. No hard grab, no soft push. It did do a hard grab during Groot multi-ball. It also is active during the Orb Multi-Ball, but not when the ball is dropped out of the Orb lock.
This change coincided with the code update. It has definitely changed how the magnet is working on my Pro.

We put our new code in. Our magnet is activating when the ball drops out of the Orb, same as V.090. As another pinsider mentioned, try a factory reset. We have had screwy stuff like this happen to us before and a factory reset sorted it out.
Good Luck!

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Kevin , when you do, is is possible to do a version without music while the ball/game is in mode selection or resting in the shooter lane ?

Sure, I gather you want just the stock music with only the sound call outs replaced?

#1830 5 years ago

Love this little mod. Tucked away like an Easter egg.

He’s a “NECA scaler”, just 9 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY4K9LX

4CF15577-AFBE-41AE-9D2D-A6F2E3CA6A5B (resized).jpeg4CF15577-AFBE-41AE-9D2D-A6F2E3CA6A5B (resized).jpeg

#1831 5 years ago

Uleks installed and ready for tomorrow’s party. I like them!

F64AA0E3-CD22-4004-8EC7-B42C86F640F6 (resized).jpegF64AA0E3-CD22-4004-8EC7-B42C86F640F6 (resized).jpeg

8400A534-E4E5-4DAF-BF13-52A6B658CAF6 (resized).jpeg8400A534-E4E5-4DAF-BF13-52A6B658CAF6 (resized).jpeg

#1832 5 years ago

I downloaded the 0.95 file this morning.
Copied the two files to USB- same as always, took a while to download to USB

Just loaded onto my LE.. the update took about a minute.. that’s my concern!

The other updates took at least 5-7 minutes.
Is this update just small amount of code? Or did the game miss something? Power cycled the game and boots with 0.95 showing.

#1833 5 years ago

If you disable fast boot in settings, it’ll verify the image.

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is this update just small amount of code? Or did the game miss something? Power cycled the game and boots with 0.95 showing.

Did you choose full or partial update when you installed it? I don't really know anything about updates to Spike games and just got my only one recently, the instructions in the readme for the code release don't specify which one you should use. I picked full update and it took at least 5 minutes, probably closer to 10 if I had to guess but if yours shows .95 then it sounds like it worked and maybe only a partial was required??

#1835 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You are the reason I bought my GOTGLE Last week. (Again for the second time) Now with the new code installed I can't enjoy the game the cleland way. Please keep up the hard work. You are a huge asset to the pinball community.

A certain manufacturer should be sending you commission checks for all of the guardians and walking dead sales resulting from your hard work.

#1836 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Same with my update. I was shocked how fast it completed. Guessing it only updated the newer stuff.....booted fine to 0.95.

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sure, I gather you want just the stock music with only the sound call outs replaced?

+1

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Uleks installed and ready for tomorrow’s party. I like them!

I have all of them installed in mine now as well. They look great!

#1839 5 years ago

Yeah, .95 updated super fast. I noticed that too.

#1840 5 years ago

Got my plastic protectors and cliffys ordered. Now just to wait for a game.

#1841 5 years ago

OK, so an update on my magnet situation. I did a factory reset, no change. I did a full re-install of the software with verify on. Everything went smooth, but no change.

So I took the glass off and started playing with the orb lock manually. I noticed that the magnet is still coming on, it's just coming on about a half second late. Not even enough to effect the ball even slightly, just late enough for a clear miss. If I hold my hand over the Magna-Force light (which is below the actual magnet) the ball will drop out of the orb, hit my hand and the magnet catches it like normal.

I wonder if the timing changed with .95, and it's only affecting certain machines (I realize no two are exactly the same).

I think I'll hit Cleland up for a .90 image, and see if it works again under .90.

#1842 5 years ago

Hello all, new here! Been following this thread for a while now and tried really hard not to buy, but with everyone raving about the new code lately I bit the bullet and grabbed an LE. Since it will be a couple weeks till it’s delivered, and that it’s my first and will be my only pin, I would like to grab all the mods for it that are needed now. I understand that the ULEK protectors won’t work on the LE? So now I’m planning on Ronan’s Hammer, Do not use Gantry sign, but other then that I know nothing about protecting the playfield or anything else. If anyone has some advice, I’d appreciate it so I can get some stuff on order. I’d like to get the topper now too since they made use of it finally. I’d like to get the Cleland sound mod, but I don’t completely understand if I can add it on top of the .95 code or not. Anyways, glad to be here and I’ll try to keep updating here as I get things in place. Very excited to get my own pin finally!

#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

If anyone has some advice

My advice is to put as few mods as possible.
Sometimes you can correct something with lighting if an area is too dark.
Sometimes you might correct something if it doesnt work quite right or add some protection to a part that breaks a lot.
Maybe add some mylar to a wear area?

But really, less is truly more in pinball.

JMHO...

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Hello all, new here! Been following this thread for a while now and tried really hard not to buy, but with everyone raving about the new code lately I bit the bullet and grabbed an LE. Since it will be a couple weeks till it’s delivered, and that it’s my first and will be my only pin, I would like to grab all the mods for it that are needed now. I understand that the ULEK protectors won’t work on the LE? So now I’m planning on Ronan’s Hammer, Do not use Gantry sign, but other then that I know nothing about protecting the playfield or anything else. If anyone has some advice, I’d appreciate it so I can get some stuff on order. I’d like to get the topper now too since they made use of it finally. I’d like to get the Cleland sound mod, but I don’t completely understand if I can add it on top of the .95 code or not. Anyways, glad to be here and I’ll try to keep updating here as I get things in place. Very excited to get my own pin finally!

Plastic protectors (I believe there is a set specifically for the LE) and some mylar for the shooter lane are the most important IMO. You'll have to wait for cleland to release a .95 version of his must-have code for this game but it's still a blast on stock code. Not a mod but I suggest changing the settings to require starting a mode at the scoop, makes it more challenging and entertaining IMO.

#1845 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Get the cliffy protector for the shooter lane.

#1846 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I just don't understand how this is not in the code yet especially since it was clearly already developed since we've seen it in promotional videos. Is it possible they found a technical problem (a ball getting stuck with his mouth open or something?) that they decided to just pull it from the game for good? I hope not because I think it's definitely a nice touch.

#1847 5 years ago

And do you know where I would find the plastic protectors for the LE? I didn’t see it on ULEK site? Also I can’t find the cliffy shooter lane protector on his site either.

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

And do you know where I would find the plastic protectors for the LE? I didn’t see it on ULEK site? Also I can’t find the cliffy shooter lane protector on his site either.

Lots of cool GOTG stuff here at the Ulekstore:

http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2016.htm

Contact Cliff for any needs or concerns:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

click on the contact info button or email him:

[email protected] from cliffy's webpage

(google is truly your friend)

#1849 5 years ago

Repetitive comment but this game has really took a huge upswing. I am Very pleased with the progress in this game.

#1850 5 years ago

Updated to .95 this morning. Nice upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 25.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 22.50
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.