IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 171.
#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a GotG. What are the things I need to know/do on day 1 if I go through with it? Going to put up stargate for sale this weekend.

Get the cliffy shooter lane protectors on from day 1.

#1752 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the cliffy shooter lane protectors on from day 1.

Where do you find those? I don't see them on his site or is it just the standard stern shooter lane one?

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Success! Bent the loop guide just slightly, and the ball drops perfectly now! Very, very happy!
Celebrated by having my best game yet by far, with reaching Cherry Bomb for the first time to top it off!
Love this game!!

Can someone make a video of doing this?

#1754 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a GotG. What are the things I need to know/do on day 1 if I go through with it? Going to put up stargate for sale this weekend.

I bought a Pro very lightly used because it was a good price and I wanted something new in the lineup, I wasn't really "sold" on the game at all. Since then the new code and especially cleland 's sound package have transformed it and I think it's an absolute blast. You can play fast and furious and just go for MBs (Orb is still too points heavy IMO) or play more in control and go for mode completion / Cherry Bomb MB / Wizard mode and both are very enjoyable, it has really, really grown on me and not just because it's in my house. I would recommend three things; increase the slope to at least 7 degrees, change the setting so you have to start modes at the scoop, not at the start of a ball and definitely install the ROM from cleland so you have actual clips from the movie and not just the voice actors (some of which are actually pretty well done). Oh, and install the plastic protector set and a bit of mylar in the shooter lane to protect the clear from chipping.

#1755 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I bought a Pro very lightly used because it was a good price and I wanted something new in the lineup, I wasn't really "sold" on the game at all. Since then the new code and especially cleland 's sound package have transformed it and I think it's an absolute blast. You can play fast and furious and just go for MBs (Orb is still too points heavy IMO) or play more in control and go for mode completion / Cherry Bomb MB / Wizard mode and both are very enjoyable, it has really, really grown on me and not just because it's in my house. I would recommend three things; increase the slope to at least 7 degrees, change the setting so you have to start modes at the scoop, not at the start of a ball and definitely install the ROM from cleland so you have actual clips from the movie and not just the voice actors (some of which are actually pretty well done). Oh, and install the plastic protector set and a bit of mylar in the shooter lane to protect the clear from chipping.

Thanks for the info!! Which plastic protector set?

#1756 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Where do you find those? I don't see them on his site or is it just the standard stern shooter lane one?

Send him a direct email. He does not have on his site yet.

#1757 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Success! Bent the loop guide just slightly, and the ball drops perfectly now! Very, very happy!
Celebrated by having my best game yet by far, with reaching Cherry Bomb for the first time to top it off!

Glad it worked out. CBMB is sweet! A great and much needed addition to this game.

#1758 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thanks for the info!! Which plastic protector set?

Pinball Life has them.

#1759 5 years ago

Yeah, get the ULEK plastic protectors. They are great and bring a cool halo to all the main plastic pieces.

http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2016.htm

My game came with a metal protector around the scoop. Stern must have added that at some time.

I also got Cliffy's shooter lane protectors.

#1760 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Can someone make a video of doing this?

Just get some pliers, and grab hold of the end of the flat, steel ball guide that forms the outside of the right orbit. Bend it out about 1mm and test. You won't see it move. It's sturdy. If it's still hitting the sling, try again another 1mm.

When I say 1mm, I mean just a small amount, I didn't really measure it.

#1761 5 years ago

thinking about trading or selling my walking dead pro to get guardians, batman 66 or houdini. anyone has a few of those and have any thoughts on which is best? it's odd, i really don't like the gotg movies, but the game is pretty cool.

#1762 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

thinking about trading or selling my walking dead pro to get guardians, batman 66 or houdini. anyone has a few of those and have any thoughts on which is best? it's odd, i really don't like the gotg movies, but the game is pretty cool.

Just sold Safecracker and BBB to bring in some new games. I picked up TWD Prem as planned but GOTG Pro was my unexpected pick at TPF. It beat out a planned Dialed In purchase and I’m very happy. Stern should really thank Cleland. He’s the reason I bought them both. Custom sound and music is a big part of my enjoyment of a game.

#1763 5 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I have guardians and Batman.

Go with Batman. Lyman is making that game special. That’s not any knock on guardians. I love guardians too. It’s a blast to play.

#1764 5 years ago

I picked up GOTG Pro and Houdini within a month of so, they play so differently it's hard to contrast them. I really like them both and would be hard pressed to pick one over the other, GOTG has the price advantage (on the Pro at least) but Houdini feels like it's built better and the playfield clear looks way better. If you don't like the GOTG movies I'd suggest Houdini but unless you find someone selling theirs or their spot in line you'll be waiting for a while, don't really care for BM66 especially at those prices.

#1765 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Just sold Safecracker and BBB to bring in some new games. I picked up TWD Prem as planned but GOTG Pro was my unexpected pick at TPF. It beat out a planned Dialed In purchase and I’m very happy. Stern should really thank Cleland. He’s the reason I bought them both. Custom sound and music is a big part of my enjoyment of a game.

Iron Maiden

take a look at the dead flip vid

#1766 5 years ago

We finally got our Groot hands mod done for the pro. If you are on the waiting list, we will contact you. We will have some at Allentown, and they will be available for sale after that. Also should have are lighted magnetic hinges cover ready soon.

0423181601c (resized).jpg0423181601c (resized).jpg

0423181601a (resized).jpg0423181601a (resized).jpg

0309181558_resized (resized).jpg0309181558_resized (resized).jpg

#1767 5 years ago

Update!!!

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2018 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Installation notice:
The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains two files.
Open the folder, copy the two files to the root level of a USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

PRO V0.95 - April 26, 2018
=====================

- Fixed an issue where mystery would award Orb lit when it was already lit.
- Optimized Trinket award display effects that are used during the Antiquities Shop mode.
- Added new pop bumper display f/x to Yaka Arrow 2.
- Fixed a bug where mode select was not showing the correct amount of time for a mode.
- Now the top lane skill shot lamp will be aligned with a top lane Escape Kyln lamp
(if Escape Kyln is Active) making it easier to collect both awards at once.
- Optimized mode display effect artwork load times.
- Fixed a scoring bug in Antiquities Shop.
- The first session of Quill's Quest is a 2 ball multiball. If both balls drain before the mode
is completed the next ball will make mode select available instead of putting the game back into Quill's Quest.
- Modified score positions for alternate mode 2 award display effects that appear and co-exist with
primary mode/multiball award display effects.
- Now the Sibling Rivalry 2 start display effect is aborted if the Sibling Rivalry 2 award is collected before
the Sibling Rivalry 2 start display effect has had an opportunity to run. This also holds true for
Yaka Arrow 2 and Quill's Quest 2 start display effects.
- Increased Groot Multiball base jackpot scores.
- Decreased Orb Multiball base HurryUp scores.
- Fixed a bug where mode start display effects could cause the game, over time, to reset.
- Fixed an animation bug with the Knowhere 2 artwork.
- Added rules to Groot to compensate for a disabled Groot Motor, i.e. hit Groot to simulate a Groot ball lock event.
- Fixed an issue where the Yaka Arrow 2 pops were not showing the correct display effect while other modes were running.
- Fixed a bug on Yaka Arrow 2 pops where the first pop hit was not showing any display information.
- Optimized Pod Chase 2 display effects.
- Added layered display effects for Yaka Arrow 2 and Sibling Rivalry 2.
- Fixed an issue where the pop bumpers rule wouldn't display any information on 1 pop hit.
- Now mode select is available following the Cherry Bomb Multiball completion/ball draining sequence.
- Fixed a bug where mode select was started prematurely upon shooting the right scoop to collect the last shot of a mode award.
- Fixed Quill's Quest 2 display effect criteria of which award should be shown.
- Added a Quill's Quest 2 award lightshow.
- Fixed a bug where collecting the final Quill's Quest award at the right scoop would start/collect/finish Quill's Quest 2.
- Added a Hadron Enforcer Limit adjustment, default= 3. This limits the number of Hadron Enforcer 'shots' you can have in reserve.
- Added new artwork/sound fx to Quill's Quest 2.
- Fixed a bug where, upon locking a ball in Groot's mouth, the new ball auto launched into play could start a super skill shot event.
- Added a layered display effect award to Quill's Quest 2.
- Added flipper blowoff to Yaka Arrow 2 mode start display effect.
- Added new artwork for Knowhere 2 display effect awards.
- Added enhancements to the Sanctuary 2 award display effect.
- Added sound f/x to Knowhere, Knowhere 2 & Pod Chase 2.
- Modified mode 2 award display effects and logic to co-exist with primary/secondary/multiball award display effects.
- Optimized Save Xandar to use less display processes.
- Modified mode 2 alternate awards to be positioned lower on the display.
- The Hadron Enforcer is no longer available to collect the final shot during Immolation Initiative.
- Fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the Super Jackpot during Save Xandar.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the game during Save Xandar.
- Added sound fx/speech to Save Xandar.
- Optimized Cherry Bomb Multiball display effect processes as they were contributing to balls being
held in the right scoop during Cherry Bomb Multiball.
- Yaka Arrow 2, Pod Chase 2, Escape Kyln 2, Knowhere 2 & Sanctuary 2 award display effects were being cut short/off
by the their associated total screen upon mode completion. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the first jackpot during Orb Multiball.
- Added speech (last ball) and sound effects to outlanes.
- Added stacking to secondary mode award display effects.
- The Sibling Rivalry 2 background display effect was displaying the wrong score award total, this has been fixed.
- Optimized the Sibling Rivalry 2 award display effect.
- Quill's Quest 2 was starting to count down too soon, this has been fixed.
- Added logic for Quill's Quest Hurryup starting value's last digit to be zero.
- Added rules for Quill's Quest 2, a HurryUp centric rule. Shot the right scoop to collect a HurryUp award that
starts at 10% of your score.
- Optimized Pod Chase 2 background lamp effect.
- Added functionality to allow layered "mode 2" awards to finish displaying before showing their associated total screen.
- Changed rules for Yaka Arrow 2, i.e. a super pop bumper centric rule. There are 50 Yaka Arrow Pop Awards.
Collect 1 at a time for each pop bumper hit, or, collect all of them at once by shooting the Yondu Lane/Target.
- Added rules for Sibling Rivalry 2, a Gamora right ramp centric rule. Shot the right ramp to collect all of the points
earned during Sibling Rivalry.
- Now Secondary modes, i.e. Yaka Arrow 2, Sanctuary 2, etc.. persist until the end of the ball or until all of their
associated points have been collected. Starting a new mode at the right scoop no longer stops Secondary modes.
- Fixed a bug where the Drax shot during upgraded Knowhere was not scoring correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Yondu shot during upgraded Yaka Arrow was not scoring correctly.
- Added "flash lamp" style lamp effects to mode awards.
- Added topper effects to mode awards.
- fixed a bug where the Broker shot during upgraded Antiquities Shop was not scoring correctly.
- Added a new guardians target bank "letter collected" topper effect.
- Added a topper lightshow for completing Guardian targets.
- Added a topper switch hit effect.
- Added topper light effects.
- Added a main play background topper light effect (which illuminates the topper based upon the mode/multiball that is active).
- Added topper effects that occur during playfield "flasher" events.
- Optimized how layered display effects are killed prior to being replaced with a new layered display effect.
- Increased the size of the current player's score to make it easier to read.
- Fixed an issue where queued up mode awards would cause award light shows to play improperly.
This also occasionally allowed stacked awards to show on top of one another.

- Improved LED refresh rate and blink consistency.
- Improved reporting of shorted General Illumination bulbs and sockets.

#1768 5 years ago

Another huge update!! Here are the key changes from my perspective (in order of importance to me):

*** Normal Gameplay
- Added a Hadron Enforcer Limit adjustment, default= 3. This limits the number of Hadron Enforcer 'shots' you can have in reserve.
- Fixed a bug where the Hadron Enforcer was allowed to collect the first jackpot during Orb Multiball.
- The first session of Quill's Quest is a 2 ball multiball. If both balls drain before the mode is completed the next ball will make mode select available instead of putting the game back into Quill's Quest.

*** Super (Secondary) Modes
- Now Secondary modes, i.e. Yaka Arrow 2, Sanctuary 2, etc.. persist until the end of the ball or until all of their associated points have been collected. Starting a new mode at the right scoop no longer stops Secondary modes. (!!!!)
- Added rules for Quill's Quest 2, a HurryUp centric rule. Shot the right scoop to collect a HurryUp award that starts at 10% of your score. (!!!)
- Changed rules for Yaka Arrow 2, i.e. a super pop bumper centric rule. There are 50 Yaka Arrow Pop Awards. Collect 1 at a time for each pop bumper hit, or, collect all of them at once by shooting the Yondu Lane/Target.
- Added rules for Sibling Rivalry 2, a Gamora right ramp centric rule. Shot the right ramp to collect all of the points earned during Sibling Rivalry. (!!)

*** Wizard Modes
- Now mode select is available following the Cherry Bomb Multiball completion/ball draining sequence.
- The Hadron Enforcer is no longer available to collect the final shot during Immolation Initiative.

Also lots of new bug fixes and topper code. Well done Stern!

#1769 5 years ago

Topper effects in this update !!!! Sweet !!

#1770 5 years ago

Well done Lonnie, well done.

I say this as someone who is not a Lonnie supporter.

IMO, this will be his best coded game ever. I must say, the code is really bringing the playfield to life. I have a blast playing it.

I'm very happy with my LE purchase.

#1771 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Another huge update!! Here are the key changes from my perspective (in order of importance to me):
*** Normal Gameplay
- The first session of Quill's Quest is a 2 ball multiball. If both balls drain before the mode is completed the next ball will make mode select available instead of putting the game back into Quill's Quest.
*** Super (Secondary) Modes
- Now Secondary modes, i.e. Yaka Arrow 2, Sanctuary 2, etc.. persist until the end of the ball or until all of their associated points have been collected. Starting a new mode at the right scoop no longer stops Secondary modes. (!!!!)
- Added rules for Quill's Quest 2, a HurryUp centric rule. Shot the right scoop to collect a HurryUp award that starts at 10% of your score. (!!!)
- Changed rules for Yaka Arrow 2, i.e. a super pop bumper centric rule. There are 50 Yaka Arrow Pop Awards. Collect 1 at a time for each pop bumper hit, or, collect all of them at once by shooting the Yondu Lane/Target.
- Added rules for Sibling Rivalry 2, a Gamora right ramp centric rule. Shot the right ramp to collect all of the points earned during Sibling Rivalry. (!!)
*** Wizard Modes
Also lots of new bug fixes and topper code. Well done Stern!

Thanks for taking the time to post that. we are downloading the new code now!

#1772 5 years ago

The "Hadron Enforcer Limit" is going to be controversial. If you leave it at the new default, you'll need to be mindful of when you're about to get another 3 HEs, and use them up before you get the next batch. This adds more complexity and interest to gameplay. I've been guilty of hoarding HEs for multiballs. I need to break that habit.

#1773 5 years ago

curious to hear about the topper and what it does now as i kinda of want one.

#1774 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The "Hadron Enforcer Limit" is going to be controversial. If you leave it at the new default, you'll need to be mindful of when you're about to get another 3 HEs, and use them up before you get the next batch. This adds more complexity and interest to gameplay. I've been guilty of hoarding HEs for multiballs. I need to break that habit.

Me too. I hoard the HEs as I need them to complete some of the harder modes. We have really been into our LE since the last code update.

Hopefully AS will get some of the same treatment soon.

#1775 5 years ago

I'm ass-u-ming that the developer(s) who brought all this goodness to GOTG will move to AS next.

#1776 5 years ago

that would be great if they updated AS. i'm not sure what the update did a month ago.

#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Well done Lonnie, well done.
I say this as someone who is not a Lonnie supporter.
IMO, this will be his best coded game ever. I must say, the code is really bringing the playfield to life. I have a blast playing it.
I'm very happy with my LE purchase.

They are certainly giving Lonnie more time than usual. Also, I think one of the new guys has taken over the rules, which explains the shift in .90. I believe Lonnie is still the head coder, just perhaps not the main rules guy anymore on this game.

#1778 5 years ago

So, put quite a few games on it with the new code.

Anyone else notice the magnet isn't grabbing the ball when being released out of the Orb? It's still very active during the Orb Multi-Ball, but it's not grabbing it upon release anymore.

#1779 5 years ago

I thought another programmer was driving the redo.

#1780 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Anyone else notice the magnet isn't grabbing the ball when being released out of the Orb? It's still very active during the Orb Multi-Ball, but it's not grabbing it upon release anymore.

I think Stern was getting a lot of complaints about that, cheap drains. I personally like it and I am hoping there is a setting to turn this feature on and off. Have you noticed much difference with the new code?

#1781 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think Stern was getting a lot of complaints about that, cheap drains. I personally like it and I am hoping there is a setting to turn this feature on and off. Have you noticed much difference with the new code?

I would get a cheap drain once in a while, but 80% of the time it was just fine. Seems like they could have corrected the cheap drains with better coding of the magnet. I hope they bring it back.

There are more animations with the new code. Level 2 keeps going after you select a new mode.

Lots of changes, but that's what stood out.

#1782 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I would get a cheap drain once in a while, but 80% of the time it was just fine. Seems like they could have corrected the cheap drains with better coding of the magnet. I hope they bring it back.
There are more animations with the new code. Level 2 keeps going after you select a new mode.
Lots of changes, but that's what stood out.

Thanks! Sounds awesome. I am looking forward to updating and trying it out later tonight.

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Not on my Pro, magnet action seems about the same and I even got a SDTM out of it (I probably could have saved by nudging but I didn't) earlier on just a few games played.

For the rules changes so far, not being able to use a Hadron to set your Orb MB Jackpot if you miss it with the first shot is a big difference, not sure if I like it or not yet. Orb MB definitely seems to be lower scoring now which is appropriate but being used to huge points from it I'll have to adjust. I do like that the 2nd level of completed modes continue until you drain or complete then, nice addition!

One potential bug I noticed - I have the mode select timer turned off but I hit the scoop with it lit and thought I had time to grab a quick drink, instead it shot the ball out while I was across the room.

#1784 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you noticed much difference with the new code?

I played a few games tonight on the new code. It just keeps getting better. Regarding the magnet after the ball comes out of the orb...I didn't notice a difference. It's very random. Sometimes it grabs the ball hard, spins a few circles and then goes in a random direction. Other times it just pushes it into the Guardians standup. Rarely it will take an even less bump and head right for the left outlane. All of those were happening on my game in .90.

The biggest non code difference I noticed was the Rocket kick-back. Not once did it SDTM. Every time it hit the right flipper and stayed in play. That was amazing. I don't know if they softened it, made it stronger or did nothing. But the difference was very welcomed. I'll have to wait and see if it stays that way.

Scoring has been changed drastically. A bad game was still a bad game. But now a good game was incredible. I topped out at 680M. 500M of that came from Cherry Bomb MB. Level 2 modes now run concurrently with new modes that are started. This makes them much easier to complete. The largest point value I saw was completing Yaka 2. Completing it awarded 30M.

Orb starting jackpot looks to be reduced from 3M to 2M. That and the Hadron limit really changes this. The Hadron limit also adds a new level of strategy. I really liked being able to hold 6 or more and blast thru modes or collect jackpots in .90. That ship has sailed now.

I'm waiting to see someone post a vid of the topper interaction. I don't have one, but that might change depending on how cool that looks.

#1785 5 years ago

New code in a nutshell: Groot buffed, 2nd level Modes buffed, Orb nerfed, Hadreon nerfed.

There were no 2nd level modes for Sibling Rivalry and Quill's Quest previously. Though they're just one shot to complete.

Orb base starting at 2 mill, not being able to lock it in with a Hadreon and the 3 Hadreon cap is the biggest game changer from a scoring perspective.

Overall much more balance towards finishing modes which is good in my opinion.

#1786 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm ass-u-ming that the developer(s) who brought all this goodness to GOTG will move to AS next.

and after AS, it will be... KISS (oups)

#1787 5 years ago

Quills Quest level 2 being a hurry-up which is a percentage of your score, means it HAS to be the last mode played now to maximise the score.

#1788 5 years ago

I decided to go through with it and make GotG my first NIB. Got on the list with cointaker for the next run since they are sold out.

Can't wait!

#1789 5 years ago

GOTG is getting the royal treatment. I have to say the game is turning into a great game. It has lots to offer!

Nice job stern .. 0.95 keep it going!!

#1790 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I decided to go through with it and make GotG my first NIB. Got on the list with cointaker for the next run since they are sold out.
Can't wait!

Congrats on your first NIB game. GOTG is a great now with the revamped code and its one of the best looking games thats ever been made imo. Did you go pro or Premium?

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can't wait!

I second that. I’ve been very happy with the game.

#1792 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats on your first NIB game. GOTG is a great now with the revamped code and its one of the best looking games thats ever been made imo. Did you go pro or Premium?

I went pro. Mainly because it's already a lot of cash.

CT said it will at least be a few weeks, so I'm patiently waiting. Gotta get off my ass and post stargate for sale.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pro and premium both are great games. The only thing that i recomed you do is take out the plastic post behind Sparky and put a metal post in because you get all kinds of left orbit rejecta with the plastic post that stern puts in from the factory.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread/page/46#post-2277072
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=A-17986

Thanks for the heads up! I am about to put in an order with pinball life too, so I added this.

Thanks!!

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Thanks for the heads up! I am about to put in an order with pinball life too, so I added this.
Thanks!!

Wolf disregard my last post. I was thinking you got a MET. I have no idea how i got that mixed up.....geeeeze. You dont need that post for GOTG lol.

#1796 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wolf disregard my last post. I was thinking you got a MET. I have no idea how i got that mixed up.....geeeeze. You dont need that post for GOTG lol.

ROFL, no worries, I haven't placed the order yet.

I was wondering if you meant Groot when you said Sparky.

#1797 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

ROFL, no worries, I haven't placed the order yet.
I was wondering if you meant Groot when you said Sparky.

I was looking at both threads and i knew you was getting GOTG but my brain was on MET also because i was in the MET thread also. Getting old sucks i tell ya.

GOTG is really fun though. I just played it last week with the previous code before yesterdays update and it is really coming along great. I think you made a great choice because this game has a awesome playfield design and the code is really maturing right now and getting good.

#1798 5 years ago

Confirmed again this morning, the magnet isn't activating when it drops out of the Orb. No hard grab, no soft push. It did do a hard grab during Groot multi-ball. It also is active during the Orb Multi-Ball, but not when the ball is dropped out of the Orb lock.

This change coincided with the code update. It has definitely changed how the magnet is working on my Pro.

#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Confirmed again this morning, the magnet isn't activating when it drops out of the Orb. No hard grab, no soft push. It did do a hard grab during Groot multi-ball. It also is active during the Orb Multi-Ball, but not when the ball is dropped out of the Orb lock.
This change coincided with the code update. It has definitely changed how the magnet is working on my Pro.

Weird as mine has definitely not changed. Maybe try a factory reset (even though that is essentially done when loading new code)?

#1800 5 years ago

Does Groot do the whole “I am Groot”during MB yet
I thought I seen it on an early Stern preview video for GOTG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/36?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.