IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 171.
#1701 6 years ago

Welcome to the club!

#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats Sinestro! The new code is nice, make sure you get her updated immediately!

Oh yeah! First thing I did!

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Oh yeah! First thing I did!

How are you liking your new game?

#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How are you liking your new game?

Very well so far!

Two issues:

1. The ball is hitting the sling and activating it when coming out of the pops. One game at TPF did this, and it's very annoying. The GOTG at our local arcade plays perfectly, with the ball dropping right to the flipper. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. Sometimes the ball gets stuck in the left ball guide, right above the pops. This is minor, but I can't see what's causing it.

#1705 6 years ago

My ball gets stuck behind the orb drop target some times and it doesn't lower initially as it is supposed to. It usually lowers after a ball search. I figure there is some minor adjustment somewhere to fix this but not sure what it is. When I lift the play field I can raise and reset the target flawlessly in test mode. Any ideas?

#1706 6 years ago

hi all. joining club the friday of pinfest when i am picking up an le. any words of advice would be appreciated as far as protection, mods, tweaks out of the box, ... i definitely know from the thread to update immediately to the newest code. thanks in advance.

#1707 6 years ago

Top three mods in my opinion:

Ronan's Hammer (A Must)
ULEK 'Do Not Use Gantry' (this one is simple but satisfying)
ULEK Plastic Protectors

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Very well so far!
Two issues:
1. The ball is hitting the sling and activating it when coming out of the pops. One game at TPF did this, and it's very annoying. The GOTG at our local arcade plays perfectly, with the ball dropping right to the flipper. Anyone know how to fix this?
2. Sometimes the ball gets stuck in the left ball guide, right above the pops. This is minor, but I can't see what's causing it.

Both of these happened on mine, and I have corrected it a couple of times by adjusting the level/pitch of the game. And by quick clean of the play field (I do not think I waxed the playfield).

I have my game on carpet, and as i move or bump it around even a little it can change the game play enough to notice, as the carpet/pad/and sliders all compress or not.. There is a sweet spot on mine somewhere between 6.5 and 7 pitch..

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

hi all. joining club the friday of pinfest when i am picking up an le. any words of advice would be appreciated as far as protection, mods, tweaks out of the box, ... i definitely know from the thread to update immediately to the newest code. thanks in advance.

I’ve got a lot of mods, shaker, code etc. my top two are listed.

1. Cleland code. Play the stock code for a few days, then load Cleland. You will really appreciate the difference.
2. Mirror blades, they look great on this game.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’ve got a lot of mods, shaker, code etc. my top two are listed.
1. Cleland code. Play the stick code for a few days, then load Cleland. You will really appreciate the difference.
2. Mirror blades, they look great on this game.

Got the mirror blades. May put them in tonight.

I'll wait on Cleanad's mod till the next update later this month. Like you mention, I want a good feel for the game before upgrading it.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The ball is hitting the sling and activating it when coming out of the pops. One game at TPF did this, and it's very annoying. The GOTG at our local arcade plays perfectly, with the ball dropping right to the flipper. Anyone know how to fix this?

I adjusted the right sling to be less sensitive. You can also ease the ball guide out a smidge - I’m going to try this tonight.

BTW, you can adjust the scoop kickout so that it always lands on the right or left flipper. Or SDTM if you’re a masochist. I’ve got mine ejecting to the right flipper now, 18 I think.

#1712 6 years ago

I’m not much of a topper guy, but this would look pretty amazing for about $400. Someone else please do it so I can admire it.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/15233

CF3DED6C-575C-494A-BE49-3FA6B617E3B3 (resized).jpegCF3DED6C-575C-494A-BE49-3FA6B617E3B3 (resized).jpeg

#1713 6 years ago

Game play question - sorry if this was brought up before. If you’re going for Immolation Initiative, do you cradle the ball and time out each mode after the little fanfare that says you qualified it for II? It’s one of the few modern DMDs I’ve played where you can do that, and it seems like that would be a problem for tournaments. I can just see some wise guy waiting out a 107 second timer during qualifying.

On a different topic, the Hadron Enforcers are huge, best use of standup targets on any game I’ve ever owned. Huge risk, huge reward! And leads to many different scoring strategies. Save them up for a monster Orb MB, or use them to finish modes and advance to Cherry Bomb MB.

#1714 6 years ago

I agree with your comments on the Hadron! Sometimes I'm hitting that thing like I'm shooting Tie Fighters on Star Wars on slow ball drains before going in the trough so I can complete the mode (if I'm close) before the next ball starts. Two modes lights that extra ball!

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Game play question - sorry if this was brought up before. If you’re going for Immolation Initiative, do you cradle the ball and time out each mode after the little fanfare that says you qualified it for II? It’s one of the few modern DMDs I’ve played where you can do that, and it seems like that would be a problem for tournaments. I can just see some wise guy waiting out a 107 second timer during qualifying.
On a different topic, the Hadron Enforcers are huge, best use of standup targets on any game I’ve ever owned. Huge risk, huge reward! And leads to many different scoring strategies. Save them up for a monster Orb MB, or use them to finish modes and advance to Cherry Bomb MB.

It's a setting. I think by default, the time stops after a few seconds of no activity. Star Trek was the same way.

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I adjusted the right sling to be less sensitive.

As a setting, a physical change?

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

a physical change?

Sling sensitivity can be changed by either:
adjusting the leaf switch behind the rubber, further apart is less sensitive - or
moving the leaf switch nearer to the rubber (by bending)
changing the rubber around the slingshot

You can change the power of a slingshot in the settings (or by changing the actual coil) but I'm pretty certain that's for both slings.

It always puzzles me that people want every feed to be perfect and go to a cradle, rather than hitting the slingshots. IMHO that's how you get better - by learning to deal with the randomness.
I've played people's machines who have them set up so that every feed is perfect and they can get massive scores - as soon as they get to play a location or competition game they just can't deal with it and complain that the "machine's not set up right".

There's a big difference between a scoop throwing the ball SDTM (unacceptable) or throwing it on to a sling (just deal with it), or putting it to a perfect catch (boring)

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Sling sensitivity can be changed by either:
adjusting the leaf switch behind the rubber, further apart is less sensitive - or
moving the leaf switch nearer to the rubber (by bending)
changing the rubber around the slingshot
You can change the power of a slingshot in the settings (or by changing the actual coil) but I'm pretty certain that's for both slings.
It always puzzles me that people want every feed to be perfect and go to a cradle, rather than hitting the slingshots. IMHO that's how you get better - by learning to deal with the randomness.
I've played people's machines who have them set up so that every feed is perfect and they can get massive scores - as soon as they get to play a location or competition game they just can't deal with it and complain that the "machine's not set up right".
There's a big difference between a scoop throwing the ball SDTM (unacceptable) or throwing it on to a sling (just deal with it), or putting it to a perfect catch (boring)

Thanks, that what I was thinking too, just wanted to clarify.

I'm all for the randomness of pinball, but not at the expense of its original intent. The ball shouldn't hit the sling on the way down, and it can cause some cheap drains. I have a small child and his friends who will play, and that kinda bummer at the start of the game is not good.

#1719 6 years ago

Mirror blades installed last night! First time I've done them. Very impressed!

#1720 6 years ago

@WJxxxx, I agree. But my right sling would launch the ball into left outlane about 50% of the time, and that’s definitely no fun. I’ve gotten into the habit of nudging as the ball comes down from the pops, and I can usually avoid the sling-drain that way. I’ll probably set my scoop kickout back to factory defaults, because it’s admittedly pretty lame to have it gently place the ball on the right flipper.

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m not much of a topper guy, but this would look pretty amazing for about $400. Someone else please do it so I can admire it.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/15233

That does look awesome but skip to 5:32 and thank me later

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

In your for sale ad, be sure to put how much the game sucks and how horrible the gameplay is. And if you really want to max out the price, don't forget to tell prospective buyers how stupid they are for buying it instead of Iron Maiden.

I am blatantly honest about my dislike for this game. It has left. Not my taste. Took a loss. Never going to buy another Lonnie game without playing it a ton. I'm going to be very cautious about assets as well as if they do not have the actors voice rights, I'm out. JJPOTC is another example of a game I will not buy because of this. I think a theme needs to be fully integrated.

Whats funny is I was trying to sell on here and people knew I did not like the game, yet no one wanted to buy it at a good price, Instead, I see a lot more people bought it NIB. I do not like the game and like almost every pinball game. There are just major things that are not right with it. I wish all GOTG owners the best.

I'm out of this thread and hope code improves for everyone. Bring on Iron Maiden and Deadpool!!!!!

#1723 6 years ago

$3 Stern Speaker or $15?
So much better with a halfway decent speaker. I also replaced the woofer. Total spent about $45.

IMG_0301[775] (resized).jpgIMG_0301[775] (resized).jpg

#1724 6 years ago

Just ran into my first issue with my Premium. Not sure how this came undone. It was an easy fix once I figured out the problem.

IMG_1899 (resized).jpgIMG_1899 (resized).jpg

#1725 6 years ago

I’m leaning toward a pro. Any real justification for a premium? Spinners and an egg that opens don’t seem worth the extra money. I’d love to hear some LE/Prem owners

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1726 6 years ago

I think the premium upgrades are worth it
Full colour changing inserts looks amazing
Only Star Trek Premium can rival it
And I love the Groot arms, like he's coming up from under the play field, very cool

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I think the premium upgrades are worth it
And I love the Groot arms, like he's coming up from under the play field, very cool

Sadly blocks Left hurry up shot but thats just a mod away from fixed

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I wish all GOTG owners the best. I'm out of this thread and hope code improves for everyone.

As it stands, the .90 code is awesome, even without Pinball Browser editing. It already surpasses IM and AS, and pulls up even with GOT. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Guardians. For me, it’s the best adrenaline rush pin of any I’ve owned. Guardians kicks ass!

#1729 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I’m leaning toward a pro. Any real justification for a premium? Spinners and an egg that opens don’t seem worth the extra money. I’d love to hear some LE/Prem owners

I’ve always been a Premium guy up till this game. It’s one of the best, if not the best, Pro Stern has made. No mechanical compromises on the main toys.....the ones that actually affect the ball. Compare other games that loose the physical lock, like GB, MET, KISS, Star Wars, etc... Not with Groot. There are only two minor changes that affect the ball: Spinners and 3 magnets vs. 1. Everything else is cosmetic.

I’ll admit I will miss the color changing lights and GI, but nothing else really. Groot’s arms are cool when you first see them, then you realize they are blocking your view. The orb opening up is just OK, but all the cool mods for it are on the Pro only. Rocket recoiling is blink and you’ll miss it.

Went Pro this time, and added the service rails.

#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The ball is hitting the sling and activating it when coming out of the pops. One game at TPF did this, and it's very annoying.

Mine was hitting the top of the sling and it would bounce sdtm or just go wild. Was annoying. I bent the rail slightly. Now it feeds to the center of the right flipper most of the time. Depending on the speed. It’s much better and it’s what I believe they intended.

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Mine was hitting the top of the sling and it would bounce sdtm or just go wild. Was annoying. I bent the rail slightly. Now it feeds to the center of the right flipper most of the time. Depending on the speed. It’s much better and it’s what I believe they intended.

Any advice on bending the rail?

#1732 6 years ago

I think I'm running into the "weak" flipper. Sometimes when the ball comes around the orbit fast, when it hits the flipper, it goes just a little limp. Not much, but you can see it.

Wasn't this determined to be a Lonnie code issue, oddly enough? Hopefully it's patched in the release coming later this month.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

From Stern maybe, because JJP's full RGB is still the benchmark with regards to lightshows IMO.

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Mirror blades installed last night! First time I've done them. Very impressed!
» YouTube video

Now that you have done one machine, you will want to do them all!

#1735 6 years ago

True JJP have been hittin’ the full RGB’s & as such Stern have come to the party
Love to own a JJP but not diggin their themes to date
Maybe if they bust out a Toy Story OR even a better Jaws OR Willy Wonka
Yes I’m a 40 something and I want a theme for me
Cmon JJP, Stern knows what I want, let’s go Iron Maiden (three way tie with Judas Priest &
Black Sabbath as Britain’s great metal exports)

#1736 6 years ago

Mission statement, to Stern OR JJP, make Jaws!
Not interested in any “boutique” company here coming along, with their cheap 3D props
Want the pros on this mighty fine theme, “we’re gonna need a bigger boat”

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Any advice on bending the rail?

I used a pliers. I doesn’t take much.

#1738 6 years ago

So if you guys dont know i do custom powdercoat and was thinking of doing a custom GOTG set in a deep Purple metallic and gold hex pattern set. Pattern will be on lockbar hinges, rails etc. Mocking up some designs and lay out wanted your guys feedback. Here is an example of my blood splatter design. Final prodcut will be 100% powdercoat. Decals are for layout purposes only

20180420_111718 (resized).jpg20180420_111718 (resized).jpg

20180420_111710 (resized).jpg20180420_111710 (resized).jpg

20180420_111724 (resized).jpg20180420_111724 (resized).jpg

20180420_114531 (resized).jpg20180420_114531 (resized).jpg

20180420_114534 (resized).jpg20180420_114534 (resized).jpg

20180420_114523 (resized).jpg20180420_114523 (resized).jpg

#1739 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So if you guys dont know i do custom powdercoat and was thinking of doing a custom GOTG set in a deep Purple metallic and gold hex pattern set. Pattern will be on lockbar hinges, rails etc. Mocking up some designs and lay out wanted your guys feedback. Here is an example of my blood splatter design. Final prodcut will be 100% powdercoat. Decals are for layout purposes only

I'm not crazy about the blood splatter with regards to GOTG but I do like the idea of the purple / hex pattern. Another idea for the lockbar may be to use the orange from the sunburst, or whatever it is that circles the GOTGs on the translite / movie posters.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm not crazy about the blood splatter with regards to GOTG but I do like the idea of the purple / hex pattern. Another idea for the lockbar may be to use the orange from the sunburst, or whatever it is that circles the GOTGs on the translite / movie posters.

The blood splatter is just to show you what i mean by putting patterns in powdercoat

#1741 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

The blood splatter is just to show you what i mean by putting patterns in powdercoat

Ah, I misunderstood you. I've seen your work in your thread (and others) here so I know you do awesome stuff.

#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I used a pliers. I doesn’t take much.

Just grab the end of the rail in the middle and give it a little pull?

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Just grab the end of the rail in the middle and give it a little pull?

Before you do that, have you tried to change the pitch? I found that raising the back legs a little changes the orbit paths quite a bit.

#1744 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Before you do that, have you tried to change the pitch? I found that raising the back legs a little changes the orbit paths quite a bit.

Yes. No luck.

#1745 6 years ago

One of the things I absolutely love/hate about this game is the way it sets you up for a huge cash-in, then slams your dick in the door right before you can do it. Yesterday I had a 4-ball Groot multiball going, with Cherry Bomb lit and ready. All 4 balls drained simultaneously, craziest thing I ever saw. No Cherry Bomb. Tonight, same deal but with 2 balls going. But I couldn’t help going for the Groot SJP, so I lost 2 balls and missed CBMB again. Argh! It keeps me hitting the start button over and over, that’s for sure.

#1746 6 years ago

So I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a GotG. What are the things I need to know/do on day 1 if I go through with it? Going to put up stargate for sale this weekend.

#1747 6 years ago

There’s not much to go wrong with this game mechanically. I traded for a Pro with about 800 plays on it, and I haven’t seen any real issues. I did have to adjust the scoop kickout strength to keep it from going SDTM every time. Now the ball hits the tip of the extended left flipper pretty consistently, much better. The feed down the right side to the flippers is a little tricky too. I made the right sling a little less sensitive so that it’s not a chump drain if the ball grazes it on the way down. Adjust outlanes to taste and enjoy!

#1748 6 years ago

One other thing to know: GOTG is more on the IM/TWD side of the spectrum than on the LOTR/POTC side. I find myself nudging and slap-saving a lot. It’s not a “lean back and play” kind of pin. The Rocket kickback is ridiculously fast and drains more than the one on IM. I hope they’ll add a 1-second ballsave at some point.

#1749 6 years ago

Success! Bent the loop guide just slightly, and the ball drops perfectly now! Very, very happy!

Celebrated by having my best game yet by far, with reaching Cherry Bomb for the first time to top it off!

Love this game!!

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

One other thing to know: GOTG is more on the IM/TWD side of the spectrum than on the LOTR/POTC side. I find myself nudging and slap-saving a lot. It’s not a “lean back and play” kind of pin. The Rocket kickback is ridiculously fast and drains more than the one on IM. I hope they’ll add a 1-second ballsave at some point.

Interesting. Rocket and the scoop have been perfect from day one for me.

My issues are:

1. Ball hitting the slings upon entry (fixed)
2. Ball occasionally getting stuck in the left ball guide (not as much when I increased pitch)
3. Ball very rarely getting caught in Groot's mouth when it's down (I'm assuming we can adjust his mouth manually....raise it about 1mm)
4. Occasionally a weak and limp auto plunge (head scratcher on this one)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/35?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.