2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,489 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by cleland
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,054 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0147 (resized).jpg
20200607_163010 (resized).jpg
20200607_163005 (resized).jpg
20200607_163005 (resized).jpg
3B9AB31C-4578-4241-AC2A-45C0E9E9B652 (resized).jpeg
135BF785-066E-4066-B744-118D06B2F212 (resized).jpeg
DA71653F-F51D-4004-BAF9-2C08CE21F805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9806 (resized).jpg
IMG_9807 (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpg
244869DB-3533-4F42-A7FA-E38865BEDD69 (resized).jpeg
D12185B7-0573-47BD-BCCC-4B3191EAEAD5 (resized).jpeg
FB7F3BD1-6036-4CB3-B1F3-4123C6E44473 (resized).png
DSC_0028.JPG
356874C8-AC4A-490D-8F59-1A221BE99C89 (resized).jpeg
2BD6A4D7-13FE-4DF9-A383-D5E27EAE8D8B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4489 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 90.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I have not had it happen to me yet either (on an LE.) Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. However, one problem I have with the Rocket kickback is that on average the ball launches and hits the very tip of my right flipper. A small percentage of the time (maybe 10%?) the ball goes SDTM which drives me nuts. I have the game perfectly level so I'm not sure how to make the adjustment so that the ball hits the middle of the right flipper more? Anyone see something similar on their game?

Id say about 80% of the time i hit the rocket shot it fires SDTM on me.

#1652 2 years ago

where does one get mylar>? btw

#1653 2 years ago

I installed purple lighted flipper buttons and a shaker motor from Pinball Life today.

6B675BD1-5CFC-46A2-B42C-9A5EA32D3AF9 (resized).jpeg

F208BFDB-EF6D-4DBC-B285-7BE12ACF00A7 (resized).jpeg

#1654 2 years ago

ive got the same flipper buttons on my game!

#1655 2 years ago

Props and shoutout to hasi . I purchased some colored plastic protectors for my Pro and they look awesome! Now my Orb shot is bullet proof!

720FE947-5505-40A8-A235-44F51B9EB2C4 (resized).jpeg

40561F64-6135-489B-BE44-612E2F367672 (resized).jpeg

1285EB82-BA8A-4667-8BC4-887FFEB34935 (resized).jpeg

94584C6F-DD1E-4EFB-A053-A06E8A9BF364 (resized).jpeg

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

where does one get mylar>? btw

I bought mine from pinrestore.com but I have a lot of it and I'm in Cincy too, PM me if you want and I can figure out how to get some to you. The shooter lane on mine is chipped too but it was that way when I got it so hopefully the mylar prevents it from getting worse.

#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Props and shoutout to hasi . I purchased some colored plastic protectors for my Pro and they look awesome! Now my Orb shot is bullet proof!

I need that purple orbit protector! Does he have ads in the marketplace?

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Does moving the ball guide to the right change the entry angle of the shot? It's pretty tight already.

Nope. The adjustment is so minor.

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I need that purple orbit protector! Does he have ads in the marketplace?

Maybe PM him directly. I know he has an LE and because of the moving Orb, the bottom piece won’t fit. But for a Pro it just clears with all three layers. I’m glad Stern sent me a new bottom Orb piece to boot.

#1660 2 years ago

Has anyone had Groot's mouth only open halfway during Groot MB thus never allowing you to lock a ball during that mode? I see this happen about 20% of the time I get that multiball started. Otherwise the mouth behaves normally.

#1661 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Has anyone had Groot's mouth only open halfway during Groot MB thus never allowing you to lock a ball during that mode? I see this happen about 20% of the time I get that multiball started. Otherwise the mouth behaves normally.

Never.

I notice that Groot's Mouth opens and closes on the second triggering of Groot Multiball.

#1662 2 years ago

When its time to collect the SJP groots mouth goes up and down.

Tricky.. hard to time that just right

#1663 2 years ago

I got to say new code new love for this game it really gets my heart racing. I can't wait for the next update I hope it's even better.

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

A few times for me. The lower jaw was just a little higher than the playfield,and no shot would make it past this.Maybe like 4-5 times since November.

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

A few times for me. The lower jaw was just a little higher than the playfield,and no shot would make it past this.Maybe like 4-5 times since November.

I'll try to get more information on what might be causing it for me.

I've also noticed when you start MB Groot's mouth will occasionally sort of stutter as it opens. It'll open about 1/3 of the way, then stop briefly, then go a bit more, and stop, and finally open all the way then fire the balls out. Not sure if the 2 problems are related.

#1666 2 years ago
Quoted from benman:

I got to say new code new love for this game it really gets my heart racing. I can't wait for the next update I hope it's even better.

Agree this has the bones of a great game! has anyone reached an of the wizard modes on new code? Immolation or Save Xander?

#1667 2 years ago

Possible new owner here...I need to work out the cash part of a trade for my 2010 IM. I *loved* my IM, but I’ve had it for 6 years, and it’s time for a new tough game. Sounds like there are still some code problems in GOTG even with the .90 release, but the new rules sound pretty cool.

#1668 2 years ago

GOTG Premium - on both .87 and now .90, I get ball stuck behind single drop target in Orb. Does ball search, but never drops that target to release ball. Anyone have this? Find a fix? Like the game but this issue generally is only cured by taking glass off or turn game off/on. Thanks! Bob

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

GOTG Premium - on both .87 and now .90, I get ball stuck behind single drop target in Orb. Does ball search, but never drops that target to release ball. Anyone have this? Find a fix? Like the game but this issue generally is only cured by taking glass off or turn game off/on. Thanks! Bob

Will the target drop in coil test mode? May have a broken wire to the coil or something simple like that?

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Look at my post near the bottom of page 33. I have a picture. Mine had a broken solder joint.

There is a coil that pushes the target up. A smaller solenoid behind it and forcibly pulls the target down when it’s on the up position. The broken solder joint was on the solenoid that pulls it down.

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Possible new owner here...I need to work out the cash part of a trade for my 2010 IM. I *loved* my IM, but I’ve had it for 6 years, and it’s time for a new tough game. Sounds like there are still some code problems in GOTG even with the .90 release, but the new rules sound pretty cool.

The new code makes this game plenty worth it! Lots to play for.

#1672 2 years ago

(to follow)

#1673 2 years ago

I don’t remember those toy thingys in the movie. Can anyone fill me in?

DE46C1F7-0E04-43CA-AC0C-87C8AD1BB7AF (resized).jpeg

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They are supposed to be like the little things Yandou asks the Broker about in at about 45 seconds in this video:

#1675 2 years ago

Seems like the Ulek protectors are a no-brainer for this game - they look factory, and this game is an airball speed demon.

#1676 2 years ago

Chroma Colored nuts with colored nylon on GOTG. Adds a nice accent

https://chromapinball.com/

image2 (resized).jpeg

image3 (resized).jpeg

image4 (resized).jpeg

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Seems like the Ulek protectors are a no-brainer for this game - they look factory, and this game is an airball speed demon.

Yup. Ordered mine same day as I ordered my game. Rocket and right orbit.

#1678 2 years ago

I’ve got mine set for 3 balls with 4 extras along the way at set scores. So it’s not factory. But, just got to Save Xandar. Was really fun to hear the dance off scene playing while trying to keep the mode going. Only about 1B overall score. But was cool to play all the wizard modes.

#1679 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's one of the toys Yondu has on his command chair.

IMG_3254 (resized).JPG

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from Bricarus:

I’ve got mine set for 3 balls with 4 extras along the way at set scores. So it’s not factory. But, just got to Save Xandar. Was really fun to hear the dance off scene playing while trying to keep the mode going. Only about 1B overall score. But was cool to play all the wizard modes.

YES!! That’s awesome news that the dance off is in the game and one of the best scenes from the movie, so that’s a nice incentive getting to the wizard mode.

If beating the mode results in the end of the scene where star lord is holding the infinity stone and says “we are the guardians of the galaxy bitch” with the RGB playfield inserts going nuts in purple that may just be the greatest wizard mode ever

#1681 2 years ago

Just got the call! She'll be here Tuesday!

#1682 2 years ago

I’ve put about 20 games on mine after setting it up today. I’m getting a lot of cheap drains:

1. Right orbit feed hits right sling and slams the ball into left outlane
2. Rocket sends ball SDTM about half the time
3. Yando shot drops ball onto wireform and it bounces out

The scoop eject is also way more dangerous than the one on my AS. I’m used to new games needing time to “settle down”, but mine has 820 games on it already. Any recommendations for tweaks to make this less like a bucking bronco?

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve put about 20 games on mine after setting it up today. I’m getting a lot of cheap drains:
1. Right orbit feed hits right sling and slams the ball into left outlane
2. Rocket sends ball SDTM about half the time
3. Yando shot drops ball onto wireform and it bounces out
The scoop eject is also way more dangerous than the one on my AS. I’m used to new games needing time to “settle down”, but mine has 820 games on it already. Any recommendations for tweaks to make this less like a bucking bronco?

You will have to gently bend your Stainless Steel ball guides a little to direct the ball where it supposed to go. If you have not done this before, get someone that has to help you. If you bend them too far, they are difficult to get back in shape. Good Luck!

#1684 2 years ago

I changed the scoop eject power to 28, and it’s much better now. I also just played a 100M+ game with 8 Rocket kickbacks and none of them drained, so maybe I was just unlucky before. GOTG seems faster and meaner than the IM I traded for it. But once you get some good flow going, it’s a lot of fun! I’m looking forward to digging into the rules tomorrow night.

#1685 2 years ago

I closed down the outlanes and got myself dialed into the shots, and now I’m having a blast with this game. I’m being fully serious. .

EDIT: Finally got Cherry Bomb MB and a 252M score. I may need to move the outlane posts back out.

#1686 2 years ago

My game is wrapped up and ready to leave. Here comes Iron Maiden. GOTG is the only game I do not care about.

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My game is wrapped up and ready to leave. Here comes Iron Maiden. GOTG is the only game I do not care about.

i wonder how maiden affected gotg sales.

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No reason to post. Are you trying to make a statement before you leave, like you're too cool for everyone else here?

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i wonder how maiden affected gotg sales.

Hasn't affected me. Different target audiences.

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

[Edited for niceness] I can understand being frustrated with GOTG when the code was new, but it’s a very solid game now. I hope your buyer appreciates the game more, or at least doesn’t complain as much as you did.

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm happy to say that my guard turds is leaving and my negativity will leave with it.

What happened to the negativity leaving? This was over a month ago.

#1692 2 years ago

I feel confident in comparing GOTG 0.90 to my Aerosmith now that I’ve put about 30 games on GOTG, and at least 300 on AS. I never experienced the early code, so 0.90 is my first experience with GOTG. From a rules standpoint, GOTG feels like a complete game at this point, while AS still needs some more meat on its bones. The modes are a lot more differentiated in GOT than in AS. Mode completion is more important in GOTG, due to 5x Groot jackpots and Cherry Bomb Multiball. The action button is integral to the gameplay on GOTG, but on AS it’s only good for aborting multiball. Groot multiball is pretty much identical to Toys in the Attic multiball, but other than that the games feel very different to me.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love AS, and it’s not going anywhere. I do find it a little annoying that some of the AS guitar riffs were reused in GOTG, so I’ll be changing those out. Once I do, I think they’ll be very complementary pins. I just hope AS eventually gets the same treatment that GOTG did with the 0.90 release.

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

In your for sale ad, be sure to put how much the game sucks and how horrible the gameplay is. And if you really want to max out the price, don't forget to tell prospective buyers how stupid they are for buying it instead of Iron Maiden.

#1694 2 years ago

I just had a 600M+ Orb MB, and I have no idea how - I think I stacked RAMPAGE and a shot doubler on the Orb shot. I finished with 891M. The super modes are lucrative, definitely worth playing with a shot doubler. Man I love this game. I just wish they’d let the music play uninterrupted when you’re not in a mode. No fanfare for Groot or Orb lock, just let the Awesome Mix music play on.

#1695 2 years ago

Just played GOTG and i gotta say that this game is really shaping up nicely with the new code. I had much more fun tonight than i did the last time i played it and the shots are as smooth as butter. GOTG is going to be a hit and a great game for people to have in their collection!

#1696 2 years ago

Multiball.. ohhh yeahh!

Yes, I am glad I stuck with it after feeling a little shafted playing on old code. Stern is picking up a lot of bonus point.

Now its finally time to let metLE go, along with some others titles, and wait for my imdn and bm66. Gotg will fit in nicely with those 2

#1697 2 years ago

GOTG has only been out 6 months. I bought MET right out of the gate in 2013, and I think it took over a year to get to this level. Kudos to Stern for picking up the pace AND adding variety to the modes.

#1698 2 years ago

She's here!

IMG_0526 (resized).JPG

#1700 2 years ago

Congrats Sinestro! The new code is nice, make sure you get her updated immediately!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 12.99
$ 700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
There are 4489 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside