IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 171.
#1601 6 years ago

Also, anyone have any shooter lane chipping? Mine does with less than 50 plays.....disappointing My GBLE was the same way and it forced me to strip the playfield and have it professionally cleared. With GOTGLE I just put down a layer of mylar.

20180401_122852 (resized).jpg20180401_122852 (resized).jpg
20180401_122819 (resized).jpg20180401_122819 (resized).jpg

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Also, anyone have any shooter lane chipping? Mine does with less than 50 plays.....disappointing My GBLE was the same way and it forced me to strip the playfield and have it professionally cleared. With GOTGLE I just put down a layer of mylar.

omg ... you have really bad luck.

because of that i put a shooterlane protector on every nib game before starting to play.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How is the overall video chorography/integration? On older code it just seemed to be randomly played video on loop from the movie.

They're not exactly random video clips. They correspond to the modes. Pod Chase video is from the chase seen in the movie. Knowhere shows the fight between Drax and Ronan, etc. They have nothing to do with the actual gameplay of the mode or what to shoot. You get text instructions like "x ramps remaining" or "x switches remaining".

The audio callouts are ok, but you have to get cleland audio mod. This update also reinforced how good his work is.

#1604 6 years ago

Glad to see this game is finally coming around because everything about it is great except for the code.

#1605 6 years ago

Anyone have insight into the new Level 2s vs starting a new mode at the scoop?

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Anyone have insight into the new Level 2s vs starting a new mode at the scoop?

Still trying to figure that out too. Some are worth more than others. If you start groot near, or at, the end of a lvl 1 mode. Then you can have the lvl 2 running during groot. Or orb. Might be a way to pick up some gravy points during multiball. But it might be better to use the multiball modes earlier in the lvl 1 modes to help complete them. Thereby getting to Cherry Bomb quicker, where there are some good points to be had. So far, the lvl 2 modes don't seem worth playing on their own. Better to start a new mode. It would be cool if there was a jackpot at the end of each one to reward finishing it. They are cool modes though. I love "unlocking" more of the movie when a lvl 2 starts.

I haven't gotten on of those big orb jackpots people have posted about. I might have to take the glass off and learn that mode better. I'm sure getting the right multipliers going is key.

There's definitely more thought and strategy now with this update.

I've seen a bug with Quills Quest. Sometimes it ends when only one ball drains and there's time left on the clock.

I'd really like to see progress indicators on the multiball modes. I've only completed them a few times.

This games has gotten addictive for me, hooray!

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Along with the gameplay code improvements which are the most important I would still like the following.
Flipper idle buttons sfxs
When game is Idle play film clips like in SW (game seems dead when idle)
topper lights tide in during active gameplay.
More shaker integration, seems so light now
More magnet usage especially on Groot/Orb ball release
Going to play some more today, but really enjoying the game.

Those all sound good, send them to Stern or a polite email to Lonnie maybe with those suggestions along with how great the codes shaping up?

Like my good lady says “flattery will get your everywhere”

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I've seen a bug with Quills Quest. Sometimes it ends when only one ball drains and there's time left on the clock.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design but it definitely ends every time you drain one ball after the ball save timer for the mode expires. If you then drain your other ball you re-start the mode at ball launch but it's still just one ball and then allows Groot locks / MB to be achieved.

Edit: If you shoot the scoop for mode selection after losing your first ball and ending Quill's Quest, selecting Quill's again will also put you in single ball play with Groot and Orb locks / MB available.

#1609 6 years ago

Love the theme of this machine, what's the good, bad and ugly on this one. I'm considering buying, however, support with Lonnie is the main concern, looks like a new version was just dropped. So many of these came up for sale just after unboxings.

#1610 6 years ago

Anyone have video or a link to a stream with new code .90?

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Anyone have video or a link to a stream with new code .90?

If you go to Dead Flip's Twitch page, there's a video of the new code being played at the Marco booth at TPF. It's the only one I know of with the new code yet.

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

If you go to Dead Flip's Twitch page, there's a video of the new code being played at the Marco booth at TPF. It's the only one I know of with the new code yet.

Thanks much appreciated

#1613 6 years ago

Still trying to figure that out too. Some are worth more than others. If you start groot near, or at, the end of a lvl 1 mode. Then you can have the lvl 2 running during groot. Or orb. Might be a way to pick up some gravy points during multiball. But it might be better to use the multiball modes earlier in the lvl 1 modes to help complete them. Thereby getting to Cherry Bomb quicker, where there are some good points to be had. So far, the lvl 2 modes don't seem worth playing on their own. Better to start a new mode.

I'm definitely leaning this way. I don't have info on all of the Level 2s, but I got deep into Knowhere and Yaka Level 2s and got about 30M each. I've started CBMB twice and the points are 100M and better. They were by far my best games...300M and 289M.

Those numbers tell me that you'd need a lot of long Level 2s to equal the CB awards. I don't know the multipliers well either, so that could change things. Hopefully someone will post a good tutorial on the new code.

#1614 6 years ago

I've got a lot more to say about the new code. All great. But I'm going to make a statement. I think cherry bomb multiball might be might my favorite MB in all of pinball!

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I've got a lot more to say about the new code. All great. But I'm going to make a statement. I think cherry bomb multiball might be might my favorite MB in all of pinball!

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb!

#1616 6 years ago

So far, the lvl 2 modes don't seem worth playing on their own. Better to start a new mode.

yes, I feel the same way. It's also really hard to tell when level 2 starts and level 1 is complete. What's the motivation do to any level 2 modes instead of starting a new mode?

#1617 6 years ago

I am loving this game!! Found something interesting about the CBMB.

CBMB scored 304M (no idea how...never lifted my eyes from the flippers!). It started without shooting the scoop...sort of. Finished my fourth mode, Sibling Rivalry, with a shot into the Star Lord scoop as the final shot. After showing the mode completion graphic, CBMB started.

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, I feel the same way. It's also really hard to tell when level 2 starts and level 1 is complete. What's the motivation do to any level 2 modes instead of starting a new mode?

I think the Level 2 shots are more like icing on the cake as opposed to what you would prefer to hit. For example if the the ramps are lit for points and the ball is cradled on the right flipper the left ramp is now worth shooting to get it to the left flipper to attempt a scoop shot as opposed to just post-passing it. So far that's the way I'm treating them.

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyone else have the ball get stuck under the Rocket plastic? Seems to be happening a lot for me. I printed this piece to prevent the problem from occurring in the future.

Yes this is seriously annoying. Hope you could share your mod on Shapeways? Love to put this in mine. Happened to me tonight on first ball at 140 mil. Worried plastics are going to crack. This happens alot. 3x in one day .

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

They could design and build the different levels in the modes like Lonnie & Dwight did in ST, it also works great for the lcd in BM66 having multiple levels/episodes to a mode, which allows for more video assests to be used, level 1 and 2 of a mode in GOTG could use completely different video/audio to give each level a unique look, sound and feel. Would also give the game the feeling/presentation of double the amount of unique modes?

Obviously I’m not an owner “yet” but the level setups work great and are awesome on both ST and BM66, if it would work on the current build of GOTG and feel natural then it would be awesome to see GOTG get the same level of attention to detail as ST/BM66.

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They could design and build the different levels in the modes like Lonnie & Dwight did in ST, it also works great for the lcd in BM66 having multiple levels/episodes to a mode, which allows for more video assests to be used, level 1 and 2 of a mode in GOTG could use completely different video/audio to give each level a unique look, sound and feel. Would also give the game the feeling/presentation of double the amount of unique modes?
Obviously I’m not an owner “yet” but the level setups work great and are awesome on both ST and BM66, if it would work on the current build of GOTG and feel natural then it would be awesome to see GOTG get the same level of attention to detail as ST/BM66.

I own and like BM66 and ST - but BM66 has 4 main modes that have different levels and ST has 6. Both BM66 and ST are also long playing games. in GotG there are 8 modes + 2 multi ball modes + 3 wizard/mini-wizard modes, so I'm not sure having more than 2 levels on each mode makes sense. I would agree there is room for more sound and video to differentiate the level 2 modes but we are early in the code. I also think there is more room for balancing the scoring in the level 2 modes to make them worth playing vs starting a new mode. With 0.90 they took this game in a new and in my opinion much improved direction, and it will take some time to polish.

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Yes this is seriously annoying. Hope you could share your mod on Shapeways? Love to put this in mine. Happened to me tonight on first ball at 140 mil. Worried plastics are going to crack. This happens alot. 3x in one day .

All the time.. pull glass and all that drama..

#1623 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

so I'm not sure having more than 2 levels on each mode makes sense.

I agree. I think it would be cleaner to not have level 2 modes unless they are clear and meaningful.

#1624 6 years ago

Here is my cheap fix and it works...

1. Flipper band

2. Rob Zombie key fob.

3. Place it and play!

48BE1F25-9FB1-4D7A-BD6A-33F89B7F9698.jpeg48BE1F25-9FB1-4D7A-BD6A-33F89B7F9698.jpeg

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Anyone else have the ball get stuck under the Rocket plastic? Seems to be happening a lot for me. I printed this piece to prevent the problem from occurring in the future.

Please email your fix to Stern. The issue is common and we have had the ball stuck plenty of times. Great fix!

#1626 6 years ago

Isn't the issue that the metal rail is just inserted too far into some peoples play fields? I know many people have this issue but I would have to assume the majority do not. My machine does not do this but I wonder if the rail can be tapped out a little bit from the underside? It wouldn't need to move much in order to prevent the ball from getting caught.

If you couldn't tap from underside you might be able to pry up from top assuming you could get leverage and also protect the PF from marking it up in the process.

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Isn't the issue that the metal rail is jut inserted too far into some peoples play fields? I know many people have this issue but I would have to assume the majority do not. My machine does not do this but I wonder if the rail can be tapped out a little bit from the underside? It wouldn't need to move much in order to prevent the ball from getting caught.
If you couldn't tap from underside you might be able to pry up from top assuming you could get leverage and also protect the PF from marking it up in the process.

I'm not sure what the situations is. This is a perfect storm for broken plastics. I need to fix it if I route this game. I don't want to be fixing Stucky balls every couple days or so.

#1628 6 years ago

I'm not sure what the situations is. This is a perfect storm for broken plastics. I need to fix it if I route this game. I don't want to be fixing Stucky balls every couple days or so.

The ball bounces off the wire form and/or something else (post, target) in that area and that is how it ends up lodged in between the plastic and the wire form. Lifting the wire form did not help at all. Yes, there will be plenty of broken plastics, we have already broken the orb plastic. (Stern replaced it). We are going to make a piece of PETG that covers that area until there is a fix available.

#1629 6 years ago

damn...new code gives out 300+million jackpots....not sure how I got it that high. That's more than my high scores on the old version

#1630 6 years ago

I've only seen it happen twice on mine and it's a route game, it's gotten a lot of play. It does suck when the stuck ball stops game play all together
lasseriffic makes a plastic to strengthen the rocket plastic I'm about to grab. not sure if it's going to solve the issue.

I bought that plastic for the pro before it was listed for pro only. apparently they now make a premium/le version.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4811

the main area where the ball gets caught a lot more is up in the top right corner. there is a big hole in the plastic (near the gate) the ball rolls right into and sits.
the patron has to tilt the game to get the ball out. Was thinking about adding a post, I hate the idea of drilling into the plastic but....

Seems like they rushed this out, without extensive testing. All my other stern games have post that block those areas.

#1631 6 years ago

Better pic of the fix . Set this up on Friday night and no more stuck balls.

Better view from the player point of view. No Intferance in gameplay either.

7BDADE25-EDBF-497A-AC15-7DEDAE1B7321.jpeg7BDADE25-EDBF-497A-AC15-7DEDAE1B7321.jpeg

26CD5387-78CB-4829-AD46-ED591576A791.jpeg26CD5387-78CB-4829-AD46-ED591576A791.jpeg

#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Better pic of the fix . Set this up on Friday night and no more stuck balls.
Better view from the player point of view. No Intferance in gameplay either.

That is awesome!

#1633 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The ball bounces off the wire form and/or something else (post, target) in that area and that is how it ends up lodged in between the plastic and the wire form. Lifting the wire form did not help at all. Yes, there will be plenty of broken plastics, we have already broken the orb plastic. (Stern replaced it). We are going to make a piece of PETG that covers that area until there is a fix available.

I have the plastic protector installed and I've not had a ball get stuck in there yet. I have had one end up really stuck under the bottom of the left ramp and on top of a plastic twice. It's a major pain to get it out of there too, may have to try to attach something to the nut that holds the plastic down to prevent it but I that's going to require removing the lower left ramp so it might be a while before I get around to it.

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Please email your fix to Stern. The issue is common and we have had the ball stuck plenty of times. Great fix!

Weird ive yet to get a single ball stuck anywhere on my GOTG....Knock on wood.

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I felt the same way until about a week ago. Then it stuck there for the first time since I bought it. Since then, it's happened twice more. It happens so fast I can't tell if it's a ricochet on a Groot post or if it's coming off of the Nebula opening. Oddly enough, all three times it was during single ball play. You'd think it would be more prevalent when multiple balls are flying around.

#1636 6 years ago

Does the pro have the hole and split in the plastic next to rocket? I think that spot lifts up along with the metal rail being to low and ball jams in.

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does the pro have the hole and split in the plastic next to rocket? I think that spot lifts up along with the metal rail being to low and ball jams in.

Hi,

How did you connect this underneath the playfield? Picture? Or is that just sitting in the hole? Also do you have dimensions of the plastics?

Thx!

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I have not had it happen to me yet either (on an LE.) Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. However, one problem I have with the Rocket kickback is that on average the ball launches and hits the very tip of my right flipper. A small percentage of the time (maybe 10%?) the ball goes SDTM which drives me nuts. I have the game perfectly level so I'm not sure how to make the adjustment so that the ball hits the middle of the right flipper more? Anyone see something similar on their game?

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if this is a bug or by design but it definitely ends every time you drain one ball after the ball save timer for the mode expires.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it continue with one ball play even after the ball save timer expires. But sometimes it doesn't. So I'm not sure which way is the intended way. Maybe it has something to do with hitting upgrade or not?

#1640 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi,
How did you connect this underneath the playfield? Picture? Or is that just sitting in the hole? Also do you have dimensions of the plastics?
Thx!

It is held in place with a flipper bands.. It takes 30 seconds and works I will measure for you later today..

#1641 6 years ago

I have the rocket plastic protectors, basically all of the ones from ULEK, and no stuck balls under plastics. It shouldn’t make a difference anyway, they are taller but now lower. Maybe being less flexible is enough to block the ball falling in the spot. I’ll bet it’s the height if the ball guide as others have speculated. That could vary based on placement during assembly of the playfield at the factory.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I have not had it happen to me yet either (on an LE.) Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. However, one problem I have with the Rocket kickback is that on average the ball launches and hits the very tip of my right flipper. A small percentage of the time (maybe 10%?) the ball goes SDTM which drives me nuts. I have the game perfectly level so I'm not sure how to make the adjustment so that the ball hits the middle of the right flipper more? Anyone see something similar on their game?

I adjust mine over the weekend. Slightly push the ball guide on the left, more to the right. You'll need to take the nuts off the plastic. Plastic bends enough, to not fully remove it. Loosen the ball guide, put pressure on it to make it move more to the right, while keeping pressure on it, tighten the screws back into place.

After i did this, it consistently hits the right flipper. And not at the tip of it either.

#1643 6 years ago

Played for a bit last night and got cherry bomb multi ball. I can say the game is much better but still feels lackluster.

#1644 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure I've seen it continue with one ball play even after the ball save timer expires. But sometimes it doesn't. So I'm not sure which way is the intended way. Maybe it has something to do with hitting upgrade or not?

I've purposely played Quill's often to observe behavior and I've yet to see it continue after draining to one ball, certainly possible there is a bug that randomly does it but I've not seen it yet. If the mode times out with one ball and you hit the scoop and choose Q.Q. again it will restart as a single ball MB. I thought it would be a more lucrative mode being two ball multiball but it requires a lot of shots to complete and I'm not a control player in MB so I probably wouldn't choose it in an effort to get to Cherry Bomb unless I had Groot MB ready to start.

#1645 6 years ago

I had my ORB drop target acting up and then wouldn’t go down.
Found the culprit and a quick solder fixed it.

D153EAE6-3826-401D-81DF-4554308ECD6F (resized).jpegD153EAE6-3826-401D-81DF-4554308ECD6F (resized).jpeg

#1646 6 years ago

Stern of the Union update.

Another code release later this month with topper support and additional refinement.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-April-2018

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I adjust mine over the weekend. Slightly push the ball guide on the left, more to the right. You'll need to take the nuts off the plastic. Plastic bends enough, to not fully remove it. Loosen the ball guide, put pressure on it to make it move more to the right, while keeping pressure on it, tighten the screws back into place.
After i did this, it consistently hits the right flipper. And not at the tip of it either.

Does moving the ball guide to the right change the entry angle of the shot? It's pretty tight already.

#1648 6 years ago

Cool topper support! and more code coming this month! Thanks Stern!

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My shooter lane is chipped just like this too. I'm well over 50 games, but it's not even a month old. I can't find anyone selling anything specifically made to protect this, so I guess just a piece of mylar cut to fit. Any other ideas?

#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

We find that Cliffys are the best protection for your shooter lane, and work best when installed from new. Cliffy is about 2 months behind at the moment so if you cannot wait for your Cliffys to arrive, https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-shooter-lane-protector will do the trick.

Clear chipping is not going away anytime soon. A bit of protection in the right places goes a long way. Our friend bought a SW/Prem and the shooter lane starting chipping straight away. 400 games, and most of the clear is gone from the edges. They love playing their machine, and the shooter lane chipping does not bother them one bit. "just like when you get a new car and you get stone chips. What do you expect having that steel ball constantly try to smash everything"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/33?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.