2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,488 posts
  • 452 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by UltraPeepi
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,054 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0147 (resized).jpg
20200607_163010 (resized).jpg
20200607_163005 (resized).jpg
20200607_163005 (resized).jpg
3B9AB31C-4578-4241-AC2A-45C0E9E9B652 (resized).jpeg
135BF785-066E-4066-B744-118D06B2F212 (resized).jpeg
DA71653F-F51D-4004-BAF9-2C08CE21F805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9806 (resized).jpg
IMG_9807 (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpg
244869DB-3533-4F42-A7FA-E38865BEDD69 (resized).jpeg
D12185B7-0573-47BD-BCCC-4B3191EAEAD5 (resized).jpeg
FB7F3BD1-6036-4CB3-B1F3-4123C6E44473 (resized).png
DSC_0028.JPG
356874C8-AC4A-490D-8F59-1A221BE99C89 (resized).jpeg
2BD6A4D7-13FE-4DF9-A383-D5E27EAE8D8B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4488 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 90.
#1551 2 years ago

The only problem I have with the Premium is that Groots Left arm blocks the Line of site on many shots. And it's hard to see when the orbits are lit. Kind of like Tommy blinders in my opinion

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

The only problem I have with the Premium is that Groots Left arm blocks the Line of site on many shots.

I'm 6'1" and have a Premium. I stand fairly upright with a slight lean on the machine (I'm trying to eliminate that). The only thing that is completely blocked for me is the Ronan insert. I can see enough of the HE insert by Rocket to know if it is lit. It does take a quick duck to see if Ronan is lit on most modes. On some of the them (Knowhere especially) the color reflects off of the arm so I can sometimes tell that it's lit by that.

I would call it an incovenience instead of a problem. I generally can't hit that shot on the fly anyway, so I'm shooting it from a cradle on the right that let's me take a quick look. The cool look of the arms in the game are more than a tradeoff IMO.

#1553 2 years ago

Wonder if there will be another release before we get to 1.0.

I know the numbering system is somewhat arbitrary, especially among the different coders at Stern. However, it seems lately Stern has made a concentrated effort on more recent games to make 1.0 mean something. Like 1.0 means it "finished" and anything you get after that is either bug fixes, or "you're welcome".

#1554 2 years ago

The only problem I have with the Premium is that Groots Left arm blocks the Line of site on many shots. And it's hard to see when the orbits are lit. Kind of like Tommy blinders in my opinion

Aren't they removable?

When I played a Premium at TPF, I found them to be annoying during the game. If I got a Premium, I'd probably remove them and just enjoy the RGB light shows that comes with the model.

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Aren't they removable?
When I played a Premium at TPF, I found them to be annoying during the game. If I got a Premium, I'd probably remove them and just enjoy the RGB light shows that comes with the model.

At Tilt in Minneapolis he has an LE with the arms removed. So yes, should be removable.

#1556 2 years ago

Played a couple games on the new code! wow! great update having a blast with it.

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s good to know, I’m on the fence with GOTG but with each code drop getting more tempted to pull the trigger on one, but just want to see this newer code/newer direction of the game as so much has changed before buying.
I am just worried it’s going to be the usual Lonnie 10 ramp shots on one mode, 10 orbit shots on another mode etc, a little shot variation, working the playfield like Lyman and Dwight like to goes a long way and would make this hard to pass.

Did you read the notes???

Before this update yes the code was shoot the same shots in a different order for every mode.

However these notes they are changing that completely. I can't wait to download.

Basically.
1 mode is now a 2 ball mb.
Another is a roaming target shot.
Another is in lane shots.
Another is ramps
Another is bumpers

Sounds really cool. I'm pumped.

Then even added another timed mb.

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm 6'1" and have a Premium. I stand fairly upright with a slight lean on the machine (I'm trying to eliminate that). The only thing that is completely blocked for me is the Ronan insert. I can see enough of the HE insert by Rocket to know if it is lit. It does take a quick duck to see if Ronan is lit on most modes. On some of the them (Knowhere especially) the color reflects off of the arm so I can sometimes tell that it's lit by that.
I would call it an incovenience instead of a problem. I generally can't hit that shot on the fly anyway, so I'm shooting it from a cradle on the right that let's me take a quick look. The cool look of the arms in the game are more than a tradeoff IMO.

Someone said "Are they Removable" yes they are. I didn't think about this when I ordered the game. Not totally upset.
I'm sure there will be some clever mod that will make amends for this.

#1559 2 years ago

Confirmed that 4 modes must be completed to qualify for Cherry bomb MB at the scoop- it will flash red. The trough empties for the 60 seconds. Definitely want to save up some Hadron Enforcer button shots for this-to get to the super jackpot by sinking a ball in Groot. Had a 400 million plus CBMB this morning.

Still a couple things to work out on this, as if there are any balls in the scoop at the time the timer runs out- the game does not know where the ball is and will only eject on a ball search. This has happened 3 times so far.

Still an fun MB , and looking forward to watching someone else play it, as there is too much going on with all 6 balls on the playfield to enjoy the animations on the display.

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Confirmed that 4 modes must be completed to qualify for Cherry bomb MB at the scoop- it will flash red. The trough empties for the 60 seconds. Definitely want to save up some Hadron Enforcer button shots for this-to get to the super jackpot by sinking a ball in Groot. Had a 400 million plus CBMB this morning.
Still a couple things to work out on this, as if there are any balls in the scoop at the time the timer runs out- the game does not know where the ball is and will only eject on a ball search. This has happened 3 times so far.
Still an fun MB , and looking forward to watching someone else play it, as there is too much going on with all 6 balls on the playfield to enjoy the animations on the display.

This tactic will be soul crushing if achievable in Tournament or league play

#1561 2 years ago

This tactic will be soul crushing if achievable in Tournament or league play

May god have mercy on your soul.

#1562 2 years ago

I rated this way low because it sucked bad. Now it's tolerable. This is the code it should have shipped with. The other code was horrible. It's now a very okay game, but that's saying a lot.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I rated this way low because it sucked bad. Now it's tolerable. This is the code it should have shipped with. The other code was horrible. It's now a very okay game, but that's saying a lot.

That's good to hear, especially from you as you have been one of GOTG's biggest critics on here. I love the way GOTG looks and shoots, it just needed some solid code....looking forward to trying it, it's been on & off my wishlist 3 or 4 times!

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Great to hear. You honesty about the game has been greatly appreciated. My wife could not really get in to the game either. We updated the code yesterday morning and she has played the game more in one day than the last 2 months. Orb multiball is the way to score points. I just scored 700 million on orb multiball alone. I have no idea how I did it. I did have 4 x playfield multiplyer and 2 x orb shot multiplyer. The code update is huge, not much has stayed the same. Much better, still a way to go.

#1565 2 years ago

Awesome. Updating tonight !

#1566 2 years ago

Just had another CBMB, and game acts the same if there is a ball in Groot. At least a 7-10 second delay after time runs out before a ball search to eject ball.Not a huge issue- just something that needs polishing.

#1567 2 years ago

I put a few hours on the game last night with the new code.

All I can say is, WOW, this game is f-ing awesome!!!!!! It plays like a brand new game. The modes, for the most part, feel completely different from one another. Cherry bomb multiball is amazing...love needing to hit the groot mouth for the jackpot while it’s moving.

Still a few bugs still in the code. Nothing that a future update won’t fix, like the timers running when they should be paused. Still only at .90. I’m not the biggest Lonnie fan, but I can see this game ending up as his best coded game ever...and from what I can see, it already has a lot going for it.

I can finally say with 100% certainty that I’m very happy purchasing the LE.

#1568 2 years ago

More feedback on the new code please! I'm thinking of buying a NIB

#1569 2 years ago

Confirmed that the weird "dancing" 1234567890 scores for players 2-4 bug still exists in .90. The modes are definitely easier to complete in general and Cherry Bomb multi-ball is therefore pretty achievable as well, the Super Jackpot in that mode is huge (I had something like 104M just for that). As others have reported there is a bug that it doesn't recognize a ball is in the scoop when CB multi-ball ends and requires a ball search to clear it out. I love that the Upgrade shot is now actually worth shooting for inside modes and that there is more variety in the shot selection required. One thing I found weird is that in the Yaka Arrow mode, which is now a "pops centric" mode counts each shot to the pops as a single shot, when I think of a pops centric mode I think of modes where you need a certain number of actual pop bumper hits (save Timmy in JP comes to mind), but here it's really more of a outer loop mode because that's what you really have to hit to get to the pops unless you're lucky enough to sneak one through between groot and the back of the org. This is still a pretty hard mode to complete because of the short timer and how long the ball tends to stay in the pops once there.

Edit: I noticed that Yaka Arrow 2 is a more traditional # of pops mode.

#1570 2 years ago

Its really good on the new code.I was thinking of returning my machine which had some issues and maybe getting another title, but I am sticking with it till its done.

Can’t comment on cherry bomb MB yet, but I almost got there, but I have mode start at launch set to off, makes it harder to start/complete enough modes,but you can stack one in to MB just before starting that up.

You can also see previous mode attempt progress, very helpfull to choose . And all modes/upgrades are better balanced, not endless, and once on the mode level 2 you can cash the big shots, or end it at the scoop. Would be nice if a “ continue “ or “next mode” option was set up for the scoop .

All in all, very enjoyable game right now

#1571 2 years ago

Whoever is interested to rip off Groot‘s arms and send them to me: Let me know and I‘m sure we’ll agree on a price! Thx, Lars (Pro-Bitch)

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Whoever is interested to rip off Groot‘s arms and send them to me: Let me know and I‘m sure we’ll agree on a price! Thx, Lars (Pro-Bitch)

The Pro doesn't have a place to attach them.

Although when I was inspecting the Pro, it does seem that adding cosmetic spinners would be easy.

#1573 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Although when I was inspecting the Pro, it does seem that adding cosmetic spinners would be easy.</blockquotr

Dunno whether there’s a difference between Pro and LE...really man?

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Although when I was inspecting the Pro, it does seem that adding cosmetic spinners would be easy.

Maybe to the sides of the backbox, like it's trying to grab you?

#1575 2 years ago

Really what?

#1576 2 years ago

Didn’t know that there’s a difference between pro and LE in a way that leads to an attachment problem. The arms aren’t attached to the ramps? Really impossible to install LE arms on a pro? I expected it to be a 5 minutes job frankly speaking

#1577 2 years ago

There are aftermarket groot arms being made. I saw them at TPF in a vendors booth.

#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

There are aftermarket groot arms being made. I saw them at TPF in a vendors booth.

Hopefully that don't block the player's view of the ramps.

#1579 2 years ago

Got a nice award from the Mystery scoop today-Light Special.This was a first. I thought that I had read all the revisions in the update, but must have missed it. I have always wondered what shots were required to light the Special,and had chased in vain to light all the multipliers.
Does anyone what shots are needed to light the special?

#1580 2 years ago

I played my friends pro last night...what a great update. I could not get enough. There is something going on with the code when groot or orb multiball starts...I reversed my hand for a quick second, flippers felt reversed, I did it multiple times...weird. I dreamed about the game all night, it has been a big change. Has me on the fence now....

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hopefully that don't block the player's view of the ramps.

Wouldn't this be a pretty easy mod to make (to resolve the insert blocked from view by Groot's arm) for those with Prem's and LE's? Take an insert of the same shape/color as the one that's blocked from view. Make a small bracket to put the insert on top of and an LED underneath, and then mount (with some double-sided tape?) to Groot's wrist and run the wire down to the actual insert that is blocked from view. I'm sure someone can make it look a lot nicer than the basic idea I just described. Mezel? Seems like a must-have mod.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Wouldn't this be a pretty easy mod to make (to resolve the insert blocked from view by Groot's arm) for those with Prem's and LE's? Take an insert of the same shape/color as the one that's blocked from view. Make a small bracket to put the insert on top of and an LED underneath, and then mount (with some double-sided tape?) to Groot's wrist and run the wire down to the actual insert that is blocked from view. I'm sure someone can make it look a lot nicer than the basic idea I just described. Mezel? Seems like a must-have mod.

For me, it was just that they block my view of the shots to some extent, not just the insert.

My first reaction was how cool they look.....but it wore away when playing the game. Others don't feel that's an issue. I think it's just a matter of preference.

#1583 2 years ago

Has anyone else managed to get three balls stuck on the single magnet in the Pro version? Happened to me last night during a Multiball, for a second or two, was kind of a treat. Doubt I'll ever have that happen again.

#1584 2 years ago

If anyone is selling a Premium or LE, let me know, might be interested if the new code really is that much better

#1585 2 years ago

What a rush! Just put up my best of 405,000,000. Kind of had an idea (but really winging it) on a strategy.

I think I started with Quill's Quest (2 ball multi) hit the shots and used the Hadron to complete the mode. I think I did the Shop Owner and used the help of Groot Multiball to complete. Got the extra ball when credit for 2 modes. Think I did Sanctuary next because it only needed 5 shots. Realized I needed to complete another mode to get to Cherry Bomb Multiball, so I went with Rocket's mode so I could use the rollover lanes.

I know I had an Orb Multiball in there somewhere helping me complete one of the modes with either shots or the Hadron, but needed the last shot because the Hadron won't collect the last shot in the mode. Hit the Rocket kickback to complete. Saw that beautiful red arrow indicating Cherry Bomb Multiball was ready. Choked on my last ball, but with ball save, I dropped it in the pit. Cherry Bomb was awesome! 6 balls on a timed multi. Hit the Hadron amidst the chaos to collect as many jackpots as possible.

I was happy with 0.87 and getting used to it, but Wow, Stern! Thanks for the update. Don't stop now!

#1586 2 years ago

It's simply an incredible update. It's not even the same game I owned before the update. I'm not good enough to get to Save Xandar, so on .87 I didn't worry about completing modes...just qualifying them. At least that way I could go for Immolation (never got there though). CBMB is an amazing addition. It now creates an incentive for completing modes. And it's a lucrative incentive, as I collected over 100M on the only CBMB I got to. In Groot, having modes already completed adds other high value shots as well.

And I think the mode changes create an increase in strategy as well regarding MB stacking. Some of the modes have been shortened, so they don't need a MB to help. Pod Chase and Quill's take a lot of shots to complete. Putting Groot or Orb on top of those really makes them easier to finish.

Others have said it, but upgrade is worth something now. It's actually the first shot I go for in a new mode...points and the additional shots really make completing modes easier.

One thing I'm not sure of is the pros and cons of running in level 2 or shooting the scoop to start another mode. Are some level 2s better to keep going for points, or is it better to just start a new mode for progress? Comments?

The update didn't loosen up the shots, so it's still a BITCH!! But it sure is fun....

#1587 2 years ago

You should see how the Groot hands attach to the playfield in this video:

#1588 2 years ago

405 mil !?! Do you play on factory settings? Wow...

#1589 2 years ago

Anyone know Exactly what you need to qualify for cherry MB?

Ive had up to five modes(Inc MB’s) completed, but still no indicator as where to start it?

Maybe completing groot and orb dont count?

Thanks for any info.

#1590 2 years ago

I'd been out of pinball for 25+ years when I decided to bring in a few machines for my kids. They are fans of the GOTG movies, so I decided that would be the first purchase. I bought one NIB a few months ago, it certainly looked good (IMO), but frankly play was a little boring, and did not hold the interest of my kids. That all changed with this update. I've enjoyed playing it myself....when I can get on it.....my kids have played it daily, and for longer periods of time. The telling point for me was that my Son's iPad battery died because he was so busy playing the game every day he forgot to plug it in, and that has never happened in the past. Great update!

Jim

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

405 mil !?! Do you play on factory settings? Wow...

Factory settings with one exception... 8 balls (joking)! I only changed the ball save to 10 seconds. I do that on most games because my kids are young and guests are inexperienced. So yes, that score probably woulkd not have happened on true factory settings. I was usually around 15, 000,000 unless I had a great multiball which put me near the 75,000,000. What has been great/frustrating/challenging is ending up with a multiball and a final score of 25,000,000! Just keeps you coming back for more. I have yet to master the multiplier in GOTG and Star Wars...

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Anyone know Exactly what you need to qualify for cherry MB?

Ive had up to five modes(Inc MB’s) completed, but still no indicator as where to start it?

Maybe completing groot and orb dont count?

Thanks for any info

You need 4 completed modes. Groot and Orb do not count. Start CBMB by hitting the scoop.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

but here it's really more of a outer loop mode because that's what you really have to hit to get to the pops unless you're lucky enough to sneak one through between groot and the back of the org.

You can also get to the pops via locking a ball in Groot. Auto-plunge will shoot the next ball into the pops.

#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's simply an incredible update. It's not even the same game I owned before the update. I'm not good enough to get to Save Xandar.

Has anyone got to Save Xander? I assume that mode utilises the end "Dance Off" that would be pretty awesome with a load of purple flashing at the inserts once you take hold of the Infinity Stone and beat Ronan.

How is the overall video chorography/integration? On older code it just seemed to be randomly played video on loop from the movie.

Keep looking at pulling the trigger on GOTG, never been so on the fence over a game before, cmon Lonnie blow our minds!

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Searched the whole Internet...nothing
Eventually remember name of the company that offered them?

#1596 2 years ago

ater updating the code on my le i've a problem with the upper magnet.

after a few ball grabs from locking the ball into the orb the magnet gets very hot and doesn't grab it anymore.

when i go to the service menu it doesn't work too.

after cooling down the magnet works again for a little time.

so the questions is do i have a bad magnet or is there a bug in the new code?

#1597 2 years ago

I annihilated my previous high scores during a game last night. Most of these points came from an Orb Super Jackpot with rocket scoring and the orb shot double multipled as well as several other shots multiplied. Had already completed Cherry Bomb and Groot MB plus 6 modes completed. Really enjoying this game right now. Factory settings except for mode start at the scoop, not at ball launch.

20180331_161101 (resized).jpg

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

ater updating the code on my le i've a problem with the upper magnet.
after a few ball grabs from locking the ball into the orb the magnet gets very hot and doesn't grab it anymore.
when i go to the service menu it doesn't work too.
after cooling down the magnet works again for a little time.
so the questions is do i have a bad magnet or is there a bug in the new code?

Yes- I noticed the same thing, before the update, the ball would swirl and stop 90% of the time. Now it seems to just deflect the ball.

#1599 2 years ago

Played more last night and it’s so much better with the new code. Really looking forward to the next couple updates for this game. It has all the making for a great game theme, layout and now code is starting to get the polish it needs. It really plays like a totally new game.

The added feedback audio and lights when hitting shots feels so much better and satisfying. CBMB was a rush, great fun to get that going. The variations in the modes is great. Makes for much more strategy in which modes you pick when.

Along with the gameplay code improvements which are the most important I would still like the following.

Flipper idle buttons sfxs
When game is Idle play film clips like in SW (game seems dead when idle)
topper lights tide in during active gameplay.
More shaker integration, seems so light now
More magnet usage especially on Groot/Orb ball release

Going to play some more today, but really enjoying the game.

#1600 2 years ago

Anyone else have the ball get stuck under the Rocket plastic? Seems to be happening a lot for me. I printed this piece to prevent the problem from occurring in the future.

20180401_113745 (resized).jpg

20180401_115121 (resized).jpg

20180401_113624 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 4488 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside