IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2887 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 169.
#1451 5 years ago

I know people including myself no flipper problems at all id call chas at stern

#1452 5 years ago

Stern needs to have a return policy on a defected item, everywhere else you can do a return why not Stern ?
I’m happy to pay for return shipping rather than keep this turt.
Pinball is supposed to be fun ??!!

#1453 5 years ago

Can't wait for the code from TPF to be released - it looks SO much better!

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Can't wait for the code from TPF to be released - it looks SO much better!

Agreed, the Upgrade will finally be worth shooting for. I hope they do some additional music and audio cues too so that cleland can work some further magic on it. I'm really enjoying it on the .87 code so far, fun and challenging too.

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Stern needs to have a return policy on a defected item, everywhere else you can do a return why not Stern ?

Was this a squishy turd? Under your pillow? Was it huge? Maybe it was one of Drax's. After all, he has "famously huge turds"!

All kidding aside, good luck with getting your situation fixed. Never heard of them doing a refund. Maybe your distributor will or at least fix the issue then you can sell it. But I tell you, once it's running right, this game is a lot of fun.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just saw your for sale items. Is this the game you're getting rid of? I'd try @cleland's mod in a separate SD card while you wait for a buyer. Could change your mind... Or even justify a higher asking price.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

You seem very uneducated when it comes to pinball shit happens lift your playfeild check your connections see if the flipper shaft is binding it’s probably an easy fix
If all this fails to work call chas at stern pinball your still under warranty

#1458 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

You seem very uneducated when it comes to pinball shit happens lift your playfeild check your connections see if the flipper shaft is binding it’s probably an easy fix

Sorry, but this is NOT mechanical. It is an issue with code (or more likely a combination of the shitty spike system and code). Intermittent weak flippers are a known problem with GOTG and KISS and per communication with a junior software guy at TPF, they have apparently identified an issue with Lonnie games (possibly others?) and how he was sending packets of info through the bus/node system that is a huge fail (too much data cause lose off data; people are seeing it throughout).

I spent countless hours troubleshoot with Chas and on my own. Fully swapping multiple node boards, trial and error of unplugging feature boards and GI in sequence, and in general tons of wasted time.

Honestly, pretty Fing pissed that I only hear the real issue form talking with a code guy at TPF and they did not even reach out immediately when they figured out that that screwed up the code/spike system.
They need to drop this code ASAP and communicate with their customers.

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but this is NOT mechanical. It is an issue with code (or more likely a combination of the shitty spike system and code). Intermittent weak flippers are a known problem with GOTG and KISS and per communication with a junior software guy at TPF, they have apparently identified an issue with Lonnie games (possibly others?) and how he was sending packets of info through the bus/node system that is a huge fail (too much data cause lose off data; people are seeing it throughout).
I spent countless hours troubleshoot with Chas and on my own. Fully swapping multiple node boards, trial and error of unplugging feature boards and GI in sequence, and in general tons of wasted time.
Honestly, pretty Fing pissed that I only hear the real issue form talking with a code guy at TPF and they did not even reach out immediately when they figured out that that screwed up the code/spike system.

Know body i know is having flipper problems at all

#1460 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Been doing pinball for 15 years and sure know a thing or two but like the next poster said
It’s Nothing mechanical
And why should it be my responsibility to solve it. Of course I contacted my distr & stern but nothing to solve it
So I have a unplayable game that cost $7k
I should be able to return this or go with a Lemon law maybe

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

or go with a Lemon law maybe

I don't believe pinball has a lemon law.

LTG : )

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Been doing pinball for 15 years and sure know a thing or two but like the next poster said
It’s Nothing mechanical
And why should it be my responsibility to solve it. Of course I contacted my distr & stern but nothing to solve it

This is not the right hobby for you. Perhaps stamp collecting?

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did you ever stop and think that maybe they just dont want to talk to you?

#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

This is not the right hobby for you. Perhaps stamp collecting?

Funny , I do collect stamps
I collect pinball machines
I also collect cars

Got it all covered

#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s Nothing mechanical

I think if you are patient that Chaz will help you get your issues resolved. Pinball can be complicated and frustrating, just work with Chaz and be patient for real.

#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s Nothing mechanical

It sounds like your game is having much worse problems than most others if it is unplayable. I've played about 6 different GOTGs and have had a pro for about two weeks, with all of them the problem is pretty random and more frustrating than crippling. I certainly want to see them fix it ASAP but at least it sounds like they know what the problem is and are working on it. If your game is that much worse I would also suggest you call them and try to get resolution but I wouldn't expect them to take the game back, it just doesn't happen in pinball.

#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Did you ever stop and think that maybe they just dont want to talk to you?

I am a customer and in the case of Stern a better customer than you and many other based on money spent, advertising for them, and selling their games to the general public. If there is anyone they should be talking to or following up with, it is a customer with and open case for this exact defect. You surely dont win more customers by lack of communication with your current customers.

A simple email to say "hey, we are really sorry we had you jumping though hoops the past month troubleshooting and telling you it had to be mechanical. We just found a bug in the code packaging of GOTG and it impacts the game by potentially causing intermittent weak flippers. We will fix this in the next installment and since your game appears to be one that is more greatly impacted with this symptom, would you mind helping us and trying a quick beta patch to see if it fixes your issue?"

Talk about and easy easy way to help turn a detractor of your product into someone more vested and able to honestly say you have good customer service.

2 min of effort on their behalf would have gone a very long way.

Instead, the last conversation I had with Chas when actively troubleshooting on location, was that it was 5pm and he needed to leave for the day. Customer service actually on the phone and mid troubleshooting where I am providing them information to help them fix the root cause, and they are done for the day... WTF is that.

Take home message, Stern service department could not stay on the line for 2 more minutes to help a loyal customer troubleshoot a problem (that ended up being beyond technical fix anyway).

#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am a customer and in the case of Stern a better customer than you and many other based on money spent, advertising for them, and selling their games to the general public. If there is anyone they should be talking to or following up with, it is a customer with and open case for this exact defect. You surely dont win more customers by lack of communication with your current customers.
A simple email to say "hey, we are really sorry we had you jumping though hoops the past month troubleshooting and telling you it had to be mechanical. We just found a bug in the code packaging of GOTG and it impacts the game by potentially causing intermittent weak flippers. We will fix this in the next installment and since your game appears to be one that is more greatly impacted with this symptom, would you mind helping us and trying a quick beta patch to see if it fixes your issue?"
Talk about and easy easy way to help turn a detractor of your product into someone more vested and able to honestly say you have good customer service.
2 min of effort on their behalf would have gone a very long way.
Instead, the last conversation I had with Chas when actively troubleshooting on location, was that it was 5pm and he needed to leave for the day. Customer service actually on the phone and mid troubleshooting where I am providing them information to help them fix the root cause, and they are done for the day... WTF is that.
Take home message, Stern service department could not stay on the line for 2 more minutes to help a loyal customer troubleshoot a problem (that ended up being beyond technical fix anyway).

Just because you buy alot of games, that doesnt make you a great customer. I cant even say what i want to say because i will get moderated but i think you know how you are. Kaneda even wore a hoodie about you at TPF because of how you are.

#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just because you buy alot of games, that doesnt make you a great customer. I cant even say what i want to say because i will get moderated but i think you know how you are. Kaneda even wore a hoodie about you at TPF because of how you are.

go ahead... say it..

I am opinionated and tell it like it is. Stern F'd up on this one. The shipped the game with code so pathetic all owners could do is laugh rather than cry. Then they have issues with intermittent weak flippers and have fan boys like you that dont even know how to wrench on a game tell people with decades of repair experience that it must be mechanical. Stern admits in private that they have found a bug and yet still the fanbois are defending that it must be mechanical (even if it was mechanical, you miss the point that it is not acceptable to have mechanical issues on a game with less than 500 plays)

Your buddy wore a hoodie in Texas for shameless self promotion. I did not see all the details of it, but appeared he copy/pasted a quote from me from over 3+ years ago. Pretty funny that he is a marketing guru and that is the best he could come up with. Little turd asked me to sign it for him and when I told him no, he shrank away into the ether. Pretty funny to me that you identify with him...

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The shipped the game with code so pathetic all owners could do is laugh rather than cry.

Stop blindly buying games on day one and you wont have to worry about bad code.

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stop blindly buying games on day one and you wont have to worry about bad code.

remind me why you are in this thread again? This is the "owners" thread in case you missed.

Go buy the game and then you can come back to defend it more...

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

remind me why you are in this thread again? This is the "owners" thread in case you missed.
Go buy the game and then you can come back to defend it more...

Well im not here to argue with a crybaby and ruin this thread thats for sure, so im going to stop now.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well im not here to argue with a crybaby and ruin this thread thats for sure, so im going to stop now.

Good!

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s Nothing mechanical

Too right, wether its a coffee machine, a tv or pinball, and its faulty due to a manufacturing issue, you should be able to return. Would make for a better qc innthe first place

My distributor was not overly happy about it, but after my SW had a cpu failure, and my Gotg is also going haywire after 5 days intermittently, he offered to take it back after i said the Spike system doesnt make me feel comfortable in the long run.

This act gives me faith in him, not in future out of warranty support from stern should I need it

#1475 5 years ago

Here comes whysnow to ruin this thread.

Thanks a lot.

Please stay as far away from Pinfest as possible. I don’t want that ruined too.

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Maybe you should mention in your ad that you are having problems with the flippers. I would still keep the turd part out.

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Maybe you should mention in your ad that you are having problems with the flippers. I would still keep the turd part out.

Your right , bad choice of words
It’s just my emotions speaking

After a week of hard work trying to relax and play some pinball that you can’t really enjoy playing due to the flipper issue
I get a bit constipated

#1478 5 years ago

I added mirror blades and clear titans to my Pro today.
They look great!

3FDD9E0D-2BE8-4403-A201-789C5EE89D90 (resized).jpeg3FDD9E0D-2BE8-4403-A201-789C5EE89D90 (resized).jpeg

BD7B439F-E4B7-4635-A4B4-1D62F9694C62 (resized).jpegBD7B439F-E4B7-4635-A4B4-1D62F9694C62 (resized).jpeg

7A74C585-9AD9-4F80-BEB3-1321255CCD29 (resized).jpeg7A74C585-9AD9-4F80-BEB3-1321255CCD29 (resized).jpeg

EE434B38-7510-4B69-AC27-1A249999182D (resized).jpegEE434B38-7510-4B69-AC27-1A249999182D (resized).jpeg

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I added mirror blades and clear titans to my Pro today.
They look great!

Damn that’s beautiful! Nice job dude!

#1480 5 years ago

where did you get your rocket flourescent plastic>?

#1481 5 years ago

Will be ordering the Pro this week!

Stern's flyer says the Pops are RGB on the Pro, but the matrix says no.

I've never bothered to check when I played it at Texas. Are the Pro's pops RGB?

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Will be ordering the Pro this week!
Stern's flyer says the Pops are RGB on the Pro, but the matrix says no.
I've never bothered to check when I played it at Texas. Are the Pro's pops RGB?

Negative, they are not RGB on the Pro.

#1483 5 years ago

I purchased my game from Mezel Mods and it was already installed. I do believe it’s available at Pinball Life.

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

After a week of hard work trying to relax and play some pinball that you can’t really enjoy playing due to the flipper issue

Hey rvdv, try removing the GI connector (CN15) from Node 8 and then play and see if it resolves the weak flipper or not. A bad bulb and/or socket is one cause of an intermittent weak flipper.

#1485 5 years ago

Damn, I saw 41 new posts since I last checked it on Saturday and thought the new code must have dropped. What was I thinking...

#1486 5 years ago

Pinball enthuisasts talk = posts. Doesn't mean we have to be talking about anything particularly meaningful. Social media is full of meaningless gibberish.

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Interesting bug occurred the other day when I started to play, had to power cycle to resolve it.

EDIT: Code version 0.87 and that was a gif file when I uploaded it.

I had the same thing happen

#1488 5 years ago

I haven't been to a pinball event since expo 2010 or so

But... Next time I go...

"I'm gonna wear a hoodie with this quote on it"

#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

where did you get your rocket flourescent plastic>?

We produce the orange fluorescent Rocket protectors and they are available at either MezelMods.com , ULEKstore.com or available from our store on Pinside.

#1490 5 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

We produce the orange fluorescent Rocket protectors and they are available at either MezelMods.com , ULEKstore.com or available from our store on Pinside.

They look great on my game!

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Your right , bad choice of words
It’s just my emotions speaking
I get a bit constipated

I get it. I reseated all my connections and mine got a lot better, but it went from limp to weak. It's no secret that I hate this game, but that's okay as the only other Stern I hate is NFL or Striker Extreme. I even like WWE much better and I like the GOTG theme.

Plus I'm not buying another Lonnie coded game ever again after this one.

I'm okay though as it may be another 10 years until I hate another release as much as this one.

So excited for GOTG to go and to get Iron Maiden.

#1492 5 years ago

Hopefully Gotg does not get left in the dust!!

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It's not at all. The new code at TPF was a huge update, and it wasn't even 1.0.

With the new programmers, it seems Lonnie will actually get time to complete a game for a change.

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It's not at all. The new code at TPF was a huge update, and it wasn't even 1.0.
With the new programmers, it seems Lonnie will actually get time to complete a game for a change.

I played it at TPF...

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I played it at TPF...

And your thoughts?

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

And your thoughts?

New Code was on the pro models and I have an LE. Not that it really matters. It is very loud in TPF with all the pins on so it is very hard to hear most pins you play. I did notice a few small adjustments to the animations like a radio and tape like in the movie. Played it one time and honestly nothing really stood out..
What ever the changes are i will upload when it is ready.. I will then follow that up with cleland sound mod ASAP as that Mod is the saving grace..

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Naw, I think this game will be getting some good updates moving forward. The next one should be a big one. That with the Clenland code updates and a great layout make for a fantastic game. I really enjoy mine and am looking forward to it getting better. What we should be doing is making sure we give the feedback needed when new code is out to make it even better.

#1498 5 years ago

Next update should really polish it out. I love the way the game shoots, just needs some balancing and better direction in modes. I'm eagerly awaiting to do my sound tweaks too

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

And your thoughts?

If you go to dead flip on twitch you will see vids of Jake Danger from TFP with GOTG the new code...

Here are a few pics I took from TPF with Jack Danger and Steve Ritchie battling each other on GOTG.. Pretty cool to witness great pinball!!!

3940634F-6192-4404-96A0-01A6747D92A3.jpeg3940634F-6192-4404-96A0-01A6747D92A3.jpeg

BAB355D0-DD3C-49C9-908C-C02FD8BDF049.jpegBAB355D0-DD3C-49C9-908C-C02FD8BDF049.jpeg

CDECBABF-C853-41D4-BB18-BA4AF9CCC867.jpegCDECBABF-C853-41D4-BB18-BA4AF9CCC867.jpeg

C3AC0867-BF3B-41A7-BB12-CBD45AB8D50A.jpegC3AC0867-BF3B-41A7-BB12-CBD45AB8D50A.jpeg

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Next update should really polish it out. I love the way the game shoots, just needs some balancing and better direction in modes. I'm eagerly awaiting to do my sound tweaks too

I hope you are right. We are really starting to like our LE. Stern came good and replaced our orb plastic so I am happy about that. The game looks and definitely has the goods to be one of Sterns best. Groots mouth and the orb are freaking awesome ideas. The three magnets under the playfield cause havock. I love it!

It is the code that determines if a game is great or not. This game is a perfect example of this. Come on Stern and Lonnie, make this game great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 169.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.