8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,567 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by colonel_caverne
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 478 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a (resized).jpg
b (resized).jpg
guardians-of-the-galaxy line-up (resized).jpg
20180714_192056 (resized).jpg
P_20180714_123748 (resized).jpg
P_20180714_123749 (resized).jpg
P_20180714_123951 (resized).jpg
P_20180714_124000 (resized).jpg
guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-target-illumination_large (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
WP_20180711_17_12_16_Pro (resized).jpg
Guardians card.jpg
Guardians card..jpg

There are 2568 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.
#1401 4 months ago

Looks great, but I think you need one more blue under the bottom plastic of the orb shot?

#1402 4 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

Looks great, but I think you need one more blue under the bottom plastic of the orb shot?

I agree. That is the plastic that broke on ours.

#1403 4 months ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

just not a fan of purchasing the entire set, they should sale just the ORB protector separate

Crazy! ANY plastic should be available without buying the whole set!

#1404 4 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sadly they are printed in sets.

If you have an easy break one, and sell it from the set. You end up with a lot of plastics you can't sell.

I wish they could identify easy break ones and make more of them in the set. Like when Williams started putting extra slingshot plastics in the goody bag.

LTG : )

#1405 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sadly they are printed in sets.
If you have an easy break one, and sell it from the set. You end up with a lot of plastics you can't sell.
I wish they could identify easy break ones and make more of them in the set. Like when Williams started putting extra slingshot plastics in the goody bag.
LTG : )

It is and always has been a stupid decision by the pinball manufacturers not to run sheets of only commonly broken plastics for those that have no use for a whole set of plastics for a fairly new game. They are the people that designed a vulnerable part on the games. The least the manufacturers could do is make it easier for people to buy a specific replacement plastic for their design defect. They could even make a profit by selling each individual plastic for around $15 while at the same time not making people pissed off as much about the crap quality design.

#1406 4 months ago

Had my first stuck ball last night, took me a while to find it but I knew one had bounced off the apron HARD when it was drilled by another ball from the Rocket shot.

Iseeyou (resized).jpg

#1407 4 months ago

Here is my thoughts on the current code (0.87) after probably 50 games

1) In earlier code it was pretty much just shoot Groot. I'm glad that the value of this multi ball is now decreased.

2) The strategy I find most enjoyable is to first start working on the modes, while doing that collect some Hadron Enforcers and shot multipliers trying to multiply the Orb shot first. Finally start a mode with a lot of shots (Escape from Kyln or Pod Chase), if possible start Rampage for 2x then start Orb MB. Every other shot in this mode needs to be the Orb and using some Hadron Enforcers helps to quickly collect these shots and light all the other shots. When this works these games are my best scores and the most fun.

3) I find that just shooting the Orb the whole game isn't a bad strategy for building up a score. The shot is easily made from either flipper an without the magnet on is pretty safe. This makes for boring play though, and makes me think the current scoring might now be too heavy on Orb MB.

4) I really wish there was more incentive for finishing the modes. Save Zandar and Immolation Initiative are incentives, but ones that aren't very achievable by someone of my skill level. I realize there are some super mode shots that have value but it would be better if these could carry over into the next mode (like on AS) or there could be a playfield multiplier after completing modes (like Kiss).

5) Seems easily to start Groot at the the wrong time (e.g. before the mode is started). Wish it could be deferred to add more balls or better scoring (similar to AS).

6) It is pointless to have "add time" as a mystery award when no mode is active.

#1408 4 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

hi cleland,

i had that too, but the whole plastic assembling gets to high and so the orb doesn‘t open any more.

i made all the plastics by myself.

#1409 4 months ago

Anyone at TPF get a chance to play the supposed soon to be released update code on GOTG?

#1410 4 months ago

Just an FYI jack is streaming GotG at TPF if you have questions or ideas for rules stop by and speak up.

He just played father Ritchie pretty cool.

Screenshot_2018-03-17-14-13-15 (resized).png

#1411 4 months ago

Trying out the new code @TPF

DF627BFC-5576-4B25-811F-8BFA5D5EE60F.jpeg

ACB119E6-BA54-4698-B8CF-E1D5997C6DA0.jpeg

EA90625A-1423-4F6F-B0FA-B51DA14E5166.jpeg

#1412 4 months ago

Looking to join the club on Monday. Pretty excited!

#1413 4 months ago
Quoted from Hasi:

hi cleland,
i had that too, but the whole plastic assembling gets to high and so the orb doesn‘t open any more.
i made all the plastic by myself.

Gotcha, it would work on the Pro I think though, I have about 5-6 mm clearance from the top plastic piece since the orb doesn't open.
Would you consider selling pieces and shipping to the US? Love how the pieces light up, nice job!

#1414 4 months ago

What was the code version at TPF, any notes of changes? Thanks

#1415 4 months ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Would love to know this too. Someone report please

#1416 4 months ago

Would love to know about the new code too! What changes?what is the new # .90? .92? When Dead Flip drops his video on YouTube will we find out? Did anyone see the twitch stream?

#1417 4 months ago

You can watch the video on Twitch already although no sound due to loud hall. I am curious about the callouts.

Some Notes:
1. Complete scoring overhaul.
2. 5 of 8 modes started on entire rules overhaul (seems much improved and varied)
3. Groot scoring lowered except after you complete a mode the associated shots are 5x
4. Rocket now works similar to Bell in AC/DC for double scoring and increasing during.
5. Orb multiball changed.
6. Upgrade now works and improves the shots available for the mode you are in.
7. Mini Wizard Mode - Cherry Bomb Multiball.

Sorry, i'm going off memory but it seemed like it is a complete overhaul and not incremental. You can finally see where it is going.

#1418 4 months ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I posted this in the stern of the union thread but wanted to paste here also as i know quite a few have noticed the weak flipper intermittent issue

Quoted from Whysnow:

Glad to hear they are finally going to document. I spent about 20 min speaking with a member of their team at TPF and he admitted that just recently they found a bug in Lonnie coded games which is causing the intermittent weak flipper issue. Sounds like it is due to the limitation of the pipeline for data flow and they are having to rework stuff, but said it was at least adressed in the most recent code that was on GOTG at the show. I hope they go back to kiss to fix this issue also.
Would also be a smart business move for them to publicly address this when they patch all his previous games.

#1419 4 months ago

The new code overhaul is exciting news on this game. GOTG could go from being a mediocre game to one of Sterns best ever and a must buy if the code becomes great. The theme is awesome, the John Borg playfield design is awesome as usual, and the artwork on the game is top notch as well. The only thing stopping this game from being a home run is the code and i have a feeling that is all getting ready to change! Give this game a good code and sales will skyrocket I guarantee it!

#1420 4 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Any idea what the price of the whole set of plastics costs for GOTG pro?

#1421 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The new code overhaul is exciting news on this game. GOTG could go from being a mediocre game to one of Sterns best ever and a must buy if the code becomes great. The theme is awesome, the John Borg playfield design is awesome as usual, and the artwork on the game is top notch as well. The only thing stopping this game from being a home run is the code and i have a feeling that is all getting ready to change! Give this game a good code and sales will skyrocket I guarantee it!

I hope they release it to us as mine is leaving soon.

#1422 4 months ago

It's here!

00000IMG_00000_BURST20180319165409582_COVER (resized).jpg

tmp_1521482039323 (resized).jpg

#1423 4 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

it seemed like it is a complete overhaul and not incremental. You can finally see where it is going.

Very cool news! I really enjoy this game and happy its getting good updates.

#1424 4 months ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

Any idea what the price of the whole set of plastics costs for GOTG pro?

Probably $180ish ... i recently had to buy a full set for TWD and I believe that was cost... dont recall if that included shipping.

#1425 4 months ago

I joined this weekend! Really glad to be here. Cleland code coming ASAP.

561165D1-F902-4522-B1B4-C45D297FD19F (resized).jpeg

#1426 4 months ago
Quoted from jp335i:

Probably $180ish ... i recently had to buy a full set for TWD and I believe that was cost... dont recall if that included shipping.

Wow, that's expensive. I guess I'll be investing in some protectors then.

#1427 3 months ago

Hi fellow owners,

Any of you experiencing huge airballs from the orb drop?

I dont dare take a shot from the left anymore, a right cradle backhand sends it up and over the flippers as is

Coil power set was always set to soft. I know stern drops usually settle down after 100 plus plays, not get worse over time. In about 250 games now. Its deadly risky like the GB Scolari brothers again

#1428 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I joined this weekend! Really glad to be here. Cleland code coming ASAP.

Congrats! Looking forward to the next code update.

#1429 3 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hi fellow owners,
I dont dare take a shot from the left anymore, a right cradle backhand sends it up and over the flippers as is
Coil power set was always set to soft. I know stern drops usually settle down after 100 plus plays, not get worse over time. In about 250 games now. Its deadly risky like the GB Scolari brothers again

Yep.. sometimes air ball back over the left flipper. We have bent the frame of the drop target forward and shortened the main spring of the drop target(3 rounds) and this helps a little. Some other Pinsiders shorten the springs even more.

Good Luck!

#1430 3 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Hi fellow owners,

Big time problem with air balls for the orb shot. Already broke the plastic and Stern sent me a replacement plastic and metal bracket to help the issue.

#1431 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yep.. sometimes air ball back over the left flipper. We have bent the frame of the drop target forward and shortened the main spring of the drop target(3 rounds) and this helps a little. Some other Pinsiders shorten the springs even more.
Good Luck!

Thx I will adjust things and report back !

#1432 3 months ago

Hello everyone!

I got some good play time on GOTG Pro and Premium at TPF, and I really like it! And with the sound mod that's out, my one gripe has been addressed.

I'm usually a Premium guy, but the Pro seems to do everything I need it to. The main Groot toy is exactly the same on both. The Premium arms are cool at first glace, but really just block the view. All have plastic ramps. The all RGB insert lights would be great, but as a previous Star Trek Premium owner, I know Stern doesn't do as much with them as they could.

Anyone else finding the Pro to be solid?

#1433 3 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hello everyone!
I got some good play time on GOTG Pro and Premium at TPF, and I really like it! And with the sound mod that's out, my one gripe has been addressed.
I'm usually a Premium guy, but the Pro seems to do everything I need it to. The main Groot toy is exactly the same on both. The Premium arms are cool at first glace, but really just block the view. All have plastic ramps. The all RGB insert lights would be great, but as a previous Star Trek Premium owner, I know Stern doesn't do as much with them as they could.

Pro is the way to go.

#1434 3 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hello everyone!

Unless you really plan on keeping the game a very long time I don't think the additional features for the Premium are worth it. I love full RGB but not willing to pony up that much extra $$ for it. The only other feature I know of is that the orb opens and closes on the Prem / LE and the artwork is different. For most titles I consider I lean premium or LE but for GOTG, which I don't think I'll keep forever, the Pro seemed like a better choice.

EDIT: I forgot the additional spinning magnets and the moving (recoil) Rocket figure.

EDIT x2: How did I forget the two spinners?? Shit, maybe the premium is worth it!

#1435 3 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hello everyone!

I purchased a pro at TPF this weekend.
I did do some comparing before making the decision. Excluding decorations the differences are:
Premium has two spinners in the orbits.
Premium has three under pf magnets to the Pro having one.
Premium has all insert RGB, Pro has shot arrows with RGB

The rest doesn't really change it for me
Rocket on a spring (aka goblin in spiderman)
RGB pop bumpers and GI
Groot hands

I'm very happy with the Pro. I will say that it's pretty cheap of Stern to omit the spinners, but that seems to be their way these days. Omitting a spinner will not be enough for me to cough up what they want for a Premium these days.

MSRP Pro $6199 , Prem $7899 , LE $8999

#1436 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I purchased a pro at TPF this weekend.
I did do some comparing before making the decision. Excluding decorations the differences are:
Premium has two spinners in the orbits.
Premium has three under pf magnets to the Pro having one.
Premium has all insert RGB, Pro has shot arrows with RGB
The rest doesn't really change it for me
Rocket on a spring (aka goblin in spiderman)
RGB pop bumpers and GI
Groot hands
I'm very happy with the Pro. I will say that it's pretty cheap of Stern to omit the spinners, but that seems to be their way these days. Omitting a spinner will not be enough for me to cough up what they want for a Premium these days.
MSRP Pro $6199 , Prem $7899 , LE $8999

Hopefully you didn't pay $6,199!! That's MSRP!

#1437 3 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hopefully you didn't pay $6,199!! That's MSRP!

Heck no, but the distro prices are moving up accordingly.

#1438 3 months ago

At 0:54 is Groot's mouth actually timed to say "I am Groot" something that I have been oblivious to or is that something we might see in future code?

Also around 2:09 with Rocket telling Groot not to eat the pinball. Don't think I've ever heard that.

#1439 3 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Heck no, but the distro prices are moving up accordingly.

$5,400 is what mine quoted me.

#1440 3 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Thx I will adjust things and report back !

Please do. I found about this issue the hard way with GBLE. A fellow Pinsider helped us cut and bend the springs. We video d until we got video of an air ball. What happens is the ball strikes the drop target, bends it back and then returns the drop target to its rest postion (up) before the spring has had time to pull the drop target down. This rebounds the ball upwards and that is what causes the air ball. We bought replacement springs before trying it out. The springs are quite difficult to bend and we broke a few before we started having success.

Off topic. We found with GBLE that when the ball was bouncing off the scholeri tagets it was hitting the metal return ramp and falling down on to the inserts (tobin, extra ball, storage facility multiball etc, etc). GBLE playfield ghosting issues were mostly reported in this area. Interesting!

#1441 3 months ago

My orb plastic is broke as well. And also ive never noticed groots mouth moving to say I AM GROOT either. Thats pretty cool.

also deadflip just posted his stream video on youtube of the new code. !!

#1442 3 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

My orb plastic is broke as well. And also ive never noticed groots mouth moving to say I AM GROOT either. Thats pretty cool.
» YouTube video

Make sure you have the latest software installed in your machine. email Stern with some photos and your issue. You live in the USA so Stern will look after you direct. Also let your distro know about your issue.

#1443 3 months ago

The new code sounds cool. Really looking forward to it. This game has potential. Mine kicks my butt.

One note on the voice actors. I had a group of non-pinheads over for a pinball night. A couple of them said how much they love the movie. A few days later I asked if they noticed that it wasn’t the original actors voices. They both said no and were surprised.

#1444 3 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

» YouTube video

I was half way through watching this when I had to go to work. Came back and it's gone.

#1445 3 months ago

Interesting bug occurred the other day when I started to play, had to power cycle to resolve it.

videobug (resized).png

EDIT: Code version 0.87 and that was a gif file when I uploaded it.

#1446 3 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I was half way through watching this when I had to go to work. Came back and it's gone.

Download Twitch or visit the website. Deadflip streams there and all the videos are there.

#1447 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Interesting bug occurred the other day when I started to play, had to power cycle to resolve it.

EDIT: That was a gif file when I uploaded it.

I saw that same bug with earlier code. What version are you running?

#1448 3 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I saw that same bug with earlier code. What version are you running?

Yeah, I should have included that in my post - it's the latest available 0.87.

#1449 3 months ago

This game is a turt
Left flipper keeps dying all over now

Any known fix ?
Anyone ever send a game back to Stern that’s still under warranty ?

#1450 3 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

This game is a turt
Left flipper keeps dying all over now
Any known fix ?
Anyone ever send a game back to Stern that’s still under warranty ?

Do you mean the flipper gets weak? If so it sounds like they've identified a code problem related to the spike bus on all Lonnie's games and they are working on a fix. I'm hoping we see that sooner rather than later!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.50
$ 8.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
5,699 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 26.50
$ 18.95
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.95
$ 11.99
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Parker, CO
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
BumperNets Inc
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
BumperNets Inc
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2568 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 52.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside