2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,493 posts
  • 453 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by izzy
  • Topic is favorited by 167 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,054 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0147 (resized).jpg
20200607_163010 (resized).jpg
20200607_163005 (resized).jpg
20200607_163005 (resized).jpg
3B9AB31C-4578-4241-AC2A-45C0E9E9B652 (resized).jpeg
135BF785-066E-4066-B744-118D06B2F212 (resized).jpeg
DA71653F-F51D-4004-BAF9-2C08CE21F805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9806 (resized).jpg
IMG_9807 (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpg
244869DB-3533-4F42-A7FA-E38865BEDD69 (resized).jpeg
D12185B7-0573-47BD-BCCC-4B3191EAEAD5 (resized).jpeg
FB7F3BD1-6036-4CB3-B1F3-4123C6E44473 (resized).png
DSC_0028.JPG
356874C8-AC4A-490D-8F59-1A221BE99C89 (resized).jpeg
2BD6A4D7-13FE-4DF9-A383-D5E27EAE8D8B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4493 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 90.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

As a minor sidebar, I'm curious what you think of Stern SW as you appear to own it as well. Given your somewhat brutal honesty with GOTG, I'm curious to hear your opinion of SW. It doesn't appear that you have reviewed it yet.

I thought SW was a 7.1 is game, but I keep playing it and it keeps getting better. SW is like Iron Man as it's hard as hell. I'd review it at an 8 right now.

On GOTG I just cannot get sucked in. I put up 500 mil the other night and was bored. On SW I have that I need to play another game feel. I'd absolutely recommend SW.

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well I love pinball and have bought all Stern NIB since 2012. Didn't love WWE, but it was no where as bad as GOTG. All the rest I gave solid 6.7 to 9 on reviews. This specific game is just horrible. It's so bad that I will never buy another Lonnie coded game ever.

Im not being a dick at all for real, but you have 36 games in your collection to play so why are you in such a big hurry to buy new games that you dont have a clue if they are any good or not? Why not wait six months or so and listen to what people are saying? You have plenty of games to play while you are waiting. I wont buy a game without doing my research on it and truthfully i really want to play before i buy. Id drive a hundred miles if i had to to play a game that i am thinking about purchasing.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well I love pinball and have bought all Stern NIB since 2012. Didn't love WWE, but it was no where as bad as GOTG. All the rest I gave solid 6.7 to 9 on reviews. This specific game is just horrible. It's so bad that I will never buy another Lonnie coded game ever.

Lonnie games have great base code, the problem is they never get finished or polished in the same way Lyman games do.

KISS, AS, and GOTG could be superb with various changes and polish. These 3 games all have the same base code anyway.

I wouldn't buy a Lonnie game again on the basis they just don't get the polish that other games get.

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not being a dick at all for real, but you have 36 games in your collection to play so why are you in such a big hurry to buy new games that you dont have a clue if they are any good or not? Why not wait six months or so and listen to what people are saying? You have plenty of games to play while you are waiting. I wont buy a game without doing my research on it and truthfully i really want to play before i buy. Id drive a hundred miles if i had to to play a game that i am thinking about purchasing.

I guess they are kinda like video games for me and I get bored quickly, but come back to the ones I like. Each game I own follows a similar trend play it everyday for x days and then play it about monthly. At times I'll go back to a game for a week or two before I get bored again.

The downside is I have not come close to mastering several of my games

#1355 2 years ago

Can someone help me out with my GOTG? Is Groot's mouth supposed to move during attract mode? It moves a tiny amount at seemingly random times on my machine and I'm not sure if that's a glitch or by design. It moves maybe once a minute and it's kind of annoying, since the motor is kinda loud, plus it makes me think there is something wrong with my machine.

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I guess they are kinda like video games for me and I get bored quickly, but come back to the ones I like. Each game I own follows a similar trend play it everyday for x days and then play it about monthly. At times I'll go back to a game for a week or two before I get bored again.
The downside is I have not come close to mastering several of my games

Right, thats what i was thinking. I was thinking you could work on getting deeper into your other games while waiting to see if the newest games are fun or not. GOTG is off to a rough start but the game is beautiful and full of good shots. I think i would almost give it more time and see if the code matures. I still have a feeling that GOTG will be a good game in time. I would play my other games and leave it sit for another 6 months and see where the game isat then.

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Can someone help me out with my GOTG? Is Groot's mouth supposed to move during attract mode? It moves a tiny amount at seemingly random times on my machine and I'm not sure if that's a glitch or by design. It moves maybe once a minute and it's kind of annoying, since the motor is kinda loud, plus it makes me think there is something wrong with my machine.

Not sure I will take a look later today..

I do not recall Groot mouth moving in attract mode.

#1359 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Right, thats what i was thinking. I was thinking you could work on getting deeper into your other games while waiting to see if the newest games are fun or not. GOTG is off to a rough start but the game is beautiful and full of good shots. I think i would almost give it more time and see if the code matures. I still have a feeling that GOTG will be a good game in time. I would play my other games and leave it sit for another 6 months and see where the game isat then.

Agreed who-dey the Stern code is not perfect at this point. But Stern is supposed Preview a significant code update at the TPF festival this week with the release to follow shortly after. Hopefully this code update continues to this game in the right direction.

I would have to say thanks to cleland and all his hard work on his V2 .87 code mod has saved this game and brought new life to it.

I will be at TPF and will update on the progress..

#1360 2 years ago

Looking forward to next code update.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not sure I will take a look later today..
I do not recall Groot mouth moving in attract mode.

Cool, thanks! It took me a while to notice it, the sound is more apparent than the movement, at first I thought it was just static sound from the speakers, then I noticed his mouth moving slightly. Code updates have not changed it either.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay, you just lost all credibility with me by claiming it's worse than WWE!

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would have to say thanks to cleland and all his hard work on his V .87 code mod has saved this game and brought new life to it.

Amen to that!

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I believe he was talking about the initial code, and not the overall game.

#1365 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

WWE started awful but is actually really quite good now. There's a lot going on most people dont realize in the most recent code.

#1366 2 years ago

I really want to replace /modify the sight blocking flasher flaps over the outlanes asap, so I have the new right ramp almost ready, and the left is coming along shortly.

What are your thoughts , improvement or wasted time ?

31B112DF-B9C3-4BCE-B06D-06DB8C8BEDE0 (resized).jpeg

BC2BEF1E-489A-45E0-94CA-263F9BBBE2E7 (resized).jpeg

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I really want to replace /modify the sight blocking flasher flaps over the outlanes asap, so I have the new right ramp almost ready, and the left is coming along shortly.

Hard to tell until installed........

I usually prefer wireform ramps myself as the plastic ones show age & dirt, but the ones on GOTG don't bother me that much.....

#1368 2 years ago

I was worried initially about the flasher plastics obstructing my view but it has been a non-issue for me.

#1369 2 years ago

Cool, thanks! It took me a while to notice it, the sound is more apparent than the movement, at first I thought it was just static sound from the speakers, then I noticed his mouth moving slightly. Code updates have not changed it either.

No movement of the Groot mouth on mine. His mouth stays open no noises.

BA03CDAB-B72D-473C-8CEB-E558CF072884.jpeg

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I prefer wireforms to plastic ramps but don't know that I feel strongly enough about it to replace them. Also I assume the start of the ramp would still need to be plastic so at some point you would need to cut the stock ramp to install wire ramps. For me the flasher/flaps don't block the outlanes at all. Not sure how this would be an issue unless you lean way over the play field.

#1371 2 years ago

They’re not bad on this game the plastics, but I just love to make m anyhow..

These wil mount/attach to the existing plastic ends that stick out of the backboard, fully reversibel, factory look but Custom.

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Bricarus:

How is the feed coming down from the right orbit for you guys? Mine usually hits the top of the slingshot and it either bounces to the left flipper, or, it tries to go down the middle. I loose a lot of balls just from this. Does yours safely feed the right flipper every time? Mine is a fight to save the ball each time.
Btw, I haven't noticed any flipper strength issues before or after the last code patch. Mine seems good on that.

I have been experimenting with changing rubbers on my game. I put Titans on everything about a month ago,and have been happy with everything except the post sleeves. They had worn through in less than a week.However I love the action that these sleeves give to the post in the Orb area- almost every time the ball is caught by the magnet with a nice swirl. With the original post sleeve-about 3 out of 4 releases from the Orb would be deflected by the magnet to the left outlane.

The original rubbers and Titan rubbers on the slingshot made the ball from the right orbit stay true so that I could catch the ball with the right flipper or let it bounce to the left. The slingshot rubbers have worn through and I just replaced with white rubbers, they seem just a little larger in diameter- this does have an effect on the path of the ball now as it travels down the right orbit- it hits the right slingshot about 3/4 of the way up the slingshot and either drains or bounces to the left flipper.I think I will put the original black rubbers back on the slingshots.

#1373 2 years ago

Hey Guys,

We broke our main orb plastic. Our distro has informed us that this is not covered under warranty and single plastics are not available, and we would need to buy the complete kit. We can repair it however would prefer a new one. I would highly recommend getting the plastic protectors for orb and Rocket (pinball life) for this game.

20180309_125112 (resized).jpg

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Guys,
We broke our main orb plastic. Our distro has informed us that this is not covered under warranty and single plastics are not available, and we would need to buy the complete kit. We can repair it however would prefer a new one. I would highly recommend getting the plastic protectors for orb and Rocket (pinball life) for this game.

I'd contact Stern directly, as Stern now makes a metal protector for this with the numerous reports of breakages.

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I'd contact Stern directly, as Stern now makes a metal protector for this with the numerous reports of breakages.

We have logged twice to Stern direct with no response yet. Our machine has the metal protector fitted before we plunged a ball. I will be happy if Stern replace the plastic. Lets see what happens.

#1376 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Cool thank you very much for looking at it. There must be something not right with my machine, I'm going to look it over again and then contact my distro. Thank you for the help!

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Hi,

Do you know what the part number is for that metal protector?

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi,
Do you know what the part number is for that metal protector?

Service bulletin attached.

Stern-SB191.pdf

#1379 2 years ago

Ah ok - got it - thx.

Not - this is not the area that broke in post #1373. Looks like his broke near the back near the bumper.

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ah ok - got it - thx.
Not - this is not the area that broke in post #1373. Looks like his broke near the back near the bumper.

Yep.. that is our machine with the broken plastic. Our broken plastic is the same plastic that breaks in the service bulletin. Ours broke behind the orb from the ball flying around everywhere. The rocket plastic will break next.

#1381 2 years ago

The Orb plastic will break anyway... With or without the metal bracket...

#1382 2 years ago

Yep.. that is our machine with the broken plastic. Our broken plastic is the same plastic that breaks in the service bulletin.

I believe it is the same plastic - but I am not sure how the service bulletin would address where you plastic broke?
Unless I can see it? just curious. thx.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I believe it is the same plastic - but I am not sure how the service bulletin would address where you plastic broke?
Unless I can see it? just curious. thx.

The service bulletin has nothing to do with where our plastic broke. That is a separate issue. Our plastic breaking is related to the ball flying around behind the orb. It just happens to be the same piece of plastic. Sometimes the ball gets stuck as per the photo. I posted so that if anyone is thinking about getting the protectors, I would recommend that you get them.

image2 (resized).JPG

#1384 2 years ago

The service bulletin has nothing to do with where our plastic broke. That is a separate issue. Our plastic breaking is related to the ball flying around behind the orb It just happens to be the same piece of plastic. Sometimes the ball gets stuck as per the photo. I posted so that if anyone is thinking about getting the protectors, I would recommend that you get them.

I would reach out to David from ULEK, assuming enough interest. Ask if he can make a "full protector" for that entire plastic front to rear, side to side, etc... for the orb. including protection for the front & attach at both front posts, basically match the stern plastic 100% + % the outer edge sticking out slightly. He owns this game (Pro) I believe should he will have access to R&D for this machine. He already has a rocket protector. He Custom made my Harley Davidson protectors & are just awesome (now available to all HD owners & pinsiders), Harley Davidson slings were guaranteed to break just like these GOTG's orb plastic

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I would reach out to David from ULEK, assuming enough interest. Ask if he can make a "full protector" for that entire plastic front to rear, side to side, etc... for the orb. including protection for the front & attach at both front posts, basically match the stern plastic 100% + % the outer edge sticking out slightly. He owns this game (Pro) I believe should he will have access to R&D for this machine. He already has a rocket protector. He Custom made my Harley Davidson protectors & are just awesome (now available to all HD owners & pinsiders), Harley Davidson slings were guaranteed to break just like these GOTG's orb plastic

Thanks very much for that. Starting an account now! There is already an orb plastic protector available!

#1386 2 years ago

Service bulletin attached.

This is needed for sure, I already broke the plastic one at Pinball Life in under 10 games.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4814

Stern's is not very good looking, but I'm afraid that Orb plastic will break as I get so many airballs from that shot. I've stopped playing my game until I get this and the Scoop Protector that's now on games shipping. Contacted my awesome distributer, so I'm sure I'll be taken care of.

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is needed for sure, I already broke the plastic one at Pinball Life in under 10 games.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4814
Stern's is not very good looking, but I'm afraid that Orb plastic will break as I get so many airballs from that shot. I've stopped playing my game until I get this and the Scoop Protector that's now on games shipping. Contacted my awesome distributer, so I'm sure I'll be taken care of.

We have been patiently waiting for a fix from Stern. It is frustrating and disappointing that we have a new game and small issues make us reluctant to play the machine. We are starting to really like the game. We reported the issue to Stern over a month ago. We are not the only ones and this issue affects all the models.

#1388 2 years ago

Thanks very much for that. Starting an account now! There is already an orb plastic protector available!

yeah, I believe little shop of games, meh... looks limited and no pics of it mounted on the machine. ULEK's quality is top notch, I have had many protectors few meet my specs esp on my GB's and STLE, I always end up reaching out to ULEK for his stuff.

Does anyone have these little shop of games protectors installed on their GOTG?

Looking at your broken pic, I can clearly see where some reinforcement is needed badly.

#1389 2 years ago

We have been patiently waiting for a fix from Stern. It is frustrating and disappointing that we have a new game and small issues make us reluctant to play the machine. We are starting to really like the game. We reported the issue to Stern over a month ago. We are not the only ones and this issue affects all the models.

Where yours broke in the back is crazy. It doesn't even look like the ball can make contact back there. Do you think it broke from pop bumper action or airball?
I agree an entire protector would best. My Pro is an early version without the metal Orb piece or scoop protector. I have all other protectors in place.

#1390 2 years ago

Does anyone have these mounted little shop of games installed on their GOTG?

Do you have a link?

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Do you have a link?

are you asking where to buy them?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1114-little-shop-of-games/01399-glowing-guardians-of-the-galaxy-6-part-plastic-protector-set

just not a fan of purchasing the entire set, they should sale just the ORB protector separate, seems to take a beating for all your guys pics, so far glad I skipped on this pin but I feel your pain, as stated my HD slings take a beating too. but man I love those GOTG's RGB's

#1392 2 years ago

are you asking where to buy them?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1114-little-shop-of-games/01399-glowing-guardians-of-the-galaxy-6-part-plastic-protector-set
just not a fan of purchasing the entire set, they should sale just the ORB protector separate, seems to take a beating for all your guys pics, so far glad I skipped on this pin but I feel your pain, as stated my HD slings take a beating too. but man I love those GOTG's RGB's

Thanks, and yes they should sell only the Orb one separately as I already have the other ones and don't need a whole set.

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Where yours broke in the back is crazy. It doesn't even look like the ball can make contact back there. Do you think it broke from pop bumper action or airball?
I agree an entire protector would best. My Pro is an early version without the metal Orb piece or scoop protector. I have all other protectors in place.

I am fairly sure our orb plastic broke from an air ball. I sat the broken plastic where is should be and the only way for it to be hit is with an air ball. I think air balls have to hit just in the right place a few times to break it. I am not sure where the air balls are coming from yet. I think the right post on the left ramp could be the culprit, or the wire form under rocket.

As camcamaro1991 let us know, I have sent an email to ULEK to see if they have a solution. We only have around 250 games on our machine.

#1394 2 years ago

I just looked and my Orb Plastic #12 is indeed broken at the left front post mount and I have less than 50 games on mine. Please do report back about a protector from ULEK. I have reached out to my distributer to see what Stern will offer as far as replacement. I can't believe they don't test this out more.
Seems like shipping with a protector would make more sense than sending out replacements.

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Maybe your Groot mech isn't triggering the microswitch when in the open position. Lift the playfield and take a look. Might be a 30 second fix with a small adjustment to the switch arm.

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I just looked and my Orb Plastic #12 is indeed broken at the left front post mount and I have less than 50 games on mine. Please do report back about a protector from ULEK. I have reached out to my distributer to see what Stern will offer as far as replacement. I can't believe they don't test this out more.
Seems like shipping with a protector would make more sense than sending out replacements.

I will post an update when we get one from ULEK. Hopefully your distro will help you out with a new plastic. Our distro offered to repair our one for free. Pointless if it is going to break in the same spot again.

#1397 2 years ago

Cool thank you very much for looking at it. There must be something not right with my machine, I'm going to look it over again and then contact my distro. Thank you for the help!

No worries, and good luck. Just a suggestion but maybe reloading the .87 code?? Just a suggestion~You never know..?

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Maybe your Groot mech isn't triggering the microswitch when in the open position. Lift the playfield and take a look. Might be a 30 second fix with a small adjustment to the switch arm.

Thanks for the help but I Was answering a question for a fellow pinsider in regards to attract mode Groot mouth movements.. Mine is fine.. Good looking out !!!!

#1399 2 years ago

Looks perfect & covers the plastics!

0F73C4E2-DE40-4C3E-864E-603EDA87C883 (resized).jpeg

243CB886-177F-431D-BAC9-2585D0AE7715 (resized).jpeg

E3737388-E984-4F22-8C06-7ECE33CE3EDC (resized).jpeg

AF941385-A4D4-4F84-9852-9CF9A8E3F75E (resized).jpeg

9C06A150-D620-4D95-8869-2623049566E8 (resized).jpeg

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Looks perfect & covers the plastics!

That looks great! Could you please let us know where did you get the protectors from?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
There are 4493 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside