IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 170.
#1301 6 years ago

Sooo... is anyone else having this issue?
A few days ago I uploaded the new code and ever since then... my LCD screen/video can hardly be seen.
I can still hear the video and call-out just fine but the video itself is extremely pixelated.

GotG Video Display (resized).jpgGotG Video Display (resized).jpg

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

cocomonkeh- I had this issue when I first got my game-see post #278. A simple washer installed cured my issue completely.

I did this and spoke to stern about another issue so I THINK I have it working now. Cross your fingers.

#1303 6 years ago

I noticed that my screen created this square box in the picture towards the side and am wondering if my LCF screen is going to break. Resetting the game fixes it, but it still concerns me. Thanks everyone.

0CFCB549-0D18-4070-ACBD-F4754712BE11 (resized).jpeg0CFCB549-0D18-4070-ACBD-F4754712BE11 (resized).jpeg

#1304 6 years ago

Happened to me too a few days ago.

996901C5-99D0-4D15-896C-01BF2F55A927 (resized).jpeg996901C5-99D0-4D15-896C-01BF2F55A927 (resized).jpeg

#1305 6 years ago

So like months ago I noticed a small screw fall out during play, immediately stoppped and tried to see where they came from.

A week ago another one... still couldn’t figure it out, figured it was out during shipping.. than last night another so I found 3 of the 4 that good that plastic piece , underneath the screws must of fell out or loosened over time, im able to secure the one side I can reach that I didn’t circle red, I have no idea how I’m able to secure both back near the groot popper.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact stern or easy fix for a novice?

12088409-DC4A-4BA5-A4DA-51FA84165973 (resized).jpeg12088409-DC4A-4BA5-A4DA-51FA84165973 (resized).jpeg

#1306 6 years ago

I loosened up my ramp and used a right angled screwdriver to do those when I put my protector on that piece.

Quoted from Holden4:So like months ago I noticed a small screw fall out during play, immediately stoppped and tried to see where they came from.
A week ago another one... still couldn’t figure it out, figured it was out during shipping.. than last night another so I found 3 of the 4 that good that plastic piece , underneath the screws must of fell out or loosened over time, im able to secure the one side I can reach that I didn’t circle red, I have no idea how I’m able to secure both back near the groot popper.
Anyone else have this problem? Should I contact stern or easy fix for a novice?

#1307 6 years ago

I've had the game for a couple of months now and also do think the improved code has helped. Seems to be evolving and moving in a good direction. I probably will customize more songs, but have noticed that I don't hear Hooked on a Feeling much anymore? No mechanical issues, and the various adjustments and settings for flippers, launch, etc... have made it fun and easier for kids.

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Bristol:

Seems to be evolving and moving in a good direction.

yep, I agree. There is still lots of audio missing some switches you hit and hear nothing or get no feedback. Yondu shot for example when not in his mode or the left outlane switch when you loose a ball. Also there is no attract mode movies that play and zero flipper button idle sounds. The topper also needs code support as all the lights on the topper turn off when the game is in play, this seems broken or not coded. But yes it's going in a good direction, I just hope it gets the love it deserves as I love the theme and layout.

#1309 6 years ago

Not sure if anyone had this but flippers get very weak or don’t have power at all after intense flipping ??

#1310 6 years ago

I sold my pro over the weekend and cant say Im sad about it. Good luck to all the owners. Hopefully Stern makes this game a priority.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Not sure if anyone had this but flippers get very weak or don’t have power at all after intense flipping ??

yes, been and intermittent issue for us since day 1. Seems to be much worse with the most recent code update.

Stern keeps saying it is a single bad LED (either GI or controlled light) but you are now the 3rd person I have heard this from. I think it is a bigger issue with the spike system. I have noticed this on KISS also.

#1312 6 years ago

Shots are super tight on this game - right ramp, rocket .

Scoring a bit unbalanced.

That said had chance to play one that was next to POTC and SW.

It was the most fun of the 3 to play.

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Shots are super tight on this game - right ramp, rocket .
Scoring a bit unbalanced.
That said had chance to play one that was next to POTC and SW.
It was the most fun of the 3 to play.

GOTG is a fun shooting machine, it has some GREAT shots both short and long, all over the playfield. Played it in league last night, love that part of it and the way it looks. It's a beautiful pin!

...but....and here comes the dead horse beating: the code.......

#1314 6 years ago

GOTG is damn good! If you like IM you will love this one. It's IM2 IMHO.

#1315 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

GOTG is a fun shooting machine, it has some GREAT shots both short and long, all over the playfield. Played it in league last night, love that part of it and the way it looks. It's a beautiful pin!
...but....and here comes the dead horse beating: the code.......

Well agree, but code can be changed, but will it be updated sufficiently?

Code is a hybrid of KISS and AS with some of the same issues but frustrating as all these games could be so much better!

Still 3 new coders at Stern so let's see what the next 6 months bring.

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

GOTG is damn good! If you like IM you will love this one. It's IM2 IMHO.

I have both and unfortunately it feels more like GOTG is IM 0.5. As of today, GOTG is still Groot all day long. even if they balance the scoring of Groot MB, it's still the primary tool for trying to advance the modes and get to the wizard modes which means the same shot to Groot's face all day long. IM spreads the wealth much better and shifts the focus more often requiring you to make other shots than just the iron monger shot up the middle.

#1317 6 years ago

I really enjoyed the game but wouldn't buy one as the code just isn't good enough.

Just seem to have reached a point in pinball buying where code is everything.

Code doesn't matter so much on location but for home use, it's number 1!

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I have both and unfortunately it feels more like GOTG is IM 0.5. As of today, GOTG is still Groot all day long. even if they balance the scoring of Groot MB, it's still the primary tool for trying to advance the modes and get to the wizard modes which means the same shot to Groot's face all day long. IM spreads the wealth much better and shifts the focus more often requiring you to make other shots than just the iron monger shot up the middle.

Are you on the latest code? Seems to me the bigger points are now with Orb Multiball, not Groot.

#1319 6 years ago

I plan to view and play the new GOTG code @ TPF, at the Marco booth. I will try and follow up, but I know many others will respond as well. IMO this will make or break "me" from buying the game in the future. Can't wait to play the Star Wars code too!

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are you on the latest code? Seems to me the bigger points are now with Orb Multiball, not Groot.

Yeah, I'm on the latest code. I haven't noticed Orb MB being specifically a lot more lucrative than Groot, especially when you consider how easy it is to start Groot and restart it. Tie that in with the ease of hitting him as a shot, ease of lighting him as the shot multiplier and then stacking in Hadron Enforcer shots and getting to the double (double) super jackpot is pretty easy and quite offset scoring wise. If you're skilled and lucky enough to get Rocket Double scoring then it's even crazier.

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun to shoot, I enjoy the modes that are programmed, but points wise and strategy to get deep in the game still revolves hugely around bashing groot in the face over and over again.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yeah, I'm on the latest code. I haven't noticed Orb MB being specifically a lot more lucrative than Groot, especially when you consider how easy it is to start Groot and restart it. Tie that in with the ease of hitting him as a shot, ease of lighting him as the shot multiplier and then stacking in Hadron Enforcer shots and getting to the double (double) super jackpot is pretty easy and quite offset scoring wise. If you're skilled and lucky enough to get Rocket Double scoring then it's even crazier.
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun to shoot, I enjoy the modes that are programmed, but points wise and strategy to get deep in the game still revolves hugely around bashing groot in the face over and over again.

Give orb multiball a try. I scored 200 Million on orb multiball alone. The latest software update has made orb multiball a lot more attractive score wise. We are starting to like our GOTG. Still a few things missing from the code. Machine is definitely getting there. Downside is long ball times.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I scored 200 Million on orb multiball alone.

Nice! Did you have the orb shot multiplied and any other multipliers running, i.e. rocket double scoring? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I've had a couple of Groot MB's north of 150 million and definitely scored more than 250 million in Groot MBs in a single game.

#1323 6 years ago

In the .87 code update ORB multiball is the money maker.. Groot is not the only shot.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In the .87 code update ORB multiball is the money maker.. Groot is not the only shot.

Agreed and confirmed on the 2 GOTG Pros at our league location.....

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I believe you are on old code..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1326 6 years ago

I only had my game one day, so no reference on old code but I just tried to mix the antiques guy with orb MB and got out of it with 600mil, 340 being a super jackpot.

My best score so far just shy of 700

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Nice! Did you have the orb shot multiplied and any other multipliers running, i.e. rocket double scoring? I can't remember off the top of my head, but I've had a couple of Groot MB's north of 150 million and definitely scored more than 250 million in Groot MBs in a single game.

Yes. 2 x multiplier on the orb shot and rocket double scoring. Since we updated the code, I have not been able to get over 100 million on Groot multiball. I am really starting to like the game.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I only had my game one day, so no reference on old code but I just tried to mix the antiques guy with orb MB and got out of it with 600mil, 340 being a super jackpot.
My best score so far just shy of 700

Nice! Are you on the latest code?

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, been and intermittent issue for us since day 1. Seems to be much worse with the most recent code update.
Stern keeps saying it is a single bad LED (either GI or controlled light) but you are now the 3rd person I have heard this from. I think it is a bigger issue with the spike system. I have noticed this on KISS also.

My left flipper feels weak at times as well.

#1330 6 years ago

Put this in your GOTG!

V2 of the .87 code to the same links you have all been sent before. Just re-download and flash it to your SD card.
Some of the changes are:
Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.
Completed all call outs for all modes with current code .87
Used "Fox On The Run" music for "Sibling Rivalry" Modes
Used "David Bowie-Moonage Dream" music for "Knowhere" Modes
Used "Come A Little Bit Closer" music for "Yaka's Arrow" Modes
I still want to get Fleetwood Mac's "Break The Chain" in there somewhere, but can't decide where to fit it with current code.
At this point I am going to wait and see what happens with the next code update and go from there. I would like to add some more variety in the callouts
from the characters from VOL 2 of the movie, but will evaluate that with next code update. So for now, I am done with .87 code but will certainly address the next update. Thanks to all of you for the PM's and Topper fund, you guys rock!
Enjoy my fellow Pinsiders!
Edit: Some have said there were problems with the links but many have said they downloaded them fine. I think some of you early folks had the .zip link and I changed it to the direct .img. Just PM me if you have any problems and I'll re-send you the links.

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Nice! Are you on the latest code?

Yes .87

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

My left flipper feels weak at times as well.

predominantly left for us, but sometimes right also (since latest code update)

#1333 6 years ago

Played some more GOTG last night. I have been running on v0.87 but typically wasn't focused on Orb MB (still shot and used Groot predominantly to advance modes to get to the wizard mode). In any case, thanks everyone for pointing out the changes on Orb MB, it does indeed seem to be more lucrative now than a single Groot MB, especially if you get the Orb shot multiplied before starting.

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

predominantly left for us, but sometimes right also (since latest code update)

The right flipper has intermittently seemed weak, and usually when trying to bat at the ball screaming out of the Rocket Launcher. I have only noticed the left acting similar after the last code update.

#1335 6 years ago

Three days in, and I have to admit Im a little scared the “ Kiss” bones that are in there wont be changed in whatever is left on updates. I knew this but bought it anyway so cannot complain

Never say never though..

I do however like metal, so plastic ramps are not safe in my line up, and the groot hands I just feel could be implemented better.. good combination to change out , so I will post my progress on this here.

So far... might change the path to go through his hands, or stick to original. Time wil tell

DAFE0DF3-A75D-4F37-86B5-ADA96EF6FE40 (resized).jpegDAFE0DF3-A75D-4F37-86B5-ADA96EF6FE40 (resized).jpeg

668A3BB1-F8F2-4FDF-AD49-795F7064F3B6 (resized).jpeg668A3BB1-F8F2-4FDF-AD49-795F7064F3B6 (resized).jpeg

1C5FFB53-1745-40A8-BBF0-37EC323EE729 (resized).jpeg1C5FFB53-1745-40A8-BBF0-37EC323EE729 (resized).jpeg

D2A91FFC-9471-4848-8C50-27FED1123922 (resized).jpegD2A91FFC-9471-4848-8C50-27FED1123922 (resized).jpeg

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

The right flipper has intermittently seemed weak, and usually when trying to bat at the ball screaming out of the Rocket Launcher. I have only noticed the left acting similar after the last code update.

definitely worse since last code update for us.

Yesterday we spent another 2 hours systematically going through and unplugging different light boards or GI from node board 8.
If you have not looked at the spike system, it basically runs both data a power from a node board (in this case 8 which is towards front of pf) out to the feature lights (insert lights) and also to GI. This is a weak system in the sense that poor coding or an issue with even 1 light has the ability to impact power draw to the coils.

To diagnose and try to number it down you can first unplug the connector that goes to the main center light board (all other light boards will daisy chain off this so they will go out also; and note that groot daisy chains off this so his mouth wont work), then see if you can recreate the intermittent weak flippers. If no weak flippers, then you have numbered it down to one of the light boards/ groot board.
Nest step is to plug back in the main light board and unplug the daisy chain down stream to eliminate the rest. Test again.

Basically keep going down the chain to see when the weak flipper shows back up. Then you have found the culprit board of lights or groot board.

If the featire lights are not the issue then plug them all back in and just disconnect the GI.

Please report back with what you find.

After all our work last night we still were not 100% on what the issue was. We did find one bad GI socket (in the right inlane guide/ under the flipper plate) which seems to have helped fix the weak flipper issue after removing that bulb. Being that the weak flipper issue is intermittent, it is a real PITA to reproduce during all the testing.

I will note that now that we have multiple people reporting this, STERN REALLY NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!

are you reading this Stern? Please do some work to figure this out!!!! It is an issue in the current system and has manifested itself most predominantly in GOTG and more so since the most recent code update (I think it is related to the lighting sweeps/ more light use in the newer code)

#1337 6 years ago

Don't know that I've read it here yet, but the latest update was pretty great in that they took a lot of feedback into account (or were already planning on it, who knows). The adjustment for the autoplunger in the settings was fantastic to see - - I'm not worried about it breaking plastics or the ball gate at the top of the roll over lanes any more, it's been great to see mode progress showing up now during mode selection - I took full advantage of that last night in attempting to get to Immolation. The callouts and video have been a big improvement as well. Anyway, nice to see two big things get fixed/updated in this last version. It's definitely more fun to play now.

also FYI - in about 50 games I have yet to see any change in flipper performance on v0.87.

Oh, and I almost forgot, how friggin' cool is it that Groot moves his mouth on the second round of Groot MB when trying to lock balls during the MB? for something so simple, it really was fun (and frustrating). I really hope they integrate that more in future versions. I could see it being fun on every time lock is lit that you have to wait and time your shot. it would definitely make getting to Groot MB more difficult and more rewarding when you finally get there.

#1338 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Don't know that I've read it here yet, but the latest update was pretty great in that they took a lot of feedback into account (or were already planning on it, who knows). The adjustment for the autoplunger in the settings was fantastic to see - - I'm not worried about it breaking plastics or the ball gate at the top of the roll over lanes any more, it's been great to see mode progress showing up now during mode selection - I took full advantage of that last night in attempting to get to Immolation. The callouts and video have been a big improvement as well. Anyway, nice to see two big things get fixed/updated in this last version. It's definitely more fun to play now.
also FYI - in about 50 games I have yet to see any change in flipper performance on v0.87.
Oh, and I almost forgot, how friggin' cool is it that Groot moves his mouth on the second round of Groot MB when trying to lock balls during the MB? for something so simple, it really was fun (and frustrating). I really hope they integrate that more in future versions. I could see it being fun on every time lock is lit that you have to wait and time your shot. it would definitely make getting to Groot MB more difficult and more rewarding when you finally get there.

I agree with your observations.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

how friggin' cool is it that Groot moves his mouth on the second round of Groot MB when trying to lock balls during the MB?

Yes, I noticed this the other day. Super cool! Excited to see the next update.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Oh, and I almost forgot, how friggin' cool is it that Groot moves his mouth on the second round of Groot MB when trying to lock balls during the MB? for something so simple, it really was fun (and frustrating).

I haven’t had chance to play the newest code yet but this sounds like a great addition and a nice way to switch up gameplay and the shot itself.

Is there any “I am Groot” sound clips tied to the movement of the mouth?

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I haven’t had chance to play the newest code yet but this sounds like a great addition and a nice way to switch up gameplay and the shot itself.

I didn't notice any audio cues with mouth movements but it's hard to tell playing solo and concentrating on everything at once.

#1342 6 years ago

Can a few Premium/LE owners take a picture of the inside of the speaker area - back of monitor? I am looking to see the back of the 2 speakers and back of monitor hookups.

Thx

#1343 6 years ago

How is the feed coming down from the right orbit for you guys? Mine usually hits the top of the slingshot and it either bounces to the left flipper, or, it tries to go down the middle. I loose a lot of balls just from this. Does yours safely feed the right flipper every time? Mine is a fight to save the ball each time.

Btw, I haven't noticed any flipper strength issues before or after the last code patch. Mine seems good on that.

#1344 6 years ago

I turned of the continuous movie mumbling lines in settings, with hope of hearing more music an call outs.

I was sad to hear say 4 call outs .. maybe 5 tops . In the whole game!!! Rocket has 2, , and a skill /extra ball by quill.

But we do get a Kiss guitar rif on the groot stand ups

There must be more coming, the groot lock “interuption” scene and sound would be so much better as “i am groot “ layered over the soundtrack you’re playing .

Im praying, game deserves it .

Quoted from J85M:

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I turned of the continuous movie mumbling lines in settings, with hope of hearing more music an call outs.
I was sad to hear say 4 call outs .. maybe 5 tops . In the whole game!!! Rocket has 2, , and a skill /extra ball by quill.
But we do get a Kiss guitar rif on the groot stand ups
There must be more coming, the groot lock “interuption” scene and sound would be so much better as “i am groot “ layered over the soundtrack you’re playing .
Im praying, game deserves it .

I'm happy to say that my guard turds is leaving and my negativity will leave with it. This is the worst game in decades and I'm thrilled to see it leave.

#1346 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm happy to say that my guard turds is leaving and my negativity will leave with it. This is the worst game in decades and I'm thrilled to see it leave.

If you dont have the patience to let the code mature then why on earth would you buy a brand new game when it first comes out? I want to play a game before i purchase it but if that isnt an option, i would at least wait 6-12 months and see what other people are saying about it.

#1347 6 years ago

If thats the remedie to solve your negative feeling, let it go. Not every game is a match.
I had the same with my star wars, so badly wanted to love it but in the end I had to get it out of my collection.

Me not loving it doesnt make it a turd though, and neither is this, it just needs some tlc.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Flip less intensely. Kidding aside, this is a real issue with this game. It sucks.

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you dont have the patience to let the code mature then why on earth would you buy a brand new game when it first comes out? I want to play a game before i purchase it but if that isnt an option, i would at least wait 6-12 months and see what other people are saying about it.

Well I love pinball and have bought all Stern NIB since 2012. Didn't love WWE, but it was no where as bad as GOTG. All the rest I gave solid 6.7 to 9 on reviews. This specific game is just horrible. It's so bad that I will never buy another Lonnie coded game ever.

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well I love pinball and have bought all Stern NIB since 2012. Didn't love WWE, but it was no where as bad as GOTG. All the rest I gave solid 6.7 to 9 on reviews. This specific game is just horrible. It's so bad that I will never buy another Lonnie coded game ever.

As a minor sidebar, I'm curious what you think of Stern SW as you appear to own it as well. Given your somewhat brutal honesty with GOTG, I'm curious to hear your opinion of SW. It doesn't appear that you have reviewed it yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coventry, RI
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/27?hl=silveredballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.