IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 171.
#1251 6 years ago

Anyone care to youtube a couple games with the new code!? Pleeeease!?

#1252 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

its supposed to hold/affect the ball yes

Mine just kind of pushes the ball a little. It’s almost like the timing is off. I notice the magnet itself rotates under the playfield. Is this normal?

#1253 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenover:

Mine just kind of pushes the ball a little. It’s almost like the timing is off. I notice the magnet itself rotates under the playfield. Is this normal?

I do not have a pro, but the magnets in mine do rotate, so think that is normal. Most of the time they also just push the ball a little one way or another. Although a couple times they did at least one full circle/ loop, more so in orb multiball than any other time.

#1254 6 years ago

I like the Groot jaw motor integrated in (it seems) -every other super jackpot.

#1255 6 years ago

I’m really enjoying my GOTG Le, and the code keeps coming.
I also own a Metallica and though the layout is similar, the rule set is way different
Love ‘em both, just can’t figure out why one is a top 5 and the other barely scrapes into the top 200
I think GOTG may pull a BM ‘66 and gather some momentum, seems to me that many like to crap on Stern, but man they still get the best licenses!
Sure Met maybe better, but not 150 places better, shite!

#1256 6 years ago

Repost from code thread.

I would like the option to stay in a level 2 mode if you hit the scoop. Or even have them stack with another mode somehow. I trying to figure out where the level 2 modes come into my strategy. Yakka Arrow with the targets, or the one with the super pops, seem best to have going with a multiball. There's not much incentive to play them alone. It seems better to just move to the next mode to advance toward wizard modes. Pod chase 2 on the other hand, with its super ramps, can be lucrative to play alone. Especially if you have multipliers lit. I'm wondering what the intended strategies for these level 2 modes are? Stacking them with mulitball is obviously something you could do. But getting the timing right might not be worth the effort. I'm I missing something? Maybe make it like Star Trek where you can select a level 2 after you've finished it's level 1.

#1257 6 years ago

The new code is great, only downfall for me is the power on the triangle bands near the bottom (insert fancy word for them) are way too powerful now.

The griot multi ball lower scoring is a good fix with the explanation of the modes and mode completion offering more a good change.

Also noticed rocket coil is a good setting now and doesn’t drain down the middle much.

Overall great!

#1258 6 years ago

Yup this just happened.. 1st time for this one.. All good the beer is cold!!

5765F176-7D3B-4819-8509-EF9E6537D8BA.jpeg5765F176-7D3B-4819-8509-EF9E6537D8BA.jpeg

#1259 6 years ago

i believe you can adjust the slingshot power in the menu correct>?

#1260 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

post 1004 had this issue also- not sure how it was resolved

#1261 6 years ago

After updating to 0.87 the gotg insert is always fading in orange.

does anyone has this too?

#1263 6 years ago

Im sorry the code is still horrible.

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenover:

I think thats normal, but thats exactly what mine does too. It almost seems like the magnet activates a tad too late.

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

After updating to 0.87 the gotg insert is always fading in orange.
does anyone has this too?

Yes. Orange is the new white.

#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Stern should make this pin a top priority if they want it to sell. Before the slightly used GOTG market takes even more sales away from the new ones...

#1267 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I truly appreciate your honesty sir

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I truly appreciate your honesty sir

Mine is still for sale at 5k to anyone at anytime. I've had a few trade offers. It's basically better than NIB since I tuned it in, put factory protector in, added USB at the coin door for easy updates, and put a cliffy in the shooter.

No guessing of if you'd get a game that needs service or a botched PF etc with this one.

#1269 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Mine is still for sale at 5k to anyone at anytime. I've had a few trade offers. It's basically better than NIB since I tuned it in, put factory protector in, added USB at the coin door for easy updates, and put a cliffy in the shooter.
No guessing of if you'd get a game that needs service or a botched PF etc with this one.

Where are you located?

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

We appreciate your honesty. We are slowly warming up to the game.

#1271 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Where are you located?

York, PA

#1272 6 years ago

Little too far for me.

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I disagree. This code update was definitely an improvement and step in the right direction. The game is missing call outs and direction still.

From i what i figured orb MB is the new thing. Groot was nerfed to the ground. But i think once they get scoring down to what they want then call outs will be added. At least im hoping.

The game is fun as is. Its just not great yet.

#1274 6 years ago

The ball seems to be moving differently for me with this code update. Is it my imagination? And if not my imagine, what changes in code is causing it?

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

The ball seems to be moving differently for me with this code update. Is it my imagination? And if not my imagine, what changes in code is causing it?

Could be changes in the coil strengths. I went in a increased the ball launch power to get it back to where it was before the update. They may have changed other coils as well. Rocket kickback seems a little softer.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1276 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

post update our flippers are intermittently worse/weaker so shots are constantly different/not where you expect them.

Seems to be worse during big light show events.

#1277 6 years ago

Played a bunch of games on a GOTG on location at Bumpernets here tonight on the latest code. Nice improvement over the previous release, scoring does seem more balanced that before, with Groot MB not bringing as much as before and Orb MB increasing in points. Overall thought scores were definitely down during play tonight. However it still needs more, saw some insert lighting at time that didn't make sense, including the right outlane SAVE light flashing and letting a ball drain that way anyway.

#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Could be changes in the coil strengths. I went in a increased the ball launch power to get it back to where it was before the update. They may have changed other coils as well. Rocket kickback seems a little softer.

I think you are on to something here. We noticed all the coil strengths (including the flippers and slings) were softened which made the game play different. I thought it was us. We adjusted the sling strength back up. we also noticed that the magnet action is stronger than before.

#1279 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think you are on to something here. We noticed all the coil strengths (including the flippers and slings) were softened which made the game play different. I thought it was us. We adjusted the sling strength back up. we also noticed that the magnet action is stronger than before.

Makes sense - and good to know it's not just me!

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

Makes sense - and good to know it's not just me!

That is the beauty of Pinside. We all get to share our experiences!

#1281 6 years ago

Just joined the group...Premium arrives on Tuesday!! Is the TiltForum Rulesheet still applicable given the .87 update? I want to learn as much detail about gameplay as possible. On location, I just play chase the flashing lights.

#1282 6 years ago

Has anybody else noticed that you can't seem to time out on Sanctuary, it seems to just roll over into Sanctuary 2 even if you haven't completed a shot, gotta be a bug!

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Has anybody else noticed that you can't seem to time out on Sanctuary, it seems to just roll over into Sanctuary 2 even if you haven't completed a shot, gotta be a bug!

I always figured it was a gimmie mode. Aerosmith has a couple of these

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

As mentioned above, Sanctuary is more of a survival mode. As long as you make ANY lit that lights up after the timer expires you complete the mode and go on to Sanctuary 2.

#1285 6 years ago

Pop quiz ? Theirs a burning joint on the playfeild hidden can u find it ? We did i just forgot to post about it months ago

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

yup, I played a test game and that happened as well.
thinking of maybe getting those protectors for that plastic to make it more rigid.

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Glad I am not the only one. I have been scratching my head on this for a couple of code updates. Looks like since the spinner nonsense has been taken out of the pro version , that there is no phase II for Sibling Mode. Apparently there is no phase II for Quill's Quest either.

#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

post update our flippers are intermittently worse/weaker so shots are constantly different/not where you expect them.
Seems to be worse during big light show events.

I agree Whysnow- have notice a different feel to the flipper strength, especially the left bat. Before this update- could easily backhand both left orbit and left ramp, not so now.

#1289 6 years ago

Is there a definitive fix for the orb drop target getting stuck on the ball?

#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I agree Whysnow- have notice a different feel to the flipper strength, especially the left bat. Before this update- could easily backhand both left orbit and left ramp, not so now.

thanks for the heads up. I guess misery loves company, cause it is good to know we dont have the only game with this issue.

Wish Stern could figure this crap out!

#1291 6 years ago

How often does this happen? lol

066C9C66-425E-483B-9048-9449D1BB7800 (resized).jpeg066C9C66-425E-483B-9048-9449D1BB7800 (resized).jpeg

79F75BFC-ACFE-4445-9CC4-6B6D4D97382D (resized).jpeg79F75BFC-ACFE-4445-9CC4-6B6D4D97382D (resized).jpeg

#1292 6 years ago

Hey everyone, new GotG Pro owner here. Just got my Pro on Sunday, have it updated to .87 already and anxiously awaiting to see when I can get my hands on @cleland's sound mod.

Loving the support and info from everyone on this forum and looking forward to diving into other mods as I get familiar with the machine.

#1293 6 years ago

I’m still looking for some damn Groot arms! Haha

#1294 6 years ago

I guess I'll clarify. Balls are getting stuck in my orb lock all the time. The drop target doesn't want to go down until ball find and sometimes not at all.

#1295 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I guess I'll clarify. Balls are getting stuck in my orb lock all the time. The drop target doesn't want to go down until ball find and sometimes not at all.

cocomonkeh- I had this issue when I first got my game-see post #278. A simple washer installed cured my issue completely.

#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

How often does this happen? lol

twice for me

FB_IMG_1519835942043 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519835942043 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1519835927070 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1519835927070 (resized).jpg

#1297 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

twice for me

Haha. That's a good time to go for a break.

#1298 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Haha. That's a good time to go for a break.

I shit you not both times I was unaware until day(s) later,

Aerosmith dumps the locked pinballs from the toybox after a game ends.

So I unknowingly walk away from a pinball unicorn only to find it later

Waaaaay later lol

#1299 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I shit you not both times I was unaware until day(s) later,
Aerosmith dumps the locked pinballs from the toybox after a game ends.
So I unknowingly walk away from a pinball unicorn only to find it later
Waaaaay later lol

Same for me lol....I thought it looked awesome though!

#1300 6 years ago

Happened to me once on my WOZ. I didn’t notice until a few days later... Cool enough to take a quick pic with my phone.

FF01192C-D140-400D-B548-B5D0709D26A0 (resized).jpegFF01192C-D140-400D-B548-B5D0709D26A0 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 22.50
$ 25.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.