IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 171.
#1201 6 years ago

Speakerlights.com

420BD82E-1219-41B8-916E-1BA090023D4A.jpeg420BD82E-1219-41B8-916E-1BA090023D4A.jpeg

F65AD48E-8CDB-4A52-88D3-5E2F59CA4890.jpegF65AD48E-8CDB-4A52-88D3-5E2F59CA4890.jpeg

97B6A013-4A0C-499D-83E9-96FB1DC95D35.jpeg97B6A013-4A0C-499D-83E9-96FB1DC95D35.jpeg

#1202 6 years ago

Mine has arrived Guardians of the Galaxy Premium

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Speakerlights.com

Speakerlightskits.com posted wrong name earlier.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have them, they work really well and look great!

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I have them, they work really well and look great!

Yes, they do! Will you be attending the Texas pinball fest?

#1206 6 years ago

You’ll be waiting for code for a long time! GB hasn’t even had an update and like someone said earlier once the new machine gets released you’ll be waiting even longer

No more Stern’s for me because of this

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

You’ll be waiting for code for a long time! GB hasn’t even had an update and like someone said earlier once the new machine gets released you’ll be waiting even longer

Hopefully you are incorrect. The GB 1.13 code is great and the work that some of the pinsiders did to polish it off made it fantastic with the addition of new songs.
Love my LE!!

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yes, they do! Will you be attending the Texas pinball fest?

Yes he has a quality product and is a good guy too. Yes we will be at TPF details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-booth-at-texas-pinball-festival-2018-2018

Really hoping for a code update from Stern. I’m working with Cleland and testing his new Pinball Browser code too for GOTG!

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes he has a quality product and is a good guy too. Yes we will be at TPF details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-stadium-booth-at-texas-pinball-festival-2018-2018
Really hoping for a code update from Stern. I’m working with Cleland and testing his new Pinball Browser code too for GOTG!

Very happy to hear you are working with Cleland this is great news!! Game saving news!!

I will try introduce myself in Texas. I am looking forward to this trip. lot of new pins for 2018.

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I'm pretty sure GoTG will hit 1.0 sooner as opposed to later, but after that is unknown. 1.0 seems to be the new benchmark of when Stern considers a game 'complete'. After that, well it's anyone's guess unless Stern Of The Union mentions something.

Rob

#1211 6 years ago

Topper is mounted and working. Height is 9”. Easiest install of any topper I’ve ever added. Unscrew 4 screws on top of the head, set the topper on the head, screw those 4 back in. Ruby the wires down the built in hole. Plug the two plugs into spaces shown.

Side honeycomb areas flash in a fast pattern. Center area rotated through different LED colors. Interestingly, all lights shut off on the topper during game play. They start back up once your last ball drains. Did not notice anything during game play. Not sure if this is a setting or a code issue or that’s just the ABCs of the topper. My .02.... Very happy with it. Maybe a tad overpriced from what I see now. Great construction. Would buy it again. Finishes off the game nicely. Tried to post a video but no luck. If anyone knows how to do that, PM your email address and I’ll email you the video and you can post.

78FC2D9D-893C-4FDF-B6A1-72184619C742 (resized).jpeg78FC2D9D-893C-4FDF-B6A1-72184619C742 (resized).jpeg

B939DF89-AA79-4C87-9824-406792799AA5 (resized).jpegB939DF89-AA79-4C87-9824-406792799AA5 (resized).jpeg

B48A16D2-4853-4FB2-8CCE-6FB0BD6661A3 (resized).jpegB48A16D2-4853-4FB2-8CCE-6FB0BD6661A3 (resized).jpeg

022BDC0F-B01C-4FEA-B6C4-5664D624E16E (resized).jpeg022BDC0F-B01C-4FEA-B6C4-5664D624E16E (resized).jpeg

9EA48B79-FA38-4EEE-B701-5AFC8687A1B1 (resized).jpeg9EA48B79-FA38-4EEE-B701-5AFC8687A1B1 (resized).jpeg

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Third time is a charm I guess. The website URL is actually www.speakerlightkits.com

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Third time is a charm I guess. The website URL is actually http://www.speakerlightkits.com

Apologies @dugfreez.. Great kit looks fantastic! Thanks.

3rd time www.speakerlightkits.com

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

Anyway, I'm looking at the Guardians of the Galaxy rule sheet (http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338) and, sadly, a lot of it is Greek to me. I've done a bunch of searches online to see if I can find something that's written in more lay language and that annotates the playfield but coming up empty.

Here are some examples if anyone is willing to explain these to me....

Lucysuros ... Good questions! Since all of them are based on the information posted on Tiltforums, I'd suggest copy/pasting your questions and posting them in that rulesheet thread on Tiltforums. Here's only one answer for you, because school just called, and I have to go pick up a sick kid from the nurse's office.

Quoted from Lucysuros:

How do I know what the jackpot shots are? During MB the whole playfield is crazy lit up.

You're spot on. Essentially, EVERY major shot with a blinking arrow is lit for a jackpot (JP). Specifically -- and as noted in the rulesheet -- each flashing arrow shot is lit for two jackpots. Meaning: the first time you hit it scores a JP, but the shot arrow stays lit, because you can hit it again for a 2nd JP. After hitting a shot's 2nd JP, the arrow quits flashing, indicating that a JP is no longer available at that shot.

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Topper is mounted and working. Height is 9”. Easiest install of any topper I’ve ever added. Unscrew 4 screws on top of the head, set the topper on the head, screw those 4 back in. Ruby the wires down the built in hole. Plug the two plugs into spaces shown.
Side honeycomb areas flash in a fast pattern. Center area rotated through different LED colors. Interestingly, all lights shut off on the topper during game play. They start back up once your last ball drains. Did not notice anything during game play. Not sure if this is a setting or a code issue or that’s just the ABCs of the topper. My .02.... Very happy with it. Maybe a tad overpriced from what I see now. Great construction. Would buy it again. Finishes off the game nicely. Tried to post a video but no luck. If anyone knows how to do that, PM your email address and I’ll email you the video and you can post.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post.

#1216 6 years ago

I've noticed often in Groot multiball that Groot's mouth will stop part way open (or part way closed, not sure which direction it is moving) and will not respond to being hit at all until multiball is over. This does not allow the player to lock any more balls during the multiball. The mechanism itself seems to be working fine. Have other people noticed this behavior before. Anyone know what causes it or what can prevent it? Is this simply a coding issue that needs to be looked at?

Additionally, I have never seen the Groot mouth behave poorly during normal play, this only occurs during multiball. Maybe something about the mouth being hit twice in rapid succession?

Thanks,
Ryan

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

lucysuros ... Good questions! Since all of them are based on the information posted on Tiltforums, I'd suggest copy/pasting your questions and posting them in that rulesheet thread on Tiltforums. Here's only one answer for you, because school just called, and I have to go pick up a sick kid from the nurse's office.

You're spot on. Essentially, EVERY major shot with a blinking arrow is lit for a jackpot (JP). Specifically -- and as noted in the rulesheet -- each flashing arrow shot is lit for two jackpots. Meaning: the first time you hit it scores a JP, but the shot arrow stays lit, because you can hit it again for a 2nd JP. After hitting a shot's 2nd JP, the arrow quits flashing, indicating that a JP is no longer available at that shot.

COOL, thanks so much for explaining! Hope your kid feeling better. It's been brutal this year.

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

I've noticed often in Groot multiball that Groot's mouth will stop part way open (or part way closed, not sure which direction it is moving) and will not respond to being hit at all until multiball is over. This does not allow the player to lock any more balls during the multiball. The mechanism itself seems to be working fine. Have other people noticed this behavior before. Anyone know what causes it or what can prevent it? Is this simply a coding issue that needs to be looked at?
Additionally, I have never seen the Groot mouth behave poorly during normal play, this only occurs during multiball. Maybe something about the mouth being hit twice in rapid succession?
Thanks,
Ryan

Unfortunately for me, Groot always has his mouth is stuck open.. (The orb also does not work).. Waiting for a new motor controller board to arrive to fix that. But before I updated to .85 I did have various oddities across the play field. Have you updated to latest firmware ? What was your original ? If this only happens during MB, i might think it is software related, I might know in a couple days if the board replacement fixes my issue..

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

seems to be code issue. I have noticed the same thing on our game. Only in multiball

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems to be code issue. I have noticed the same thing on our game. Only in multiball

Thanks @Whysnow, hopefully this can be fixed with firmware.

And @Zucram, I'm at V0.85. Originally had V0.61 in December and have kept up with the code releases.

#1221 6 years ago

ModFather Baby Groot shooter rod installed. Love
It. Great quality. Here are some pics. Way better than the Stern
One IMHO.

AD5E19AF-98CE-4849-842D-5D7B7E40ECBC (resized).jpegAD5E19AF-98CE-4849-842D-5D7B7E40ECBC (resized).jpeg

283DC06E-5A38-4599-A4E8-8FC30406E81F (resized).jpeg283DC06E-5A38-4599-A4E8-8FC30406E81F (resized).jpeg

#1222 6 years ago

New Code .87..........

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2017 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY *

HELP US, HELP YOU! If you have any suggestions, questions, need technical
advice, find errors or have comments, contact us through our website:

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

This text file and all other documents relating to this product, playfield
components, features, rules, programming and operation are subject to change
without notice (Service Bulletins, if applicable, available through our
website).

Installation notice:
The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains two files.
Open the folder, copy the two files to the root level of a USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

PRO V0.87 - February 13, 2018
=====================

- added slingshot power adjustment.
- changed default slingshot power.
- added an adjustment for auto ball launch power.
- changed default auto ball launch power.
- fixed Drax display effects that appear in Save Xandar.
- added a lightshow to Save Xandar Jackpots.
- changed mystery "ball save lit" weighted criteria.
- changed mystery "shot multiplier lit" weighted criteria.
- modified antiquities shop awards to stop displaying on top of each other.
- rampage spell out difficulty no longer gets harder after the 2nd+ spell out event, i.e. it remains at the same difficulty throughout the entire game.
- added sound effects to mission awards for Antiquities Shop, Escape Kyln, Quills Quest and Yaka Arrow.
- Modified mode select lights to only show when the mode select Display Effect is running.
- added Ball Save Advance/Score display/sound FX.
- added a HurryUp award to the first stage of Orb Multiball.
- Orb Multiball jackpot values can be upgraded by hitting the Orb drop target, i.e. hitting the drop target during Orb Multiball raises the shot jackpot value by 2X.
- Orb Multiball HurryUp score starts at 3M.
- fixed a bug where Orb MB HurryUp was starting to countdown too early.
- added start game functionality to action button on the lock down bar.
- added green light to lockdown button when it can start a game.
- modified action button so that it doesn't start a game during match sequence.
- disallow mode select lamps from showing while waiting for the mystery presentation to end.
- added Immolation Initiative Jackpot, Double Jackpot, Super Jackpot sound effects.
- modified mystery to flash during multiballs when giving an award.
- mystery award presentation runs faster during a multiball.
- added a Display Effect for ball save score (for when you try to relight an already lit ball save)
- disabled mystery light shows from running during multiballs, i.e. normally the mystery lightshows are showing you what you won by masking out all of the other lamps.
- Added new light show to shot multiplier mystery award.
- disabled Sibling Rivalry 2 spinner rule (PRO only).
- removed spinner from mystery award (PRO only).
- fixed Immolation Initiative Jackpot display effect.
- Fixed incorrect lamp usage in mystery.
- updated mystery award videos (text changes).
- added light show for ball save mystery.
- fixed issues with double scoring mystery presentations.
- fixed issue with rampage spell out.
- Added new mystery award for ball save lit.
- fixed a bug where the previous/current tournament winners names were not being displayed in the attract mode.
- fixed immolation initiative advance synced sound/display FX.
- added outlines to all Tournament attract mode text effects.
- added an adjustment/rule to limit the number of times a ball can be locked during Groot Multiball, default = 3.
- Groot Multiball shots are now worth 5X if the shot's associated character/mission is completed.
- added rectangular shot inserts to the Groot Multiball rule and changed the shot arrow insert logic in
Groot Multiball to reflect the new 5X mode completion rule. If a mission is completed the Groot Multiball
shot inserts will strobe indicating the shot is worth 5X. These completed mission inserts will also temporarily
flash quickly when available for a 10X combo.
- optimized lamp logic in modes/multiball to reduce node bus traffic.
- added Immolation Initiative advance sound F/X.
- added Save Xandar Advance sound F/X
- added Save Xandar Intro sound F/X.
- modified Mystery awards to disallow showing award display effects twice, i.e. the Mystery "Ball Save Is Lit" display effect is not followed by the normal "Ball Save is Lit" display effect.
- added new videos for mystery awards.
- added new double scoring music.
- added new mystery awards, Orb Lit, Orb "X" Completed
- added mystery light shows for each award.
- changed the upgrade is lit and upgrade award text so it matches the color of the associated mode.
- modified Escape Kyln display effects to stop older awards before starting a new effect.
- Added 2 new mystery awards.
- added timers to the mode select screen.
- fixed broken mode select background lamp F/X.
- added shaker F/X to Groot multiball advance/light lock.
- fixed a bug where a mode shot award display/sound/lamp effect was not being shown if it completed a mode.
- added 2 new mystery awards, Rampage Letter Added, Shot Multipliers Lit.
- raised volume of Pod Chase award.
- now the Movie Lines Adjustment has 3 options: OFF/Original Only/Original & Alternates.
- fixed a display problem where Tournament winners/scores were not being shown in the Attract mode.
- fixed a Sibling Rivalry score bug.
- removed top lane lights from the Groot lock lightshow so you can see and change top lane lights (if necessary) as the new locked ball is kicked into play and travels towards the top lanes.
- added Save Xandar award display effects.
- raised volume of Groot Multiball sound FX
- Groot Multiball now has 3 jackpot levels that are followed by a super/double super jackpot. Now the Double Super Jackpot is scored by getting the ball past Groot's moving mouth.
- added/fixed Groot advance/light/lock lightshows.
- changed Groot Multiball Ready lightshow.
- fixed Groot Multiball Start lightshow.
- restructured when mode start display effects appear.
- changed/lowered Groot Multiball scoring.
- added Trinket awards to Antiquities shop.
- added shooter groove background screens.
- added Save Xandar is lit Display Effect.
- Rampage spell out rule is now available during all multiballs.
- fixed an issue where changing to a foreground effect would cause the double scoring icon to disappear.
- added Save Xandar Wizard Mode.
- added Save Xander Advance Display Effect.
- added double scoring icon to the score screen.
- changed background RAMPAGE lamp strobe timing.
- points accumulated during Groot Multiball for lock lit/awards were not being added to the total tally, this has been corrected.
- added extended looping Knowhere start display effect and artwork (designed to be played/looped while the ball is sitting in the shooter lane at ball start).
- added speech to double scoring start/restart.
- added double scoring start/restart lightshow.
- added a lightshow to RAMPAGE spell out.
- changed difficulty of starting Rocket's Rampage Double Scoring, Default = 4 letters spotted.
- now mystery can add time to Escape Kyln 2.
- fixed a bug where collecting 2 RAMPAGE letters quickly could cause the game to reset.
- added lamp logic to the RAMPAGE light, i.e. in double scoring the light will blink faster as time is about to expire.
- added new Rampage spell out module/logic.
- added shot multiplier lit sound FX
- added shot multiplier lit/awarded speech.
- raised the volume on shot multiplier award(s).
- added mission shooter groove tunes, this will pause the timers at the start of a ball.
- added Shot Multiplier(s) Lit display effects.
- added LCD display effects for Tournament high score to date enter initials and no Tournament Qualifiers.
- removed duplicate player up score on the background score screen.
- added skull graphics to the default background score screen that appears when a mode/multiball is not active.
- add LCD display effects for Tournament Credits, Tournament Game Start.
- added ball save advance display effects
- fixed a problem where, if 3 balls were locked in Groot and any other Multiball has 3 balls in play, there are no balls in the trough to instantly serve the right outlane ball save.
If this happens the game will now wait for the ball to arrive at the trough and serve it back into play.

#1223 6 years ago

awesome - can't wait to load this up... can anyone elaborate on:
- now the Movie Lines Adjustment has 3 options: OFF/Original Only/Original & Alternates.

I didn't know such an option already existed... but what exactly does it do?

#1224 6 years ago

Sounds like some good stuff is packed in the update! Can't wait to upload tonight..

- added Save Xandar Wizard Mode.
- added Save Xander Advance Display Effect

Groot Multiball now has 3 jackpot levels that are followed by a super/double super jackpot. Now the Double Super Jackpot is scored

added shaker F/X to Groot multiball advance/light lock.

#1225 6 years ago

Keep up the good work, Stern! I can't believe people are whining on your FB page about the code update. Code updates are always good, so ignore those losers.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Keep up the good work, Stern! I can't believe people are whining on your FB page about the code update. Code updates are always good, so ignore those losers.

I asked if they know the Yondu shot does nothing... dont think It's a strange question ? should have done that from the day they started with the delivery of the games.

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Interestingly, all lights shut off on the topper during game play. They start back up once your last ball drains. Did not notice anything during game play.

Thanks for the update

Ummmm this sounds broken? why would the lights not be on when the game is being played and not interact with anything in game. Has this just not been supported yet in the code?

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I asked if they know the Yondu shot does nothing... dont think It's a strange question ? should have done that from the day they started with the delivery of the games.

That's fair. I'm referring more to the types who every time new code drops they bitch because it's not for the title they wanted, or some crap like that. News flash. It's not all about you. Can't you just be happy for those who do benefit, or at be least indifferent, or at least not bitch? Maybe it's just me and I'm turning surly.

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from bcsellie:

New Code .87..........

Cool! Thanks Stern keep the updates rolling!

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Cool! Thanks Stern keep the updates rolling!

We need a fourth option to play the songs and not the dialog. I like it better without voice over.

#1231 6 years ago

THANK YOU STERN!!!

Going to test out here shortly. Made my day !

#1232 6 years ago

Our Topper is almost complete, we are just waiting on the custom knobs to be finished.

gotg 123 (resized).jpggotg 123 (resized).jpg

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

awesome - can't wait to load this up... can anyone elaborate on:
I didn't know such an option already existed... but what exactly does it do?

I tried a game of each. Right now I like it with the movie lines turned off.

Now if we could get an option to turn on or off individual songs you could hear just what you like. Say if you liked only 2 of the 4 songs, you could then turn off the ones you don't care for and leave the other two on, or whatever combination worked for you, 1,2,3 or all 4 songs.

#1234 6 years ago

Installed the new code 0.87 and played a few games.

Initial thoughts;
- Groot Multiball does not seem to score as much, so, good.
- Orb Multiball seemed much more lucrative, so better balance.
- when in between modes, the generic blue hexagon screen is gone. Now a mostly static shot of the Knowhere head.
- A bit more custom speech. Rocket calls out the multiplied shots by name now.
- Light show no longer obscures top rollover lanes after a ball save, so shot multipliers are a bit easier to get
- While the last code added the progress screen towards Immolation Initiative with the Dark Aster, we now have a second progress screen towards Save Xandar. Graphics are a planet with orbits, and a colored hexagon animation lights up for each completed mission.
- Didn't hear Cherry Bomb, so they might be saving that for something...
- Rocket kicker seems a little lower powered now. Still surprising, but not as deadly.
- New different orchestral music when in double scoring now.

I'll add more as I think of them....

Later,
EV

#1235 6 years ago

Looks pretty darn cool. Can’t wait to give it a spin.

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Installed the new code 0.87 and played a few games.
Initial thoughts;
- Groot Multiball does not seem to score as much, so, good.
- Orb Multiball seemed much more lucrative, so better balance.
- when in between modes, the generic blue hexagon screen is gone. Now a mostly static shot of the Knowhere head.
- A bit more custom speech. Rocket calls out the multiplied shots by name now.
- Light show no longer obscures top rollover lanes after a ball save, so shot multipliers are a bit easier to get
- While the last code added the progress screen towards Immolation Initiative with the Dark Aster, we now have a second progress screen towards Save Xandar. Graphics are a planet with orbits, and a colored hexagon animation lights up for each completed mission.
- Didn't hear Cherry Bomb, so they might be saving that for something...
- Rocket kicker seems a little lower powered now. Still surprising, but not as deadly.
- New different orchestral music when in double scoring now.
I'll add more as I think of them....
Later,
EV

Hey nice write up EV- think you hit most of the highlights.
Kind of cool graphic now on each lit shot when in Broker Mode.I personally like the Orb MB better than Groot MB- had a very lucrative Orb MG tonight for an Orb total of 235,000,000 and change .
I am curious if anyone has seen Quills Quest II mode? The last 2 updates- it is non-existant on my game.I completed it twice tonight and graphics for both Immolation Initiative and Save Xandar- but no phase II mode.

#1237 6 years ago

Ok I am not a Stern hater (look at my collection) but how can you miss Yondu from the beginning. I had .66 on my Pro when I got it, here we are at .87 and nothing? Really? give me an annoying whistle - something. It just shows carelessness at best indifference worst case.
I do like the light show additions and the fact that the ramps now have a sound associated with the opto trigger . The sounds are delayed due to distance from ramp entrance to opto but there is a sound reaction to the shot now. Also thank you for removing the ghost spinner reference in the pro.

#1238 6 years ago

Tried to update last night, but kept getting an error that the update failed to unpack. I was using a different USB stick than I normally do (as my regular one took a trip through the washing machine).

Tried quick update, full update, verification on and off. Same result. Besides reformatting my USB stick and downloading the code again, is there anything else I should be trying?

Thanks

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Tried to update last night, but kept getting an error that the update failed to unpack. I was using a different USB stick than I normally do (as my regular one took a trip through the washing machine).
Tried quick update, full update, verification on and off. Same result. Besides reformatting my USB stick and downloading the code again, is there anything else I should be trying?
Thanks

The actual file is a zip file that needs to be unzipped first to give you 2 files. Why they decided to not use .zip and make it .spk (the same as the install), who knows?

#1240 6 years ago

Hi all, New GOTG Pro owner.. NIB as of a week or so ago. I noticed a real problem today when the rest of the game room was turned off and now I can't not hear it.. The woofer garbles and crackles like mad.. I also noticed that the entire audio range is coming thru the sub? Is there not a crossover to only let the lower frequencies thru to it? Anyways, it's making all the audio sound like garbage coming out of the pin

Is this a known issue? Need to call Stern? my GB Pro sounds amazing and does NOT do this.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from addlema:

Hi all, New GOTG Pro owner.. NIB as of a week or so ago. I noticed a real problem today when the rest of the game room was turned off and now I can't not hear it.. The woofer garbles and crackles like mad.. I also noticed that the entire audio range is coming thru the sub? Is there not a crossover to only let the lower frequencies thru to it? Anyways, it's making all the audio sound like garbage coming out of the pin
Is this a known issue? Need to call Stern? my GB Pro sounds amazing and does NOT do this.

I would first start by reseating the connections on all of the speakers /subs, then check the grounds. If those checkout then I would suspect you may need an audio board replacement from Stern. I hope that helps.

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I would first start by reseating the connections on all of the speakers /subs, then check the grounds. If those checkout then I would suspect you may need an audio board replacement from Stern. I hope that helps.

This is what I feared.. I already checked all the connections, I will recheck and reseat and give Stern a call. Thanks!

#1243 6 years ago

I'm just curious why Stern isn't able to start with a base of code that already includes things like this.

- added slingshot power adjustment.
- added an adjustment for auto ball launch power.

The .87 code seems to be a big list of changes; what do you think of the impact to gameplay?

#1244 6 years ago

Played .87 last night and it has some nice touches added to it.

Only had a little time to play but I like the direction and progress I was able to see. Good news.

More plays later today to dig in deep.

FB27B7A4-BDBF-4FC8-B8DD-218DFF097EF5.jpegFB27B7A4-BDBF-4FC8-B8DD-218DFF097EF5.jpeg

39A3AADD-AB5F-4C3A-B22F-7250FB25983E.jpeg39A3AADD-AB5F-4C3A-B22F-7250FB25983E.jpeg

F28D36AF-E77F-4268-9A7B-E57A8E65C3C7.jpegF28D36AF-E77F-4268-9A7B-E57A8E65C3C7.jpeg

9B34119C-428A-4483-91B8-B3B284CC2B2C.jpeg9B34119C-428A-4483-91B8-B3B284CC2B2C.jpeg

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Played .87 last night and it has some nice touches added to it.
Only had a little time to play but I like the direction and progress I was able to see. Good news.
More plays later today to dig in deep.

Yes I have been playing it a bunch (.87LE code) and it’s really starting to come together. The light show is what stands out the most for me and the call outs during modes is starting to make this great shooting game a much better player experience. Good job Stern and keep it coming!! A couple more updates and this will likely really make it what we all hoped it to be.

#1246 6 years ago

Played new code a bit. Really good update. Everything is moving in the right direction. It's really starting to come together. If this was the code at launch, it would have made a bigger buzz. Looking forward to putting a bunch more games on mine.

Still needs more regarding the Magna-Force insert and magnets in general. They are one of the reasons I bought the LE.

#1247 6 years ago

just reading through the update it seems this code has changed the way your going to play greatly. With cool lighting affects added in as well.

I cant wait to load it up and play.

No more groot only for highscore.

That 10x multiplier for jackpots and specific lighting of ramps to show which ones sounds lucrative. So now theres incentive to completing modes.

For those that have played is that strategy the way to go or is it now just shoot orb MB>? Hopefully its the ladder and both are very viable.

#1248 6 years ago

I had not noticed on any previous to .87 plays, but something I did triggered a loud / powerful: 'I AAMMM GRROOOOTT'..

#1249 6 years ago

Quick question:

Is the magnet supposed to grab and hold the ball when it is released from the orb shot on the pro?

#1250 6 years ago

its supposed to hold/affect the ball yes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 28.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/25?hl=jp335i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.